The Day by Day adventures of Star City

Archives of old PbP requests/news and such.
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

The Day by Day adventures of Star City

Post by rednetra »

PbP FORM
OPEN PbP game?: Only for Players with Subscription
Title: Adventures of Star City
Brief description: You are all chosen by your Guild to Do tasks for the council. could be a Murder Mystery to a diplomatic Mission
Rule System: Pathfinder First edition
Validation Frequency: If actions are not posted by Friday then we move on
Min/Max Number of Players: Min player 4 (main 4 classes/Max 6
Start Date: November 6
Source Books Allowed: Books that are already programed in. if it is no programed and you know how to program or get someone else to program we can talk.
Classes and Races Allowed: Open to talk but if it is programed or there is a Load im very open to hear a Story out
Starting Level of PCs: 4th level (this way at least second level spells)
Stats Generation: I give you a List of Numbers you put them where you want. always start with at least one 18
Starting Equipment/Wealth: 3000
Hit Points Generation: Max HP
Special Rules: a few house rules
Background Information: We are in a Home Brew City but the map location is the inner sea Regian. You like in a city that has 5 main guilds that run the city with a council of 5. one from each Guild. Academic Guild, Thieves guild, Healers guild, Mage Guild and Fighter guild. Some where brought into the guild due to nothing better and others where born into a guild due to there talents.
How will Loot be divided: the players can sit down and act like an adult and there character would respond
End Conditions: the game since it is set to do lots of Mini adventures no end conditions
About ME: Been player RPG since i was 7 (I'm now 47 so even during the dark times) I have players many different systems. my fav two is Pathfinder and White Wolf.I am about the story always and foremost so you might get away with something because it was just to Book wothery that the rules get bent. I also can not spell and my grammar sucks when i put it on Paper.
Notes: there is some things to read and will be PM to you depending on your guild secrets of one guild and all. I will also be using Roll20 for Map. We will be useing Fast Xp tracker.
Signature: Rednetra god of all things
Last edited by rednetra on Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeanB
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: the Day by Day adventrus of Star City

Post by SeanB »

I am interested. been looking for a pbp for ages.
Zargha the Monk
WillShattuck
Level 7 Contributor
Level 7 Contributor

Post by WillShattuck »

I'm interested in playing too :) been looking for another PbP to be a part of. I'm currently playing in one IRL fri night live game and one play-by-post through discord on another server.

Since this is Pathfinder 1e would you allow me to use my Hero Lab instead of TOS? I only have TOS 2nd Pro. Not 1e. I can limit my books to only the ones you specify.

Thanks
Will
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

WillShattuck wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:23 am Since this is Pathfinder 1e would you allow me to use my Hero Lab instead of TOS? I only have TOS 2nd Pro. Not 1e. I can limit my books to only the ones you specify.
You could go for the stand alone version of TOS+... it should be accessible to most budgets at $12.50... but do wait until the PbP is green-lighted (i.e. enough player) before grabbing the stand alone version!

admin
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
WillShattuck
Level 7 Contributor
Level 7 Contributor

Post by WillShattuck »

I saw a reasoning on why to require TOS+ on discord. No worries. I purchased it didn't want to wait. I've been curious as to how the full version works.. Just waiting for the download link and key to come to me. I'm still interested in this pbp.
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by rednetra »

WillShattuck wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:54 pm I saw a reasoning on why to require TOS+ on discord. No worries. I purchased it didn't want to wait. I've been curious as to how the full version works.. Just waiting for the download link and key to come to me. I'm still interested in this pbp.
Happy to have you aboard. What class are you looking to play. So far we have a monk.
WillShattuck
Level 7 Contributor
Level 7 Contributor

Post by WillShattuck »

rednetra wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:38 pm Happy to have you aboard. What class are you looking to play. So far we have a monk.
Not sure yet. I've been playing the cleric class recently and its variants to get a good handle on all the cleric can do. I might do that here also, or go sorcerer. I have a concept in mind from a book i'm reading that might just work.
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by rednetra »

