A Cold Evening

The old gods are long forgotten and are things of memory and legend. Dragons are legends, never truly existing. Rumors of Armies gathering in the North are beginning to spread through Krynn. Strange robed clerics are going through Krynn looking for strange things. Now is the time for heroes to rise and bring about the end of the Age of Despair
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

A Cold Evening

Post by klakxor » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:52 pm

Each of our travellers are currently in Tarsis. Some have been here, most are just arriving. The rain is beating down and the evening dark is beginning to set in.

The Inn in which you find is the Red Dragon Inn. The local musician is playing however his music is nothing special.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Each of you should have recieved a PM explaining a premonition, vision, prophecy, or something to start off with.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by admin » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:20 pm

Mériadoc Goldwings looked around the tavern while awaiting his food. The smell of the Tavern had a comforting effect on the young man, who had travel much recently. He was glad he would have a nice bed tonight, and was looking forward those night hours.

A smile began to spread on his face, when he remembered. He blinked fatigue out of his eyesight, and started looking at the other patrons, wondering how he was supposed to locate anyone here. Well, at least he would be looking for an Elf, which shouldn't be too hard here... Oh, and someone small, either a young woman... or perhaps a Kender woman. Then that big guy. Probably watching around him, with keen eyes. And that other one... what was it again... a lonely one?

Mériadoc shook his head to clear it from the words of the weird woman... and for a few moments, her words were replaced by her sweat smell when she had kissed him.. THINKING: Hold On, Man! Let's no go back to road just yet. Mériadoc started looking at the other patrons again, trying to discern anyone mentionned in the Prophecy.
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:27 pm

Amber walks through the crowd with a wide smile on her face. The Red Dragon was the closest inn to the local prison and it seemed to be quite the established place! The music was wonderful, the ale was grand and the food was just delightful. The only oddity was all the people who clutched at their coin purses whenever she went near them. Determined to resolve this mystery, Amber made it her goal of the night to inspect as many pouches as she could for dangerous contraband or similar items. Quite a number of patrons had a few pieces of steel in their pouch which Amber kindly confiscated from them. She wasn't about to allow these people drink themselves into an early grave! A couple of times a patron grabbed her arm as she was examining them but luck always seemed to be on her side because she always managed to find something of theirs that had fell into her hands. Whilst they sputtered, Amber would cheerfully saunter off, never being one to delight in the thanks of others.

It wasn't until she settled down at a table that she remembered the old man from the cell. What a peculiar person! Mikku? Where was that? Amber was sure that Uncle Trapspringer had mentioned it at some point but she couldn't quite recall it. And a mage! How wonderful! She remembered a travelling illusionist in Port Balifor that was truly amazing and he had some lovely gadgets in his cart as well! The swordsman seemed pretty standard. Amber was a practical girl and she saw the need for a strong arm to protect magi and people from foreign parts. Finally, there was a cleric. Now that would be a sight! If she could find a real life cleric of the old gods then she would be the envy of prison-folk all over Ansalon!

Sighing in happiness, Amber took a drink from the glass that she had rescued from another table and was pleased to find it to be a rare vintage of red wine. Smiling, she settled back in her chair and waited for destiny to arrive.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor

Post by Nargath » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:24 pm

Charlie pushed his way into the Red Dragon. He wasn't entirely sure why he was here, nor who he should be looking for. But he was intrigued. How was that old women able to get away so quickly? A parlour trick? Minor magics of a hedge mage?

Charlie swept his eyes across the crowd, seeing if he could see anything that caught his eye. Someone who looked, mageish. Charlie shook his head. He just didn't have enough information to go on. He could be standing here for hours and not know what he was waiting for. He should be off speaking with the guard, or at least digging amongst the locals to see if he can find anyone to come help him. Yet he was still in this bar.

