Dabber Hunt!

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Re: [Everyone Else] Dabber Hunt!

Post by valinor »

Aeless judges the distance (210 ft) for him to make a bow shot that far.
OUT OF CHARACTER
If it's still possible to make a shot for me, I'll take a parting shot at the dabber. :wink: If not then look at the dabber's tracks, where it came from and where does it possibly lead.

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

After giving the wall the once-over, Esias will examine the dabber tracks that end at the wall (+11 Search, +12 Spot, +12 Survival when tracking), looking for anomalies. :d2:
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev will run back down the alley to the group.

"Well I didn't see anything down this way. Anybody get anything"
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand starts to run north, then follows the fence line, West.
Image R.I.P. Brand
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[Actually, the top of the map is south, but I never mentioned it … let me know if I interpreted anyone's actions wrong because of that]

After giving the wall the once-over, Esias examines the dabber tracks that end at the wall. The tracks just stop at the wall. Whoever made them seems to have stopped there and gone no further. Esias finds nothing unusual about the wall: no cracks or indication of a hidden door.

Shareev runs back down the alley to the group. "Well I didn't see anything down this way. Anybody get anything?"

Jiam heads along the fence looking for signs of the Dabber, now convinced that what he was chasing was not real. He doesn't find anything.

Brand starts to run, then turns left to follow the fence line .

Thanis starts to aim at the fleeing dabber …

Aeless fires an arrow over the fence at the fleeing dabber. Guided by the spell, the arrow hits, but the dabber doesn't fall.

Ruadhnait climbs to the top of the fence, then partway down the other side.

The dabber keeps running, then disappears ... to Aeless, Esias, and Ruadhnait it looks like the dabber ducked behind a rock and hid. Everyone else notices that the dabber actually disappeared into thin air before it reached the rock.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

"Thanis, can you see anything on top of the buildings."
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand, will keep running along the fence line, until he can see down the alley of the first line of buildings.
Image R.I.P. Brand
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

thanis jumps down, back inside the fence.

"He jsut diappeared. He was running for a rock, then jsut disappeared before he got there. Was just an illusion. He's got to be here somewhere. One of the trackers, head to the front gate and keep watch there. Though its likely that while we we're watching this one, the little bugger just went over the wall somewhere else."
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Heading to square 2494 still looking.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless says, "I know I hit him, but should he had bled?" He nods on going to the front and checking on the debree they have and any possible movements at this point.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

After reaching a dead end at the blank wall ( :roll: ), Esias will begin backtracking the dabber's trail, again trying to find any anomaly or peculiarity (as before, +11 Search, +12 Spot, +12 Survival when tracking).
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by TheGreenLabrador »

Ruadnait will go pick up her spear she left on the ground back at the starting position, using up her full turn.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[Out of combat mode for the time being]

After reaching a dead end at the blank wall, Esias begins backtracking the dabber's trail, again trying to find any anomaly or peculiarity. Carefully examining the nearest portion of the trail, he finds nothing unusual. [You've thoroughly searched the 20' of the trail leading up to the wall]

Shareev asks, "Thanis, can you see anything on top of the buildings."

Thanis shakes his head, no, and climbs down from the fence. "He just diappeared. He was running for a rock, then just disappeared before he got there. Was just an illusion. He's got to be here somewhere. One of the trackers, head to the front gate and keep watch there. Though it's likely that while we we're watching this one, the little bugger just went over the wall somewhere else."

Aeless says, "I know I hit him, but shouldn't he have bled?" He nods on going to the front and checking on the degree they have and any possible movements at this point. Aeless heads off for the main gate.

Jiam heads down the alley to the street beyond, finding nothing there.

Brand heads along the fenceline until he can see clearly down the street, he also sees nothing out of the ordinary.

Ruadhnait climbs down from the fence and retrieves her spear.
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam gives up. He figures there is no catching him now, but he is concerened that the traitor is still here. He tells the others that as well. "I think there is a good chance that the little bastard is still here. It would not make sense to just scout for a minute and then run back. Best to make it think he has left since some were mistrustfull of him anyway, and continue to spy on us. He may even be disguised in illusion right in front of us. Or he may just be hiding. I suggest we keep our plans to ourselves for the tie being and trust no one. Where there is one spy, there are two. I have an idea, but here is not the place to discuss it. We need a secure place where we can talk. Just our group. No one else. Not even the ones we think we trust. The old man. No one. I have a plan."
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

"I agree. That little dabber was trouble from the start. Lets go to Sam's and get Oldin and Leenah. We can meet in my home, It is small but we can have a quick meeting there to discuss our next step."
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand nods in agreement with Jiam and Shareev.
Image R.I.P. Brand
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias will stubbornly continue backtracking the dabber's trail on the chance that something will turn up (still +11 Search, +12 Spot, +12 Survival when tracking).
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless looks around cautiously and check for any movements and curiously out of place things.
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

**Since I joined mid game, Was Oldin with us from the absolute very beginning? Or did he join after we got to this world?**
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

beltzclan wrote:**Since I joined mid game, Was Oldin with us from the absolute very beginning? Or did he join after we got to this world?**
Oldin started with the group. Shareev and Thanis are from this time period
TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by TheGreenLabrador »

Ruadhnait walks back over, spear in hand, and leans on it looking very perturbed, placing her other hand on her hip, waiting to see what the others will decide.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Moving everyone into the At Sam's thread, since that seemed the consensus. Check post there for details.

Return to “Perearth: Archives”