A Cold Evening

The old gods are long forgotten and are things of memory and legend. Dragons are legends, never truly existing. Rumors of Armies gathering in the North are beginning to spread through Krynn. Strange robed clerics are going through Krynn looking for strange things. Now is the time for heroes to rise and bring about the end of the Age of Despair
Post Reply
User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by klakxor » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:44 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Garet and Meriadocs cannot both be in J4. Garet has higher initiative and therefore gets the square. Meriadocs will need to choose another location.

 


User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4022
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by rednetra » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:54 am

The magic Missle will fly too N2

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13021
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by admin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:37 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Ah J3 is even better for Mériadoc!

[quote="klakxor"]Garet and Meriadocs cannot both be in J4. Garet has higher initiative and therefore gets the square. Meriadocs will need to choose another location.[/quote]

 


User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by klakxor » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:55 pm

And you guys spring into action.....

Garret, Amber and Meriadoc all move forward drawing their weapons as the goblins are unaware of them.

Tyresian releases a missile of force through the group of goblins and catches Goblin4 in the chest. The creature looks to be gravely hurt but manages to stay on its feet.

Charlie just draws his sword and keeps his eyes directly ahead of him at the first goblin by the door.

As the three of you moved forward, it became quite noticable that one of the goblins is a little larger then the rest and may be in charge. It spits out some garbled words.

Tyresian is the only one that understands what it said.
SpoilerShow
Idiots, I told you those 2 would have hired protection. Kill them.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Initiative:
[list=1][*]Garet
[*]Amber
[*]Meriadoc
[*]Tyresian
[*]Charlie
[*]Goblins[/list]
Damage:
[list=1][*]Goblin4: -4 HP[/list]
Active Effects:
[list=1][*]Mage Armor cast on Charlie at the Inn. Lasts for 1 hour. Approximately 45 minutes left.[/list]

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by Benji » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Benji wrote:Amber, upon seeing the goblins, goes all business. Keeping low and hiding as best she can, she moves to G5.

Stealth check (1d20 16=31)

Using her Rogue ability of Fast Stealth to move at full speed without a penalty.

When the first proper turn arrives (above was her surprise round). She will move to K5, still hiding.

Stealth check (1d20 16=30)
Using the same stealth check as above, Amber instead moves to J5, and attacks G2 with her Hoopak.

Attack;Damage against G2 (assuming Goblin can't see Amber) (1d20 4 2=19, 1d4 1 1d6=8)

This is all assuming that Amber's stealth checks have worked. If the Goblin CAN actually see her, then the attack roll is 17 and damage is 5. If the Goblin CAN'T see her, then it's as above whilst the Goblin has no Dex added on to it's AC
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13021
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by admin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:45 pm

IF G2 = Dead, Move Mériadoc to K3
ELSE Mériadoc attacks G2. If he kills it, 2nd attack on G6

TWF attack vs Goblin(s) (1d20+6=11, 1d6+3=7, 1d20+4=17, 1d4+1=4)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Remind me: Are we using Action Points? If yes, I'd probably use one on my first attack:
Action Point for 1st attack (1d6=3)
1st attack would be 14 (which might work on a Flat-footed goblin?)

 

How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by Nargath » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:03 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I just got so confused! You guys were talking about attacking G2 and G6, etc, and I thought you were referencing the coordinates, not the specific goblins!

 

Charlie will charge at the goblins (Goblin6 & 5) in front of him (either K2 or L2, depending on whether Meriadoc killed Goblin6 or not)
Charge attack on Goblin 6 or 5 (1d20+2=19)
Longsword damage (1d8+2=9)
Image Xandos

User avatar
marine7312000
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor
Posts: 1559
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:53 pm

Garet grabs his bastard sword with both hands and swings it at G2
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+5=21, 1d10+6=15

 


User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4022
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by rednetra » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:58 am

Don't kill the Large one. and another Missle will go to this time Goblin 3

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by klakxor » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:47 pm

Garet takes the swing and his bastard sword cleaves through the goblin, dropping it where it stands.

Amber stealthily moves up and attacks the leader since G2 went down so easily to Garets blade. Her Hoopak cacthes the goblin off gaurd and knocks him pretty hard.

Meriadoc Steps in and slashes G6, causing it to drop to the ground (no action point needed) and then follows up with another slash against G5, injuring the creature.

Tyresian says Don't kill the Large one. and lets another missile shoot from his fingertips, this time having it cross to the other side of the battle at G3, this time effectively dropping the goblin. Charlie charges up the alley and brings his longsword to bear on the injured goblin that Meriadoc already hit. His sword cleaves through the goblin cleanly, leaving it motionless as it drops to the ground.


Goblin4 and Goblin1 seeing their companions quickly thrashed by the group run to the end of the alley and starting working on what appears to be a loose stone in the wall.

The large goblin looks at the remains of his group and growls out You shall pay for this. I will make sure they come looking for you and destroy you. as he withdraws from the fight back with the other two.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Initiative:
[list=1][*]Garet
[*]Amber
[*]Meriadoc
[*]Tyresian
[*]Charlie
[*]Goblins[/list]
Damage:
[list=1][*]Goblin4: -4 HP[/list]
Active Effects:
[list=1][*]Mage Armor cast on Charlie at the Inn. Lasts for 1 hour. Approximately 45 minutes left.[/list]

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by Benji » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:15 pm

Amber, choosing to selectively forget what Tyresian said, runs down the street, talking to the lead Goblin. Hehe! As fun as that sounds, I'm afraid my new best friends forever might not like that very much. She will then try and wallop the boss again.

Ending up in R3, charging the boss.

Charge attack (1d20 4 2=11, 1d4 1=3)

And if we ARE using Action points, she'll add a d6 on to that attack.

