Grease Monkies

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by valinor » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:15 pm

That didn't feel like all of them, or is it??? as Aeless wonders of his question.

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:23 pm

Oh, I very much doubt it...
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:46 pm

Ruad looks down at the late Dude F, and sighs, feeling her strength from the rush of battle fade.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5875
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by patransom » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:08 am

COMBAT ROUND 8 CONTINUES

Aeless asks That didn't feel like all of them, or is it???

Leenah waits for Esias…

Shareev reloads and points his shotkhun at the Dude defensively

COMBAT ROUND 9

Ruadhnait stares at the Dude, anticipating his defeat.

Thanis readies to shoot the Dude, should his allies fail.

Oldin shuffles over to Amon, finding the boy completely uninjured.

Esias steps up and slashes the Dude quite effectively, but the Dude remains standing.

Leenah takes advantage of the distraction provided by Esias, steps to the corner of the platform, and cuts the Dude very precisely with both short sword and dagger. From the way he collapses, it's clear she found some vital organs.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Damage totals: Ruad 25, Oldin 16, Esias 13, Brand 39, Aeless 10, Shareev 18

Out of combat for now…

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by klakxor » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:08 pm

Shareev will activate the device to move them back up.

Well, that was a start. We can take this back down , but we will be leaving ourselves open again at the bottom. Lets check this room before we do and see what we can find.

User avatar
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by Galaphile » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:23 pm

Brand takes out another cure light wounds potion, and drinks it.
Image R.I.P. Brand

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:25 pm

Agreed

Think we can set one or two of the Jifs on the platform for cover? Maybe we could use the Haynoon as well

Thanis will help search the area.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:40 pm

Oldin surveys the party and offers to try to pull forth the power of Seker for the wounded. Without his book, though, he fails many times, but eventually succeeds.
OUT OF CHARACTER
He will go through his more powerful healing magics first on those more injured. He will not heal himself at all.

I realize that he can succeed on his spells without his book, as they don't require a divine focus, but his book was his life. By destroying it, he feels destroyed, as well.

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3154
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by CGM3 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:23 am

Esias (down 13 hp) frowns as he looks down at the floor. "Why was this section of th' floor descendin'?" he muses aloud. "Were these Dudes tryin' t' escape somewhere below? And are there more of 'em down there?"
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5875
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by patransom » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:46 pm

Shareev brings the platform back to floor level. This takes about three seconds and the platform's movement is accompanied, as before, by the loud klaxon sound.

Oldin sets about healing everyone he can, in order of injury.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Nothing interrupts this process for the next couple dozen rounds, so the vigor series spells do have time to work their full effect. Here are the results:

Brand: Cure Serious + Vigor = back to full health (he didn't need to use his CLW potion)
Ruad: 2x Cure Moderate = back to full heath
Shareev: Cure Moderate = down 2 hp
Esias: Lesser Vigor = back to full health
Aeless: Lesser Vigor = back to full health

This leaves Oldin with 3 lesser vigors, by my count. He is down 16 hp, himself.

 

In the meantime, everyone takes a quick breath and looks around the room...
OUT OF CHARACTER
For convenience, here's the description of the room, repeated from the start of this thread:

The inside of the big building is all one big room, well lit from above. The floor is one solid slab of stone, except for an area in the center that is metal. The metal area is marked around the edges with bright orange paint, with stripes that make an X through its center (should be pretty clear which part of the room this is). In the far corner of the metal area is a small metal cabinet of some sort, about waist high. (This is the cabinet that Shareev used to bring the platform back to floor level.)

On the left hand side of the room, a set of metal spiral stairs leads down. In the opposite corner is a huge pile of metal debris. Parked throughout the room are four of the Dude’s jifs and, behind them, are a number of the smaller atheevee’s.

 

Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by klakxor » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:52 pm

Shareev will check the condition of the Jifs and atheevee's. if they appear usable or in a condition in which they could be easily moved, he will say Perhaps we can put these jifs on the platform and use them as barricades to fir from behind while when we go down. Other wise he will check to see if there are any armaments on the jifs and atheevee's

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by tdsprouse » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:10 pm

Yeah, that seems like a good idea Thanis gives Shareev a quizical look. (http://theonlysheet.com/community/viewt ... 714#p40714) :D


Then, Thanis wll poke around the pil of metal debris for anything interesting.
Last edited by tdsprouse on Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:11 pm

Oldin says in Common (not Nauthanese), I am no battle strategist, but perhaps we should worry about those stairs, as well. The last thing we want is to come down on the platform, only to have the dudes rush up and attack us from above! Perhaps two groups can assault the dudes. Once the platform descends, we give a moment for the dudes to be distracted before the other group descends the stairs and attacks from that side, as well?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by tdsprouse » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:13 pm

Good idea, maybe i can follow the group on teh stairs, but stay at top and have a good view of the lower level, and snipe from there.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by klakxor » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:45 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Thanis was on the other side of the lift, so Shareev didn't hear him over the lift moving (yeah, that will work) :oops:

 

Sounds like a good idea guys. Amon, you can move the atheevee's right? I will work on moving the jifs

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by valinor » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:18 am

Thank you for the healing, Oldin. I'd be more than glad to go down the stairs. states Aeless.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5875
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by patransom » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:58 pm

Shareev finds all the vehicles in working order, except the one that got burnt to rubble by the explosion. Amon is more than happy to help move the atheevee's.

