A box canyon

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless aims at their foe on the vehicle (d3) and fires 2 relentless shots at him with his bow.

OOC: Am hoping its painful to the guy, since I am unidentified as of yet.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[Everyone posted, so I'm doing the validation early, since I'll be out of town tomorrow. The next validation will be late Tuesday]

Thanis' shot pegs Dude 6, who cries out silently and looks around startled.

Leenah drops her shortbow and jumps down to the canyon floor while drawing her sword. [Drop bow because slinging it would be a second move action] She lands hard, but on her feet [6 hp nonlethal damage], and slashes Dude 2 across the chest, cutting right through his Kel Suit and making him bleed a little.

Esias runs along the edge of the canyon and hits Dude 6 with an arrow. Dude 6 is now even more startled.

Jiam picks up one of the flasks of oil he had previously prepared, lights it, and throws it at the wagon. He hits his target and the oil ignites, lighting the wagon on fire and splashing Dudes 1 and 3. [Lighting and throwing two flasks is too many actions. The second flask, wick prepared, is still waiting on the ground at your feet]

Shareev jumps down into the canyon, but doesn't land successfully [3 hp nonlethal]. He spends the rest of his round getting to his feet.

Brand smiles as the Dudes surround him, he drops his Javelin, draws his Longsword and charges Dude 7. Dude 7, however, ducks his swing.

Vulan drops his first kuhn (apparently not quite understanding that they hold more than one shot at a time :)), picks up the second and fires at Dude 2. Once again, he misses.

Dude 1 stands up and begins frantically trying to put out the fire on the wagon with his bare hands. He successfully extinguishes the flames, but burns his hands in the process.

Dude 2 steps back from Leenah and fires at her. She is hit with multiple bullets. [13 hp]

Dude 3 shouts at the others in the canyon, apparently unaware that they can't hear him, "You idiots, get out of there, it's a trap!" He fires his weapon at Jiam, who ducks behind the tree to avoid being hit. [Mage armor + cover + bad roll = miss]

Dude 4 fires his weapon at Esias. Esias is hit with multiple shots! [15 hp]

Dude 5 pulls out his weapon and then his wagon begins moving, rolling through the canyon and reaching a point right next to Shareev. The vehicle is bearing down on Leenah.

Dude 6 also fires at Esias, but misses him.

Dude 7 takes a step back from Brand and fires silently at him. Brand's Kel Suit absorbs some of the damage of the several bullets that hit him [13 hp]

Dude 8 loops around to run up next to Dude 7. He gapes a bit and says something silently as he sees what's going on on the opposite side of the canyon, but he turns back and fires at Brand anyway. Brand is hit several times again [11 hp]

Aeless shoots two arrows across the canyon at Dude 3, hitting him once with a glancing shot that appears to bounce completely off the man's suit.

[Ruadhnait, since your target drove off before you got to go, you can take your action at the beginning of next round, either attacking the other wagoneers or chasing after D5, up to you]

Oldin moves out into plain view, not attempting to hide, holding out his hands, then opens his book and recites. [2 luck bonus to all attack rolls and saves for allies, -2 luck penalty to all attack rolls and saves for all enemies, affects everyone including Ruadhnait, unless she decides to stay where she is]

[Damage taken total: Leenah 19 (includes 6 nonlethal), Esias 15, Shareev 3 nonlethal, Brand 24]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand takes a 5 foot step to 1240.

As he moves he keeps his shield between him and Dude 8 (Shield Block +1 AC).

Brand swings his sword at Dude 7's gun.

Atk: Disarm Attempt with Longsword (+8*)
AC: 19, +1 for D8

Dude 7 Opposing Roll: -6 (-4 Non Melee Weapon, -2 Luck Penalty)

*includes Luck Bonus
Last edited by Galaphile on Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image R.I.P. Brand
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah draws her dagger as she moves through 1806 and 1807 to 1708.
Attacks with her short sword.

Attack: +10 (Includes luck bonus)
Damage: 1d6+2
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev climbs up on the wagon and shoots at D5.
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam launches his last flask at the wagon and charges. A little more heat for effect, and then it's all buisiness.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
Catalyst
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Catalyst »

Thanis unloads another round aimed at the forehead of the now-confused Dude Number 6.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

If Oldin does not draw fire this round, he reaches down and picks up a rock. He lobs it at the head of one of the dudes not in melee combat who is attacking Brand, hoping to get him to turn around and focus his attention (and fire) on him, instead). Once again, if he gets below 10 hp, he will drop to the ground and play dead.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

OOC: Ow! :o

Esias moves to 1915 and the dubious cover/concealment the tree can offer, letting fly with another arrow at Dude 6. :x

OOC: +9 to hit (should still be within 30 feet so Point Blank Shot applies, plus Oldin's spell gives +2), damage is still 1d6+4+2d6 (crit 20/x3, optimist that I am), AC is still 17, 18 for Dude 6 (using Dodge).
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Breaking cover, the barbarian woman leaps from the tree and hits the ground in a dead run, charging dude #3 (and ending her move at 0208). She attacks with her spear.

