Ambush completed

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Ruadhnait stretches and vigorously rubs a bruise on her shoulder, wincing slightly. At Oldin's query, she hefts her spear and assumes a ready position. "Let them come," she growls.
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

"I'm all in for a good fight, same as the next warrior, but are we really in a condition to take on twice as many so soon after the last battle?

I propose now that we a have a way to track them, and know where their base is as soon as our good team member spends a few more minutes with that disc, we withdraw to observe and plan for a new attack directly at that base.

I think this would be best, but I am only one voice in many. Should you choose to attempt another ambush, I will fight. And in this case, I suggest an altered strategy to the one we just used.

We could use the canyon as before, but have one of us looking like a wounded comrade in the wreckage from the skirmish. Scatter the bodies around as well. Maybe set one of those wagons on fire. Then have a couple of us switch out clothing with those of the dead. pretend to be dead. When they close in, attack from the sides. Once distracted, have those of us playing dead arise within their midst and suprise them."
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

"It seems foolish to try another ambush at the same location. The last one didn't go all that well. I fear some of you will not survive a second attack. I suggest we leave this place, and regroup."
Image R.I.P. Brand
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin nods to Brand, "Brand, you have a great deal of knowledge of these things. If you feel it is too dangerous, then what do you propose as an alternative? What do you mean by regroup? Shall we split off into smaller groups? Or do you simply mean that we should rest and prepare ourselves. I was uninjured in this past fight, so perhaps I am alone in this, but even with my depleted power, I am prepared for another go at attacking these Dudes right now. If our last ambush was not successful, perhaps we simply need a different tactic against them. But, if you feel it is truly too dangerous, I do not want to foolishly throw away our lives."
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Well, assuming that the four that got away, bring eight more, as it would seem to indicate, and they are intent on fighting. They will outnumber us and their weapons and armor are superior to ours.

However, if we can lure them all into the canyon, we may have a chance. We don't want to be fighting them out in the open. This canyon is too big, they can drive those wagons in and turn around and drive out again, just like they did.

In combat, we need to immobilize those wagons and keep them in tight quarters, so they don't have room to fire their weapons. They are more proficient with those weapons than we are, so I don't like our chances in a straight up fire fight.

Now, that we have some experience fighting them, we should look for more advantageous locations to take them on. If we study them long enough, we can learn their patrol routes, and pick our spots. Or find a suitable location to lure them into attacking us.
Image R.I.P. Brand
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

"I like that idea." says Jiam. "Observe their patrol route. Then pick a better spot. Someplace the pathway narrows that would allow us to block it off with an avalanche or a fallen tree. Or may distract them away from their base with some event. Leaving their base not as well defended."

Jiam flexes his muscles in his new suit, checking the mobilty. "I think I like these things. Although I am not sure how manueverable I will be... YOU! PRISONER! STAND UP NOW!"

(OOC)Presuming he complies with my command, Jiam will then unleash a flurry of blows for subdual damage only, just to check out the flexability of his new armor. (OOC)

(OOC) Hey DM? What kinda of negatives does a Monk get for wearing this stuff? I have no access to books where I am. (/OOC)
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

beltzclan wrote:(OOC)Presuming he complies with my command, Jiam will then unleash a flurry of blows for subdual damage only, just to check out the flexability of his new armor. (OOC)

(OOC) Hey DM? What kinda of negatives does a Monk get for wearing this stuff? I have no access to books where I am. (/OOC)
The prisoner is tied up and can't obey your command.

I sent you a pm with the details on wearing the armor. Let me know if you need to see it again.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

(/ooc) Got it. Thanks. He'll keep it on at your suggestion. As soon as he can take a feat, it would really pay off. (/ooc)
Catalyst
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Catalyst »

"Whatever the best course of action, I'll stand ready. If we plan on leaving, we should leave now."

Thanis continues to scan the horizon through the scope of his reeble.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

"One more question. What do we do with these guys?" Asks Jiam, pointing to the prisoners. "We certainly can't leave them here."
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"At this point?" as the half elf pauses, "I say kill them both, unless they tell us all we need to know then maybe we can decide their fates." as Aeless turns to his companions and winks without the prisoners seeing his wink, "My sword is itching to take their heads off, anyway." as he unslings his greatsword and outwardly showing how it needs to be heft.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

valinor wrote:"How many are there of your coteries and be precise?"
As most of you discuss strategy, Mayrhu answers Aeless' question, "There are the four from our team who got away. The other raiding party has seven."

"If you're going to keep me prisoner and decide to fight them, I'd appreciate being stashed some distance away from any of you. The other party has a big kuhn on one of their Jifs and I don't want to get blown up."

Then, after hearing Aeless' last comment, Mayrhu says, "Wait! No! Don't kill me. I'm being as helpful as I can. I'll tell you whatever you want."

Shareev has been paying attention to the tracking device. He reports that the three nearby flashing lights have begun moving in your direction. From their speed, he guesses they will be here in less than 10 minutes.

