[Active Thread] The Hall of Harsh Reflections

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Re: [Active Thread] The Hall of Harsh Reflections

Post by smeltdm »

If possible Prost will move to 1306, five feet down. Five feet to east and then diagnoly up five feet.
OUT OF CHARACTER
With his short stature dose he have some cover and is there any structure near or holes in the floor in near by room(thinking about dropping gaseous form), short of coming up an other 5’ putting him at the same level or direct line of sight of “?” , and did I miss something the ? Is what?

Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
The ? is where Prost thinks the invisible attacker is, based on where he felt the last blow coming from. It's at the same level he, is, below the planks. He thinks it must be flying also.

If that's where it is, it currently has direct line of sight to him and he has no cover from it. There are no structures or holes in the floor that is near the door.

Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

patransom wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:39 am
OUT OF CHARACTER
The ? is where Prost thinks the invisible attacker is, based on where he felt the last blow coming from. It's at the same level he, is, below the planks. He thinks it must be flying also.

If that's where it is, it currently has direct line of sight to him and he has no cover from it. There are no structures or holes in the floor that is near the door.

Thanks Pat

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

ROUND 2 CONTINUES

Real Lola steps to the side, draws her shortsword, and casts Bless.

Real Tex steps back into the hallway and swings at Fake Tex, missing twice.

Real Worrel continues attacking, reversing his swing to first catch Fake Lola before continuing on to attack the Fake duplicate of himself. Having gauged the mettle of his opponents, Worrel puts all of his might into the attack. As a result, nothing can stop him from viciously hewing the life from Fake Lola's body [12 hp damage kills Fake Lola]. As she collapses, her features transform, revealing her as a doppelganger (to no one's surprise). Real Worrel's cleaving stroke also breaks through Fake Worrel's guard and carves into their anatomy [14 hp damage].

ROUND 3 BEGINS

Ardrea cackles to keep the hex up on Tex, then retrieves her feather token (whip) from her Handy Haversack pack.

Cyrius takes a step to flank his evil twin, charges his mind blade with psychic energy, and swings at his foes. With a tricky pivot, he cuts Fake Cyrius down with his psychically powered stroke [17 hp damage kills Fake Cyrius]. Like Lola, his face changes when he dies, showing the blank features of a doppelganger.

Real Prost drops down, then floats over and up toward the platform. As he passes underneath the suspected location of his invisible enemy, he feels the force of a blow that does no real damage [withdraw action doesn't prevent AoO in second square left; 9 hp damage absorbed by DR 10/magic]

Fluffy turns his attention to Fake Worrel, but misses completely.

Real Prost feels somewhat more solid blow from his invisible enemy [1 hp damage after DR 10/magic]

From out of nowhere, Real Tex feels two blows that slam into him with teeth-rattling force [25 hp damage total from invisible attacker]

Fake Prost steps directly beneath Ardrea and strikes Real Tex. His punch finds a sensitive spot and does more damage than expected [15 hp damage, due to sneak attack]

Fake Ardrea steps up and one of her claws grates across Real Tex, leaving lacerated wounds [6 hp damage]

A tricky chop from one of Fake Worrel's claws catches Real Worrel by surprise [10 hp damage]. Fake Worrel takes one step back, retreating cautiously up the hall.

Fake Tex connects with Real Tex with both claws. Combined, the momentous force of his attacks leave Real Tex thrashing about on the floor [24 hp damage total brings Tex below 0, unconscious and bleeding out] Note: Protective Luck prevented one critical this turn, but otherwise all of Tex's attackers have rolled ridiculously well, even taking the lowest result. Bad Luck.

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Protective Luck on Tex (ends on Ardrea's turn)

Bless (all PCs except Prost): 5.9 minutes remaining

I've put question marks where you suspect the invisible attackers might be located

ROUND 3 CONTINUES

1. Real Lola - short sword readied, 35 bolts left, 2 channel energy left, 10 hp damage

2. Real Tex - axe dropped, 104 arrows left, 80 hp damage, unconscious and bleeding

3. Real Worrel - sword and shield readied, 2 lay on hands left, 10 hp damage

ROUND 4 BEGINS

4. Real Ardrea - staff and feather token (whip) readied

5. Real Cyrius - mind blade longsword readied

6. Real Prost - loaded slingstaff readied, 38 bullets left, gaseous form, 3 hp damage

7. Fluffy

8. Invisible Attackers - somewhere near Prost and Tex?

9. Fake Prost

10. Fake Lola - 29 hp damage

11. Fake Cyrius - 29 hp damage

12. Fake Worrel - 25 hp damage

13. Fake Ardrea

14. Fake Tex - 5 hp damage
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel steps forward to continue attacking the doppelganger wearing his face.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Free - 5 ft step to 1117
Full Attack (with Power Attack) -

Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost makes his move for the door and will try to, move through it. (Looking for any small space we’re air can get through)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Oh! Prost is 10' down, sorry, so Prost moves up as close as he can get to door, checking for traps and trying to perceive a way through the door...air can pass thru...hoping

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry Pat. Is that too many actions. FYI I'm out of town till next Monday

Last edited by smeltdm on Thu May 25, 2023 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

Lola will cast Spiritual Weapon (6 rnds, +8 to hit, 1d8+2 dam) form of Artemis's Shortsword above Tex's body @1014 to defend him and takes a swing at fake Tex.

if that hits
Image Lola: Amazonian Cleric
Image Tover Lastblock, Gnome Fighter 1
Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

Ardrea will active the feather token whip and command it to begin attacking the nearest doppleganger.

Whip: A token that forms into a huge leather whip and wields itself against any opponent desired just like a dancing weapon. The weapon has a +10 base attack bonus, does 1d6+1 points of nonlethal damage, has a +1 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls, and a makes a free grapple attack (with a +15 bonus on its combat maneuver checks) if it hits. The whip lasts no longer than 1 hour.
Teucer Argent - Zen Archer
Image Ardrea - Jinx Witch
Image Mazer: Goblin Champion
Image Arkyat, Orc Thaumaturge
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
With Tex unconscious, just waiting on Cyrius

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius movws to 1016 (inviting an Attack of Opportunity from Evil Worrell) and strikes at Evil Worrell.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

ROUND 3 CONTINUES

Real Lola casts Spiritual Weapon in the form of Artemis's Shortsword above Tex's body to defend him. The sword takes a swing at fake Tex, but misses.

Real Tex bleeds [1 hp damage]

Real Worrel steps forward to continue attacking the doppelganger wearing his face, slicing away the enemy's life with an expanding gash of a wound [11 hp damage takes out Fake Worrell].

ROUND 4 BEGINS

Real Ardrea actives the feather token whip and commands it to begin attacking the nearest doppleganger. The whip lands a strike on Fake Prost with a sharp cracking sound [7 hp nonlethal damage], then wraps around him in a grapple.

Real Cyrius moves up and strikes at the now grappled Fake Prost. He whirls his mindblade high in the air and brings it down to catch the doppelganger's midsection [5 hp damage]

Real Prost floats up and over onto the platform near the door [Withdraw action prevents AoO]. He can see that the door has plenty of room for him to squeeze through in gaseous form.

Fluffy follows his instructions to guard Cyrius and moves up to bite at Fake Prost. He misses.

From in front of the door, Prost hears a voice call out in an unfamiliar language and feels a whoosh of air as if from a blow that just barely missed him.

Fake Prost squirms and manages to break free from the whip's grapple. He takes a step away from Cyrius and says to his allies, Umm, I think we need to regroup in a more advantageous position...

Fake Ardrea says, You are right, Ixiaxian, this deception is not working as she retreats into the room with the planks.

Fake Tex likewise moves farther back into the next room.

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Bless (all PCs except Prost): 5.9 minutes remaining
Spiritual Weapon: +8 to hit, 1d8+2 damage, 5 rounds remaining
Feather Token Whip: +10 BAB, 1d6+1 nonlethal, free grapple attack (with a +15 bonus on its combat maneuver checks) if it hits; 59.9 minutes remaining

I've put question marks where you suspect the invisible attackers might be located

ROUND 4 CONTINUES

1. Real Lola - short sword readied, 35 bolts left, 2 channel energy left, 10 hp damage

2. Real Tex - axe dropped, 104 arrows left, 81 hp damage, unconscious and bleeding

ROUND 5 BEGINS

4. Real Ardrea - staff readied

5. Real Cyrius - mind blade longsword readied

6. Real Prost - loaded slingstaff readied, 38 bullets left, gaseous form, 3 hp damage

7. Fluffy

8. Invisible Attackers (?) - one somewhere near Prost, other whereabouts unknown

9. Fake Prost - 12 hp damage including 7 nonlethal

12. Fake Worrel - 36 hp damage

13. Fake Ardrea

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost quietly moves through the door and holds action depending on what he sees

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel moves forward, past Fluffy so that he can attack the doppelganger standing over Tex.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Move - 10 ft to 1115
Power Attack - Fake Prost

Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

Artemis's Shortsword above Tex's body @1014 moves to near 1111 to continue target fake Tex but clearly a miss
OUT OF CHARACTER
spell says only switching target takes a move action from Lola so long as in 160 ft range

Lola sighs at the enemy repositioning and on her miss... sheathes her shortsword and picks up her crossbow.
Lola 5' steps to 1018
Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

Ardrea will cast her cantrip 'Stabilize' on Tex to stop him from bleeding.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting on Cyrius, but I am out of town until Thursday, so I will update next weekend probably

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius charges his mindblade with psychic energy and waits beside Fluffy, keeping an eye on the rear, ready to strike at any enemy who might appear.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

ROUND 4 CONTINUES

Artemis's Shortsword continues to target fake Tex but misses. Real Lola Lola sighs at the enemy repositioning and on her miss. He sheathes her shortsword, picks up her crossbow, and steps forward.

Real Tex bleeds [1 hp damage]

Real Worrel moves forward, past Fluffy so that he can attack the doppelganger standing over Tex. A powerful stroke connects, lopping off a small portion of Fake Prost [15 hp damage]

ROUND 5 BEGINS

The feather token whip narrowly misses Fake Prost. Real Ardrea casts her cantrip 'Stabilize' on Tex to stop him from bleeding.

Real Cyrius charges his mindblade with psychic energy and waits beside Fluffy, keeping an eye on the rear, ready to strike at any enemy who might appear.

Real Prost quietly moves through the door. He feels a blow from an invisible attacker as he goes, but it does no harm [8 hp damage absorbed by DR]. The large chamber on the other side of the door is empty aside from two holes in the floor, one a jagged rip where the floor has fallen away (at 1209), the other a perfectly square opening with a shaft leading down (at 1412 to 1513). The shaft is full of water after about thirty-five feet and a wooden barrel bobs on the surface. A crude rope ladder descends to the surface of the water.

Fluffy continues guarding Cyrius.

The door behind Prost opens and he feels a near miss from behind him. Then, from in front of him comes a bone-jarring hit that sends shockwaves vibrating through his gaseous body [critical hit does 13 hp damage after DR].
OUT OF CHARACTER
EDIT: this hit should have bounced off; gaseous form makes Prost immune to critical hits; corrected below

Fake Prost withdraws into the other room.

Fake Ardrea and Fake Tex remain where they are, but look ready to react if anyone approaches.

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Bless (all PCs except Prost): 5.8 minutes remaining
Spiritual Weapon: +8 to hit, 1d8+2 damage, 4 rounds remaining
Feather Token Whip: +10 BAB, 1d6+1 nonlethal, free grapple attack (with a +15 bonus on its combat maneuver checks) if it hits; 59.8 minutes remaining

ROUND 5 CONTINUES

2. Real Tex - axe dropped, 104 arrows left, 82 hp damage, unconscious, but stable

ROUND 6 BEGINS

4. Real Ardrea - staff readied

5. Real Cyrius - charged mind blade longsword readied

6. Real Prost - loaded slingstaff readied, 38 bullets left, gaseous form, 16 3 hp damage

7. Fluffy

8. Invisible Attackers (?) - near Prost

9. Fake Prost - 27 hp damage including 7 nonlethal

13. Fake Ardrea

Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

Artemis's Shortsword continues to target fake Tex, hits with natural 20, and I think confirms the crit
rolling dam separately in case confirmation not a hit

Smiling at the hit, she steps back to 1019 to ensure no enemies healed with her channel thinking THINKING: I really need to learn Selective Channel !, hoping to get Tex back on his feat while topping off the other 2 in range hurt people <Sorry Prost>

and says Ardea do you have a healing spell to help Tex?
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Pat, in Prost last action, he was holding action depending on what he saw. Prost would have moved the remander of his movement to the Jagged hole in the floor. If that’s possible, then Prost will move another 10 feet to the hole and drop down if he can.

Prost moves to the jagged hole in the floor…

Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

Ardrea will use her ring of minor spell storing and use one of the cure light wounds stored on the unconscious Tex.

For a total of 6 hp's healed (+1 at minimum spell level).
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

smeltdm wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:02 pm
OUT OF CHARACTER
Pat, in Prost last action, he was holding action depending on what he saw. Prost would have moved the remander of his movement to the Jagged hole in the floor. If that’s possible, then Prost will move another 10 feet to the hole and drop down if he can.

Prost moves to the jagged hole in the floor…
OUT OF CHARACTER
Okay, Prost had movement left to approach the hole and take a look. Below the floor of the room, it's 10 feet down to water and the walls are still mostly intact down to the water surface, creating a sort of odd-shaped, empty floorless room underneath this one (red dotted outline in the attached picture). Does Prost still want to drop down this turn or do something else?

