Back at Sam's again

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Re: [Active Thread: everyone] Back at Sam's again

Post by Galaphile »

Brand replies, well, we don't have things like that in our world, do we have time to learn, or could we get some volunteers from the town to give us a ride?
Image R.I.P. Brand
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

"I could probably drive the jif, but not well if we had to evade anything. Either Way, i'm tired of living under threat form the Dudes, lets tame it to 'em."
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
MonkeyAlpha
Templar
Templar

Post by MonkeyAlpha »

Leenah turns to Sam, "Do you have any recon on their base? Something with which we could use to plan this attack. If not we should check their security before going in, khuns blazing. What tek-nology do you have that we might be able to use?"
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

"What we need is a distraction...." Jiam pauses to think for a minute. "What if we take these iron wagons and just charge right on in? Maybe set it to head in by themselves? Even dress up some dummies? Or use a couple of dead bodies in fresh clothing to sit in them all strapped in? We get a couple of us to set back and wait on a signal to send the waggons in. The rest of us sneak in as close as we can and on the other side from where the wagons will be coming from and wait. When all hell breaks lose, we use the distraction to gain entry, maybe even with no one knowing, and actually charge into the buildings or caves or whatever they are using for shelter. Of the persons hanging back to send in the skiffs, one should be hidden and shooting with that long distance kuhn with the spyglass attached. That should serve to help in our distraction." Jiam leans back against the wall. "As good a plan as any? Anyone care to modify it further?"
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Esias wrote:Esias will remark that he has no need of a horse -- it's difficult to track from the saddle, and a man afoot can go places he can't mounted -- but he could use some arrows.
Sam replies, "Arrows are no problem. I've got plenty. How many do you need?"
Shareev wrote:"I can drive a jif or one of the eethivi's. I think it is best to take the fight right to the dudes."
Thanis wrote:"I could probably drive the jif, but not well if we had to evade anything. Either Way, i'm tired of living under threat form the Dudes, lets take it to 'em."
Brand wrote:Brand replies, well, we don't have things like that in our world, do we have time to learn, or could we get some volunteers from the town to give us a ride?
Sam makes a quick count of you all. "Looks like there are nine of you, with two drivers. I think you could all squeeze aboard the two jifs. That would be the fastest way to get to their base ..."

Amon says loudly, "Ten of us, with three drivers! Really, I can work those wagons ..." Sam gives the boy a worried look.

[Thanis/tdsprouse: a pm is on the way after this post about driving ...]
Leenah wrote:Leenah turns to Sam, "Do you have any recon on their base? Something with which we could use to plan this attack. If not we should check their security before going in, khuns blazing. What tek-nology do you have that we might be able to use?"
Sam answers, "Oh no, I don't have any recon ... we only just learned their location, thanks to all of you. As for what you might use, your friend Oldin and I have already discussed some of that. I've given him the extra hoomauneeheethers Shareev wanted, and we discussed some ayrusul bandages. I have three left. I also mentioned that Shareev and Thanis have devices to allow them to see at a distance ...

"Beyond that, I don't know what you might need. You people seem to know your way around a fight better than I. I'm just not sure what I have that can help, beyond what we've already talked about: vehicles, reetyus, first aid, devices for seeing ... you've pretty much exhausted my supply of kuhns, although I still have plenty of bullets ..."

