At the Gates of Nauthun

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam, frustrated with his quarry, draws his kuhn and aims for Dude 4's face!
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah moves to 3220 and aims another arrow at D2.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

With her original prey having fled, Ruadhnait moves on to the next closest target, dude 3. She howls with fury as she stabs at him with her spear.
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Thanis takes a shot at Dude 2, but misses. Then he hides again.

Leenah moves away from the fence and hits Dude 2 with an arrow.

With her original prey having fled, Ruadhnait moves on to the next closest target, dude 3. She howls with fury as she stabs at him with her spear. She hits, stabbing him solidly.

Brands steps forward and continues the attack on Dude 3. He hits once and Dude 3 looks badly wounded.

Aeless reaches the area [You are now on the map at 3701, you have a standard action left this round]

Shareev says "Now why did you have to go and do that?" as he empties his shotkuhn at Dude 1, pelting the man, then jumps on the front of the wagon. [Shotkuhn is now empty]

Jiam, frustrated with his quarry, draws his kuhn and aims for Dude 4's face! The weapon is difficult to aim at this close range and Jiam misses.

Loathe to allow his enemy to escape, Esias veers after Dude 2, and looses and arrow that plugs the man dead center. He wobbles a bit, but doesn't fall.

Dude 1 answers Shareev, "Because you're going to get punished, mauthand!" He ducks under the big kuhn and rushes at Jiam, attempting to knock him off the wagon. Jiam attempts to kick him in self-defense, but misses. Dude 1 knocks Jiam off the wagon. He then yells to Dude 4, "Get the haynoon working. These savages are killing us with arrows."

Dude 2 screams "Gaaaaaah" as he fires a burst at Esias. Most of the bullets catch Esias in the head. [Critical 29 hp]

Dude 3 swings at Brand in panic, missing.

Dude 4 turns the big kuhn to the right, and there is a loud boom. The shell lands between Esias and Leenah, but both manage to duck the ensuing explosion [Heh, he targeted two characters with evasion, tough luck for him. No damage.].

[Damage totals: Ruadhnait 40, Brand 40, Jiam 26, Esias 29, Vulan dead]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias veers to 2815 and launches another arrow at Dude 2 (still +8 to hit, damage 1d6+4+2d6, critical 20/3x, AC 17) while offering up a prayer to the Wanderer to spare him another hit like the one he just took.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand will continue attacking Dude 3, if Ruadhnait drops him first he'll move to 3808 (not sure if it's a legal charge to 3808 but if it is he'll do that and attack Dude 1).

Keep Shield block on Dude 3 or transfer to Dude 1 as appropriate.

Long Sword (+10, 1d8+4) *includes Knights Challenge for Dude 3
Image R.I.P. Brand
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev, his shotkhun now empty, will use it as a club to swing a dude 1's head.

"Your punishment will come first and foremost."
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

OOC: Full leaping charge at Dude 4, if I can reach him, if not I'll cast True Strike
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah moves 30ft to 2720 and fires an arrow at D2.
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Since D2 looks to be in hand, Thanis turns his attention back to D4 (the one on the hayhoon).

Shot 2 of 5.

atk +10
dmg 2d10

Hide.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Things are not going as smoothly as Jiam had hpoed and his target was proving elusive. He goes for what has always worked for him in the past, and dropping the weapon, goes for a flurry of blows.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Ruadhnait continues attacking foes, moving as necessary to do so, until her rage is expended and she is forced to rest or until there are no more opponents.

OOC: I am going to GenCon and will be gone until Wednesday. Please take care of Ruadhnait for me in my absence. In general, she intends to keep attacking until she falls, her rage is exhausted, or there are no opponents left. If this causes her to be killed, that's fine. She does not fear death in battle. Thank you.
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Thanis misses Dude 4, then hides.

Leenah continues chasing Dude 2 firing an arrow that hits him dead center and seems to do a little damage.

Ruadhnait stabs Dude 3 in the side of the head, bringing him down.

His opponent gone, Brand charges at Dude 1, slashing him solidly.

Aeless makes a full leaping charge at Dude 4, his huge greatsword makes a brutal cut across the man's back.

Shareev, his shotkhun now empty, uses it as a club to swing a dude 1's head. "Your punishment will come first and foremost." This statement proves inaccurate, as the clumsy improvised weapon swings wide over the man's head.

Jiam goes for what has always worked for him in the past and attempts a couple of circle kicks at the man. Neither of them hit. [As a monk, you don't need to drop your kuhn to make unarmed strikes, since you can use elbows, knees, feet, etc. And, by the way, don't forget the improvised weapons feature of the Drunken Master class :)]

Esias veers to one side and launches another arrow at Dude 2 while offering up a prayer to the Wanderer to spare him another hit like the one he just took. His arrow misses this time.

