Ambush completed

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah sighs shaking her head. She steps away from the door when Oldin begins answering it. Looking at Vulan she smiles, "What's done is done and can not be changed." Shrugging lightly she moves back towards the door looking at it to try to determine where the voice comes from and how it opens.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

The woman's voice responds to Oldin, "Food, council, and a place to rest are things I am to provide. However, your group is large and armed and I worry for the safety of my children. It also seems you have run afoul of those who call themselves 'Dudes.' I do not wish to attract their attention."

The door remains shut and, in spite of Leenah's best efforts to spot its source, there's no indication of where the voice is coming from.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Sunbolt wrote:Vulan looks at Ruadhnait - "good shot. Now we don't get any information, unless you can speak to a sleeping man. Am I the only one here who doesn't beat up defenseless people?"
Ruadhnait smiles politely and sheaths her sword. If the comment has any meaning at all to her, she makes no indication of it.
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"We apologize for our weaponry, it is more to protect us and our charges from the Dudes, we mean no harm." states Aeless, "As for your children, we'll find another way to shelter ourselves if looking for a roof on our heads would mean endangering yourselves." as he looks at the rest of his companions.

"If it is all possible, we would like to have a roof to stave the heat of the sun and not be seen by the Dudes till we're recuperated." as he pauses for any answers from the group or the disembodied voice.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

The voice responds to Aeless, "You are quite polite, compared to the other Mauthands I've met. Some of my children are frightened of Mauthands, with good reason, but your appearance does not seem threatening. I'm sure Dr. Zeus would like to meet you. What is your name, Mauthand?"

After a moment the voice continues, "Maybe I could allow some of you to rest inside. You would have to leave your weapons in the vestibule, of course. This Mauthand and Vulan seem trustworthy. I remain unsure about the rest of you. I would at least know each of your names and your purpose in coming here before deciding."
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Tipping her head Leenah responds softly to the voice, "My name is Leenah, and as my companions have stated we come seeking shelter."
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev, looking as if he is not surprised by this, responds,"Shareev of Nauthan. If your children or you are uncomfortable with us Mauthands, I will gladly wait in your vestibule as to not disturb you. We only seek shelter for a small period of time and then I believe we shall be on our way."

Shareev looks back to Aeless, as if just now realizing that he is a Mauthand.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin nods, "I am certain that my travel companions would be glad to place their weapons in this vestibule. Where is it?

"Additionally, I was told that you are quite devout. Would you have someone I could speak to about matters of a spiritual nature? I believe I am in need of some counsel."

Edit:

Oldin ponders in deep reflection for a moment, then adds, "And one more thing... Would you have any geneological charts from... what was it called... Virithiayn? I believe my lineage dates back to that kingdom, and if you have any books on the subject, I would like to pay someone to research this for me, should you find anything I own to be of value."
Last edited by shai-hulud on Tue May 08, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias addresses the door: "I be Esias Lightfoot, out o' Valder's Thorpe in th' Smoke Mountains, scout and pathfinder. If needful, I can make camp outside."
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

"And I along with him," says Jiam after after Alias.

"Alias, it might be best if a couple of us remained outside anyway as a lookout. I am uninjured and only require food and some rest. I volunteer to do this with you if you also think this is wise."
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"I'm Aeless, ranger of the Silver Glade of Elsenwood." as the half elf replies.

Aeless suggests in general, "I would suggest to not be in the open or outside from this humble abode, for if they see one of us they would presume all of us are around. Stand guard from inside the doors and window; not out here, Jiam."
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

(OOC) Sorry, I meant Esias.(/OOC)
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Assuming someone translates for her (no fishy!), Ruadhnait responds to the door (feeling terribly silly), "Ruadhnait of Kelt. I go where I wish, and let no one tell me otherwise."

Turning back to her companions, she says flatly, "I will not give up my weapons! I would sooner stay out here! All I need is something to eat."
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

beltzclan wrote:(OOC) Sorry, I meant Esias.(/OOC)
OOC: what a relief, I thought for a minute there that Jennifer Garner had joined the group!

Esias translates Ruadhnait's words.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand nods to the door, "I am Brand, I will leave my weapons behind, if you can assure they will be safe there. Your children have nothing to fear from me."
Image R.I.P. Brand
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

Vulan nods. "I'll leave my weapons, as well, with your word they will be untouched and returned upon need or my departure."
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam will take any food that is offered but will choose to rest outside to keep watch. Suggest if others do the same as I, we split up to watch different sides.

Return to “Perearth: Archives”