Grease Monkies

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by Galaphile »

Brand moves and drops down at M9. Drawing the revolver he fires it at Dude B.
Image R.I.P. Brand
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Thanis moves tot he edge of teh platform (should have higher ground here) and Fires at Dude E.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin crawls from P13 (You have him in Q12, but he crawled to P13 last round) to O14 and fires a burst such that it hits both Dude A and Dude E.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias moves to L14 and looses an arrow at Dude A while caroling to his companions, "This ain't a private fight, y'all can jump in any time now!"
OUT OF CHARACTER
again, less than thirty feet from the target, and having moved twenty feet, +8 to hit, 1d6+4+2d6 damage, crit 20/x3 (3d6+12+2d6), AC now 17 (18 against Dude A, using Dodge)

Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by TheGreenLabrador »

Ruad runs in, taking the drop in a leap and keeps charging towards the dudes. She wields her spear as if to skewer the first one she can get to, as she screams like a banshee.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless runs around a vehicle (K16) and switches his weapon trying to avoid retalatory fires.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

COMBAT ROUND 4 CONTINUES

Brand moves and drops down onto the descending platform. Drawing the revolver he fires it at Dude B. The bullet slams into the Dude with such force that he is only partially protected by his suit.

Amon remains where he is, watching with interest.

Aeless runs around a vehicle and switches to his gigantic greatsword. [K16 is taken up by the vehicle, and you couldn't run that far while switching weapons anyway. So I put you with cover as close as I could]

Leenah sighs and mutters, I really wanted a flanking position, but… She threads her way between the etheevis and drops onto the platform behind Dude B, slashing him with her short sword. The suit offers no protection against her attack.

Shareev creeps forward and blasts Dude A. The suit absorbs most, but not all, of the scatter.

COMBAT ROUND 5

Ruad runs in, taking the drop in a leap and keeps charging towards the dudes. She wields her spear as if to skewer the first one she can get to, as she screams like a banshee. With her blinding speed, she makes it to the middle of the platform, right next to two of the Dudes!

Thanis moves tot he edge of the platform and fires at Dude E, but his shot goes wide.

Oldin crawls behind Thanis. A fiery burst catches both Dudes E and A.

Esias moves along the platform and looses an arrow at Dude A while caroling to his companions, This ain't a private fight, y'all can jump in any time now! His arrow penetrates deeply into the Dude, whose suit saves him from a certain death. [Dude A looks in bad shape]

Dude F backs away from Ruadhnait and fires a burst at that tears into her [19 hp]

Dude A screams as he sprays bullets throughout the area containing Shareev and Esias. Both of them are caught [6 hp each]

Dude B backs away from both Ruad and Leenah, but his burst completely misses Leenah.

As Dude E keeps working with the cabinet, the platform's descent begins to accelerate! [Now 10 feet below the level of the floor; it will now require a jump or tumble check to get down without falling and taking damage.]
OUT OF CHARACTER
Damage totals: Ruad 19, Oldin 16, Esias 6, Brand 39, Aeless 10, Shareev 18

Initiative order:

Brand
Amon
Aeless
Leenah
Shareev
COMBAT ROUND 6 BEGINS
Ruadhnait
Thanis
Oldin
Esias
DUDES
---> FULL VALIDATION

Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin crawls another five feet diagonally foward (either direction, just need him closer since the vertical distance puts him out of range) and tries his next fiery burst to catch not only both dudes A and E, but also the console that dude E is working on.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev drops back 5 feet and reloads his shotkhun.

I need to get to the panel guys. I don't know where we are headed but I am sure they know we are on our way.
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Thanis curses his aim, and thinks about use his reeble as a club. Instead, he takes another shot at DudeE, and drops on to the platform. Tumbling at the end to absorb the fall.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

OUT OF CHARACTER
A question would it be hard to jump down into Dude A (I14), using him and or Dude E as a cushion with my either my Jump 10 or Tumble 8? Attack Dude E if possible?

Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand holsters (if it's free, else drops) the revolver and draws his longsword, he moves forward to attack Dude B.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Longsword: +9/+4, 1d8+3; 19-20x2

Image R.I.P. Brand
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

valinor wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
A question would it be hard to jump down into Dude A (I14), using him and or Dude E as a cushion with my either my Jump 10 or Tumble 8? Attack Dude E if possible?

