PROLOGUE

When a draconic predator threatens the food supply of a northern village, it is up to a group of heroes to track the creature back to its lair and end the threat it poses.
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: PROLOGUE

Post by ElectroZman »

Well Done Ixil!, Siril roars.

He buys the gnome another mead!
JellyBrains
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by JellyBrains »

Van chats with the fishermen trying to get their opinions about the monster as well as (openly) pumping them for information about the terrain surrounding Whitefang Bay.
Relkyn
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by Relkyn »

Ixil comes back to the table with a large amount of funds. He then speaks with Siril I have to count my funds but I am willing to part with some since you listened to the performance. I wonder if they have any more food. What skills do you bring to the job, just curious. He then sits back to listen to the Elf.
He who doesn't learn from History is doomed to repeat it.
Relkyn

Image Ixil: Gnome Bard
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by rednetra »

Still looking disgusted, Zan then looks at Van You want to look around more? I can’t shift again till I meditate for about 10 or 15 minutes. he reaches his into my pocket pulled out a hand full of nuts and start munching away as if this is a normal thing.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting on @Van (@Zan asked him a question...)

JellyBrains
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by JellyBrains »

OUT OF CHARACTER
I don't see a question. Unless you mean "You want to look around more."

In which case the answer is "Not really, once I finish with these gentlemen." Turning to the fishermen, "By the way, how long does it take to dry these fish? How long have these been drying?"
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

General Store of Aaminiut (interior location) {FALAS + MAZER}
Four pints of oil for our goblin friend and two pints of oil for our elven friend, Gertrude cheerfully fulfills the orders of her patrons. Oh, and take these torches as well, on the house! she adds, handing a torch to Falas and another to Mazer. You can use these to light the flasks you intend to throw. Good luck hunting that animal! Her face beams with hope and encouragement as the two companions leave.

As Falas and Mazer head to The White Seal Inn, they observe a few people engrossed in reading the notice board. It becomes apparent that the news of the newly posted bounty will soon spread throughout the entire town. Gossip tends to circulate at an astonishing pace, spreading faster than wildfire fueled by strong winds.

As Falas and Mazer arrive at The White Seal Inn, their senses tantalized by the tasty aromas wafting through the air. These tantalizing scents serve as a poignant reminder of their hunger and how long it has been since they enjoyed a satisfying meal. They also notice the curious gazes directed at Mazer, likely due to the rarity of goblins frequenting such establishments. As they approach the bar, they spot Ixil and Siril engaged in conversation with the innkeeper, with the understanding that Siril has just paid 13 copper pieces for his accommodations (bedding) and meals (evening + breakfast).

Western shore of Aaminiut (exterior location): {VAN + ZAN}
Van engages in a conversation with the fishermen, seeking their insights regarding the animal responsible for the fish theft and gathering information about the terrain surrounding Whitefang Bay. With the bay frozen over during this time of year, traversing it generally poses no significant problems, although caution is necessary as certain areas may have thinner ice and pose hazards.

Despite Van's inquiries, the fishermen cannot provide any additional information about the elusive fish-stealing animal. However, one of them suggests that it might be a Polar Bear causing the trouble. Van is unsure whether the fisherman is joking or genuinely believes it to be a Polar Bear.

Curious about the fish-drying process, Van asks the fishermen how long it takes to air-dry the fish. Patiently, the other fisherman explains, The drying time varies depending on the number of sunny days and, more importantly, the amount of wind that blows over the skinned and filleted fish. Once they are sufficiently dried, the fillets can be pounded with a meat mallet, making them easier to store and eat. They can be gnawed on as dry fish slabs or added to soups and stews to rehydrate them as needed. The fisherman wears a content smile as he imparts his knowledge.

He further elaborates, As you can see, we strategically position the drying racks near the shoreline to maximize exposure to the westward wind. If you visit the inn in town, you'll likely enjoy fish that has been dried here. His simple smile conveys his satisfaction.

As Van and Zan bid farewell to the fishermen, one of them courteously adds, If you plan on changing your shape around the racks, please let us know beforehand to avoid inadvertently harpooning you. he says.

Van and Zan then proceed to The White Seal Inn, arriving a few minutes after Falas and Mazer.

The White Seal Inn (interior location) {IXIL + SIRIL}
Rudoff swiftly collects the two silver coins from the counter, and in return, he places seven copper pieces in front of Siril as change. Here you are, kind sir, Rudoff says with a warm smile. Welcome to the White Seal Inn, the finest establishment in all of Aaminiut. Your board and lodgings for tonight and tomorrow morning are covered, he confirms, appreciating the opportunity to serve the esteemed guest. He promptly serves Siril a large tankard of cold, frothy beer, ensuring his comfort and satisfaction.