Jiam wrote:"What we need is a distraction...." Jiam pauses to think for a minute. "What if we take these iron wagons and just charge right on in? Maybe set it to head in by themselves? Even dress up some dummies? Or use a couple of dead bodies in fresh clothing to sit in them all strapped in? We get a couple of us to set back and wait on a signal to send the waggons in. The rest of us sneak in as close as we can and on the other side from where the wagons will be coming from and wait. When all hell breaks lose, we use the distraction to gain entry, maybe even with no one knowing, and actually charge into the buildings or caves or whatever they are using for shelter. Of the persons hanging back to send in the skiffs, one should be hidden and shooting with that long distance kuhn with the spyglass attached. That should serve to help in our distraction." Jiam leans back against the wall. "As good a plan as any? Anyone care to modify it further?"
Sam nods a little while Jiam is talking, "I don't see any problem with that, except I don't know how you're going to haul any dead bodies out there if all of you are going. The jifs are pretty small ... Otherwise sounds as good a plan as any. But, like I said, you people would know better than I."
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Amon says loudly, "Ten of us, with three drivers! Really, I can work those wagons ..." Sam gives the boy a worried look.
Thanis give the boya smirk "Yeah boy? How do you know how to drive a jif? You havent even been out of Nuathun since you got here. Youe even seen a jif before?"

To Sam "Hey Sam, i could use some more rounds i suppose. I think i went at least 10, maybe 15 the last few days."
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev also checks his ammunition. "I could prolly use a couple shells for my shotkuhn as well. Sam, any chance you have a quick and dirty RC that we could hook up to one of the eethivi's. Other then that, I say we get moving and hit them quick like they would never expect it"
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"If possible to add me for 40 arrows, 20 to refill my quiver and an extra set in any cases. Thanks." asks Aeless.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

After doing a quick check of his quiver, Ethan responds, "Eighteen arrows should do for me."
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
MonkeyAlpha
Templar
Templar

Post by MonkeyAlpha »

Leenah checks to make sure her khun is loaded, "some of these for my revolver and I will be ready to go."
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand, gets ready, leaving a few items behind, he lightens his load. He nods that's he's ready.

OOC:
Pat, will send you updated sheet.
Image R.I.P. Brand
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

After receiving his arrows and refilling his quiver, he'll go to where the dabber was really seen last and investigate the area for what just transpired.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

tdsprouse wrote:Thanis give the boya smirk "Yeah boy? How do you know how to drive a jif? You havent even been out of Nuathun since you got here. Youe even seen a jif before?"
Amon glares at Thanis, "I watched Sam hide the one from those Dudes at the bar and I figured it out. I'm good at figuring things out and I can do lots of things. So there!"
klakxor wrote:Shareev also checks his ammunition. "I could prolly use a couple shells for my shotkuhn as well. Sam, any chance you have a quick and dirty RC that we could hook up to one of the eethivi's. Other then that, I say we get moving and hit them quick like they would never expect it"
Sam answers, "I probably have the right parts lying around, but it would take a couple or three hours to rig something up. Do you guys want to wait that long? Up to you ..." While he waits for Shareev's answer, Sam hands out boxes of bullets, then goes to the back room and drags out a rusty metal barrel full of arrows. In spite of the condition of the barrel, the arrows look like they're in good shape. Some of them have shafts that aren't made of wood, but instead of some hard, but lightweight material. [There's no difference between the arrows in game terms, some of them just look unusual]

While everyone is resupplying, a box full of metal bolts and gears falls off of a top shelf directly onto Thanis' head. [No damage, but it startles him] Amon laughs.

Aeless makes a quick trip back to where the Dabber was last seen, doesn't find anything, and returns.

[This week please post anything else you want to do here. Otherwise, once you make a decision about whether to wait for Sam to rig up something for the eethivi, we'll assume you set out for the location of the Dude base and pick up there with the next validation.

I'm assuming everyone is refilling thier ammo back to full. Here's what I have for each of you. Correct me if you want to be carrying more or less ammo.