Surely it was some joke, some prank on a wide-eyed stranger. What possible reason would anyone have for sending him in to a crowded bar? But then, the message spoke directly to him, knew things that a strange old woman in a far-away city couldn't know. And the fact that it mentioned the idea that, they could still be around. It couldn't hurt to stick around for a little longer. So Charlie kept an eye out, looking for this mage of his.
Image Xandos

marine7312000
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Garet walks into the tavern. He scans the room quickly, his eyes searching out alternate exits. As he makes his way towards where the largest gathering of people are (most likely the bar), his eyes roam over the other people present. His tribe's shaman hadn't described the strangers he was to meet and is a little intimidated by the sheer number of people in the room.
garet.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:50 pm

The Elf walks into the Bar. his Mind still racing with nothing. His only memory is a dream. he walks in with his walking staff and in a cloak a backpack on his back that looks rather heavy. he looks around racing into his pocket he find a few coins.

he finds an empty table in the inn and the wench comes over and he orders a meal and ale. while waiting he looks around. why here why now. who was here here to meet and who was that female. what is he to do. making sure that know one will be bothering him but the food he pulls out whats in his backpack. it is a rather large book. he opens it up and started reading it memorizing what is on the pages.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:47 pm

Mériadoc let out an appreciative *BuRp!*
THINKING: That was good food He though to himself. It was then that he noticed the little woman moving about. Ah! That must be her.. I guess He said to himself.
THINKING: When did she come in? he continued his musing, when he noticed the Big tribesman and did a double-take THINKING: What the... how did I miss that one! This is Nutz! How the hell did that lovely woman know that they would both be here....

Mériadoc stood straight in his chair. The Elven man who just entered the Inn was obviously a Mage, as if a big sign had been posted over his head. Staff, Cloak and those pointy ears. Mériadoc was stunned.

Wow, they are really here! he whispered to himself, unbelieving until now. Not sure about what to do, Mériadoc stood up and went to see the Lady Kender. He bend near her ear and said Hey did you notice the elven mage over there he said. Might be a source of great fun and adventure! he teased, before walking toward the Big barbarian at the bar and whispered to him I think fate wants us to travel together... with that Mage he whispered, pointing slightly to the elven Mage.

Without awaiting an answer from the big man, Mériadoc went to the Wizard's table
May I join you? He asks, not awaiting for a reply and taking an empty seat at the Wizard's table.
You are Tyresian Oakbeam, are you not? He said with a low voice and a broad smile on his face.
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:07 pm

Looks up and see the man. Who what um quickly puts his book away im who did you say.a little set back he is ready for a pick pocket not that he has much to steal. Lost at the name this man just said why do you think im this person he seems almost lost.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:22 pm

Oh... Mériadoc hesitates a moment.
AH, well.. Did you bump your head or something!? Well, we need to talk - but we should wait for the others to get here as well... I made contact with the Barbarian, and that Kender lady. I am still missing one.. hmm 'the lost one' - Not sure if he arrived yet, or why he's lost!! Mériadoc says.

He than scans the crowd, awaiting.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:25 pm

Who what um. very lost Who you made contact with who. a Barbarian and kender what are they. who are you. what are you talking about. bumped my head.THINKING: oh shit what is all this happening is this is the dream about. ok play it cool you can wield magic it this will be a breezeSure lets wait for the others

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:23 pm

Amber blinks up at the man who whispered in her ear. Her eyes go wide and she is just about to utter a response when he goes walking off. How rude! Determined to give this man a lesson in manners, she hitches her hose up around her waist, tugs her hood and stomps across the bar with all the fury that a tiny lady can muster. She eventually catches up with him and before she can begin with her lecture, she notices the wizard.

Eeeee! She squeals in delight. You're a mage! This is so amazing! I once met a mage in Port Balifor, he was nice to me and created lots of fun images for me to play with. Can you create funny images? I bet you can. You look super talented! Can you make me invisible? Can you make me run fast? Can you make me as tall as you? She obviously has more questions, but then her eyes get drawn to his elongated ears and sharp face.

Eeeee! She squeals again. You're an elf! Are you Silvanesti? I bet you are! All the great wizards are Silvanesti! Unless they're Dimernesti. But we don't see many of those. Are you Qualinesti? I think they cast spells too. I once met a Qualinesti in Flotsam! He was quite rude to me. I bet you're not one of them though. Do you know him? I think his name was... Pots and pans or something. Maybe not. Oh this is so amazing! I'm going to get us some drinks!