From the back of the wagon, Dude 4 screams "Let's get out of here, they're tearing us apart." Dude 1 growls "I know!" and the wagon begins moving. This, unfortunately for the Dudes, provokes a lot of attacks of opportunity. Aeless misses Dude 4. Jiam [with combat reflexes] hits both Dude 1 and Dude 4 with glancing blows. Brand gets a solid cut on Dude 1.

Both men, however, remain conscious as the wagon picks up speed along the fenceline, carring Shareev with it. It slams directly into Ruadhnait, who jumps aside to avoid the worst of the damage [3 hp]. Shareev, with a display of agility, manages to remain perched on the front of the vehicle during the collision, but bumps his knee on a protrusion of metal between him and the driver [3 hp]. Dude 1 slams into the same protrusion, while Dude 4, well braced on the big kuhn mount, seems unharmed.

Dude 2 yells, "Stop messing around and come get me!" as he releases another burst at Esias. Esias' prayer is answered as the burst misses.

Dude 4 turns the big kuhn all the way around. The shell flies over Aeless' head, landing 5 feet behind him. Aeless, Brand, and Jiam are engulfed in flames [Aeless 15 hp, Brand 31 hp, Jiam no damage, thanks to evasion]. Brand falls down, unconscious and bleeding.

[Damage totals: Ruadhnait 43, Brand 71 [at -2], Aeless 15, Shareev 3, Jiam 26, Esias 29, Vulan dead]
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev drops his shotkhun to the side and puls out his sicle, taking a slice at Dude 1.
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam dishes out more of the same. He knows the suit will protect the enemy so Jiam goes for head shots if possible.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

beltzclan wrote:Jiam dishes out more of the same. He knows the suit will protect the enemy so Jiam goes for head shots if possible.
Jiam is now 15' away from the nearest enemy. The wagon moved and took the Dudes with it. Sorry the map is so blurry.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless shall do a running jump to get into the vehicle.

OOC: I do have Evasion.
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Shot 3 of 5 at the driver. (Dude 1?)

Hide
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias moves to 2411 and lets fly another arrow at Dude 2 (just at 30 ft range, so +8 to hit, damage 1d6+4+2d6, critical 20/3x, AC is 18 including the Dodge feat [I forgot he had that, how silly of me] and the skirmish bonus). He's hoping Leenah will close with their foe, which should distract the Dude while allowing him to keep shooting without fear of hitting his ally (Precise Shot is nice).
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

valinor wrote:Aeless shall do a running jump to get into the vehicle.

OOC: I do have Evasion.
My bad, you took no damage from the explosion.
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam, frustrated with his lack of aim with the kuhn, just grabs a rock, and using his anything as a weapon feat, trys to wing or distract the dude manning the huge kuhn on the wagon.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Thanis blasts Dude 1, causing his head to explode [critical]. Dude 1 is quite dead. Thanis hides again.

Leenah (I guess) keeps shooting and misses Dude 3.

With Dudes 1 and 3 gone, Ruadhnait goes after Dude 4. She misses.

Brand bleeds [-3 now]

Aeless runs and leaps onto the wagon next to Dude 4.

Shareev drops his shotkuhn and pulls his sickle as he steps forward to attack Dude 4. He misses.

Jiam scoops up a rock and flings it at Dude 4. It hits, a glancing blow.

Esias continues circling Dude 2, loosing another arrow. The arrow sinks deep into the man's thigh and he screams. He doesn't look healthy at all.

Dude 4 begins panicking and abandons the big kuhn. He tries to bull rush Shareev out of the driver's seat. Shareev cuts him down with his sickle.

Dude 2 begins limping off into the desert, trying to run away, but impeded by the arrow sticking out of his leg.

[Damage totals: Ruadhnait 43, Brand 72 and bleeding, Shareev 3, Jiam 26, Esias 29, Vulan dead]
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Shot 4 of 5 at the last dude.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Why do they always run?" Aeless shakes his head while grinning.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias moves to 1711 and -- you guessed it -- lets fly another arrow at Dude 2 (as before, +8 to hit, potential damage 1d6+4+2d6, critical 20/3x, AC 18 ).
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev will jump down off of the wagon towards Brand, pulling out a canister to use on him.
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah looks around then slings her bow over her shoulder as she runs towards the wagon. When she gets nearer and sees Brand down she will move to him and pull the cure wand and attempt to cure him.

OOC: Sorry moving and I forgot to post an action. So here are likely her next two unless the canister really does some serious healing.
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam goes into his belt of pouches and pulls out out his potion of cure light wounds. He drinks up to three doses or until max. Then he begins looking around for one of those talking boxes that the Dudes use to tallk over great distances. He gathers all he can find nd brings it back to the group.

"Should we use these things to tell the others a lie of some sort? Like we are all dead. Or some other ruse?"
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"I guess, if we knew how to use these and be able to imitate the way they spoke." said Aeless.
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

If Brand is healed this round, he'll stand up, thanking whoever heals him.
Image R.I.P. Brand

Return to “Perearth: Archives”