Shifting his attention to Ixil, Rudoff inquires, And what about you, Sir Bard? Have you made a decision regarding your lodgings? It will be 13 copper pieces for your stay. He patiently awaits Ixil's payment, ready to provide the bard with a cozy space for the night.

Both Falas and Mazer arrives besides Van and Zan.
Van and Zan arrive a few minutes later.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Everyone is at the The White Seal Inn.

Inn Payment tracking for evening meal, breakfast and a bed for the night (13 CP total)
:invalid: Falas: Elven Rogue
:invalid: Ixil: Gnome Bard
:invalid: Mazer: Goblin Champion
:valid: Siril: Elven Ranger
:invalid: Van: Human Cleric
:invalid: Zan: Gnome Druid
OUT OF CHARACTER
Ixil first Performance roll acknowledged (20 rolled) - This will be applied to the early evening. Ixil will (if he wishes) be able to roll a second Performance for the Late evening (there will be other Patrons later). Feel free to add details to the Role-Play aspect of exactly what type of Performance Ixil presents to his audience....

JellyBrains
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by JellyBrains »

Van greets the group at the inn,Well met. Nothing to report on the monster hunting front. I will say that the locals seem quite vigilant, but I'll leave that tale to Zan.Thoughtfully,With all the fish we saw drying, I wouldn't be surprised if there's another raid before we leave.Looking around for the innkeeper, Van readies his payment; wanting to clear his mind of business and enjoy the company, ale, food, music and warmth, warmth, warmth.Oh, one last thing. Did you notice if the store had fishing gear?
Relkyn
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by Relkyn »

Ixil thought the early evening went well. After the mandolin playing, he picked up the coins left by the patrons, after which Ixil went to the Innkeeper paid his 13 coppers and asked about the cost for an evening meal. My good sir, I have need of an evening meal. Is that included in the 13 I have already paid. I will also be happy to play for the evening patrons. I plan to sing and play the mandolin and tell a few stories of the southern peoples. THINKING: I can tell of the royal scandals from the view of a noble and what the common man has heard. Ixil waited on the reply and
OUT OF CHARACTER
rolled a diplomacy check to see if the owner would give him a discount on the meal.

then proceeded to sit with Siril and drink his second mead. He would save most of until he had his food. He planned to just nurse his last one of the night during his performance. He definitely did not want to get drunk or have a hangover for the trip over the ice.

He used his listening abilities perceptibly to see if he could glean any more information from the patrons.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I roll perception for this bit.

THINKING: I hate taverns with no small tables.
Relkyn

Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

Mazer replies to Van: I'm afraid I didn't think to ask. Although it seemed to be well stocked and I'd be surprised if the mistress that runs it didn't have that sort of thing.

Mazer looks up at the tall innkeeper asking Would you have additional room and food available? A small room would be sufficient, and a large plate. The man at the notice board mentioned you have reasonable rates. I think he said 13 copper. Would that be correct?
Assuming this is correct and the food isn't outrageous he pays the asked for sum.
Teucer Argent - Zen Archer
Image Ardrea - Jinx Witch
Image Mazer: Goblin Champion
Image Arkyat, Orc Thaumaturge
JellyBrains
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by JellyBrains »

Van pays 13 cp as well
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

Siril hands Ixil another mead, Well Ixil, I'm what some folks call a ranger. Mostly hunting and trapping to keep the clan fed, but also fending off the occasional raid by orcs and others who think they should take what others have worked for.

He drinks deep from his mug, What about you?
Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

Falas pays 13 cp to the innkeeper, finds the table with the group who was talking to the elders, nods to whomever is sitting there already and says In case I didnt mention it before, my name is Falas then sits down.
OUT OF CHARACTER
To Van's question about fishing gear, he tries to recall if the general store contents, not sure what I would need to roll

Image Lola: Amazonian Cleric
Image Tover Lastblock, Gnome Fighter 1
Relkyn
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by Relkyn »

After a good meal, Ixil began his evening performance. Looking at his mead, he took a small sip. He had a fantastic time getting the crowd to sing one of the only northern folk songs he learned on the caravan. He sang and played.
OUT OF CHARACTER
His evening performance roll is 10.