And with that, Amber immediately scuttles off in the location of the closest untended mugs.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:39 pm

THINKING: what is this little thing talking about. a magi an elf what are these things. im so lost. I can make small things happen. maybe that is what she talking about yes i can cast spells as for the ones your talking about no i can not turn myself Insolvable but i can make small balls of light. i will start to cast Prestidigitation unless someone stops me makeing just 4 orbs of color and float them over to the small addition THINKING: hope this makes them go away so i can find myself Is this what your requesting

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:48 pm

Mériadoc immediately stops the Wizard from casting a spell: NOT HERE!! he whispers urgently. You would draw attention to yourself and I have a feeling you are in danger... I'll do what I can to protect you, but let's not take chances just for show
Thanks!!

Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor

Post by Nargath » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:49 pm

Charlie notices the robed figure enter the room, and also that a few people seem to swarm to, him, including a kender. The robed figure seemed to be reading a large book.

THINKING: A well-dressed man, a kender, and a robed person READING in a tavern? That certainly is an oddity in a place like this he thought. THINKING: Maybe this might be worth watching.
He watches as the kender does what kenders do, make noise and draw attention to themselves and those around him. Charlie overhears the kender calling him a mage, and remarking on his ears and being an elf.
THINKING: So there is a mage here. That old woman's note checks out so far. Maybe I should go introduce myself, and see what is going on. More contacts can't hurt. Charlie then heads over to the table.

He nods to the man and the mage, smiling. Turning to the mage, he speaks. My friend, I could not help overhearing that you may be a man of magic? I have recently been given information that you may need assistance. May I sit down?
Image Xandos

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:01 pm

Mériadoc immediately stops the Wizard from casting a spell: “NOT HERE!!” he whispers urgently. “You would draw attention to yourself and I have a feeling you are in danger... I'll do what I can to protect you, but let's not take chances just for show”
If you don't think so then i guess not little person. sorry maybe another time.THINKING: Trouble what kind of trouble i do not even know myself let alone what i might have done.Thank youI guess. should we stay here then if this is not a good place
“My friend, I could not help overhearing that you may be a man of magic? I have recently been given information that you may need assistance. May I sit down?”
THINKING: yet one more person why not this seems ot be the party table anyway. lets orderputs hand in pocket only a few coins pulls them out and asks the big well dressed man is this enough to buy food and drink for everyone
OUT OF CHARACTER
i dont know how much is there. oh great and powerful Klex

marine7312000
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:44 pm

Garet eyes the group that seems to be forming across the room. His ears catch various snippets of the conversation as he moves there. After Meriadoc's comment about barbarians, he face reddens. Once he is with the group he says, in a rather loud voice I am no barbarian. I am a hunter of the Mikku tribe. I will not be confused with some berserker. His eyes are staring daggers at Meriadoc.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:15 pm

marine7312000 wrote:His eyes are staring daggers at Meriadoc.
Mériadoc winks at the newcomer: Well met, Hunter. I am Mériadoc Goldwings he says, offering his hand as a sign of peace. He then motions the Hunter to join them at the table.

We're missing someone... He says, scouting the room to see who "the lost one" would be.
Thanks!!

marine7312000
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Garet visibly calms and grips Meriadoc's hand at the wrist.I am Garet.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:46 pm

THINKING: Who am i. all of these people have names. maybe my name is Heck i don't even know what a good name would be. don't know were to start.who are you all and what have i done

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:06 am

I don't know what you have done. All I know is that I was told I would meet you all here - well the Kender has scuttled away unfortunately...Mériadoc sighs, wondering where the small one had gone to.

Anyways, I am supposed to keep you from harm... he continues, checking around the room for any signs of dangers here.

It seems our destiny is tied somehow... he concludes.
Thanks!!

