At the Gates of Nauthun

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam does attack D4 in a full on rush, kicking out with both feet. His plan is to strike hard and cause as much damage as possible but not stopping to continue. He will say to Shareev over his shoulder, "Finish him!" He never stops, though, on his way to mount the wagon and attack the Dude on top. He knew that Vulan may not survive another blast. He virtually launches himself at D5 hoping to grapple him away from the controls and toss him from the top.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Wasn't sure how to figure it. If 160 ft per round is what you use, it should take Esias three rounds to reach 3820.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless continues to move and rather than sneaking he moves and fire.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Doing full move and shooting Aeless' bow, hoping to get the guy(Dude 5) with a lucky hit or make him duck, especially with a large arrow.

tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Another shot at Dude 5 if he is still up. other wise, the other Dude on the Wagon. If for some reason those are both down, the next biggest threat.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

Vulan curses under his breath - I'm tried of getting burned! And unloads a spray into D5s area (if he gets D4 with anything that misses D5 so much the better.)
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

CGM3 wrote:Wasn't sure how to figure it. If 160 ft per round is what you use, it should take Esias three rounds to reach 3820.
Yeah 3820 - that would be about .72 of a mile in six seconds. Now, I've heard of a few people who've beaten the one minute mile - and with magical aid or some extraordinary ability... sure. But if you're just running - then you max out at x4 your base move for one round - or times 5 if you take the run feat.

(In the other campaign, Sunim is a monk/psionic warrior Xeph. He has fast movement, magic boots, the run feat Speed of thought and the Xeph burst.
So his base move is like 60(base, boots, fast move), when he's focused, it's 70 (speed of thought), When he manifests skate it's 85 (up hill back to 70 - downhill upto 100) and if he bursts it goes up to 105. Then he can run at times five - or 525 in one round, typically considered six seconds. Lots of speed there, but nowhere near half a mile in six seconds... Even at this speed it would take him between 11 and 12 rounds to run a mile (a minute and six to a minute and 12 seconds.) And he can only maintain it for three rounds (Xeph burst expires - but he can reapply it three times in a day for a total of nine rounds...)

Now, I'm just proofing my post, and I notice that 3820 was likely a position on the map and not a speed you thought you could reach if you got enough momentum going... rofl. oops.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Actually, Skate only aids you going downhill (it grants an enhancement bonus to speed, not an unnamed bonus, so it doesn't stack with your monk speed increase). I think that it is unfortunate that it works like that, though :(.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

shai-hulud wrote:Actually, Skate only aids you going downhill (it grants an enhancement bonus to speed, not an unnamed bonus, so it doesn't stack with your monk speed increase). I think that it is unfortunate that it works like that, though :(.
You, another willing creature, or an unattended object can slide along solid ground as if on smooth ice. If you manifest skate on yourself or another creature, the subject of the power retains equilibrium by mental desire alone, allowing her to gracefully skate along the ground, turn, or stop suddenly as desired. The skater’s land speed increases by 15 feet. (This adjustment is treated as an enhancement bonus.) As with any effect that increases speed, this power affects the subject’s maximum jumping distance.

The subject can skate up or down any incline or decline she could normally walk upon without mishap, though skating up an incline reduces the subject’s speed to normal, while skating down a decline increases her speed by an additional 15 feet. (This adjustment is treated as a circumstance bonus.)

Well you're right - the first 15 feet doesn't stack - missed that. grr.. but it does apply a 15 bonus plus another 15 circumstance bonus going downhill.
Still, that makes for a fast character. And there's still a good side to it - one is that it can work on another - giving an ally a chance to keep up, plus the equilibrium thing which would counter any rough terrain penalties the increase in control is a consideration as well.

Ah well- back to the thread...
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah will move in until she is about 140ft from the Dudes and fire an arrow with her bow.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Ruadhnait presses forward, howling like an animal as she lets the ríastrad overcome her. Her teeth grind together, chipping away small bits of ivory. Her face twists and contorts and her hair stands on end, the tip of each hair seeming to display a small spark of fire. Her eyes bulge from their sockets as her cheeks flush a deep crimson, then purple with rage. In an instant, she is upon the one who shot her, stabbing with frantically her spear.

I hope it is clear enough that she is raging. :)
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Thanis takes another shot at Dude 5, winging him, then hides again.

Leenah begins sprinting toward the conflict.

Ruadhnait presses forward, howling like an animal as she lets the ríastrad overcome her. Her teeth grind together, chipping away small bits of ivory. Her face twists and contorts and her hair stands on end, the tip of each hair seeming to display a small spark of fire. Her eyes bulge from their sockets as her cheeks flush a deep crimson, then purple with rage. In an instant, she is upon the one who shot her, stabbing with frantically her spear. She hits Dude 2 quite solidly, although his suit absorbs some of the damage.

Brand continues running, but shifts his attention on Dude 1.

Aeless continues to move and rather than sneaking he moves and fires his bow. His arrow hits Dude 5 in the shoulder.

Shareev, in hopes that Aeless and Jiam will deal with Dude 4, continues towards the wagon with his shotkhun out.

Jiam keeps running [you're still much too far away to attack this round. If you continue you running, you will be at 3801 next round, with the possibility of attacking the following round]

Seeing that subtlety has gone into the latrine, Esias speeds up to close in on the Dudes.

Vulan curses under his breath - I'm tried of getting burned! And unloads a spray into D5s area. His autofire attack goes exactly where he aimed it, but both Dudes dodge the bullets. The wagon takes some damage, though. [Your first kuhn has 9 bullets left in it, not enough for another autofire attack.]

