Back at Sam's

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Back at Sam's

Post by patransom »

Ultimately, you all become tired and Alice shows you to your rooms.

In the morning, since Vulan requested it, Thanis offers some instructions on how to use the kuhns you recovered from the dudes. These medium sized sticks are held at waist or shoulder height, using both hands. Although made of metal, there are comfortable handgrips protruding from the bottom. Thanis shows you there is a small trigger near one of the handgrips that makes the mechanism fire. Demonstrating for you outside of the restaurant, he shows you that a quick pull on the trigger will fire one projectile, while holding it down will spray many in a wide area. He also shows you that the small metal boxes contain ammunition, small pointy cylindrical metal things that he calls "fulleeths." He shows you that, when the kuhn runs out of ammunition, you release the empty box from the base of the kuhn and click a new one into its place. Thanis tells you the boxes hold enough ammunition for 20 single shots or 2 bursts of many.

The instruction completed, you all head over to Sam Tinker's shop. Sam has arrayed a collection of kuhns of various shapes and sizes on his counter. Thanis explains that the larger ones, called reebles, are used with two hands and are deadlier than the smaller one-handed ones, called feesthools, but are difficult to fire at a target right next to you. Each of them has slightly different operation, so you'll require some additional instruction if you want any of the kuhns that Sam is providing.

Sam hands Shareev a bracelet very similar to the one Sam found on the Dude last night. "This one is tuned to my wave. If your ambush site is not too far away, I'll be able to keep you posted if anything happens here. Maybe warn you when the Dudes are coming, if they stop here first. Now, is there anything else I can provide to help you with your plan?"

[If you're going to take one of the kuhns and plan on using it, please post this. I will warn you that, in addition to non-proficiency penalties, there will be intelligence checks (not difficult ones, though) to make sure you remember Thanis' instructions in the heat of the moment. I'll PM more rules info to anyone who wants to use a kuhn. Also post if you are taking any of the Dude's padded suits.]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah will take one of the feesthools and ammunition for it. She will also request a little training on using it. Likely, she will stick to her normal weapons but just in case.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand carries his Full Plate to Sam's shop. "Can you store this for me, until we get back? I'd like to try one of those padded suits. I also have a suit of chainmail that might service, but I may just leave that, as well."

"I'll also take one of those feesthools, and a box of the fulleeths."
Image R.I.P. Brand
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev takes the bracelt from Sam.

"I will use it sparingly, just in case. Hopefully we can end this quickly."

Shareev will also take a feesthool and some fulleeths.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias will follow Leenah's lead by taking a feesthool and a load or two of fulleeths (plus instruction in the kuhn's use) "just in case", but he's also trying to replenish his supply of arrows.

OOC: would the scout's skirmish feature work with a pistol? Or is it more likely that the character's unfamiliarity with the weapon would effectively neutralize that ability?
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin simply reads from his prayerbook, waiting for everyone to get ready.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Mighty wierd of these unusual weaponries." as Aeless watches the folks using the feesthols.. :)

OOC: Who would have known our characters are kinda like characters in Arcanum by Sierra. :D
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

Vulan will keep the two Kuns he took from the dudes - and some extra ammunition. If anyone asks he simply says, "Spoils of victory."

He'll consider using them, depending on how well they do hit at a distance, later...
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Rúadhnait considers the odd weapons for a moment, then makes a decision. "I will keep my spear and sword. These weapons reek of wizardry."
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

For those of you who just acquired feesthools, it takes only a few minutes for Thanis to explain the difference in operation between them and the reebles the dudes carried. The feesthools, which Sam calls "Forty-five Revolvers," are held in one hand. A trigger near the handgrip fires a single bullet (it's been pointed out to me that "bullet" is a word that should translate). There is no way to fire a burst of bullets. Each kuhn holds 6 bullets in individual chambers in a cylinder that swings out from the main part of the device. Normally, the bullets must be loaded one at a time, but Sam offers each of you a simple device, a "speed loader," that links 6 bullets together so that they can be loaded all at once. These bullets are of a different size than those for the Dude kuhns, so are not interchangeable.

Sam is perfectly happy to store whatever armor Brand wants to leave behind. Trying on one of the dude suits, Brand finds it surprisingly light for its bulk. It's made of a puffy material that seems almost to have a mind of its own, expanding and contracting as you move. This activity makes it difficult to fight in [until you take a proficiency feat], but it is very protective.

Leenah, Shareev, Brand, and Esias have each acquired a Forty-five Revolver, 50 Forty-five Bullets, and a speed loader.
Stats are: 2d6 bludgeoning and piercing damage, critical 20/x2, range increment 30', weight 3 lbs, -4 nonproficiency penalty (except for Shareev, who is proficient)

Shareev and Vulan also each have one (two for Vulan) Dude reeble, called a "Nine Meel Supmayshinkuhn" and 3 box "maykeezins" holding 20 Nine Meel bullets for direct loading into the weapons.
Stats are: 2d6 bludgeoning and piercing damage, critical 20/x3, range increment 40', weight 7 lbs, -4 nonproficiency penalty (except for Shareev, who is proficient)

Stats for Brand's "Kel Suit" are: Light Advanced Armor, AC Bonus +4, Max Dex +4, Armor Check -2, 10 lbs, DR 5/slashing, 1/2 falling damage, Nonproficiency means you take the armor check penalty on all attacks and STR and DEX-based skills. There are four more of the Kel Suits if anyone else thinks those stats are worth the penalty. (Shareev, you have a combination of feats that, in my judgement, would allow you to use this armor -- although not other advanced armors -- proficiently)

I think you may be ready to head out of town to set up your ambush, yes? If so, I'll coordinate with Shareev and the new Thanis on what sort of location they've identified for that and get you there in the next validation.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod

Return to “Perearth: Archives”