In the vestibule [Jiam, Esias, Thanis, Ruadhnait, and Brand]

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Esias acts first, but Jeemi ducks the scout's attempt to grab him.

Brand and Ruadhnait both stand from their seats, startled.

Jiam dives at the boy and manages to get a hold on Jeemi's waist, but the boy quickly wriggles free and continues reaching into the locker, going for one of the kuhns resting there.

Thanis is too quick for him, however, snatching the kuhn before Jeemi can.

"Hey!" shouts Jeemi, as he begins to reach for the second kuhn in Vulan's locker.

The voice says, louder than you've heard it before, "Jeemi, stop that! Leave the weapons alone." Jeemi shows no sign that he plans on complying.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Spare the rod and spoil the child.

Esias is going for a punch aimed at Jeemi. With luck, the attempt alone may be enough to distract him.

OOC: +6 to hit, 1d3+2 non-lethal damage
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Which way does the Locker Door open? Towards Thanis, or away? might you be able to show that on the map.

Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Disregarding subtleties, Jiam attempts to jerk Jeemi around and into the punch by his team mate. If that fails, he will continue to try and spin Jeemi and throw him across the room.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

tdsprouse wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Which way does the Locker Door open? Towards Thanis, or away? might you be able to show that on the map.

The locker has a door that slides upward, like all the doors in this place, so the door isn't an obstacle or implement. But you could grab it by the handle and slide it down.
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Ah, thanks

Thanis tries to slide between Jeemi and the locker. Either pushing him completely away from the locker or trapping his hand against the side of the locker.

"Jeemi, if you dont stop, you're gonna get hurt!"
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand moves over to the locker and tries to aid Thanis.

Aid Another + 2
Image R.I.P. Brand
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Esias punches Jeemi. It's a glancing blow, but forceful enough to knock the boy to the ground, unconscious.

The rest of you relax briefly, with the threat of Jeemi grabbing a kuhn averted.

The disembodied voice speaks, "Oh dear! What have you done? Is Jeemi hurt?"
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Thanis says, "No, he's not hurt, just got the wind knock out of him. Sorry about this, he's a pretty curious boy, huh? He could've gotten really hurt if he'd gotten a hold of one of those Khuns, or hurt one of us."

As he's talking, He picks up the boy, lays him on the Bench. gets some water/ice from the cart (if there is any), puts the Ice on the Bruise/Bump and waits.

"Do these lockers Lock?"
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

"If we can't lock it, can we just unload them?"
Image R.I.P. Brand
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

"Maybe we should just wait outside. We have caused you enough trouble." Jiam says outloud to the voice.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

The voice answers Jiam, "No, I'd rather you remain here until your friends return. This is my fault. I should have known Jeemi would cause trouble. But he was very insistent on meeting you. Curious lad."

As Thanis tends to Jeemi's bruise, the voice continues, "Thank you, Thanis. I've sent for Jeemi's parents. They will bring him to Dr. Zeus for a thorough examination."

To answer Brand, the voice says, "No the lockers do not lock. There's generally no need, since I keep both of the vestibule doors locked."

Jeemi remains unconscious and after a few minutes, two people emerge from the other side of the vestibule, a man and a woman, both slender and pale and dressed in white. They rush to Jeemi's side and sigh as they begin looking at him.

"What happened this time, Sanctuary?" asks the woman.

The voice responds, "He hit his head. I don't think he's badly injured and these strangers have been taking care of him. You should bring him to Dr. Zeus, though."
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

to the Parents... "I think he'll be fine. Just a bump here. Take this ice with you"

After they leave... "Santuary? I thought that was the name of this place. Is it also your name?"
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Jeemi's parents give Thanis a look of thanks and the father takes the ice from him. They then pick him up and carry him out of the vestibule.

The disembodied voice answers Thanis' question quite simply, "I *am* Sanctuary."

"Thank you for your assistance with Jeemi. I apologize for the inconvenience he caused. I will ensure there are no interuptions if you want to rest now."
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

"Thank you Sanctuary. I think I would like to rest a bit. Can you let us know when the others are on their way back?

Bram lays out his bedroll (I think he's got one) and lays down on his back, hands behind his head. His eyes remain open for a time, thinking about recent events. Though not in deep sleep, eventually his eye's close.
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Ruadhnait relaxes, but not easily. The disembodied voice bothers her, and she has begun to pick up enough of the local language that she was able to comprehend that the voice is Sanctuary. Her mind races with fearful thoughts as her eyes close. Her sleep is fitful.
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

After securing his gear and weapons, Esias spreads out his bedroll (for some reason, deploying his tent seems redundant) and stretches out on it to sleep, pondering the possibilities that this strange redoubt is administered by a woman who has taken its name as her own... or is itself an intelligent artifact of unfathomable power (although ignorant of the mischief a curious boy can get into).
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand sets up his bedroll beside one of the benches, with his weapons stowed under neath. He goes to sleep.
Image R.I.P. Brand
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam, decides this is a good tactic and begins to do the same. He unrolls his bedroll, sits cross legged in the middle of it and begins to meditate. He begins to count down slowly, backwards from 100. He begins to feel the tension leave his body, as envisions himself far away. Far away from this dessert. On a beach, with the sound of waves lapping against the shore. In short order, he is in a deep sleep...
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

beltzclan wrote:Jiam, decides this is a good tactic and begins to do the same. He unrolls his bedroll, sits cross legged in the middle of it and begins to meditate. He begins to count down slowly, backwards from 100. He begins to feel the tension leave his body, as envisions himself far away. Far away from this dessert. On a beach, with the sound of waves lapping against the shore. In short order, he is in a deep sleep...
OOC: There was dessert? Was it cake? Could Esias have some?
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

(OOC)This stupid thing needs spell check. I am the second worst two fingered typist you could ever see. Not to mention I get common words like desert and dessert mixed up. The worst two fingered typist you could ever see is a personal friend of mine. It is agonizing to watch. You almost want to beat him with the keyboard. LOL (/OOC)
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

OOC: Hey, at least you didn't make a reference to a "rouge". That's the written spoonerism that always makes me wince, especially in a D&D reference; we're supposed to know better!

Heck, I once saw that "misprint" on the back blurb of a commercially published supplement for the old Star Trek RPG.

Always remember Bill Cosby's dictum: Never say things can't get any worse... 'cause they always can.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

So, you all settle in to rest in the strange vestibule ... your sleep is undisturbed.

[I'm hoping the other half of the party will be back here by the time you wake up ... that may take a couple of validations. I was hoping Jeemi would cause more of a problem for your entertainment, but you reacted too quickly :)]
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Thanis' whole body jerks as if he just caught himself while falling asleep. he rolls to his side, getting deeper into sleep than perhaps he intended.

[np, we'll wait here till everyone else comes around, find out what they learned, and then figure out what to do next/]
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzz
Image R.I.P. Brand
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1