At the same time, Sam's voice comes from Shareev's bracelet, "Shareev! They called home. I can find their base now!"
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Then you better give us a damn good detail of your base." as Aeless' eyes squint in anger and states, "Or so help me that I will personally yank and snuff the life out of you, and we'll extract what your head's information." as he flicks his wrist and fires a black ray from his fingertip hitting Mayrhu's companion prisoner sapping his strength him.

OOC: Ray of Enfeeblement on the second guy demonstrating unknown power to the prisoners.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

"Aeless, that is enough. If these men must be killed, then they must. That will be up to Vulan. He is in charge of them now. So long as the prisoners please Vulan, I am certain that he will keep them alive. If they want to be far away from the men when they come, perhaps we should be, as well. I don't think that we can all fit in the wagon together, but our tracks are still obscured by my magic. I can create a mist or two to conceal our movement, should we decide to leave. Otherwise, we have 10 minutes to set up another ambush. This time, we will need to take their jif as quickly as possible so they cannot use this big khun."

Oldin turns to Vulan, speaking in a different language, hoping the prisoners do not have fish in their ears. "Vulan, do you think these prisoners would be of any use to us? Much like animals, they respect power. Perhaps if we offer them a taste of power, they will be more compliant. Perhaps they can be used for good purposes. While as a whole, they may be impossible to convince, but separated from their packs, they seems like they might be capable of understanding reason. Perhaps if we prove to them that we are more powerful than their pack, they will follow us and aid us. In time, perhaps they can be rehabilitated to be valuable members of society, although that may be a stretch."

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

"This jiff is far too damaged to be repaired in the time it will take them to get here. We know where there base is now. Sam just confirmed that. Plus we can track their movement with this." Shareev holds up the disk.

"For now, we must leave. If the next one has the kuhn I think it does, we had better get moving as fast as possible."

Shareev holds up the bracelet and speaks into it. "Glad to hear you got it. We have one of their tracking devices. Perhaps you can look at it too."
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin says, "I don't have enough magic to conceal the tracks of these prisoners. They will need to be carried. Should I create the mist to conceal our departure?"

Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand packs up to leave, stowing the shotgun he retrieved from the ground in his pack.
To Shareev, "Which is the best way out of here?"
Image R.I.P. Brand
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"As you suggest, but we need the maps updated with their informations." as Aeless moves away from the prisoners. "I suggest for Esias and I to cover our tracks as you all move and we trail slightly behind." suggests the half-elf.
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

"Our time is up. Your suggestions on following behind to conceal ouir tracks is a good one, along with the concealing mist. Do it, and let's be away." Jiam is already moving and yanks one of the prisoners off of the ground.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

My Pass Without Trace should be active for another four hours or so. The only tracks are into the canyon. Oldin heads to the mouth of the canyon and casts Obscuring Mist. He follows behind Jiam and the other prisoner that Jiam is carrying.

valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

As they trek onward to regroup and replenish, he starts to cover the tracks of theirs; he suggests, "Single file so its easier for us to make us disappear."

OOC: Will Aid if whoever has a better go at it for a higher result.
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

"So it looks like we are in agreement. If you can cover our tracks, I can keep track of where the enemy is" Shareev hold up the disk "and make sure they are not closing in on us."

OOC: You said the big grouping of lights is approx 75 miles west, but never stated where the other three lights met up other then 5 miles away.

Shareev will try to determine what the best direction to head would be to return to Nauthan while avoiding the oncoming dudes.
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Once it appears the group is going to leave Leenah retrieves her bow, I think she had dropped it up on the canyon edge. Then moves with the rest of the group, keeping an eye and ear out in front.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

OUT OF CHARACTER
As Aeless tries to cover our tracks, he finds that none of us make any. At the start of this, I cast Pass Without Trace on all of us. We have no tracks. My Pass Without Trace spell will last for four more hours. For four hours, we will still have no tracks.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[Ok, to aid you in planning your escape route, I put together a pretty map. Hexes represent 1/2 mile. The orange and yellow dots are the flashing lights on Shareev's new toy.

Those who are paying attention (or go back and look at old posts) may note that I originally said the ambush site was about 1 hour east of town. I meant about 1 day east of town! Bloody revisionist DM.]
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

"This may be a silly point, but when they arrive, how will we hide from them? These lands are barren, with little place to hide. I suggest we start running to put as much distance between us and them."

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev pulls down his goggles and you see him hit a small button on the side of one of them (OOC: Switching them from magnify to binocular). He looks around and says, "You may have the right of it Oldin. We should make haste to the north. From there we can head east and then back South passed Sanctuary to Nauthan.

There is a chance that someone among their group also has something similiar to my treasure here. So we better start moving now."

Shareev has will make sure all his equipment is set and start moving. Shareev will also keep an eye out to the east for the approaching Dudes while we start moving.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Well, guess we don't that then, although how about their prints?" as he points to the tracks the prisoners are making.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

valinor wrote:"Well, guess we don't that then, although how about their prints?" as he points to the tracks the prisoners are making.
[OOC - Jiam mentioned picking up one of them, and I am assuming that Vulan will be carrying the other. They won't be making any tracks if they are not touching the ground]

valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"You mean head back west, not east right?" as Aeless asks Shareev.

OOC: Okie, Shai just saw it.. :)

Return to “Perearth: Archives”