Leenah says to Aeless, I'll follow you down the stairs...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Map below has one possible arrangement of the vehicles around the perimeter of the platform. The arrangement would provide cover for everyone who wants to ride it, except Shareev. If he ducks behind the control panel while he operates it, he'd have cover from all directions except directly north. Let me know if you want a different arrangement.

So far I have Aeless, Leenah, and Thanis going down the spiral stairs. Let me know if anyone else is going with them, or where you want your character on the platform. If you want a specific weapon ready as you descend the platform/stairs, let me know that.

Otherwise, I'll just place your character randomly on the platform, with whatever ranged weapon you usually use readied.

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3154
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by CGM3 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:42 pm

Esias will take up position at I12, using the [engage modernspeak]'cycles[disengage modernspeak] for concealment, with his bow in hand.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:00 pm

Oldin gets a thought, and still in Common, he says, Occasionally, people in town would be trampled by horses and carriages. I would think that these horseless carriages would be just as effective at trampling people. Perhaps they can be used to trample over the dudes? Would that help at all?

Other than that, Oldin readies himself by the stairs to offer cover blasts for Thanis and Aeless, should any dudes decide to come that way.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by klakxor » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:56 am

Something tells me Shareev is right where he needs to be already. He will make sure that his shotgun is loaded and his submachine gun is at his side on the ground. If he can activate the lift while ducked down, that is what he will do.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5875
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by patransom » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:14 pm

shai-hulud wrote:Oldin gets a thought, and still in Common, he says, Occasionally, people in town would be trampled by horses and carriages. I would think that these horseless carriages would be just as effective at trampling people. Perhaps they can be used to trample over the dudes? Would that help at all?
Amon says, Oh, yes! I can do that! I'll run over some dudes with one of the jifs! He marches toward the seat of one of the jifs.
Image

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:49 pm

Oldin says, Amon, I was actually hoping to perhaps have the jif move without a driver. Once the jif begins moving away from the platform, my guess will be that the dudes will start shooting their weapons at anyone inside the wagon. These wagons move by themselves, so I was hoping that they could just be asked to kill the dudes for us.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5875
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by patransom » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:45 pm

Amon says, They're not smart, like horses, Uncle Oldin! Someone's got to work the controls to tell them what to do. Although Shareev made that atheevee go in one direction by itself back at the gate... He scratches his head, as if he hadn't really considered how these things work before.
Image

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:55 pm

Oldin harrumphs and says, Now is not the time to figure it out. Let's just go with the original plan. If the wagons cannot be asked to do the task, then none of us should. Now, Amon, I understand that you have been developing some magical ability. Do you think that any of your spells would aid us in a battle? What sorts of magical effects can you create?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5875
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by patransom » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:16 pm

shai-hulud wrote:Oldin harrumphs and says, ...Now, Amon, I understand that you have been developing some magical ability. Do you think that any of your spells would aid us in a battle? What sorts of magical effects can you create?
Amon looks confused, What do you mean, Uncle Oldin? I don't know what you're talking about.
Image

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:07 pm

Oldin says, I was told by your father that you had been using magics that you had not been taught. Your father believed that you were developing your powers as a sorcerer does. Did your ordeal with the prelate cause you to forget your abilities? Or were they only speculation from the start?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by valinor » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:43 pm

Be honest boy, I am no priest and I can smell deceptiveness in your statement. states Aelss.

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3154
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by CGM3 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:32 pm

"Best tell the truth, lad," Esias remarks in a mild voice. "The midst of a battle is a poor time to keep things from your allies."
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:49 pm

Ruad smacks a fist into her open palm as Esias comments.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5875
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Grease Monkies

Post by patransom » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:57 am

Amon looks embarrassed, Okay, I can do some things... It's not like the magic my father tried to teach me, though, from books and scrolls. And it's not like sorcery, either, because I don't have to say magic words or make gestures. The Prelate said something about it being a demon inside me... He seems very nervous and worried as he says this, but then turns defensive, But I've been trying to help! I've been throwing things at the Dudes just by thinking about it. And sometimes I can tell what people are thinking...

He moves onto the platform, That's all I can do, and I'll keep doing it, unless you don't want me to. I don't know any spells or anything like that.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Map below shows where I have people positioned, ready to descend the stairs or ride the platform. I still need Brand and Ruad to say which way they're going. Unless you want to abandon the plan to continue interrogating Amon, of course...

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Perearth: Archives”