Action point (1d6=5)

Making the total AC hit: 16. If we AREN'T using APs, it will just be 11
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by Nargath » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:41 pm

Someone else making veiled threats about unknown people against us? Must be the night for it!.
Charlie will charge in to hit the Goblin Leader with the flat of his blade for non-lethal damage.
OUT OF CHARACTER
But he will only do this if no-one else has moved to R2 by the time Charlie's action comes up in initiative order. If someone is there, he will move to the next closest goblin.

 

Charge attack (nonlethal) on Goblin Leader (1d20=19)| Damage (1d8+2=7)
Image Xandos

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4022
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by rednetra » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:27 pm

the elf will close and go to M2 after moving there will cast Acid Splash at anyone but the leader
Last edited by rednetra on Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by Nargath » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:40 pm

rednetra wrote:the elf will close and go to M2
In that case, Charlie will double move to T4, and will not make his scheduled attack.
Image Xandos

User avatar
marine7312000
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor
Posts: 1559
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:29 pm

Garet charges G1 and swings his bastard sword with both hands.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Move to T4 1d20+7=11, 1d10+6=7

 


User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13021
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by admin » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:48 pm

Mériadoc moves to R2 and attacks the Goblin Leader with his Rapier:
Rapier attack vs Goblin Leader (1d20+8=19, 1d6+3=9)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Cool, Max damage! :P

 

How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by klakxor » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:15 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I took the day off from work and sadly my map is on my pc at work :oops: :oops: :oops:

Validation tomorrow-although I am almost certain that I needed to add more gobbo's in there. You guys made short work of them

 


User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by klakxor » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:09 pm

Garet charges up the alley and slashes down another goblin. Amber crosses his path right behind him and whacks the large goblin in the back of the head with her hoopak.

Meriadoc also moves in, working with the others to pin the goblins into the corner and stabs the goblin leader deeply. Tyresian moves up closer to the combat.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Red, your movement counted as a double move so you cannot make an attack this round.

 

Charlie, with his attack path blocked moves around to the other side and completes blocking off the goblins.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Moved you to S4 since Garet charged in to you chosen location.

 

Goblin 4 finishes removing the brick from the wall and scurries inside the darkness and out of sight.

The goblin leader turns around and says The masters will be told, even if I do not survive. Foolish creatures. You will all die.

With that he swings his sword wildly not actually making contact and steps back into T2
OUT OF CHARACTER
Damn Natural 1

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Initiative:
[list=1][*]Garet
[*]Amber
[*]Meriadoc
[*]Tyresian
[*]Charlie
[*]Goblins[/list]
Damage:
[list=1][*]The goblin leader looks pretty badly wounded.[/list]
Active Effects:
[list=1][*]Mage Armor cast on Charlie at the Inn. Lasts for 1 hour. Approximately 45 minutes left.[/list]

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
marine7312000
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor
Posts: 1559
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:48 pm

Garet takes a step forward and attacks the goblin leader.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Oh yea!!! 1d20+5=25, 1d10+6=7 To confirm and extra damage: 1d20+5=15, 1d10+6=16

 


User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13021
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by admin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:31 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="marine7312000"]Oh yea!!! 1d20+5=25, 1d10+6=7 To confirm and extra damage: 1d20+5=15, 1d10+6=16[/quote]

Holy cow! Is that Goblin leader still standing?
Else I'll do something else for Mériadoc!!

 


User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4022
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by rednetra » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:00 pm

DOnt Kill him we need him to answer questions

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by Benji » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:54 pm

If the leader is somehow still alive after Garet's beating of it, then Amber will move in and attack it too. Otherwise, she will move to the gap where the other's disappeared. If she can see any of them, then she'll do a normal move towards them, if she can't see them then she'll just stay there.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by klakxor » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:13 am

Garets sword cleaves the goblin in two before anyone can stop him.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Out of combat for now

 

Anyone looking into the hole that the other goblin escaped through can see an alley on the opposite side but there is no sign of the goblin that escaped.

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13021
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by admin » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:14 pm

Amber, would you like to check what those goblins were carrying? Perhaps some of these might be useful or even FUN! Mériadoc suggests, while keeping an eye out for further dangers.
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by Benji » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:52 pm

Amber gasps and claps her hands gleefully. Giggling, she begins rummaging over the bodies of the dead goblin(s)
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by klakxor » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:03 pm

The goblins do not possess much. There are some rotted wood pieces that they were using as clubs, and a total of 4 copper and 8 silver between them. The larger leader goblin was carrying a longsword, but it is rusty and old.

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13021
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by admin » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:18 pm

Well, the coin might come in handy Mériadoc says.
He then goes to the door, and knock on it, his weapon back at his hips.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by klakxor » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:21 am

Meriadoc knocks at the door and there is a hollow thudding that seems to echo in the alley.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Reggie and Jermain are both still at the Inn, so chances are that no one is home. The windows that were in the front of the shop were dark.

 


User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by Benji » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:11 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry! Missed the update -_-

 

Amber will move up to the door and look it over with an appraising eye. Without saying anything, she'll start work on it.

I believe it's a Disable Device check in PF?

Disable Device (1d20+12=27)
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] A Cold Evening

Post by klakxor » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:41 am

Amber finds the locking mechanism of the door to be an old one that is easily bypassed.

You enter the room from the west. The room behind the door contains a chair and desk along the north wall with some papers strewn about it and a couple candles that are not lit in what appear to be old style candle holders. There is a door along the south wall and along the east wall as well. There also appears to be a filing cabinet next to the desk with 1 drawer slightly open.

The room is pretty empty and has a slight smell of mildew. The light shining in from outside is minimal so details are very hard to make out.

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Dragonlance: Outside the War [ENDED]”