A box canyon

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

shai-hulud wrote:Back when we first arrived in the Brave New World, I said that Oldin removed his breastplate. His move is back up to 30, and his AC is 9. (With his new studies, he doesn't want armor getting in the way, anyway).

See the bottom of this post: http://theonlysheet.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5389#15389
Ah, forgot that! I'll update the above.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Seeing that D1 is still driving (and running into things like trees), Shareev will try to disable the wagon, using either the feesthol, if he thinks that would be quicker, or just pulling on any open wires. (or, if possible, he will just grab the shifter and throw it in park)
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias charges after the lumbering vehicle to 0015 and tries another jab at Dude 1 with his short sword.

OOC: +8 to hit (+3 base +2 Str +1 for MW blade +2 for Oldin's spell), damage if he hits is 1d6+2+2d6 (skirmishing), crit 19-20/x2, AC is 17 (18 vs Dude 1 using Dodge) (skirmishing)

And I was assuming Esias was holding onto his bow with his left hand (since he doesn't have a shield) and using his sword with his right. It's my understanding that an archer holds the bow proper with his "off" hand, and draws the arrow and string with his "proper" hand, so no shifting is necessary, and it's a smallbow, not a longbow. 8)
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

CGM3 wrote:And I was assuming Esias was holding onto his bow with his left hand (since he doesn't have a shield) and using his sword with his right. It's my understanding that an archer holds the bow proper with his "off" hand, and draws the arrow and string with his "proper" hand, so no shifting is necessary, and it's a smallbow, not a longbow. 8)
My bad. Of course that would work.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin delays until the top of the round.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam just dishes out more of the same.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

Vulan drops the jammed khun and heads down and across the canyon at a dead run.

Heading towards the crashed car and the rest of them.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless runs forth and jumps (0215) at the vehicle announces to the driver (d1), "STOP THIS WAGON AND I'LL SPARE MISERABLE LIFE OR I'LL END AND STOP THIS WAGON ANYWAY!!!"

OOC: Aeless for intimidation factor uses his Large Greatsword

Skill: Bluff +5; Intimidate +7

Oh: Pat, thanks for the slide.. :D
Last edited by valinor on Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Ready Action:
Brand will wait and see if Dude 1 moves close enough and attempt to Bull Rush him out of the wagon. If Dude 1 moves but not close enough Brand will move to the tree, at 0214 after Dude 1's turn.
Image R.I.P. Brand
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Ruadhnait switches tactics, seeing that her spear doesn't seem to be effective. Instead, she times her attacks so as to better assist Jiam. Her intent is not to cause harm, so much as to distract and harass the foe (aid another action).
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Thanis does nothing.

[Taking the liberty of acting for Leenah because I made an error: she's not unconscious, she's staggered because the damage that puts her below 0 is the 6 nonlethal she took at the start] Although bruised and dazed, Leenah takes a swing at the driver with her short sword, cutting him severely.

Esias runs around the front of the wagon and attempts to stab the driver, but misses.

Jiam squeezes again and his prisoner cries out in pain, in spite of the fact that his suit is doing its best to protect him.

Shareev does his best to stop the wagon, blasting what looks to him like an important component of the controls with his feesthool. Shareev is quite confident that he's taken away the driver's ability to control the wagon. [successful knowledge - pre-war check followed by a successful disable device check]

Brand waits for his opportunity.

Vulan jumps quite agily off the edge of the canyon and runs toward the vehicle and his friends. [you've got 4 squares of movement left from this round, so if you don't like where I put you, feel free to choose a different location]

Dude 1 yells, "Blast it!" as the disabled wagon smashes solidly into the tree and comes to a complete stop. [6 hp to Leenah, Shareev, and Dude 1. This puts Leenah at -11, but 6 of that is nonlethal, so I'm going to say she's not dead, just knocked out.]

Brand moves up to the front of the now stopped wagon.

Dude 3 continues to struggle to escape from Jiam. He can't get loose.

Aeless runs up and jumps on the front of the battered wagon, shouting "STOP THIS WAGON AND I'LL SPARE YOUR MISERABLE LIFE OR I'LL END IT AND STOP THIS WAGON ANYWAY!!!" The driver throws his hands in the air and says, "Stop! Please don't hurt me!" [A very successful intimidate check, coupled with the fact that he's badly wounded and his vehicle is disabled]

Ruadhnait uses her spear to harass Dude 3. [Successful aid another, Jiam gets +2 on his next grapple check]

Oldin looks like he's about ready to do something … [Delaying]

[Damage totals: Thanis 17, Leenah 38 (including 6 nonlethal), Esias 19, Shareev 21 (including 3 nonlethal), Brand 24, Aeless 6 nonlethal, Ruadhnait 15]
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam goes for the coup de grace'. While still hanging on to Dude 3's testicals with his right hand, he also reaches and grabs with the left as well and physically lifts him off the ground clutching the man's crotch. Then screaming a battle cry, slams him down on the ground and onto his back, though never letting go of his grip. He then plants a boot in the mans throat, and pulls his waist off the ground with both hands, by using the man's member as a handle.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

beltzclan wrote:Jiam goes for the coup de grace'. While still hanging on to Dude 3's testicals with his right hand, he also reaches and grabs with the left as well and physically lifts him off the ground clutching the man's crotch. Then screaming a battle cry, slams him down on the ground and onto his back, though never letting go of his grip. He then plants a boot in the mans throat, and pulls his waist off the ground with both hands, by using the man's member as a handle.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Wow you are viscious. Remind me to never get in a tangle with you

With the device stopped and effectively disabled and Dude 1 subdued by the rest, Shareev will jump to the back of the wagon, pulls a cannister from his pack to use on Leenah.

