Dragonlance for Pathfinder

The old gods are long forgotten and are things of memory and legend. Dragons are legends, never truly existing. Rumors of Armies gathering in the North are beginning to spread through Krynn. Strange robed clerics are going through Krynn looking for strange things. Now is the time for heroes to rise and bring about the end of the Age of Despair
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Dragonlance for Pathfinder

Post by klakxor » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:11 pm

Okay folks, I may need some help with the Pathfinder rules (especially since it is new and I am not 100 percent familiar with it)

I would like to open this topic for questions regarding Pathfinder rules, questions about how to transfer class or races that are not part of the initial Pathfinder information, and general rules questions.

Therefore, if you are interested in playing a kender or a gully dwarf, here is where you would post the question "What are the differences between DnD Kender and Pathfinder Kender?" or "Does a Pathfinder Gully Dwarf smell as bad as a DnD Gully Dwarf?"

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Re: Dragonlance for Pathfinder

Post by Benji » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:58 am

I'm planning on playing a Kender. What sort of changes should be made to the class? Here's what I've thought of so far:

Stats: To be in line with the Core races getting extra stat bonuses, I would think that Kenders might get either another +2 on Dexterity or a +2 on Charisma (because no matter how hard you try, you can't stay angry at a Kender)

Skills: They already get +2 to spot for having good eyesight. If their eyesight was good, then wouldn't this give them a bonus to Search as well?

As for other bits, I'm not too sure what to change. In general, it seems that pathfinder have improved all the original classes by a fair bit, so I would have thought there might be more to it than just these? Let me know what you think.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:10 am

Benji, just a note that I am reviewing the Kender and how to convert it but I like what you have so far. Go with it and I will let you know what other changes may be appropriate

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:40 pm

Kender:

-2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Cha: Kender are agile and dexterous. This allows them to be able to get into and out of places that most could not fit into. Since they tend to be troublesome and quick to act, they also need to be charismatic to get themselves out of trouble.

Small: Kender are small in stature, which grants them a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus to attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus to Stealth checks

Slow Speed: Since Kender are small, their base speed is 20'

Kender Resilience: Kender gain a +1 Racial Bonus to all saves, having been victims of most types of aggression

Keen Sight: Kender gain a +2 Racial Bonus on sight based Perception checks

Skills Bonuses: Kender recieve a +2 Racial Bonus on Escape Artist, Stealth, Disable Device, and Sleight of Hand checks. Kender's natural curiosity and tendency towards larceny grants Disable Device and Sleight of Hand even if it not a Class Skill.

Fearlessness: Kender are immune to non-magical fright and recieve a +4 Racial Bonus to saves against Fear

Languages: Kenders speak Common and Kenderspeak. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Ergot, Elven, Goblin and Solamnic

Favored Class: Rogue or Bard

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:42 pm

I was thinking about giving the kender a taunt ability but did not want to overpower the race. let me know if anyone thinks that this will make the race overpowered

Kender Taunt (Ex): Kender can use uncannily insightful insults to anger others, causing them to react irrationally and lower their defences. Opponents unaware of the kender cannot be taunted. A kender can taunt an opponent while performing most actions, with the exception of spellcasting and activating magic items by command word or spell activation methods, but must taunt for one full round before she has any effect.. It is a language-dependent, mind-influencing effect (Will save negates, DC 10 + 1/2 kender's level + Cha modifier) with a 30 foot range. When insulting a member of a crowd, the impact of clever insults can easily bleed to onlookers; thus creatures other than the target may be affected by the Taunt at the DM's discretion, perhaps becoming angered or belligerent towards the kender (though never to the same extent as the target). Creatures immune to mind-affecting attacks are immune to the kender Taunt; this includes undead, constructs, plants, vermin, and other mindless or mind-shielded targets. Saving throw bonuses versus mind-affecting saves may be applied to the saving throw for a Taunt. Victims suffering from the effects of a Taunt are thrown into a single-minded rage in which all other priorities are set aside in favour of doing harm to the kender. This means that they will attempt to engage the kender in melee combat if at all possible, relegating all other forms of attack in favour of standing toe-to-toe with her(spellcasters may make an additional Concentration check at the DC of the original saving throw in order to continue using spells). Much like the victims of a Charm, however, they are not mindless automatons, and will not willingly put their lives in jeopardy if they can help it (walking across a river of lava, for example, to have at the kender poking her tongue out at them on the other shore). Victims of a Taunt suffer a –2 penalty to AC, but gain a temporary +2 morale bonus to attack rolls to reflect the abandon with which they throw themselves at the kender. The effects of the Taunt last as long as the kender continues to insult the target plus 1d4 rounds. Those who succeed at the saving throw are immune to further Taunts for a period of 24 hours.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:16 pm

Sounds great!

If i may suggest - a creature who suffers from a taunt might also loose some of his 'perceptive' abilities - (i.e a penalty to Perception/Search and such) - and might also not take into account movements that can cause it to suffer AoO from other enemies (which would make this ability very strategic and fun to play!)

Richard

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:45 pm

The taunt sounds good to me! As a suggestion; I always imagined it to increase damage as well, but lower attack (sort of like using power attack, wanting to kill the damned Kender as soon as possible, but being too angry to focus).

As for the Kender, I'll see about getting a race file done for it.

Edit: Just seen there isn't even a 3.5 Kender done for TOS+. I'll see about doing that as well.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:58 pm

Here is a 3.5 Kender. I didn't know how to make Open Lock and Sleight of Hand class skills though...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:06 pm

And this should be a Pathfinder Kender
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:15 pm

Benji wrote: I didn't know how to make Open Lock and Sleight of Hand class skills though...
How about using the "Class Skill" section on the Race worksheet?

Richard
p.s. once it's done, you might want to post your race to the proper channel on the forum!!

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:22 pm

I didn't want to post it yet because I'd missed out that one bit...

Sorry, I didn't mean Class Skills. Open Lock and Sleight of Hand can both be used Untrained. I'm not sure if Klakxor meant this for the PF version or whether he's putting them as class skills instead.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:42 pm

Benji, you are right. I meant to say that they can be used untrained

Return to “{PbP} Dragonlance: Outside the War [ENDED]”