[Active Thread] The Hall of Harsh Reflections

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: [Active Thread] The Hall of Harsh Reflections

Post by ElectroZman »

kabkal wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:37 am
OUT OF CHARACTER
Not sure what I need to do if I hit to perform the constrict.

OUT OF CHARACTER
I think thats a grab after a successful hit, which allows a free grapple check.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules ... C-Grab-Ex-
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules ... strict-Ex-

admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

OUT OF CHARACTER
These flowcharts might be useful if you don't already have them!
Chart #1
Chart #2

admin
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

kabkal wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:37 am Lola still guarding the door Summons a Constrictor Snake to 6708. The snake in turn will try to constrict Elaxan.
Image to hit
Image damage
OUT OF CHARACTER

OUT OF CHARACTER
This is an excellent plan, but it's going to take a little while to execute.

1. Summon Monster is a 1 round spell, so Lola will begin casting the spell this round (Round 2), using her whole turn
2. The spell will complete, and the snake will appear, at the start of Lola's next turn (in Round 3). She can decide exactly where it appears at that time.
3. The snake can immediately act. You will want it to make a bite attack first. It can't constrict until it's got someone grappled.
4. If it hits with the bite attack, it can make a free CMB check to grapple Elaxan.
5. If the grapple check is successful, the snake will not only have Elaxan grappled, but it will also immediately deal its constrict damage.
6. In subsequent rounds (Round 4 and after), if Elaxan hasn't escaped, the snake will make a CMB check at +5 to maintain the grapple.
7. If successful, it can perform one of the other actions (move, inflict damage, pin) listed in Admin's flow chart #2, plus it will deal its constrict damage.

Completely aside, back when they first introduced Pathfinder, they were all like "We fixed grapple! It's really easy to understand now." That was a lie. All they did was change it. It's just as complicated as it was in 3.5. Just my opinion, though.

Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

patransom wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:47 am
kabkal wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:37 am Lola still guarding the door Summons a Constrictor Snake to 6708. The snake in turn will try to constrict Elaxan.
Image to hit
Image damage
OUT OF CHARACTER

OUT OF CHARACTER

1. Summon Monster is a 1 round spell, so Lola will begin casting the spell this round (Round 2), using her whole turn
2. The spell will complete, and the snake will appear, at the start of Lola's next turn (in Round 3). She can decide exactly where it appears at that time.
3. The snake can immediately act. You will want it to make a bite attack first. It can't constrict until it's got someone grappled.
4. If it hits with the bite attack, it can make a free CMB check to grapple Elaxan.
5. If the grapple check is successful, the snake will not only have Elaxan grappled, but it will also immediately deal its constrict damage.
6. In subsequent rounds (Round 4 and after), if Elaxan hasn't escaped, the snake will make a CMB check at +5 to maintain the grapple.
7. If successful, it can perform one of the other actions (move, inflict damage, pin) listed in Admin's flow chart #2, plus it will deal its constrict damage.

Completely aside, back when they first introduced Pathfinder, they were all like "We fixed grapple! It's really easy to understand now." That was a lie. All they did was change it. It's just as complicated as it was in 3.5. Just my opinion, though.

Lola will take the time to cast this.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

admin wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:27 am
OUT OF CHARACTER
These flowcharts might be useful if you don't already have them!
Chart #1
Chart #2

admin
OUT OF CHARACTER
Thanks I have downloaded them, now to remember to look at them as needed.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
In case the last validation post got scrolled off before some of you saw it, it's here.

Waiting on Cyrius and Ardrea.

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Apparently my last entry got lost in cyberspace.

Cyrius responds to Elaxan's attack on Worel by moving to 0608 and swinging at Elaxan with his mind blade.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

Ardrea will hold her position and use Protective Luck (standard action) on Worrel. Followed up with a Cackle (move action) to extend her active Hexes by another round. (Evil Eye and Protective luck are affected by Cackle)

Protective Luck: Attackers must roll twice and use the lower result.
Teucer Argent - Zen Archer
Image Ardrea - Jinx Witch
Image Mazer: Goblin Champion
Image Arkyat, Orc Thaumaturge
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 2 Continues

Worrel pursues Elaxan across the room, attacking when he closes with the acrobat who just wounded him. A harsh cut from Worrel's sword sends a shred of Elaxan's skin flying into the air [16 hp damage]

Lola, still guarding the door, begins casting a summoning spell.

Tex stands where he is and rapidly fires at Elxan 3 times, loading 2 arrows up for the first shot. None of the 4 arrows hit. Tex covers his disappointment by calling out, Final Warning Elaxan!

Round 3 Begins

Ardrea hovers, holding her position, and uses Protective Luck on Worrel, followed up with a Cackle.