You could try to jump down onto Dude A and a make a Bull Rush on him in the process. If both the Jump check and the Bull Rush succeed, you could knock Dude A prone or into Dude E. If either fails, you'll end up prone in I14.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

OUT OF CHARACTER
This is gonna be a potential train wreck, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em...

Esias intends to move to J14, drawing his short sword as part of his movement, and jab Dude A; if that unworthy is already down by then, he'll proceed to I14 and introduce Dude E to the pointy end of his blade. (And if somebody jumps onto Dude A and takes that bozo out, he'll move to I13 and stab E.)
OUT OF CHARACTER
+7 to hit, damage is 1d6+2+2d6, crit on a 19-20 for 2d6+4+2d6, AC is 17 (18 vs Dude F with the Dodge, assuming Dude A is almost out of it and Dude E is preoccupied)

"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

COMBAT ROUND 5 CONTINUES

Brand drops his revolver and moves forward, drawing his longsword. He slashes Dude B brutally.

Amon moves up to the edge of the pit, perhaps to get a better view of what's going on down there.

A sharp piece of metal flies out of the debris in the opposite corner of the room toward Dude E's head, but misses him.

Aeless runs between the vehicles and jumps down onto Dude A. Unfortunately, Dude A catches the descending Aeless with the butt of his kuhn, knocking him to the floor. [Bull rush failed, but jump was okay, so no damage taken. You are prone in I14]

Leenah smiles and moves behind Dude B, drawing her dagger with her left hand. She misses with her sword, but lands a vicious slash to the back of the Dude's neck with the dagger. [Bad damage roll, though; it was a critical, plus sneak attack damage, and should have killed him]

Shareev drops back 5 feet and reloads his shotkhun. I need to get to the panel guys. I don't know where we are headed but I am sure they know we are on our way.

COMBAT ROUND 6

Ruadhnait stands in the middle of the platform, looking fierce.

Thanis curses his aim, and thinks about using his reeble as a club. Instead, he takes another shot at Dude E. In spite of the intervening bodies, Thanis' shot is on target. The bullet does only a little damage because of the Dude's suit, however. Thanis drops down onto the platform, nimbly landing on his feet.

Oldin crawls to the edge and unleashes a fiery burst, which catches Dudes A and E and Aeless. The Dudes avoid the worst of it and Aeless, possibly because he's lying on the ground, is unharmed. [All three made reflex saves, and Aeless has evasion, so no damage to him] Dude A screams as the fire burns through his suit and collapses on the ground next to Aeless. Dude E remains standing and the console he is operating is completely unharmed.

Esias moves forward, drawing his short sword, and introduces Dude E to its sharp edge. Dude E falls to the ground gurgling, and the platform stops moving.

Dude F steps away from Esias and blasts Ruadhnait again [Terrible damage roll, though, only 6 hp damage]

Dude B, hemmed in by Brand, Leenah, and Ruad, drops his kuhn and draws his billy club in frustration. He swats at Leenah, but she ducks easily.

[The platform has stopped moving, but remains 10 feet below the level of the floor; it still requires a jump or tumble check to get down without falling and taking damage.]
OUT OF CHARACTER
Damage totals: Ruad 25, Oldin 16, Esias 6, Brand 39, Aeless 10, Shareev 18

Initiative order:

Brand
Amon
Aeless
Leenah
Shareev
COMBAT ROUND 7 BEGINS
Ruadhnait
Thanis
Oldin
Esias
DUDES
---> FULL VALIDATION

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias steps to H12 and jabs at Dude F (unless the Dude surrenders first, in which case Esias will only threaten him).
OUT OF CHARACTER
+7 to hit, damage is 1d6+2, crit on a 19-20 for 2d6+4, AC is 16 (17 vs Dude F with the Dodge)

Last edited by CGM3 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev rushes over to the panel and tries to figure out how it works.
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Thanis Glares at Dude B while reloading his reeble. (If that is just a move action, take a Shot at Dude B first)

After
Should we get one of those big Haynoons on the platform before we go down?
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Surrender and you won't be harmed!
OUT OF CHARACTER
If the Dudes surrender, Brand will put his manacles on them, otherwise, he delays his action until after the Dudes and then attacks him.