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:10 am

Well the Lady did say i would be found

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:13 am

So Tyresian, you also met a lady that gave you a prophecy? Mine did say you had some Memory problems... Did you just Complete your wizard test? It might have banged up your brains a bit...Mériadoc grins evilly.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:16 am

the elf looking out at the Inn. then after realizing the tall man is talking to him Who what im sorry were you talking to me. My memory is just fineTHINKING: ok its a white lie. i can remember walking into the town and this Inn at least.Test i took a test. i hope that i pasted

Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor

Post by Nargath » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:30 am

I too was told to look out for, and protect, a mage, and that he would be here in this very inn. I know not of what you have done, nor what I am supposed to protect you from. But if you need help, then I offer it gladly. My name is Charlie Arngest.
Image Xandos

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Well it is all nice too meet you. im happy to have friends now. im co confused. So who is Tyresian anyway.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:24 pm

rednetra wrote:Well it is all nice too meet you. im happy to have friends now. im co confused. So who is Tyresian anyway.
Mériadoc sighs. Before saying this, Mériadoc makes sure that they are not spied upon - so that nobody other than those at the table can hear his words (so he will say this loud enough to be hear by table mates - also note that he will check under the table, just in case... Kenders!). Turning to the Elf again:

Listen, YOU are Tyresian Oakbeam. That is your name, as far as I know - or at least until you find your memory. Now, it might not be a good idea to say your name to much in here, so please remember that. You need protection, but I don't know from what, from who and why. I get that you are confused. Loosing one's memory would have that side effect on you. Mériadoc says.
Thanks!!

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:47 pm

Amber comes scuttling back with some drinks in her hands. Here you go everyone! Drinks for all! She looks around the table and seems pleasantly surprised to find more people than the two she had left behind. More friends! Wonderful! I'm Amber Thistletoes! Uncle Trapspringer always said that friends were next to godliness. Er... Or maybe that was cleanliness. I forget! Anyway, I'm Amber and I'm very excited to meet you all! Now then...

She turns around to the others. You HAVE to be the Mage! She says, waving her hand in Tyresian's direction. Pointing at Garet, You'd probably be the barbarian. Funny, you don't look very barbaric to me. Do you think the old man had you confused with someone else? She then turns to Meriadoc and Charlie. And you two must be the cleric and the swordsman! She squints at them both before sighing. Well I don't know which is which, so as far as I'm concerned, you're both sword-swinging prayer-mongers! How exciting!

Finally, she turns back to Tyresian. Wow! A Mage! She exclaims again. Have you taken your test yet? What was Silvanost like? How about Qualinesti? Could you turn me into a rabbit? How old are you? What's your name? Was your test fun? Uncle Trapspringer said that he saw a mage once whose head exploded after the test! Did that happen to you? Well, you look awfully well for a man with no head. Do you know a cleric who helped you? I thought they were all myths. Are you a cleric as well? What god do you worship? I bet it's Paladine! He was the leader wasn't he? I always forgot those things. Uncle Trapspringer said that the only gods worth worrying about were Takhisis and Paladine, but I've never met either of them so I don't know why I should care about them. Have you met them? What's Takhisis like in real life? I bet she isn't as bad as people say she is. Did she take you out for dinner? I bet she made you pay for the bill though. I don't like her much. Can you turn me into a kitten?
OUT OF CHARACTER
Yeah... Amber can reeeeeally waffle on.

marine7312000
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:12 pm

Garet stares in shock at the girl's rambling. He's not quite sure what to make of her. Suddenly, he visibly shakes himself and grabs her, clapping a hand over her mouth. This one said to be careful with what we say girl. You might want to keep your voice down before I'm forced to gag you.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:15 pm

THe Elf will reach into his bag again and pull out his book. starting too look for a spell to turn the litel person into a rabbit or kitten. YOU talk of a test. i remember not a test. heck i dont even remember my name. sorry.

Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor

Post by Nargath » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:33 am

Charlie reacts sharply to the word "cleric" coming from Amber. He looks dead at Amber, speaking angrily, but being mindful of prying ears.
I am NOT a cleric! I have seen the TRUE faces of those that practise their "faith" these days. I would not be counted amongst them for all the steel in the world!

Turning to the rest of the table, Charlie says I think if we have each gotten cryptic messages that led us here to a mage, and seeing some of us may have more information than the others, I think it would be in everyone's best interests if we divulged the information that we were given.

He turns to the kender.

QUIETLY.
Image Xandos

Return to “{PbP} Dragonlance: Outside the War [ENDED]”