Last edited by Relkyn on Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Relkyn

rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by rednetra »

Zan come bouncing in looking around for his new friends seeing we’re everyone is he sits down. Looking around at the food he frowns. He pulls out some more nuts and some of his elven bread from his rations. He is still fidgeting “blood fisherman made me waste my about” and he just starts to mumble still eating his ration. Anyone want to jerky. I don’t eat meat. looking around at the tavern. So what’s going on here any good info about the monster. he then will then close his eyes and start to meditate for the next 10 minuet. It is the first time you have seen him sit still

THINKING: Thinking of his life in his elven village and his family and there pet Bear who protected him at a child
Relkyn
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by Relkyn »

Ixil finishes his performance and still has a smile on his face but inside he is in turmoil. He botched the northerners national anthem even though they are far from the capital. THINKING: Maybe if I do an encore with their national anthem they might give me more coin. Anything is better than nothing. You have been a most gracious crowd. I would like to have an encore with your national anthem only I would like your participation for your pride with your country. I know you don’t have the wars here that they have closer to the capital but your fish are a great service to your country. Okay, enough talking let’s sing. Ixil does a tremendous job on the anthem and feels pride in this country And the troops and heroes that dwell within.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Ixil rolls 27. A natural 20 for the encore anthem.

Relkyn

admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

The White Seal Inn (interior location) {EVERYONE}

Van: Human Cleric
Van approaches the innkeeper, Rudoff, introducing himself and politely requesting food and lodging for the night. He discreetly slips 13 copper pieces into Rudoff's palm, a gesture of payment for the services rendered. With a grateful nod, Rudoff accepts the coins, acknowledging Van as his valued guest, and in return, he presents Van with a generous mug of beer.

Welcome, sir! Rudoff exclaims with genuine warmth. Please make yourself comfortable in the common room. We have a talented bard performing tonight, which I hope will lift the spirits of our patrons after those recent thefts, he adds, a glimmer of hope shining in his eyes.

Van, now accompanied by his filled mug, rejoins the others, eager to share the news of the upcoming entertainment and the warm reception received from the innkeeper.

Mazer: Goblin Champion
Rudoff's face lights up with an immense grin as he greets the goblin, clearly delighted by the unusual sight. Well, well! We rarely have goblins gracing our establishment! he exclaims, his voice carrying across the room. After the introductions are made, Rudoff's curiosity about goblins and their tolerance for the cold climate gets the better of him. He ponders for a moment, trying to recall the last time a goblin visited Aaminiut, but ultimately shakes his head with a shrug.

Refocusing on Mazer, Rudoff confirms the arrangements. Very well, my goblin friend. For a meal, a cozy bed for the night, and a hearty breakfast in the morning, it'll be 13 copper pieces, he affirms, deftly accepting the payment handed over by Mazer. In return, Rudoff presents the goblin with a mug of beer, albeit a slightly smaller one compared to those given to the taller patrons. With the transaction complete, Mazer joins the others at the table, clutching the mug in his hands.

The festive atmosphere of the inn grows livelier as the companions settle in, their thirst quenched and their anticipation for the evening's entertainment mounting.

Falas: Elven Rogue
Falas extends a courteous greeting to Rudoff as he introduces himself, promptly handing over the 13 copper pieces for his night's stay. With the transaction complete, Falas rejoins his companions at the table, cradling his own frothy mug of cold beer in his hands.

As for the General Store, Falas didn't thoroughly explore all the available equipment during his visit so he does not know if there was fishing gear.

Zan: Gnome Druid
Zan settles in at the table, joining his newfound companions, but decides to forgo the offer of food and lodging for the night.
Just as they gather, a serving girl gracefully approaches their table, balancing trays of steaming meals in her hands. She begins to serve each of the companions — Falas, Mazer, Siril, and Van — with generous portions of fish accompanied by perfectly cooked potatoes and carrots. The aroma of the freshly prepared meal fills the air, enticing their senses.

With the meals served, the serving girl surprises them by reaching into the pocket of her apron and retrieving four intricately crafted necklaces. She places one around the neck of each companion, explaining their purpose. These necklaces will grant you access to your rooms, she elucidates, pointing towards a staircase tucked away in the corner of the inn, leading to the second-story area. Each necklace showcases a unique animal sculpture, meticulously carved from what appears to be ivory. Falas receives a rat pendant, Mazer a bear, Siril a falcon, and Van a duck

Ixil: Gnome Bard
Ixil decides to temporarily postpone settling his payment with the innkeeper, choosing instead to focus on entertaining the audience gathered at The White Seal Inn. Due to his diminutive stature, a vacant table in the center of the room is designated for him, providing an elevated platform from which he can captivate the patrons surrounding him. With his voice harmonizing with the strumming of his mandolin, Ixil weaves enchanting tales of the southern lands, enchanting his listeners with each melodious note.

