Assualt on the aerie of the ... uh, Dudes

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Re: [Active Thread] Assualt on the aerie of the ... uh, Dudes

Post by CGM3 »

Taking advantage of his newfound power to cloud men's minds ( :mrgreen: ), Esias moves up beside Shareev and keeps an eye on the interior of the compound.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
MonkeyAlpha
Templar
Templar

Post by MonkeyAlpha »

Leenah will also climb the fence, once over the top using the tower as cover and firing at the Dude running away.
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

MonkeyAlpha wrote:Leenah will also climb the fence, once over the top using the tower as cover and firing at the Dude running away.
There is no dude running away. Aeless killed him.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand will climb the fence as well.
Image R.I.P. Brand
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin asks Shareev, Are you going to be able to open the fence, or shall we all climb over?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Oldin wrote:“Are you all right, my lad?”
Amon looks at Oldin with some concern, I'm fine, uncle Oldin, but you don't look so good, yourself...

Shareev waves Thanis in and begins examining the gate. It is made of chain links, like the fence, and is obviously meant to slide to the right. The left end of the gate, however, is inside a slot in the left gate post and pulling on it doesn't cause the gate to come free from the slot. There is no obvious mechanism to make the slot in the gate post release the gate so it can slide. There is what used to be a small display screen on the left gate post, but it is cracked and non-functional. There is also a small slot beneath the broken screen, about the size of the nifty little cards Sam uses to record sales and purchases.

Thanis comes shuffling in, dressed like some sort of large brown bush.

Esias moves up beside Shareev and keeps an eye on the interior of the compound.

Leenah climbs the fence with no difficulty [taking 10]. Brand takes a little longer, struggling at the very top of the fence, but makes it over [taking 10 isn't quite good enough for Brand, and he missed one his rolls]. The two of them watch with amusement as Aeless struggles, stopping many times as he adjusts his grip to keep his fingers between the tiny chain links, but ultimately makes it over the fence without falling [Aeless has no ranks in Climb and missed many rolls, but none by enough to fall off the fence].

Ruadhnait and Jiam seem content to remain far from the action.

Oldin asks Shareev, Are you going to be able to open the fence, or shall we all climb over?

There is no sign of activity within the compound.

[Damage totals: Aeless 5, Brand 10]
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev calls out to Leenah, Aeless and Brand (not fully understanding the silence effect over the area) Can you check the dude that is on the ground for any cards that are approximately... he holds up his hands to form a square to what he believes the card would be ...this big.
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand being outside the circle, hears Shareev, and heads over to the Dude's body to search.
Image R.I.P. Brand
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin says, I'll be all right. I accidentally fired a blast of fire at the khun when I meant to wait for my prayerbook to be out of the blast reach. I remembered you saying that the ammunition would explode, but in the confusion, I sent my burst at the wrong place. I have lost my connection to Seker and with it all of my magic. Come, let us finish this.

Rather than wait for Shareev to figure out how to open the gate, Oldin begins climbing the fence.

valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

With a look of frustration, Aeless seems to be muttering something in the silenced area.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Thank God for the silence area. :P

Then turns and smiles at Leenah and points forward subtly. As he trots pass Brand at the dead corpse of the dude (O17).
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Wondering how he came to be the party's designated babysitter, Esias will bid Amon to wait while he ties the two of them together (say, 10 ft apart) with his silken rope, taking 10 (for a 14 Use Rope result). Then the two of them will carefully climb the fence, both taking 10 (giving Esias a 19 Climb result, I'm not sure what Amon will get; if he still seems to be having trouble scaling the fence, we'll go to very cautions mode and take 20).
OUT OF CHARACTER
Attached is Esias' character file configured for TOS+ v1.431

"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by TheGreenLabrador »

Ruad runs up to the group next to the wall, now that the ranged attackers are down.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Shareev calls out to Leenah, Aeless, and Brand, “Can you check the dude that is on the ground for any cards that are approximately...” he holds up his hands to form a square to what he believes the card would be “...this big.”

Brand hears Shareev, and heads over to the Dude's body to search. His search turns up (in addition to the dude's Kel Suit armor): a nine meel supmayshinkuhn, some clips of bullets, a billy club, a wrist hoomauneeheether, and… a small card, just about the size Shareev described, made of some hard translucent material. The card is green in color and has unknown symbols on it.