Yeah, I know what they say about running with a sharp object, but desperate times...)
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

whtknt wrote:Yeah, I know what they say about running with a sharp object, but desperate times...)
Actually, I believe my mother always specifically mentioned scissors when she admonished me about that. I don't recall her ever saying anything about spears -- a definite oversight on her part! :P
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

Vulan aims and takes another shot with the second khun - trieing to get the damn thing to shoot straight already! And more careful than ever to make sure it doesn't move - even with the kickback.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless repeats his failed attempt and fires his bow again.

OOC: Large Composite Bow +7/+7 Dmg: 2d6+2 (Sneak Attack if possible)
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[From last round] Ruadhnait leaps nimbly from the tree and charges the leader, but fails to hit him.

Thanis hits Dude 6 again, who this time turns to spot his assailant and points at Thanis, shouting silently.

Leenah draws her dagger as she moves out of the way of the onrushing vehicle and attacks Dude 2. She hits him as he turns to face her.

Esias sprints for the cover of the scraggly tree as he lets fly an arrow at Dude 6. The man's funny suit is the only thing that saves him from being pierced through and through.

Jiam throws another flask of oil at the wagon. The flasks flies wobbly, but still manages to land where Jiam aimed and ignites a fire on the wagon, also splashing Dudes 1 and 3.

Shareev blasts Dude 5 with his shotkuhn as he leaps aboard the moving wagon, but fails to hit the driver. [Remember that you have one shot remaining in the shotkuhn. Also note that all 2-handed firearms have a -4 against adjacent targets. I didn't give that to you this time, since I assumed you shot before leaping aboard, but it could matter if you are staying on the wagon]

Brand steps forward and uses his sword to knock Dude 7's kuhn from his hands! Dude 7 looks very upset about this.

Vulan takes another shot at Dude 2 and misses again.

Dude 1 looks at the fire and shouts "Not again! Abandon ship, boss!" as he leaps from the wagon, reading his weapon and firing at Ruadhnait. All of his bullets miss her.

Dude 2 waits for the wagon to come close to him …

Dude 3 jumps off his wagon and, rather than shooting at anyone, grabs his wrist and begins shouting, "Ambush at our last coordinates! Can't keep the men under orders! Jif on fire! Attempting withdrawal!"

Dude 4 shoots at Esias again, this time missing him, thanks to the cover from the tree.

Dude 5 drops his weapon and attempts to punch Shareev in the face, but somehow fails to hit Shareev's giant jaw. The wagon continues moving past Dude 2, who jumps aboard and shoots his weapon awkwardly at Shareev.All of his bullets pass harmlessly by as the wagon makes a circle around the end of the canyon, actually coming to a stop in front of Dudes 4 and 6. Leenah slashes at Dude 2 as the wagon goes by her, but misses.

Dude 6 shoots angrily at Thanis. Thanis is hit by multiple bullets [17 hp damage]. Then startled to see the wagon stopping in front of him, Dude 6 runs around the back end and jumps on.

Dude 7, still startled from the loss of his weapon, starts looking around. Then he runs toward the mouth of the canyon [withdraw, no AoO, sorry Brand] leaving his kuhn on the ground.

Dude 8, seeing his friend run off, steps back and fires at Brand. All of his bullets bounce harmlessly off Brand's shield.

Aeless continues firing arrows at Dude 3 [no sneak attack this time, but you should have gotten it last time, so I've applied extra damage from that shot now]. One of Aeless' arrows hits Dude 3, this time penetrating his suit.

Ruadhnait steps forward and stabs at Dude 3 again with her spear. This time she gets him good! [critical]

Oldin reaches down, picks up a rock, and lobs it at Dude 8. Oldin hits, but the rock bounces harmlessly off the man's suit. The man, startled, turns to look at Oldin.

[total damage so far: Thanis 17, Leenah 19 (including 6 nonlethal), Shareev 3 nonlethal, Brand 24]
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah moves to 1509 and attacks dude 4 with her short sword.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin, confused about how these wagons move, knows that water can cause most wagons trouble, especially if they create enough mud. It is worth a shot. Oldin gets right to the edge, trying not to fall into the canyon, and casts Create Water aimed at the wagon's wheels. Hopefully it will create enough mud to stop the wagon. (Effect is 10 gallons of water appears right at the undercarriage of the wagon, hopefully making the ground muddy or causing the "wagon" to slip or something.)

Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand Steps to 1110 and swings his sword at Dude 8.

He keeps his shield between him and Dude 8 (Shield Block +1 AC).

Atk: Attack with Longsword (+8*, 1d8+3)

*includes Luck Bonus

OOC:
Just have to say woohoo it worked. :) Damn, nasty guns.
Image R.I.P. Brand
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias mutters a quick prayer to the Wanderer and moves to 1514, taking another shot at Dude 6.