However, as Ixil continues to entertain, he becomes acutely aware of his grumbling stomach and parched throat, both hindering his performance. Realizing his oversight, he finds solace in a small mug that arrives, sent by a kind-hearted patron who appreciates his musical talents. Ixil eagerly consumes its contents, feeling revitalized by the timely liquid that quenches his thirst and rejuvenates his voice. Energized, he resumes his enchanting show, which now flows even more effortlessly. Throughout the course of the evening, as patrons depart from the inn, some generously drop coins into the wooden bowl placed beside Ixil.

After some time, Ixil carefully counts the accumulated contributions and discovers a sum of 20 copper pieces nestled within the wooden bowl. Taking out 13 of these coins, he approaches Rudoff, the innkeeper, and offers them as payment for his meal and accommodations. Grateful for Ixil's gesture, Rudoff expresses his appreciation. He then produces a necklace featuring a delicate ivory finch pendant, explaining this will be needed for the room upstairs.

Returning to his table, Ixil indulges in his meal, savoring each bite in solitude, all the while observing the other patrons within the inn. His attention is drawn to a conversation between two individuals, discussing a gnome who mysteriously transformed into a fox in the vicinity of the fish drying area. They mention their close call with the animal who turned out to be a gnome utilizing shape-changing abilities. In agreement, they decide to inform Rudoff about this peculiar incident. Ixil watches curiously as the men make their way to the bar, where they whisper their revelations to Rudoff, who responds with a nod, directing his gaze towards Zan. Ixil can only shrug, puzzled by the situation.

With his companions enjoying the warmth of the central hearth, nestled upon comfortable bear skin couches, Ixil dedicates himself returns to the makeshift stage once more, ready to enchant the remaining patrons with another set of songs and stories. Though the audience has diminished in size, Ixil's mind imagines an atmosphere of vibrant participation, envisioning patrons rising to their feet, singing in unison, and thoroughly enjoying his performance. Sadly, as the night draws to a close, his illusions fade away, and with them, Ixil discovers a mere 2 copper pieces left in the bowl, a modest reward for his heartfelt efforts - and imagination.

Zan: Gnome Druid
While Zan enjoys the comforting warmth of the crackling fire alongside his companions, engrossed in Ixil's captivating performance that has just entered its second part, Rudoff suddenly appears before the gnome.

Sir gnome, I apologize for disturbing your relaxation, but I couldn't help but notice that despite enjoying the hospitality of my inn for these last few hours, you haven't made any purchases from our establishment, Rudoff begins, his tone carrying a blend of firmness and understanding. Moreover, I've been informed that you caused a disturbance earlier today in the fish drying area by employing some form of magic to transform into a fox. While I'm no expert in the ways of magic, I am well aware that such arcane tricks can disrupt the harmony and trust I strive to foster within these walls.

Rudoff pauses, allowing his words to sink in before continuing. If you intend to stay the night, I kindly request that you not only hold your magics to yourself, but also settle the payment for your accommodations now. However, if you have no intention of partaking in the services offered by my inn or wish to use your magical trickery within my walls, I regretfully must ask you to depart. His gaze remains steady, conveying both the weight of the situation and his expectation for a prompt decision from the gnome.

Inn Payment tracking for evening meal, breakfast and a bed for the night (13 CP total)
:valid: Falas: Elven Rogue (Rat necklace)
:valid: Ixil: Gnome Bard (Finch necklace)
:valid: Mazer: Goblin Champion (Bear necklace)
:valid: Siril: Elven Ranger (Falcon necklace)
:valid: Van: Human Cleric (Duck necklace)
:invalid: Zan: Gnome Druid
Relkyn
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by Relkyn »

@Siril Before the evening performance, Ixil replies to Siril. As you can see right now I am a Gnome bard. I grew up in the Noble house of Geekreego. I am next in-line to be Duke in our corner of Golarion. I was told I needed some life experience prior to taking the throne. In battle I have a few spells I can cast and my singing or playing my mandolin or even acting can inspire those I am with. I am not much help with outdoor stuff. I didn’t realize that I would need that ever. Anyway, I found that I was able to talk to people and keep good manners unless deceit is needed. I am pretty good at that as well. Ixil leaves and comes back after his encore. He never finished his drink so he ordered another and asked the group that had joined at the table. Hello. I am Ixil in case you had forgotten. What did you all find out about town?
Relkyn