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

OUT OF CHARACTER
sorry, I have to ask the question, when you say the walls are mostly intact, does that mean they’re also pores/not in good repair with gaps and gas can get through? If they are then Prost will drop down with the intent investigate the space below and thinking the invisible attacker can not follow. If he finds an opening he may have other options of moving through the wall to the west.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

smeltdm wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:26 pm
OUT OF CHARACTER
sorry, I have to ask the question, when you say the walls are mostly intact, does that mean they’re also pores/not in good repair with gaps and gas can get through? If they are then Prost will drop down with the intent investigate the space below and thinking the invisible attacker can not follow. If he finds an opening he may have other options of moving through the wall to the west.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Yes, the walls definitely have gaps Prost can go through in gaseous form, except to the south and around the shaft at 1412-1513

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost will then drop through at the jagged hole

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting on Worrel and Cyrius

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel advances past the fallen Tex to stand between the imposter Prost and his companion. Once in place, Worrel attacks the doppelganger.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Move - 10 ft to 1013
Attack

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius advances to 1112 and swings his psychically charged mindblade at Evil Texudus.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

ROUND 5 CONTINUES

Artemis's Shortsword continues to target fake Tex with a thrust that begins high overhead, dives down past the doppelganger's defense and hits hard [critical confirmed for 9 hp damage]. Smiling at the hit, Lola steps back to ensure no enemies are healed with her channel thinking THINKING: I really need to learn Selective Channel! [Tex, Lola, and Worrel each healed 10 hp]

Now conscious, Real Tex picks up his axe and stands up.

Real Worrel advances past Tex to stand between the imposter Prost and his companion. Once in place, Worrel attacks the doppelganger. A swift slash rends through Fake Prost with a fleshy wet sound [11 hp damage]

ROUND 6 BEGINS

Real Ardrea flies down to where she can touch Tex and uses her ring of minor spell storing to cast one of the cure light wounds stored on the dwarf [Tex healed 5 hp].

Real Cyrius advances to swing his psychically charged mindblade at Evil Texudus. Before the blade connects, however, the doppelganger reacts with a sweeping strike connects with Cyrius' leg [readied action does 7 hp damage]. In spite of this, Cyrius' swift, advancing step leaves the enemy unable to defend against the attack [9 hp damage]

Real Prost drops through the jagged hole into the rough, watery "basement" of the other room.

Fluffy moves forward to guard Cyrius and attacks Fake Tex. His bite lashes through the imposter's defenses with a resounding chomp! When Fluffy's teeth pull away, chunks of flesh fall off from the other side of the wound, leaving an opening on both sides. The phony dwarf collapses and transforms back into a doppelganger, quite dead [4 hp damage kills Fake Tex]

Prost hears a sibilant voice speaking in an unknown language from somewhere up above. He feels contact from two blows, one from directly above and the other from above and to the north. These attacks do no harm to his misty form [two hits for 10 hp each absorbed by DR]

Fake Prost takes a step away from Worrel and Fake Ardrea moves in front of him. The counterfeit witch's claws cannot get past Worrel's shield, though.

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Bless (all PCs except Prost): 5.7 minutes remaining
Spiritual Weapon: +8 to hit, 1d8+2 damage, 3 rounds remaining
Feather Token Whip: +10 BAB, 1d6+1 nonlethal, free grapple attack (with a +15 bonus on its combat maneuver checks) if it hits; 59.7 minutes remaining

I've put question marks where you suspect the invisible attackers might be located. The solid red lines are solid walls in the "basement" room. The dashed red lines have holes easily big enough for a gaseous halfling to move through.

ROUND 6 CONTINUES

1. Real Lola - short sword readied, 35 bolts left, 1 channel energy left

2. Real Tex - axe readied, 104 arrows left, 67 hp damage

3. Real Worrel - sword and shield readied, 2 lay on hands left

ROUND 7 BEGINS

4. Real Ardrea - staff readied, fly 0.6 minutes remaining in this 1 minute increment

5. Real Cyrius - uncharged mind blade longsword readied, 7 hp damage

7. Fluffy

8. Invisible Attackers (?) - near Prost

9. Fake Prost - 38 hp damage including 7 nonlethal

13. Fake Ardrea

14. Fake Tex - 27 hp damage
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost moves to 1110 through the wall and moves up five feet.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Pat, you think I would remember, but Prost will in his ghostly gaseous from try to warn the others about the two invisible creatures in the other room, if he can't, I understood

Last edited by smeltdm on Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”