Initiative Order!

Use this section to:
-> Propose new Play by Post games!
-> Find replacement players for an existing PbP.
-> New missions for the Champions of Destiny
* All PbP requires an active subscription to TOS+
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Initiative Order!

Post by admin »

Hey Guys!!

I was looking at PbPs and an Idea struck me... Not sure how good/bad it is, but I am submitting it in case it has merit...:

I believe that initiative order used in a PbP actually slows down the PBP - which isn't a good thing considering that a PbP is already slow!!

The reasoning is that when a player logs in, and check his position in the game, he may see that it is "not his turn" to play, and just leave to return some other day... While I can't verify that directly, I know I did hold my postings from time to time because of this!

How about we use a first logged in, first to play initiative? Sure this kinda breaks the INITIATIVE numerical value, at the benefit of making PbP possible faster to move along...! NOT that we'd throw out INIT completely.. it's still here!

So instead of an initiative order like this:
  • Player A
  • Player B
  • Player C
  • Player D
  • Monster 1
  • Player E
We could have:
  • {Start of round}
  • Players BEFORE ennemie(s) {i.e. A, B, C, D in any order}
  • Monster 1
  • Players AFTER ennemie(s) {i.e. E in this case}
  • {End of round}
So if player D posts first in the round, then HE will be playing first... (in a first come, first move basis, so he has Dibs on the position on the Map!). It will also enable players to actually wait a bit if they feel they can't move before another player (i.e. wait to see where the Tank will go) - OR a slower player to get ahead of the line, specially if he means to engage in Melee!

What do you guys think? Would such an idea improve Play by Posts?

admin
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: Initiative Order!

Post by patransom »

The idea has some merit, but I haven't seen this be a huge problem in my games. The slowest person to post is most often me, the DM!
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

patransom wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:33 pm The idea has some merit, but I haven't seen this be a huge problem in my games. The slowest person to post is most often me, the DM!
With a group of people who checks the forum on a daily basis, you're absolutely right...! Otherwise... :)

admin
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Yeah, at this point, my players are pretty regular!
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod

Return to “The Dice Room [Play-by-Post announcements]”