In the vestibule [Jiam, Esias, Thanis, Ruadhnait, and Brand]

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

In the vestibule [Jiam, Esias, Thanis, Ruadhnait, and Brand]

Post by patransom »

Thanis also introduces himself, albeit quietly.

With the introductions complete, the voice is quiet for a time. Then it speaks, "Doctor Zeus really wants to examine all of you, but I do not think it is wise to admit such a large party, especially one who seems to have been involved in much trouble already. We have had some negotiations and come to a resolution. If you all will enter the vestibule, and bring those men you have bound with you, I will tell you of our conclusions." With that, the door slides upward into the dome. [To speed things along, I'm going to assume you all enter the vestibule and drag the prisoners with you]

Inside the door, you find the "vestibule." This is room in the shape of a ring that takes up the outermost part of the dome (see the diagram below for an idea of what I'm talking about). Within this room are a number of benches and, along the outer wall, there are lockers.

The voice speaks, "Aeless, Vulan, Oldin Sargash, Shareev, and Leenah, if you would stow your weapons in these lockers, you may circle around to the other side of the vestibule. There you will find another door. I will open it to allow further entry for you five."

"Shareev, I know you volunteered to remain outside, but Doctor Zeus was quite insistant about you."

"Oldin Sargash, I am certain we will be able to offer you spiritual guidance and may be able to assist with your geneological research, as well."

"The rest of you: Jiam, Esias, Thanis, Ruadhnait, and Brand, please remain here in the vestibule. I would prefer you rest here, rather than outside, to avoid undue attention. I will have someone bring you some food."
Last edited by patransom on Tue May 15, 2007 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

All of this brought a combination of feelings to Jiam. He was both curious about all that he was both seeing and experiancing. He was at the same time a bit nervous as well. Who knew what could await them while in here. This could be a trap of some sort, but the voice was soothing enough that he was willing to chance it. He was tired, after all. He would rest, but keep one eye open to trouble.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless complies upon the request of the host, with a deep breath as if a sigh, he places his bow and sword in the locker.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Not caring about the crossbow and knife anyway, Oldin places them in the locker, not sure if he will take them when he leaves.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah listens to the voice with a sigh. She places her bow, quiver, the revolver and ammunition into the locker. More slowly she removes her sword belt placing the short sword and one dagger in the locker. After a long moment she bends down and removes a second dagger from her boot placing it in the locker and turning and heading around to the door further in.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

Vulan stows the khuns etc. in the lockers.
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev taakes his feesthols and shotkhun and places them in a locker with their ammunition. He removes the sickle he carries and places it with his khuns, and looks at the others as they remove their weapons and place them in lockers.

He looks to the others,"I guess that means we get to meet the Dr. I really do not think that there will be any problems with these people, so the weapons really would not be necessary anyway."

Shareev moves along the vestibule to the other door.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Am hesistant to ask, but what is a Dr. Zeus?" asks Aeless.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Not making sound stufhid, but he's never heard of a doctor before. :P

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

"Normally a doctor is someone who takes care of those who are ill. Although, there are many people who are known as doctors because they are experts in their particular field of study. I am not sure about Dr. Zeus, but I believe he is probably a scientist of some sort."

OOC: Although I know full well that none of your characters would know what a scientist is, Shareev doesn't. Pat, couldn't find a good translation for scientist, sorry.
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Scholar, alchemist, wise man...
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Philosopher, savant, sage, wise-man, smart-aleck :D
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Scientist???" questions Aeless.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

There are now two active threads for the two halves of the party. This one is for those of you who were asked to remain in the vestibule

After Aeless, Vulan, Oldin Sargash, Shareev, and Leenah stow their weapons and move around to the opposite side of the vestibule, the five of you are left alone with your two unconscious prisoners. It isn't long, however, before you hear the sound of something clattering along on wheels coming from around the "corner." The clattering is accompanied by someone whistling happily.

The source of the clattering and whistling is a boy, who looks to be a teenager, pushing a metal cart. He is dressed in a white jumpsuit and smiles as he approaches. "Hello, my name's Jeemi," he says as he pushes the cart right up to you. "Sanctuary said you might be hungry, so I brought you some food." He gestures at the cart, atop which are a number of covered plates.

Jeemi then sits on a bench, smiling a bit stupidly and staring at each of you in turn. He completely avoids looking at the prisoners lying unconscious on the floor.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Slinging his bow over one shoulder, Esias will investigate the contents of the covered dishes.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam glances at the boy for a second, but more than just investigates the dishes. He is suddenly hit with just how hungry he is. I begins to shovel food into his mouth at an alarming rate while trying to use as much table manners as possible. Still, pieces fall onto the floor in his haste to fill his stomach.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Leaving his sword and shield leaning against a bench. Brand, heads over to food cart, trying to avoid getting any of Jiam's mess on him, he takes a generous helping of the various dishes. Smiling at the boy, he goes back to the bench where his weapons are.
Image R.I.P. Brand
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Thanis lays his reeble on the bench, goes the the food cart, gathers a meal and returns to the bench.

