Aftermath of the battle at the gates

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:35 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
ah, thanks

 

Thanis tries to get a good look at teh hands of the dabber, are they really tied? Does he recognized the guy?

He does not shoot, but continues to aim at the driver.


He'll ready an action for the driver to draw a khun (does he appear armed).
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:20 am

Thanis observes the approaching vehicle. The dabber's arms do appear to be tied. The driver has a 9 meel kuhn slung over his shoulder, but his hands are occupied with steering the vehicle.

Since Thanis does not fire, the three wheeled vehicle approaches the gate, where it stops. There is an obvious look of surprise on the driver's face as he stares at Aeless (who looks exactly like Sarge). The dabber looks frightened. Neither of them seem to have noticed anyone else, as you are all well hidden.

The driver says, "Sarge? You're alive? They said it was a trick on the reetyu! ... But I brought your favorite toy anyway ..." he gestures with his shoulder, indicating the bound dabber riding behind him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Post by CGM3 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:43 pm

Esias watches the Dude in the vehicle as he nocks an arrow, but will take no action at the moment.

OOC: Seeing as how Esias is 10 ft above ground, I suspect the Dude is just over 30 ft away.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 pm

Shareev hold his action until Aeless' response. If the rider seems at any point unsure or ready to turn and ride away, Shareev will take a shot with the 9 meel.

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Post by tdsprouse » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:01 pm

Continueing my readied action.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by Galaphile » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:03 pm

Brand holds position.
Image R.I.P. Brand

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:19 pm

Not saying a thing, Aeless walks up to the driver side of the vehicle and listens to them glaring. "Where the others?!!" yells Aeless at the speaking dude.

"You!!" points at the driver. "GET OUT! AND NOW!" yells Aeless.

"YOU!!!" points at the speaking dude. "What happened, they don't believe me?! Tell them and now!" states the angry half-elf.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Using the look of surprise and amazement of the dudes along with my Bluff 5, Diplomacy 11, Intimidate 7 and cow them down. He's identifying their name tags if any.

 


User avatar
beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by beltzclan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:20 pm

Continuing my readied action of using the Kuhn.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:34 pm

Leenah pulls her kuhn and readies from her place in hiding.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:50 pm

Sorry about the missed validation, will pick up normal schedule again on Tuesday
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:35 pm

As the rest of you ready weapons and wait to see what happens, Aeless approaches the three-wheeled vehicle. "Where the others?!! What happened, they don't believe me?! Tell them and now!" he yells at the driver, continuing with "GET OFF! AND NOW!" [There is only one Dude, driving the vehicle and speaking to you. The vehicle is like an ATV. The dabber, who hasn't said anything, is riding on the back behind the driver.]

The driver looks at Aeless in shock, "Wait! You're not Sarge!" [Really bad bluff check, unfortunately. Aeless sounds nothing like Sarge] He begins to throw the vehicle into reverse; you see it start to back away from Aeless …

[Aeless, no AoO for you, since the driver is withdrawing. Everyone with a readied action can take it now, if you want. Just let me know what you want to do.]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by beltzclan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:40 pm

From his location on the roof, Jiam cannot see what is happening because of the wall, so he continues to hold his redied action.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:52 pm

Shareev will take his shot with the 9 meel

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Post by CGM3 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:57 pm

Esias will let fly an arrow at the Dude driver.

OOC: assuming the elevation makes the range just over 30 ft, +7 to hit, 1d6+3 damage, crit 20/x3
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:32 pm

beltzclan wrote:From his location on the roof, Jiam cannot see what is happening because of the wall, so he continues to hold his redied action.
The wall is actually a makeshift fence, with many sections of chain links, so you can see what's happening. The driver has partial cover because of the fence, though.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:05 pm

Shoot the driver with my readied aimed action
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:13 am

OOC: He'll try to jump on the vehicle as it is backing away, and maybe attack that way.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:57 am

Oldin doesn't want to hurt the dabber or Aeless, so he will remain where he is.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by beltzclan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:56 am

Jiam changes his action rediness and prepares to light flasks of oil. But he has the khun close. He scans the horizon to see where they are going to come from next.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:45 am

[Readied actions]

Thanis fires his weapon at the driver, hitting him in the shoulder.

Shareev leans around the corner of the fence to shoot the driver: a very good shot, but it bounces off the Dude's kel suit.

Esias lets fly an arrow at the Dude driver, just hitting him and penetrating the rubbery suit. [He was actually just within 30', even with the elevation]

Aeless attempts to leap on the vehicle as it pulls away, but the driver steers the vehicle sharply out of Aeless' grasp. Aeless looses his balance and flops to the ground.

The vehicle moves swiftly backwards from the gate. As it does so, the dabber on the back pushes off with his feet and intentionally falls off the vehicle onto the ground.

[Now everyone can act normally, but the vehicle is accelerating, so it will likely be far out of range in a round or two]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Post by tdsprouse » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:09 am

Shot #2 at driver.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:57 pm

OOC: Take out my large composite bow and shoot the tires, Rapid Shot.

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Post by CGM3 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:08 am

With the expected ambush no longer viable, Esias will go down to ground level (via stairs, ladder, whatever means is available). GM's call as to how long that will take.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:21 am

Shareev will try to get another shot off with the 9 meel

User avatar
beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by beltzclan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:41 am

Knowing that a full on assault is likely now that the enemy knows they are there, Jiam continues to remain patient. "The we will come and we will have to retreat. I shall be waiting..."
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:08 pm

Thanis, no longer hidden, shoots the driver in the shoulder once again.

Shareev shoots the driver also, but the bullet appears to have little effect, thanks to the Dude's armor.

Esias climbs down the nearby ladder he used to reach the roof. [Only a full round move, you can act normally next round]

Aeless gets to his feet, readying his bow and firing one arrow [no rapid shot, since you had to stand from prone this round]. The giant arrow misses the vehicle's tire.

In a rather impressive manuever, the driver spins his vehicle around to face away from you and tears off, away from Nauthun. [He is now 80' off the map, quite a few range increments for Shareev, but probably quite hittable for Thanis, Aeless, and Esias]

The dabber, hands still bound, begins squirming along the ground toward you and the gates.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Post by tdsprouse » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:49 pm

Shot #3, hide.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:25 pm

"Okay guys that means that there will be a shitload more coming soon. We need to plan our attack." Shareev calls out as he checks the device to see the dudes positions.

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:16 pm

Leenah moves forward and attempts to help the dabber up. "Why did you jump off?"
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:53 am

"More than likely they will kill him, soon anyway." as Aeless takes a bead on the vehicle and muttering some words.

OOC: Casting True Strike and a swift action for Blade of Blood on the large arrowhead. The attack is on the driver.

Post Reply

Return to “Perearth: Archives”