Aeless Aereth: Arrows 50
Brand: .45 ammo 50, 9mm ammo 25
Esias Lightfoot: Arrows 35, Silver Arrows 5, Cold Iron Arrows 10
Leenah: Arrows 20, .45 ammo 50
Oldin Sargash: Crossbow bolt 10
Shareev: .45 ammo 50, 9mm ammo 70, Shotgun shells 20
Thanis Laskin: 7.62 ammo 60
Jiam Alkat : 9mm ammo 50
Ruadhnait: nothing
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

patransom wrote: Amon glares at Thanis, "I watched Sam hide the one from those Dudes at the bar and I figured it out. I'm good at figuring things out and I can do lots of things. So there!"
"Alright, alright..." Thanis says with a grin, "Easy there, maybe you do know, i guess we can see. Odin, how do you feel about that. Think the boy can drive?
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

At Amon's insistence, Oldin realizes that he cannot just order the boy to remain. He contemplates, Amon knows it is my duty to protect him. Is this just his way of dealing with the stress, or is there something more to this? I cannot fail in my duty to protect him, but how can I do that with him charging into the fray? His exuberance is going to get him killed, but if I forbid him, he may act out against me. Either I allow him to come so I can take a more direct role in overseeing his well-being, or I find a task that requires doing here. Unfortunately, with so little that is known about this world, I wouldn't even begin to know where to assign Amon that he will feel like he is making a useful contribution. Perhaps it is best to speak with the boy frankly.

Oldin moves to Amon and has a quiet discussion with him, "Amon, I love joking with you, but this is no joking situation. I know that you want to aid us in the battle, and I am willing to allow you to come, but I cannot stress enough the dangers that you will face. These khuns are deadly. If you are shot by one of them, you will be dead. You will never see your father again. The dudes don't need to be good at using them, just lucky. A single shot that hits you will likely kill you. As the driver of the jif, you will likely be a primary target as we arrive. I don't want you to die. I want you to remain here, but I will not stand in your way if you want to come. In this world, I have no way to forbid you from coming. So if you are planning on coming anyway, I would feel better knowing that I can keep an eye on you directly. But, I beg of you, please choose to remain here. We can handle this, and I don't want you to be in any undue risk!"
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

"I don't think we have the time to wait for an RC build. I say we head in and do what we can. Maybe if Amon helps us drive one of the Eethivi's as a spare, when we are close enough he can get out and I can set it for a collision course into their gate. We can attack from another location while that happens." Shareev scratches his head looking around Sam's shop for something to jam the controls of the Eethivi with.
TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by TheGreenLabrador »

Ruad, although understanding some, patently ignores her growing ability to pick up key foreign words and phrases, and awaits a decision by the others.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Little bonus validation in hopes that the party's strategy will be settled for the next one ...

Amon takes in Oldin's serious tone and replies seriously himself, "Uncle Oldin, if you order me to stay here, I promise I will. But I'm getting tired of sitting around while you have all the adventures. I want to help and I really can. If you let me come, you'll see."

Shareev, you're certain that with the tools in your robocase, you can make an unmanned vehicle go in a straight line until it hits something. You did that with the other jif once already.
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Well Odin, Sounds like the boy is ready to grow up. Ok, so we;ve got Two jifs? And an Eethivi? how many drivers do we have? And can we disable the trakcers on teh vehicles so they can see them moving? Or better yet, can we change them so we can see them but they cant.
Obviously i'm pretty good at very long range, adn would be able to pick off guards as you approach the gates, btu once you're insode, i'd be pretty useless. So not sure if i should hang back or not.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

tdsprouse wrote:And can we disable the trakcers on teh vehicles so they can see them moving?
Sam comments, "I've already disabled the tracking devices on the one jif and the etheevi's. I'm sure Shareev can do the same for the other jif you left outside of town quite quickly if I tell him where the device is located."
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

So then do we have a plan or not?
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin smiles at his godson, "I would feel much more at ease if you were to stay here, but I cannot order you to do anything here. I am little control here, and I must rely on everyone around me to use their best judgement. I want your safety, but more than that, I trust that you are growing into a man. This is your decision, Amon."

Oldin is too paranoid to specifically say that Amon can come, but at the same time, he believes they need his help. His paranoia will prevent him from ever asking for the boy's help, and in all likelihood, he will not even realize he is permitting it, but hopefully, Amon will.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: Back at Sam's again

Post by patransom »

New thread begun in announcements section