After eating, he sits under the bench to use it as a table, and begins to disassemble his weapon. Cleaning and wiping each part carefully. He applies a bit of oil to a cloth, then wipes the cloth on some pieces before reassembly.

When finished he looks at the food cart and...

If everyone has gotten some food, and there is some left, he will get a little bit more.

While picking at that, "So, whadda ya think about our little slice of heaven so far?", he says with a grin. Having not shaved since before going after the treasure in the tunnel, the various scars on his face are visible in the scruffy hair. ”I don’t know how this is all gonna turn out. It could be really good for Nuathun, to get the Dudes off our backs. Or…”, he says with a shrug of his shoulders.

Hi all, I'm Travis, i'll be playing the part of Thanis now
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Ruadhnait eats heartily, without much concern for manners or niceties. Between bites, she regards Thanis carefully. "You are a warrior," she says offhandedly, looking at the scars.
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

"Daynh yau, brom whayth Ee say ob yau een day caynyon, Ee'l theeh tayth ays ay caymfliment. Since yau ayre ay greeth wayriur yurselb. Yau gayve nu bir ov ay beeghth." Thanis says, with a nod and a smile.

(Or, to those with a paypelfish: "Thank you, from what I saw of you in the canyon, I'll take that as a compliment. Since you are a great warrior yourself. You have no fear of a fight.")
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam walks over to the bench after finishing off his meal. He begins to look over the captured weapons from the two dudes. "Looks like I need to get more aquainted with these things..." He turns them over in his hands trying to decide which one better suites him.

(OOC) DM, I am wanting to add the feat for this. What are my options in choices, and what do I need to do to figure out the modifiers and damage?(/OOC)
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Jeemi continues to stare stupidly at you as you eat. Then, when Thanis begins cleaning his weapon and Jiam inspecting the others, he gets wide-eyed.

"Are those kuhns?" he asks, "Ohhh, can I see one?" He gets up and walks over to where Thanis and Jiam are working.
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

"NO!" Jiam stands up and holds a hand out to ward him off. "You absolutely cannot see them! These are dangerous and not meant to be played with. They have one purpose only. To take life. To take the life of those that would take yours, or to steal the life from another in an evil way. No. Keep what innocence you have left, and leave these to... Those who's innocence have long been lost to them. If I could forget my life to have the innocence of what you have here, I would gladly join you."

Jiam then turns to sit at the bench the same way Thanis had, and then politely asks, "Thanis, sir, would you instruct me in cleaning mine as you have yours?"
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias addresses Jiam in Common: "Best not. Th' folk here may not look kindly on showin' the boy weapons."
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

"Jeemi, right? My friend here is right. These weapons are not play things, and are not to be taken lightly. I'm sure your parents would have my hide if i were to let you hold one of these khuns. Sorry kid."

to Jiam "Sure i think i can give you the ins and outs."

I grab one of the ones Vulan has so Jiam can follow along with what i do.

"So first make sure its unloaded, then you take out this pin, and pull out the hammer, like this..."

i show him how to strip it down, clean it, and reassaemble, while explaining what the various parts do (if i can). Also explaining basic satfy, so he doesnt accidently shoot someone.

"...so that's pretty much it. Any questions?"

When we're done, i return the khun to Vulan's Locker.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Jeemi looks quite disappointed at the near universal rejection of his request to play with the kuhns. Then he sighs and takes a seat, watchimg with great fascination as Thanis instructs Jiam on the workings of the device.

After a while, he gets up and begins pushing his cart around the room, collecting the empty food plates, returning them to the cart. About midway through the process, he stops in front of Vulan's locker and opens it!

Immediately, you hear the voice again, "Jeemi, what are you doing? Stop that!"

Jeemi says, "Oh come on! I won't break anything!" as he reaches into the locker.
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam, panicked, scrambles to his feat and makes a diving tackle aimed at Jeemi.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias also moves to intercept Jeemi with a grapple.
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

OUT OF CHARACTER
was this a dis-embodied(?) voice?

I move to the locker to grab whatever he trys to grab, or does grab.

"You boy, are just too curious arent you!?"

"Someone needs to protect you from yourself."
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

tdsprouse wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
was this a dis-embodied(?) voice?

Yes, the same disembodied voice that talked to you all before
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand, looks up at the voice, then over at the boy in confusion. When three of his companions rush over towards the boy, he stands up, looking on with concern.
Image R.I.P. Brand

Return to “Perearth: Archives”