A box canyon

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev will drop his shotkuhn, pull out his feesthol and start running towards the rolling wagon.

Running for 0413 so he can try to get a shot off next round.
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

No sense stopping the attack on Dude #3...
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Oldin - Obscuring Mist spreads 20 feet from you, so you can't cast it on the wagon.

Aeless - remember that there is a 20 foot drop between your position and d8.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oh, lol, I am thinking of entangle for the long range spell! Doh! That is what I meant to prepare :-P.

Well, I guess I will pull out my crossbow and shoot at one of the dudes not in combat.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Thanis lays prone and shoots at Dude 1, injuring him badly.

Leenah cuts Dude 8 with her short sword.

Esias runs along the edge of the canyon and hits Dude 8 with an arrow.

Jiam steps up to Dude 3, missing him with both punches.

Shareev drops his shotkuhn, pulls out his feesthol and starts running towards the rolling wagon.

Brand cuts Dude 8 with his longsword.

Vulan does nothing, unfortunately.

Dude 1 shouts at Dudes 3 and 8, "Come on, let's get out of here!" He jumps up into the wagon and it begins making a growling noise.

Dude 3, in a panic, says "Wait! They've got me surrounded" He backs away from Jiam and Ruadhnait and sprays the area they're in with bullets. [Both Jiam and Ruadhnait take 5 hp damage]

The wagon carrying Dudes 5, 2, 4 and 7 begins to move, spraying mud all over the place. Seemingly unaffected by the mud [Sorry Oldin, Dude 5 made his drive skill check, I really wish he hadn't, though, would have been really funny], the wagon increases speed at an amazing rate ... by the end of the round it is 250 feet away from the mouth of the canyon!

Dude 8 once again backs away from Brand and Leenah. For the third time, Brand's shield protects him from the Dude's burst.

Aeless drops his bow, draws his greatsword, and jumps off the canyon lip. He lands gracefully, but hard [6 hp nonlethal], and runs forward.

Ruadhnait steps forward stabs Dude 3 with her spear, a forceful blow that manages to penetrate the man's suit.

Oldin fires his crossbow at one of the Dudes and misses very badly.

[Damage totals: Thanis 17, Leenah 19 (including 6 nonlethal), Esias 15, Shareev 3 nonlethal, Brand 24, Aeless 6 nonlethal, Ruadhnait 15]
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Feeling the sting of the bullets, Jiam is angered. He charges dude 3 with the intent of grappeling with him into a headlock. He will choke him to death!
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand continues to attack Dude 8. Steps to 0910* and swings his sword.

*Should have been at 1010 from last turn

He keeps his shield between him and Dude 8 (Shield Block +1 AC).

Atk: Attack with Longsword (+8*, 1d8+3)
AC: 19, +1 for D8

*includes Luck Bonus
Image R.I.P. Brand
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Galaphile wrote:*Should have been at 1010 from last turn
Yes, you're right, forgot to move you on the map.
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah continues to attack Dude 8, stepping forward to 909.

Attack (Short sword): +8 (Includes Luck bonus)
Damage (Short sword): 1d6+2
Attack (Dagger): +8 (Includes Luck bonus)
Damage (Dagger): 1d4
Last edited by Icefire on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias moves to 0415, then to 0412, and looses an arrow at Dude 1.

OOC: +9 to hit (+1 for Point Blank Range, +2 for Oldin's prayer) unless the target's in melee with an ally, then +5, doing 1d6+4+2d6 damage if it hits. AC is 17, 18 vs Dude 1 (Dodge feat).
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Move to 0408 and shoot at D1 with the Feesthol.

If D1 is down before I get a shot off, I will access damage to the wagon from the fire
Catalyst
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Catalyst »

Thanks will unload another round aimed straight for Dude 1's face.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

[ooc sorry about missing - professional life got in the way - see my post on the first campaign for details if you care to.... ] If I can make up the move, it would have been to switch khuns, and "take aim". If not....

Vulan drops his Khuns, slips his foot under the khun he left on the ground - and lifts sends it flying up into his hands - then takes a burst at the wagon - or more precisely the people on the wagon. (If there's any move action left - he moves closer to the mouth of the canyon before firing... otherwise he takes his chances from where he is...)
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless runs as fast as he could to catch up and fires a ray.

OOC: Move 30 feet towards the vehicle and shoots a Ray of Enfeeblement at d8. No save, but SR :D
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Ruadhnait continues to assail dude #3 with her spear or, if he goes down first, moves to dude #1.
John Grigsby
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Thanis shoots Dude 1 in the shoulder, but he's not dead yet.

Leenah cuts Dude 8 a vicious blow with her short sword and then finishes him off with her dagger [holy crap, criticals with both weapons!]

Esias runs around the edge of the canyon, then into the center. His arrow misses Dude 1.

Jiam steps up to Dude 3 and grabs hold of him!

Shareev jumps up on the wagon and barely wounds Dude 1 with his feesthool.

[Brand, your target's gone, you can take an extra action next round]

Vulan, having switched kuhns last round, moves closer to the wagon, then sprays the area around it with bullets. Unfortunately, his aim is bad and he catches only the front of the wagon [But fortunately, the random direction of the miss did not catch Shareev. Vulan, smart fellow that he is, now realizes that his kuhn does not have enough ammunition to do another burst.]