Relkyn
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by Relkyn »

With nine coppers left from his performance, Ixil gives 4 coppers to Siril for his talk while they were resting before the evening began. He pledges to the group that he will keep funds for the group and split it evenly after the bounty is earned to start the fund he will put in 2 coppers to the group fund.
Relkyn

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

Siril refuses the coppers with a friendly wave, You earned those master Bard, not I.
Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

Falas adjusts his bandolier of daggers to be more comfortable, and says We didnt explore the store fully, but it was well stocked with a nice shopkeeper...but with limited funds we just bought some oil. Either to throw or help start campfires in this bitter cold. My skills are two weapon fighting, exploring quietly, and when needed disarming traps.
After pausing in case any questions he adds The shop keeper did mention their locally crafted ivory statuettes are cheaper here, and sell for more down south.. maybe when we take care of this bounty and head back south, if I have a few coins left I may buy something to see if we could make a little trader like profit, maybe help offset the trip back costs a bit.
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Silverstone wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:52 am The shop keeper did mention their locally crafted ivory statuettes are cheaper here, and sell for more down south.. maybe when we take care of this bounty and head back south, if I have a few coins left I may buy something to see if we could make a little trader like profit, maybe help offset the trip back costs a bit.
ROFLMAO!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry folks, inside joke.

When Silverstone and I first started playing WoW, WAY back when it first came out, I had been playing for nearly a year or so and was struggling to earn gold. Here's come noobie Silverstone who rockets past me with a bajillion gold because he figured out which merchants to buy from and which to sell to at a profit of 2SP per item.

I'd beg gold off him all the time until he started running the other way when he saw me coming.

Siril looks at Falas, Probably a good idea after we take care of the beast. I'd toss in a few coins.
JellyBrains
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by JellyBrains »

Glad to see we are spending gold we haven't earned yet.Van grins to show he meant no criticism. I can heal with the blessing of the Dawnflower, but I grew up in the wild and have some small skill finding food there.
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by rednetra »

Zan does not seem to notice that the person came over and spoke to him. it took him to realize he was even being spoken too he looks at the owner of the bar. Im sorry are you talking to me? you must be talking to the young Gnome that is playing the music since I'm an elf. it is rude to call me anything but what i really am. if you need me to leave then leave I will he gets a devilish grin on his face as if he was about to do something to go ageist what the man said. He will skip out the front door. before leaving the group Ill find a place to stay out there im a druid after all. We can meet up tomorrow and finish looking for clues and he will leave
JellyBrains
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by JellyBrains »

Van watches the gnome go out the door.Elf?THINKING: Elf?
Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

Falas looks at Van and says, I though the innkeeper said gnome, but maybe I misheard. I guess he will turn into a snow fox or something with thick fur and sleep well outside, and save a few coins as well...
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Rudoff's expression turns melancholy as he watches the gnome, Zan, leave his establishment. The weight of disappointment lingers in the air as the door closes behind Zan, leaving Rudoff with a sense of regret. With a heavy sigh, he adds a large log to the crackling fire, causing sparks to dance and twirl as they ascend the chimney, momentarily breaking the tranquil atmosphere. Grateful for the continued presence of his other patrons, who sit comfortably on the plush bear skin couches, Rudoff offers them a nod of appreciation and returns to the bar, whispering softly to himself. His words seems to carry a mixture of sadness, his thoughts obviously still focused on the events that transpired with the Gnome.
OUT OF CHARACTER
All present (i.e. all except Ixil and Zan) can attempt a Perception skill check IF they wish to try to decipher what Rudoff whispered to himself.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Ixil has started his second performance for the night (figure about 21h30) - Will you (@Falas, @Mazer, @Siril, @Van) be doing anything other than relating and talking for the evening before going to sleep? (your bellies are full and your mugs are replenished whenever you desire)

JellyBrains
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by JellyBrains »

Van replies to Falas,You heard right. The innkeeper said gnome. The gnome said Elf. I suppose shape-changing can affect your identity.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Takes a moment to try to listen to the innkeeper.

Last edited by JellyBrains on Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

Siril has no other plans for the night and is eager to get started in the morning. Sleep would be a welcome respite until the morning arrives.

Perception: 24
JellyBrains
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by JellyBrains »

Van yawns and wishes the others goodnight. He goes to bed still dressed: needing only a coat and boots to be ready to run outside. He leaves his boots and coat handy to be donned hurriedly if needed.

Return to “[ENDED] {PbP} The Whitefang Wyrm bounty {Pathfinder 2e Legacy}”