Prost tracks Elaxan, while reloading his Slingstaff and fires. His shot produces a solid but dull thud as it rams into the man [8 hp damage]

Cyrius responds to Elaxan's attack on Worrel by moving up to Elaxan and swinging with his mind blade. He misses.

Elaxan tries to tumble away from Cyrius and Worrel, but he stumbles over a chair, giving both men an opening to strike [Acrobatics: extreme failure]. Worrel misses, but Cyrius, with a casual twist of his wrist, carves a notch out of Elaxan [natural 20; crit not confirmed, but 11 hp damage anyway]. Regaining his balance, Elaxan weaves around some tables to arrive near the front of the stage. Grimacing at his wounds, he drops his dagger and retrieves a potion from a pocket in his clothes.

ACTIVE EFFECTS
The tavern patrons are indifferent. You can move through their spaces without penalty, but cannot end your move sharing a space with them. They count as cover against ranged attacks.

Evil Eye on Elaxan: -2 to saves, 1 round left
Protective Luck on Worrel: attackers must roll twice and use the lower result, 1 round left

Round 3 Continues
1. Worrel: unarmored, sword and shield readied, 7 hp damage
2. Lola: armored, +1 short sword readied
3. Tex: fully equipped, 2 potions of CMW left, 29 arrows left
Round 4 Begins
4. Ardrea: bracers, amulet, ring, cloak, spell pouch, MW dagger sheathed, flight hex 5.7 minutes left today
5. Prost: armored, haversack, unloaded sling staff readied, 46 bullets left, 13 hp damage
5a. Fluffy
6. Cyrius: unarmored, mind blade longsword and mind blade shield readied
7. Elaxan: potion and short sword readied, also seems to have some weird ability to make lethal unarmed strikes, 35 hp damage
Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

Ardrea will maintain her flight, she has to use it in one minute increments.

Fly check: 1d20 + 6 + 4 (good maneuverability)

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

Tex fires again as before.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Jinxs-3d wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:54 pm Ardrea will maintain her flight, she has to use it in one minute increments.

Fly check: 1d20 + 6 + 4 (good maneuverability)

OUT OF CHARACTER
Excellent. Updated above. Don't forget to post a Round 4 action.

Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

Ardrea focuses her attention on Elaxan and uses her Evil Eye hex this time targeting AC. DC 17; -2 to AC, 1 round if saves, 7 rounds if not. She will continue to hold her positon, and use her move action to Cackle and maintain her active hexes.

Fly Check:
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

patransom wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:47 am
Image to hit
Image damage
OUT OF CHARACTER

OUT OF CHARACTER

Lola is going to complete the spell this round, and continue with the plan as stated.
OUT OF CHARACTER
If I need to reroll I will, otherwise just use the previous rolls since they were for this anyway.

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius charges his mind blade with psychic energy and hurls it at Elaxan.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

kabkal wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:39 amLola is going to complete the spell this round, and continue with the plan as stated.
OUT OF CHARACTER
If I need to reroll I will, otherwise just use the previous rolls since they were for this anyway.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Got it. I will use the previous rolls for the snake. But... the spell completes at the start of Lola's round, so she also has a full round of actions of her own she can take! What does she want to do?

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost switches to +1 bullets sending one, special delivery to Elaxan's forehead.
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel pursues Elaxan across the room, striking again with his sword when he closes.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Move - 30 ft to 1009
Attack with longsword

Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

patransom wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:57 pm
kabkal wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:39 amLola is going to complete the spell this round, and continue with the plan as stated.
OUT OF CHARACTER

OUT OF CHARACTER
Got it. I will use the previous rolls for the snake. But... the spell completes at the start of Lola's round, so she also has a full round of actions of her own she can take! What does she want to do?

Since the dude moved, I will place the snake at 1109 next to him.

My turn I will move up to 1111 and attack with my +1 sword.
Image to hit
Image damage if hits
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 3 Continues

Worrel pursues Elaxan across the room, striking again with his sword when he closes. A harsh ripping sound erupts from the man's body [18 hp damage].

Lola's summoned celestial constrictor snake appears next to Elaxan. It tries to bite and get a hold on the slippery fellow, but misses. Lola herself moves up and attacks with her magic sword. She also misses.

Tex fires again as before. Visualizing a bulls-eye, he lets loose a double-arrow shot that hits dead center [12 hp damage]. His follow up shots are not as accurate.

Round 4 Begins

Ardrea focuses her attention on Elaxan and uses her Evil Eye hex, hoping to make him easier to hit. Thanks to the previous hex, Elaxan is fully affected. Ardrea continues to hover and Cackles to maintain her active hexes.