Dude 1 shouts, "Bloody hell! More of them!" He fires his odd weapon at Brand again and misses again.

Dudes 2 and 3 back away from Ruadhnait and burst fire at her again. Dude 2 hits again [14 hp].

Dude 4 taks another single shot at Jiam. This time he hits [11 hp]

There is another loud noise from the big mounted kuhn, followed by another firey explosion around Vulan. Vulan ducks the worst of the flames, but is still burned into unconsiousness [22 hp. I have you at -8]

[Damage totals: Ruadhnait 26, Jiam 11, Vulan 71]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

(OOC) I guess I should have looked at the map closer. I did not realize I was that far away. (/OOC) Jiam continues with the same thought process in mind. Striking at the one infront of him but continuing to charge the wagon and mount it. He ducks his head and pumps his legs as fast as he can.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand continues the same as last turn.
Image R.I.P. Brand
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev also continues in, but as soon as he is within range of Dude 4 he will take a shot
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless runs full out as he slowly changes his weapon from his bow to his greatsword. Sprinting as fast as he can catch up towards their enemy (D4).
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah will continue to run forward until she is less then 140 feet away then fire with her bow at the closest available standing Dude.

(OOC: At Disneyland then Comic-con so access is spotty until the 31st.)
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

Vulan lies on the ground with his Khun and dreams of firing another shot at D5 - this time taking him down and protecting all of his friends from the giant Khunmonster.
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

"Bloddy Hell!"

Shot #3 of 5
...same as before...
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias will spend the next round moving 160 feet closer to the Dudes.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Ignoring the pain (or perhaps simply not noticing it), Ruadhnait continues wildly stabbing her opponent. If he stops moving, she goes on to the next nearest enemy.
John Grigsby
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Thanis mutters quietly "Bloddy Hell!" This shot just barely hits Dude 5. Thanis hides again.

Leenah keeps running.

Ignoring the pain (or perhaps simply not noticing it), Ruadhnait continues wildly stabbing her opponent. This time she misses Dude 2.

Brand continues running.

Aeless slings his bow over his back as he moves. [Move action to stow bow, then single move. You can draw greatsword during a full run next round.]

Shareev also continues in.

Jiam, with a full run, is now on the map! [at 3801, in fact]

Esias keeps running, nearly catching up with Brand.

Vulan dreams as he bleeds.

Dude 1 fires at Brand again as the knight closes in. This time he hits. The single bullet is slowed by Brand's Kel Suit. [1 hp]

Dudes 2 and 3 back away from Ruadhnait and burst fire at her again. Both miss and Dude 2 says to Dude 1, "Look out, she's coming toward you too."

With Jiam now closing, Dude 4 unleashes a burst from his supmayshinkuhn. Jiam is pelted with bullets. [15 hp]

Dude 5 yells, "There's someone still out there shooting at me! Get this jif moving and let's go find him!" Nevertheless, he swings the big kuhn around in the direction of Esias, Brand, and Leenah. The shell goes quite awry, flying over the fence to Brand's right and exploding in the town! The explosion, however, is big enough that it catches Brand, burning him with fire and pelting him a bit with debris from the hole it creates in the fence [32 hp]. Esias is just outside the blast radius.

[Damage totals: Ruadhnait 26, Brand 33, Jiam 26, Vulan 72]
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Shot #4 of 5 - bringing it up a notch to better adjust for distance.
OUT OF CHARACTER
With rapid reload (rifle), reloading is a move action, right?

atk +10
dmg 2d10

OUT OF CHARACTER
Pat, for some reason, my TOS file is not adding the bonuses for Aim that it used to. I even tried it with a couple older versions of TOS. Can you cheack yours, and if it works, send it o me.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

tdsprouse wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
With rapid reload (rifle), reloading is a move action, right?

OUT OF CHARACTER
Pat, for some reason, my TOS file is not adding the bonuses for Aim that it used to. I even tried it with a couple older versions of TOS. Can you cheack yours, and if it works, send it o me.

For a weapon with an internal magazine (like your rifle), reloading is a full-round action normally, move action with rapid reload. For a weapon with a box magazine (like the submachineguns) or speed loader (like the .45 pistols), reloading is a move action normally, free action with rapid reload.

My version is working. Did you remember to enter the # of rounds aimed for in the Modif column? Here's my version anyway.
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

Vulan - feeling the light as he bleeds away snores a little as his dream takes on a rather lovely and peaceful feeling. He's killed D5, and the Khunmonster has come to life and attacks him. He isn't at all worried, as he draws his sword and slices it down in two slashes leaving the thing in three useless and lifeless pieces. He doesn't even wonder how he managed to get so close to it, when he's certain that he was just a hundred or so feet away.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias will move 40 feet this round, which should mean he ends up only 80 feet beyond the edge of the map, and 115 feet from Dude 3. He will loose an arrow at Dude 3 (+5 to hit with adjustment for range, 1d6+3 damage, crit 20/x3) and continue moving. His AC should be 17.
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam continues with his same plan. But he knows another blast like that and he is in serious trouble.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless continues to run full out, while drawing his large greatsword.
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Loosing a stream of curses that would make a hardened sailor blush, Ruadhnait presses her attack on dude 2.
John Grigsby
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah continues forward until she is 60 feet from the dudes, pulling her bow in order to fire on the next round.
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand mutters to himself, "Do any of our plans ever work." He keeps running.
Image R.I.P. Brand

Return to “Perearth: Archives”