Dude 1 shouts at Shareev, "Get off of here, you fleshy-headed Mauthand!" Shareev barely manages to avoid the burst from the Dude's kuhn. The wagon begins to move, turning in a tight circle and attempting to slam into Esias! Esias manages to dodge much of the collision, taking only a mere bump on his hip. Shareev and Dude 1 seem more injured, as they both slam into the wagon's seats. [2 hp to Esias and 5 hp to Shareev]

Dude 3 struggles to escape from Jiam's grasp, but can't get free. [wow, he sucks at grappling]

Aeless comes up and release a ray of black energy at Dude 1. The ray hits the man and his shoulders visibly sag.

Although Jiam has Dude 3 well wrapped up, Ruadhnait can't quite hit him with her spear.

Oldin looks on with pleasure at the turning tide of the battle.

[Damage totals: Thanis 17, Leenah 19 (including 6 nonlethal), Esias 17, Shareev 8 (including 3 nonlethal), Brand 24, Aeless 6 nonlethal, Ruadhnait 15]
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

Vulan - smart fellow that he is - reloads both khuns this round, taking a seat between the two khuns to do so.
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand moves to 0614, and attacks Dude 1. (If I have enough action from last round, attack him twice).

He keeps his shield between him and Dude 1 (Shield Block +1 AC).

Atk: Attack with Longsword (+8*, 1d8+3)
AC: 19, +1 for D1

*includes Luck Bonus
Image R.I.P. Brand
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah moves to 0612, hops onto the wagon and attempts to hit Dude 1.

Attack (Short sword): +8 (Includes Luck bonus)
Damage (Short sword): 1d6+2
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Seeing that the cluster-fight centering around Dude 1 makes archery untenable, Esias will draw his short sword and "Give 'im the Ginsu!"

OOC: +10 to hit (+3 base +2 Str +1 for MW blade +2 for Oldin's spell +2 for the flank with Brand), damage if he hits is 1d6+2, crit 19-20/x2, AC is 16 (17 vs Dude 1 using Dodge)
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

"I.... WILL... CRUSH... YOOOUUUU!!!"

Jiam makes an atempt to minimize Dude 3's struggles by using one of his grappling hands to reach around and squeeze his testicles as tight as he can and render him helpless. :twisted:
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
Catalyst
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Catalyst »

Thanis fires off another shot at Dude 1, hoping this one will drop him.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin double moves to 0206.

whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Observing Jiam's fighting strategy, Ruadhnait is suddenly glad that she is female. She continues to assist the monk, timing her attacks such that there is no chance of inflicting injury on her companion.
John Grigsby
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

beltzclan wrote:Jiam makes an atempt to minimize Dude 3's struggles by using one of his grappling hands to reach around and squeeze his testicles as tight as he can and render him helpless. :twisted:
And must every male character who sees this maneuver make a Will save vs DC 30 or cringe in sympathetic discomfort for a round? :shock:
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless moves closer(0712) to the vehicle, and says "He shouldn't struggle much."
Last edited by valinor on Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev is assured that the oncoming companions will make short work of his riding companion.

Instead of joining them, he will assess the damage to the wagon and look for any haymauneeheethayr's or tracking devices.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Brand moves forward and slashes at Dude 1, missing.

Thanis' next shot misses.

Leenah moves up, hops onto the wagon and attempts to hit Dude 1. He ducks and she misses.

Esias drops his bow, draws his short sword, and attempts to give Dude 1 "the ginsu." He also misses.

Jiam fights dirty and, although Dude 3's funny suit swells up to protect the family jewels, the man screams in pain.

Shareev examines the wagon. Although it is a little burnt and has a few bullet holes, it appears to be in good working order. Shareev sees no haymauneeheethayrs, but immediately spots a device similar to the one Sam removed and gave to Shareev back in town: another tracking device.

Brand strikes again, but misses again.

Vulan reloads one gun, then tries to do the same with the other. Unfortunately, he does something wrong with the second, jamming the bullet clip in the wrong way. Now it seems stuck …

The wagon increases its speed, and, as it does so, swings wildly from side to side, slamming into both Esias and Brand. Esias manages to dodge the worst of the collision again [2 hp]. Brand is not so agile, but his kel suit puffs up to absorb the blow [no damage]. Leenah, Shareev, and the driver are also jostled by the collisions. [7 hp each]

The wagon tears off in the direction it's facing, but, thanks to the wild swinging motions it's been making, it sideswipes a tree and spins! It's still moving, and appears in danger of colliding with the tree again head on! The collision with the tree further damages Leenah, Shareev, and the driver, as tree branches swat them as the wagon goes by [6 more hp, for a total of 13]. Leenah is knocked unconscious!

Dude 3 shouts, "Wait, you coward! Come back!" He then grunts, seeing the wagon crash into the tree and spin. He struggles to escape from Jiam's grasp. Jiam's grip remains firm.

Aeless moves forward and says something … but no one can hear it [I probably shouldn't have let you cast that ray of enfeeblement last round, because you were in the zone of silence, but I'm too lazy to go back and correct it.]

Ruadhnait stabs Dude 3 with her spear, but it doesn't seem to penetrate the man's suit.

Oldin moves along the edge of the canyon.

[Sorry, I think all the misses this round were my dice making up for all the criticals in the last few]

[Damage totals: Thanis 17, Leenah 32 (including 6 nonlethal), Esias 19, Shareev 21 (including 3 nonlethal), Brand 24, Aeless 6 nonlethal, Ruadhnait 15]
Last edited by patransom on Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Back when we first arrived in the Brave New World, I said that Oldin removed his breastplate. His move is back up to 30, and his AC is 9. (With his new studies, he doesn't want armor getting in the way, anyway).

See the bottom of this post: http://theonlysheet.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5389#15389

Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah collapses unconscious on the wagon.

Return to “Perearth: Archives”