Rather than wait for Shareev to figure out how to open the gate, Oldin begins climbing the fence. He actually manages to make it over with little difficulty.

With a look of frustration, Aeless seems to be muttering something in the silenced area. He then turns and smiles at Leenah and points forward subtly as he trots pass Brand at the dead corpse of the dude.

Esias bids Amon to wait while he ties the two of them together with his silken rope. Amon objects at first, complaining that he is a much better climber than anyone gives him credit for… But, ultimately, he allows Esias to help him climb the fence. The two of them take some time, but make it over without incident. [Amon didn't make any progress taking 10, so it did require taking 20]

Ruadhnait finally runs up from her position far away…

All is quiet inside the compound, even to those of you outside the circle of silence.

[Damage totals: Aeless 5, Brand 10]
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Well, that could've gone worse. What's Oldin so upset about?

Thanis crouches down, as to look like a bush to the left of teh gate, and will wait for the gate to open, but has a thought first...

Shareev, what if they know when the gate is open or closed? if it opens, they may come out.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand picks up the card, and takes it to the gate and hands it through to Shareev.
Image R.I.P. Brand
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin heads over to the pile of remains and begins to gather up the pieces of his destroyed prayerbook, careful to make sure that not a single piece is lost. He takes 20 on the search check to find each individual piece. Depending on how long it takes, the rest of the group may move on without him.

valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless turns and tries to catch someone's attention that he's heading towards the small building.
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Chances are that they will probably be out any moment to check on their men. Get over the fence with the others. Once everyone is over and closer to the main building, I will try to open the gate. We will need it open in case we need to retreat. If they are aware of the gate opening, they may come out so make sure everyone is aware of that before I open the gate.

Shareev will hold his actions until he knows that Thanis is over the fence. Once everyone has moved up towards the main building, Shareev will try to use the card.
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

If possible, thanis will climb over while wearing his guille suit, if not possible, he'll disrobe and carry everything over, then head toward the back side of the small building.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias will try to convince Amon to stay with Oldin and help the old man gather the remains of his prayerbook ("the success of this mission could depend on it!") before joining the others at the door of the larger building.
TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by TheGreenLabrador »

Ruad watches begins heading over the fence with the others.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Ruadhnait makes it over the fence without difficulty, as does Thanis. [The ghillie suit doesn't impose any penalty to climb checks, and both of you can take 10 and make it over easily.]

Oldin, with Amon's help, is able to quickly recovery the charred cinders of his prayerbook.

Brand walks over and passes Shareev the translucent green card.

Aeless heads toward the front of the small building and Thanis heads toward the back.

Esias approaches the door of the larger building.

While all this is going on, Thanis, Esias, and Brand all notice the small door of the large building crack open for a second, and then quickly slam shut. It didn't open enough for anyone to go through… possibly someone was just peeking out.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I assumed Shareev doesn't want to try the card yet, since you wanted to wait until everyone was near the big building, which hasn't happened yet.

Damage totals: Aeless 5, Brand 10.

tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Thanis goes to I28, hurredly waves Aelies to the side of teh building, then goes back to J30.

I saw the door there crack open for a second like someone was peeking out. I'm going to head for the corner of the big building and set up there. should have a clear view if anyone comes out of this door.

Thanis is planning on running to A28 and setting up there in sniping position and readying an action to shoot anyone coming out of the Small building.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias moves to B14 with his bow ready. He will attempt to watch the two doors leading into the big building as well as the door of the small building.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless nods and points to where he's moving. (B24)
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

They know we're here.

Brand double moves towards the big door.
Image R.I.P. Brand
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev waits until everyone seems prepared to start an assualt on the large building or until some type of fighting starts (whichever comes first) before trying the card to open the door
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Thanis, Aeless, Esias, and Brand take up positions. [Brand has plenty of time to do more than double move, so let me know if that's not where you want to be]

Amon shakes Oldin's shoulder, Come on Uncle Oldin, we've got everything we can find here. Everyone's getting ready for a fight!

Ruadhnait and Leenah seem content to hang out by the fence [PM's sent, if no reply, I'll take over for them for the time being]

Shareev waits impatiently for the rest of the party to be ready.
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand, will take position at D17, he signals for someone to cover the small door and the small building.
Image R.I.P. Brand
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless waits for the next move of the dudes, as he keeps a close watch and a careful ear in his surrounding.

Return to “Perearth: Archives”