WillShattuck wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:06 pm
rednetra wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:38 pm Happy to have you aboard. What class are you looking to play. So far we have a monk.
Not sure yet. I've been playing the cleric class recently and its variants to get a good handle on all the cleric can do. I might do that here also, or go sorcerer. I have a concept in mind from a book i'm reading that might just work.
Well just so i can help i have a house rule for Clerics/Druids and such. You do not have to pick your soells tmat the start of the day. You get what ever spell that is allowed at the time of casting. I have played this for years. I always saw this as you are calling upon the god to cast your god can grant. The otherside is if you do not do the stuff to worship your god you can feel distence and start loosing your spells.
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

OK. I'm in. Trying to get another long time TOSer, but first time PBPer to join too.
Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

Hi,
I am the player Electro mentioned above :lol: I am a long time tos-er, very familiar with using it. I have been playing IRL for many many years (player and/or GM). That being said - I am brand new to play by post....

Regarding class preference - I am open to whatever the party needs for any type "balance" - if such a thing is needed in this campaign. I have played many classes even weird hybrids like Skalds. (Hardest thing for me is usually picking the characters name) :hmm:

If your only looking for seasoned play by posters, thats cool - let me know either way.
Image Lola: Amazonian Cleric
Image Tover Lastblock, Gnome Fighter 1
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

dhood64 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:22 am Regarding class preference - I am open to whatever the party needs for any type "balance"
:roll:
Who are you kidding?

He's happiest playing a caster.
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by rednetra »

Well we need a rouge and a arcane spell caster then every major roll is cover. We have 4 players so it looks like we can have a PbP game.
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

OK, one Unchained Rogue coming up. Gee Doug, you get to play a caster!! ;)
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by rednetra »

dhood64 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:22 am Hi,
I am the player Electro mentioned above :lol: I am a long time tos-er, very familiar with using it. I have been playing IRL for many many years (player and/or GM). That being said - I am brand new to play by post....

Regarding class preference - I am open to whatever the party needs for any type "balance" - if such a thing is needed in this campaign. I have played many classes even weird hybrids like Skalds. (Hardest thing for me is usually picking the characters name) :hmm:

If your only looking for seasoned play by posters, thats cool - let me know either way.
I have to agree Nameing the charater is a hard thing for me as well. I never get one that fits just right.
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: The Day by Day adventures of Star City

Post by rednetra »

We now have our Own Location :thumb1:
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

rednetra wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:24 pm We now have our Own Location :thumb1:
I gave you Moderation permission - please verify that you can indeed Moderate your sub-section!

admin
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
Amaril
Squire
Squire

Post by Amaril »

I would like to join your group. I am an experience player, but it will be the first time with play by post and I will need a bit of support.

Thank you.

Jean-François
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by rednetra »

Amaril wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:49 am I would like to join your group. I am an experience player, but it will be the first time with play by post and I will need a bit of support.

Thank you.

Jean-François
then Welcome aboard we are happy to have you. you are the 6th and final player.
Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

Arcane caster:
considered a witch (they can be fun, and everyone likes to cackle at the enemy, but has the pre-memorized spell challenge like wizzo), for flexibility I can make an Arcane Sorcerer.

Let me know stats, if the campaign uses traits, etc.

Looking forward to this.
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by rednetra »

dhood64 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:17 am Arcane caster:
considered a witch (they can be fun, and everyone likes to cackle at the enemy, but has the pre-memorized spell challenge like wizzo), for flexibility I can make an Arcane Sorcerer.

Looking forward to this.
We have an official section in the PbP part and character creation rules and stats are there.
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by rednetra »

Looking forward to this.
Love the witch idea never had one played before. so running one might be interesting
Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

rednetra wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:44 am

Looking forward to this.
We have an official section in the PbP part and character creation rules and stats are there.
Do you mean the section at top of the thread or do we have a specific forum area yet?
Above I see
"Stats Generation: I give you a List of Numbers you put them where you want. always start with at least one 18"
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

dhood64 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:09 pm
Do you mean the section at top of the thread or do we have a specific forum area yet?
Above I see
"Stats Generation: I give you a List of Numbers you put them where you want. always start with at least one 18"
The {PbP} Adventures of Star City {Pathfinder 1e} section is online...
admin
Thanks!!
Twiglet
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Twiglet »

Hi I just heard from Admin that you might have an opening. I am fairly open as to race class and am retired so full availability. Please let me know if I can get in.
Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin

Return to “The Old Die [Old PbP news]”