All together again in the vestibule

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

shai-hulud wrote:As he walks out, leaving behind his crossbow, Oldin says, "I have spoken nothing but full truths. What did you do when we met Dr. Zeus? You threatened him. He made no aggressive actions towards you. He asked only for your aid, and not forcefully. In return, you asked to face him in combat. You have bloodlust, and Seker's fires shall purge it."
"You speak more twisted truths now. He spoke of taking my blood- what I assumed was like what was done to your boy. When he explained - I allowed him and there was no combat - you saw this, we all did - yet here you try to claim blood lust. It was not I who attacked you, but you who attacked me. I must say I'm shocked that you'll agree to take this outside - where you will not have the advantage of facing an unarmed man as you do so seem to prefer your victims."

(After Vulan's and Oldin's attack resolves and Oldin walks away to go outside - Vulan will reclaim his weapons and meet the liar outside)
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

"You know nothing about how I prefer my victims. You have seen me kill one man, and I was justified. The temple of Meeher agrees that sometimes killing is justified, and feels that my doing so was just that. Since you now seem to be a believer, you should ask your temple right from wrong, since your current hipocracy is currently earning you only the thrashing of Seker. I speak no twisted truths. I speak wisdom that a man of your stupidity cannot comprehend. I did not attack you. You received the punishment of Seker and then attacked me!"
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

shai-hulud wrote:"You know nothing about how I prefer my victims. You have seen me kill one man, and I was justified. The temple of Meeher agrees that sometimes killing is justified, and feels that my doing so was just that. Since you now seem to be a believer, you should ask your temple right from wrong, since your current hipocracy is currently earning you only the thrashing of Seker. I speak no twisted truths. I speak wisdom that a man of your stupidity cannot comprehend. I did not attack you. You received the punishment of Seker and then attacked me!"
"The Temple of Meeher says there's no such thing as Seeker and never was - It's you who is the hypocrite. To use their words when it suits you, but turn your back on the rest of their teachings. I didn't see any Seker here - you called upon power and directed it at me with your science-magic. It's you that stranded us all here, you who started a war with the most powerful of tribes in this land, you who attacks an unarmed man for nothing more than calling you to account! Try to hide behind your god coward - but this will end with your learning a lesson of honor from this stupid man - or when one of us is dead. Survive the battle, and I will not take your life, any more than I would these (he indicates the prisoners) admit your wrongs and we go forth. But so long as you hide from the truth, try to deceive us all - I can not follow you, nor can I simply crawl off in this strange land alone while you deceive those we would otherwise have as friends. If your Seker is all powerful - have his send us home now - and I will gladly leave you to your life! Less than that - arm yourself - and let's be done with it!"

(ooc Oldin is backing Vulan into a corner - this may be the last out I can provide, but it would require Oldin learning quite a bit of humility, or in the case that he can best Vulan in combat without killing him, mercy.)
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin scowls, "I am older, wiser, and smarter than you. Honestly, it is YOU who must learn humility. I knows much about it himself, and when you disagreed with my actions, I accepted that. If you had not attacked me repeatedly, I would never have learned of your single-tracked, self-righteous pride, which will inevitably result in the destruction of all you hold dear. Seker teaches that you must surrender your pride. I did just that when you first insulted me, but now I see that your insults come from a far darker source.

"You have proclaimed yourself the self-righteous protector of this new land, and your hipocritical speeches are dangerous to our companions. You threaten those you do not know before attempting a tactful approach. We are lucky that Dr. Zeus is a peacable man, for your actions could well have condemned all of us to a harsh fate. You speak from your ignorance, and endanger our lives with every word you breathe. You want to give quarter to an enemy who would show you none. You want to fight hand-to-hand against enemies that use weapons that can kill from quite a distance. You are antiquated and archaic. I, an old man who is set in his ways, is showing far more adaptability than you seem capable. In my previous life, I would never have TAKEN a life, much less the life of an unarmed man, but I learned quickly what must be done.

"And now, it is you who will be humbled by the power of Seker. He is not all-powerful, but his holy fires do purge the land of evil. You, Vulan, are as dangerous as these Dudes. Your ignorance, if unchecked, would lead us all to ruin. I will not allow you to bring harm to our companions. And Seker's flames along with my own acid shall burn that message into you. When I prevail, you will suffer with the burns, as I will not heal you. My healing is for those who wish to aid this land, not curse it with their ignorance."
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jim a gather's his things and prepares to leave, taking hold of one of the Dudes and bringing him along. He was in a struggle about what to do if anything. They certainly had been at it for far too long. If they were both willing to face each other to the end, he guessed he had best just stay out of the way.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah finishes collecting her weapons, stowing all her daggers and her sword. After putting on her backpack, slinging her bow over her shoulder and shoving the khun into her belt she turns and moves to Mayrhu, helping him to stand and letting him walk out ahead of her.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev turns to Thanis, "I kind of wish that we had left them in that hole we found them in."

When he gets outside of Sanctuary, he looks at his tracking device, checking the dudes location.

(Assuming their location has not changed) "We should start heading towards Nauthan. Since Vulan and Oldin seem intent on doing what they must, perhaps Jiam, you can make the decision as to what to do with the prisoners. Sarge is your prisoner, if I remember correctly. Mayrhu seems trustworthy enough to leave to his own devices and head south. Sarge will likely need to be dealt with though."

Using his communication device he calls to Sam, "Sam, we plan to head back to town. I know there are a couple Dudes there, but we plan to deal with them. I will let you know when we are close. Please prepare everyone to get to safety when we show up."
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

"Then Mayruh leaves. This one we tie up away from here and make it so he can get free over time. We leave a daggar and a waterskin close by. Bythe time he gets free, it will be too late to alter any plans. Of and we will remove his shoes to slow him down." Jiam grins at this last thought.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless seemingly tired states, "If you two has had enough thank you, but if not we're all inside a humble host who has given us informations and hospitality, can we please set this aside and take this somewhere else with our leave?"
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

klakxor wrote:Shareev turns to Thanis, "I kind of wish that we had left them in that hole we found them in."
Thanis snaps out of his speachlessness...

to Shareev
"Uh, what? Oh, yeah it certainly would have been quieter. What the sands is that all about anyway?! Whats a Seeker?"

Thanis grabs is pack, waterskin, and reeble and heads for door, after the prisoners.

He pauses for a second, and kinda looks up and back...
"Sanctuary, thanks for your help, and shelter. I'm very sorry it ends like this."
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand grabs the rest of his gear, and follows the rest out the door. "Thank you for the food and shelter, Sanctuary"
Image R.I.P. Brand

Return to “Perearth: Archives”