OOC: Don't have my sheet avilable, but plan on using a healing spray.
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

Vulan moves to 0316 across from D1 and puts the khun up at point blank range... if dude 1 tries anything other than a surrender - he blasts a burst right through him.

"You have one chance to live - give up now... and the rest of you, stay out of the line of fire... "
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

As Leenah is down, Oldin will move next to her, completely ignoring Dude 1.

Catalyst
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Catalyst »

Thanis takes up his rifle and makes his way over to the immobilized vechile at a quick pace. (double moves till he get there)
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

(OOC: Thanks for giving her the move.)

After successfully striking the driver the crash sends Leenah collapsing unconscious and badly injured.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

If Jiam's maneuver is successful, Ruadhnait will take the opportunity to bring her spear hard down into the man's chest. If not, she will continue to aid another.
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias will remain where he is, his sword ready to use if Dude 1 decides to get frisky.

OOC: It would seem that Jiam has... issues. :oops:
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand sheaths his sword, and draws his Revolver, pointing it at Dude 1.
Image R.I.P. Brand
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Everyone here, ok?" asks the half-elf.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Oldin moves toward Leenah, reaching her side.

Thanis, holding his reeble, heads toward the immobilized wagon.

Leenah lies unconscious and bleeding on the wagon. [1 hp of bleeding]

Esias keeps his sword ready to use if Dude 1 decides to get frisky.

Jiam, with a bit of a struggle [barely beat the Dude's grapple check], does something extremely unpleasant to his captive, slamming him to the ground and pinning him.

Shareev jumps to the back of the wagon and pulls an odd-looking cannister from his pack.

Vulan climbs up on the wagon across from D1 and puts the khun up at point blank range... "You have one chance to live - give up now... and the rest of you, stay out of the line of fire... "

Dude 1 kneels holding his hands up in the air.

Brand sheaths his sword, and draws his Revolver, pointing it at Dude 1.

Dude 3 struggles and manages to break Jiam's pin, but he's still locked in a grapple with the monk.

"Everyone here, ok?" asks Aeless.

Seeing that the man is no longer pinned, Ruadhnait continues to use her spear to harass Dude 3. [Another successful aid another, Jiam gets +2 on his next grapple check]

[Oldin's got a full action left this round]
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

As Oldin arrives, he beseeches, "Seker, may your light bind these wounds!" Leenah's wounds burst into the flames of a Cure Serious Wounds spell.

Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

"Is this all of them old man? Or are there more to remove? Oh, and this one is my prisoner, he's not to be killed unless he tries to kill someone or escape - and certainly not while his back is turned drinking. That is unless you want to have me do the same to you." With this Vulan kicks the man's khun out of the way, and motions for him to get off the wagon.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

"These men are a threat to Amon. I have vowed my life in his defense. I will do anything to see to his safety, including killing an unarmed man. If you desire this man as your prisoner, he is your responsibility."

Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

Vulan nods. "A responsibility I'll take seriously. None will hurt the kid while I'm about." The Vulan turns to Dude 1. "What's your name, Dude. And while you're telling me - if you have any weapons, magic, or talk to others at a distance stuff - toss it aside - if I catch you with it later it won't go well for you. As of right now - I'm the only thing between you and death. Run from me -- they'll kill you, show anything but gratitude to me, I'll kill you. Got it? Cause if you don't we'll kill you."
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

"Vulan, if he talks, he's as good as dead anyway. A handful got away, which means he does not need to communicate with them to let them know we are here.

I may be able to fix the damage I did here, but we should not stay in this canyon long. Not to mention that they will not fall for the same ruse again.

We should be moving along."

Shareev watches as Oldin's fire seems to heal Leenah's wounds, astounded at how it works.

"I suppose I won't need this healing spray. You need to tell me sometime how you create that fire and how exactly fire can heal."
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand goes back and picks up the shotgun, he disarmed from one of the Dudes.
Image R.I.P. Brand
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

"We don't need a ruse to kill these guys - don't know why you all go to the trouble. If he doesn't talk, he's dead now, if he does talk, he might be dead, he might not, but first they'll have to survive us, then they'll have to figure out he talked, then they'll have to get past me - to my line of thinking, he'll be better off if he cooperates, if not, I might as well leave him to Oldin's dagger."
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless opens his waterskin and swigs some water, "Anyone else want some?" offering first to Leenah and then the rest.

Return to “Perearth: Archives”