PbP: We Just Stopped Here...

Archives of old PbP requests/news and such.
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

PbP: We Just Stopped Here...

Post by kabkal »

PbP FORM
OPEN PbP game to non-active users?: No (This means you need to maintain your subscription ACTIVE to participate and access this game!)
Title: We Just Stopped Here
Brief description: On the world called A Big Ball of Land and Water, lives a little town called We Just Stopped here. In that little town lives a small tavern called The Green Goose Gossip. And in that small tavern is where you find yourself. How you ended up here is not really important. The humanoids you are stuck with at the table you are sitting at may or may not be friends, that too is not really important. You just happened to stop in this little town, and stop in this small tavern for a drink, and are listening to the noises of the tavern. Why did the dragons stop flying in the Flying Dales? The powerful magic items just laying about in the Ice King’s castle for the taking of any brave soul. The reward being offered by the Dwarven Tsar for clearing out the now haunted mine. Where to go you ask yourself. What to do? Who do I go with? So many choices. So may opportunities. As you ponder this, maybe even talking to the others at the table, suddenly the door to the tavern is thrown open and in storms…
Rule System: D&D 5e
Dice System: https://rolz.org/
Validation Frequency: My goal is to validate 3 times a week, Mon, Wed, and Sat
Min/Max Number of Players: 4-6
Start Date: As soon as we have enough players
Source Books Allowed: Player's Handbook, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, and Volo's Guide to Monsters. I of course will be using the DM's Guide and the Monster Manual.
Classes and Races Allowed: Any in the above mentioned books
Starting Level of PCs: Level 1
Stats Generation: 4d6, removes the lowest. If all bonuses are less than +4, you may re-roll all attributes.
Starting Equipment/Wealth: Rolled based on the chart found on page 143 - the value of the starting pack found on page 151 (both paged from the PHB). There are TOS data files for each starting pack found in the TOS 5 Resources to help bring these in.
Hit Points Generation: Max at 1st level, but after that you can roll or take the average. This must be decided before rolling and 2nd level. Once a method is selected at 2nd level, that is the method used for any future levels.
Special Rules: None at this time
Background Information: Name and physical description, what people would notice seeing you sitting at a tavern.
How will Loot be divided: Player's choice
End Conditions: When we are tired of playing
About ME: I have been playing D&D since I was in 7th grade when it first came out (many, many years ago). I have played ever version of D&D and Pathfinder. I have DMed many times as well, this will be my first time DMing in play by post. I have DMed a couple of 5e games, and currently am playing in a weekly 5e game.
Notes: Game is open to 6 people. Preference will be given to those who are not currently in a game. We will start on Feb. 16th so I will have time to look over characters. Please send an image to represent your character.
Signature: Carl Butz
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: NEW: We Just Stopped Here...

Post by admin »

Awesome!!
The first ever PbP on these forum using the 5e system!! Woot Woot!

I'd like to apply, but please put me at the 'bottom' of the list, should more users with to participate than the maximum allowed - Thanks!!

admin
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

Would love to play too. But I'm at the bottom as well.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

I'll play, but will pass to anyone familiar with 5e. I have no books, but will download TOS 5e. Is there open source online?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

Anagrin2000
Squire
Squire

Post by Anagrin2000 »

I would love to join this game/campaign. Full disclosure, I have never been in a play-by-post game, but I have been playing D&D for many years (with some breaks here and there due to real life requirements). I have an awesome idea for a character.
image attached as requested.
Toran.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Aladar: Aasimar Cleric
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

May I inquire: What 'kind/type of game are you envisioning for this adventure?

I ask because the last 5e character I created was a melee type, with absolutely crappy mental statistics... YET it found itself in a highly RPG-wise game!! ARGGG can't say anything without the DM asking for a Charisma based roll, where I have a -1 penalty... :(

AND I noticed that MOST skills in 5e are based on MENTAL scores... only FOUR are based on physical scores...!!! Geez :P

admin
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Also: Will you be creating a Roll on Rolz so we can roll attributes?
Note that I played a bit with Rolz and wasn't able to make it work... :(
(unable to join any dice room, and couldn't find how to generate starting attributes...)

admin
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

I just created JSH, so please use that. I was able to load it into the Char Creation thread.
Spellcorpse
Squire
Squire

Post by Spellcorpse »

I'm interested!

How do we apply exactly? Do we need to make an application here or by private message?
Image Obrohm: Dwarf Barbarian
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Spellcorpse wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:30 am I'm interested!

How do we apply exactly? Do we need to make an application here or by private message?
I sent you a PM about the next steps.
Anagrin2000
Squire
Squire

Post by Anagrin2000 »

Not sure why, but I am not able to see the Char Creation Thread. When I click on the We Just Stopped Here, it says I do not have any permissions in that channel. I was able to roll my stats on rolz and I have created my Character, but not sure where you want me to put it. Thanks!
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Anagrin2000 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:30 pm Not sure why, but I am not able to see the Char Creation Thread. When I click on the We Just Stopped Here, it says I do not have any permissions in that channel. I was able to roll my stats on rolz and I have created my Character, but not sure where you want me to put it. Thanks!
You should have access... so I guess the permissions are not correct.. Investigating......Done - Can you retry please?

admin
Anagrin2000
Squire
Squire

Post by Anagrin2000 »

Good to go now. Thanks!
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

QUERY #1: I'm not too sure about the Backgroud - do we pick one from the allowed source, or figure one out? If the latter, does it means we set the background skills as per our custom background itself?

QUERY #2: What 'kind/type of game are you envisioning for this adventure? 50/50? (Role Play/Hack & Slash) ? Or some other balance? I ask because this can have an impact with characters - for instance, if we play in a crazy-war thorn world, we might focus more on combat then Role Play - or the other way around should we find ourselves more in a peaceful kingdom where we are Tax collectors...! You see what I mean :)

admin
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

admin wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:01 pm QUERY #1: I'm not too sure about the Backgroud - do we pick one from the allowed source, or figure one out? If the latter, does it means we set the background skills as per our custom background itself?
You can do either, as long as you not going wild, and what you choose makes sense I am good with it.
QUERY #2: What 'kind/type of game are you envisioning for this adventure? 50/50? (Role Play/Hack & Slash) ? Or some other balance? I ask because this can have an impact with characters - for instance, if we play in a crazy-war thorn world, we might focus more on combat then Role Play - or the other way around should we find ourselves more in a peaceful kingdom where we are Tax collectors...! You see what I mean :)

admin
I would like to see how role play goes, but I know with PbP it can be difficult. I want story, puzzle and hack/slash to be fairly even if it can. If not, we will figure a way to bring balance into the game.
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

We have had a player drop out of this game. If you would like to pick up the player, or bring in your own 2nd level DnD 5e player please PM me and let me know.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: PbP: We Just Stopped Here...

Post by admin »

For levelling up, are we allowed the Tasha's Cauldron of Everything book that came out AFTER the PbP started?
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Re: PbP: We Just Stopped Here...

Post by kabkal »

admin wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:01 pm For levelling up, are we allowed the Tasha's Cauldron of Everything book that came out AFTER the PbP started?
Any current book is fine.

Return to “The Old Die [Old PbP news]”