Prost switches to magic bullets sending one, special delivery to Elaxan's forehead. His shot crashes down like a strike of lightning. Unlucky for Elaxan, as dodging lightning may have presented a better chance of survival [6 hp damage]. Elaxan falls to the floor, bleeding and unconscious.

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Combat is over, but I'll continue to track rounds for a bit, since there are still some timed effects in play.

Evil Eye on Elaxan: -2 to saves, 1 round left; -2 to AC, 7 rounds left
Protective Luck on Worrel: attackers must roll twice and use the lower result, 1 round left
Summoned Celestial Constrictor Snake: 5 rounds left

Worrel: unarmored, sword and shield readied, 7 hp damage
Lola: armored, +1 short sword readied
Tex: fully equipped, 2 potions of CMW left, 25 arrows left
Ardrea: bracers, amulet, ring, cloak, spell pouch, MW dagger sheathed, flight hex 5.5 minutes left today
Prost: armored, haversack, unloaded sling staff readied, 46 bullets left, 22 +1 bullets left, 13 hp damage
Cyrius: unarmored, mind blade longsword and mind blade shield readied

Elaxan: dagger, potion, and short sword dropped, 60 hp damage, unconscious and bleeding
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

Tex says, We want him alive!
He moves to Elaxan and trys to stop the bleeding. If someone else who is better than him at healing, he turns his attention to binding Elaxan so he can't escape. Again, if someone better at this steps in, he will just assist them.
Heal check
Rope check
Tex shakes his head, Prost, can you make sure these knots are good?
Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

Ardrea can cast the cantrip Stabilize on Elexan as well as she did for the Chimera. Once he is properly secured. She will stabilize his wounds.

We should bind his eyes as well. He doesn't need to see us to answer questions.
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

"I am not any more skilled than you, Tex," replies Worrel. "Although I can call upon Mitra for healing, if required. And, I agree that we need to be able to speak with Elaxan."

Worrel stands back, blood still dripping from his sword. He starts to clean his weapon, deciding against using the dripping blade to threaten Elaxan.
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will release the snake and then give up Remove Fear to cast Cure Light Wounds.

She is a little upset at the gods healing him so well.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Ardrea stabilizes Elaxan while Tex binds the man with some rope from his pack.

Lola dismisses the snake, then casts a spell that brings Elaxan back to consciousness. He looks surprised to be alive.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Which 1st level spell will Lola give up to cast cure light wounds?

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Worrel: unarmored, sword and shield readied, 7 hp damage
Lola: armored, +1 short sword readied
Tex: fully equipped, 2 potions of CMW left, 25 arrows left
Ardrea: bracers, amulet, ring, cloak, spell pouch, MW dagger sheathed, flight hex 5 minutes left today
Prost: armored, haversack, unloaded sling staff readied, 46 bullets left, 22 +1 bullets left, 13 hp damage
Cyrius: unarmored, mind blade longsword and mind blade shield readied

Elaxan: dagger, potion, and short sword dropped, bound, 48 hp damage
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost stands by observing Elaxan closely. Not trusting yet that he is no longer a threat.He may still be a threat search him
Prost searches him taking away anything that may be used against the party (removing any rings, bracers, necklaces, weapons, or other items he perceives as being a threat. Prost, given time will strip him nearly naked.)
Prost also tries to determine his race and anything about his origin.
Prost shares any discoveries with party.
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

patransom wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:16 am Ardrea stabilizes Elaxan while Tex binds the man with some rope from his pack.

Lola dismisses the snake, then casts a spell that brings Elaxan back to consciousness. He looks surprised to be alive.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Which 1st level spell will Lola give up to cast cure light wounds?

OUT OF CHARACTER
Remove Fear

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Prost searches Elaxan and finds the following:
  • 2 daggers
  • A potion
  • A pouch containing 17 silver pieces and a strangely shaped key attached to a small keychain
He's got studded leather armor and thick leather boots, but these will require some effort (possibly untying him) to remove from his person. Also nearby are the things Elaxan dropped:
  • A short sword
  • Another dagger
  • Another potion
Elaxan's appearance is otherwise very nondescript. He's a human of mixed origin, like many in the city. He's wearing fairly decent clothing, similar to what you might expect from a successful merchant.

As Prost goes through his belongings, Elaxan says loudly, So, not only do you attack our honored innkeeper and myself, but now you want to rob me too?

The crowd doesn't seem particularly moved by this. In fact, some of them start asking Tarquin for drinks. Tarquin, still holding a bloody dagger, replies, No more drinking tonight. Please fetch the watch. We'll need them to sort this out. He still looks a little frightened of Lola.
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

Does the dagger Tarquin holds bear any resemblance to the daggers carried on Elaxan?
perception:
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel will concentrate for a moment to determine whether Elaxan or any of the items carry the taint of evil.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Detect Evil

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”