OOC: +5 to hit (+1 for Point Blank Shot, +2 for Oldin's prayer, -4 to keep from perforating Shareev), doing 1d6+4+2d6 damage if I hit. AC is 17, 18 against Dude 6 (Dodge feat).
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Dependent on which wagon Oldin is targeting

If wagon that Shareev is on:

Shareev will hop off wagon and take another shot at the driver.

If wagon that is on fire:

Shareev will target the controls of the wagon and fire
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

"Enough already!"

Vulan unleashes a burst shot at D2 holding the trigger and dragging the khun until he actually hits his target!
Catalyst
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Catalyst »

"Ah, hell," Thanis curses to himself as he sees he's been spotted.
The Silence should keep his friends from noticing another moment, I hope.

He fires one more shot at Dude 6 and drops low to the ground, retreating to the south a bit.
Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Going after the wagon Shareev is on.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Thanis shoots Dude 6 in the head, and he falls off the wagon, quite dead. Thanis then moves south to the cover of another tree.

Leenah misses Dude 4.

Esias mutters a quick prayer to the Wanderer and moves while taking a shot at Dude 2. Esias' arrow misses. [Chose the nearest Dude for you, since Dude 6 is already dead, thanks to Thanis]

Jiam runs out from behind the tree and attacks Dude 3, but misses him [You have one round of drunkness left, also you didn't say whether you were applying the bonus to STR or CON, so I assumed STR]

Shareev hops off the wagon and empties his shotkuhn at Dude 5. The blast misses.

Brand steps forward and swings his sword at Dude 8. Dude 8 ducks out of the way.

"Enough already!" Vulan unleashes a burst shot in the direction of Dude 2. This is highly effective, perhaps moreso than Vulan expected, as bullets spray a large area. Dudes 4, 5, and 2 are all hit! [Note that you do not have the feat that allows the Dudes to fire a concentrated burst at a single target, but this type of autofire is more effective in this situation anyway. For the record, now that you've tried it, autofire targets a 10x10 area and fires 10 bullets. Also, I made an INT check for Vulan: he realizes that he does not have enough ammunition left in this kuhn to do another burst, but the other one ...]

The wagon at the mouth of the canyon burns a little more, then the fire goes out.

Dude 1 fires another burst at Ruadhnait. She barely escapes injury.

Dude 2 shoots a burst again at Shareev, but misses.

Dude 3 now steps away from Jiam and Ruadhnait and fires a burst at Ruadhnait. This time she is hit multiple times [15 hp]

Dude 4 withdraws from the fight with Leenah and climbs aboard the wagon.

Dude 5 picks up the kuhn he dropped last round and then the wagon begins to move again … Brand takes a swing at it as it goes by, hitting Dude 5 … The wagon reaches the mouth of the canyon, then stops. You hear Dude 5 shout, "Room for one more, then we're outta here, boss ..."

Although Dude 7 couldn't possibly have heard that, he still runs to the wagon and climbs aboard.

Dude 8 continues backing away from Brand, firing a burst. Once again, Brand's shield protects him.

Aeless continues firing arrows at Dude 3, missing twice.

Ruadhnait steps forward to attack Dude 3 again, but misses.

Oldin casts a spell and a puddle of mud appears underneath the front wheels of the wagon … [The wagon's now technically out of range of your spell, but this is such a fun idea that I'm allowing it]

[Damage totals: Thanis 17, Leenah 19 (including 6 nonlethal), Esias 15, Shareev 3 nonlethal, Brand 24, Ruadhnait 15]
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin weighs the situation. If the wagon escapes, they will return with more force. If they can be killed before they escape, the enemy will not know what to expect. It is worth a shot. Oldin casts Obscuring Mist so that the wagon cannot see where it is going. Hopefully it will be unable to continue while not disabling the party's ability to hunt them down.

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias moves to 0915 and lets fly an arrow at Dude 8.

OOC: +9 to hit (+1 for Point Blank Range, +2 for Oldin's prayer), doing 1d6+4+2d6 damage if it hits. Again, AC is 17, 18 vs Dude 8 (Dodge feat).

Edit: if Leenah or Brand gets into melee with Dude 8 before Esias gets off his shot, he will take the -4 penalty to avoid hitting an ally, making his "to hit" bonus +5.
Last edited by CGM3 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand continues to attack Dude 8. Steps to 1010 and swings his sword.

He keeps his shield between him and Dude 8 (Shield Block +1 AC).

Atk: Attack with Longsword (+8*, 1d8+3)

*includes Luck Bonus
Image R.I.P. Brand
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah moves to 1009 and attacks Dude 8.

AC: 20
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam moves in on Dude 3 and unleashes a flurry of blows. Last round of drunkeness, and yes he wants the modifiers to strength.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
Catalyst
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Catalyst »

Thanis lays prone, rifle butted against his shoulder. He's got Dude 1's face in his crosshair, and he squeezes the trigger.
Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless seems frustrated that he places his bow and grabs his blade and starts running towards the mudded vehicle.

OOC: Running towards the vehicles direction and stopping at d8 to assist Leenah.

Return to “Perearth: Archives”