Image R.I.P. Brand
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless stands and will try to swing at Dude E.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Oops.. sorry about that. Well I guess that don't happen. :)

Aeless looks around for anymore more foes.
Last edited by valinor on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

valinor wrote:Aeless stands and will try to swing at Dude E.
Dude E is unconscious. The E next to you is Esias.
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

patransom wrote:
valinor wrote:Aeless stands and will try to swing at Dude E.
Dude E is unconscious. The E next to you is Esias.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sweet, it's been a while since I have seen some inter-party conflict

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin says in a firm commanding voice as he begins to try to stand again, stumbling a bit from the shock of pain, but pushing through it and continuing to stand anyway, Drop your weapons and surrender. You are no longer Dudes. You are to stand trial for your acts of aggression, but after your punishment, you will be free men, allowed to live prosperous lives. Should you continue your aggressions, you will be killed without mercy.

TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by TheGreenLabrador »

Ruad, after making her appearance and attempting to strike fear into her enemies, goes full out into Dude F, taking a small move, and jabbing her spear towards his gut.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

COMBAT ROUND 6 CONTINUES

Brand shouts, Surrender and you won't be harmed and waits to see the Dudes' response.

Amon likewise waits.

Aeless stands up and looks around.

Leenah doesn't seem interested in waiting. She cuts Dude B down from behind.

Shareev rushes over to the panel and tries to figure out how it works. It's fairly obvious to him [DC10 makes it automatic for you]: there's a big button that activates the mechanism and a lever that controls the up-down direction of the platform. Both must be operated at once, making it a dead-man control, explaining why the platform and the klaxon sound stop when the Dude operating it was knocked out.

COMBAT ROUND 8

Ruadhnait steps up and stabs the last conscious Dude in the chest with her spear.

Thanis shoots at Dude F, but can't find his mark with Ruadhnait in the way. He reloads [With rapid reload, it's a move action.]

Oldin says in a firm commanding voice as he begins to try to stand again, stumbling a bit from the shock of pain, but pushing through it and continuing to stand anyway, Drop your weapons and surrender. You are no longer Dudes. You are to stand trial for your acts of aggression, but after your punishment, you will be free men, allowed to live prosperous lives. Should you continue your aggressions, you will be killed without mercy.

Esias steps up and takes a clumsy swipe at Dude F, nearly dropping his sword in the process [rolled a 1]

Dude F looks terrified, but grits his teeth and says, Ha! Doomed either way! If I surrender, the Archdude will hunt me down and kill me anyway. He steps back from Esias and sprays the area he and Ruadhnait are standing in with bullets. Ruad is unharmed, but Esias is hit [7 hp]

His action provokes AoOs from Ruadhnait and Leenah. Ruad hits, but only a little damage gets through. Leenah misses.

Since the Dude didn't surrender, Brand rushes to attack, but misses.

Another piece of shrapnel flies out of the pile in the corner of the room, missing the Dude's head.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Damage totals: Ruad 25, Oldin 16, Esias 13, Brand 39, Aeless 10, Shareev 18

Initiative order (adjusted for readied actions taken):

Aeless
Leenah
Shareev
COMBAT ROUND 8 BEGINS
Ruadhnait
Thanis
Oldin
Esias
Brand
Amon
DUDES
---> FULL VALIDATION

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

If for some reason the dude decides to try ot make it to the controls, Shareev will reload his shotkhun and ready to shoot him. Other wise, with the controls of the mechanism obvious, Shareev will wait until the final dude is taken care of before doing anything further.
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Thanis readies to shoot Dude F if he Runs or Attacks.

OUT OF CHARACTER
I figure this way, if someone else takes him down, Thanis saves bullets. :)

Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand, swings his Longsword at Dude F.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Longsword: +9/+4, 1d8+3; 19-20x2

Image R.I.P. Brand
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Thoroughly annoyed, Esias steps to H11 and takes another stab at the recalcitrant (and soon-to-be-late) Dude F, snarling, "If you're so eager t' die, I'll be glad t' help you!"
OUT OF CHARACTER
still +7 to hit, damage is 1d6+2, crit on a 19-20 for 2d6+4, AC is 16 (17 vs Dude F with the Dodge)

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin rolls over to Amon, checking him for injuries. As far as Oldin is concerned, this fight is over.

Return to “Perearth: Archives”