[Active Thread] The Hall of Harsh Reflections

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Re: [Active Thread] The Hall of Harsh Reflections

Post by Silverstone »

Lola moves to 1114 so she can see. She uses her second move action to move the spiritual weapon to attack Fake Ardrea.

Artemis's Shortsword then attacks fake Ardrea and Lola smiles when it connects. (having issues trying to embed the images today, so did a screenshot instead)
roll.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Lola: Amazonian Cleric
Image Tover Lastblock, Gnome Fighter 1
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

Tex takes a step to 1114, slings his axe and pulls out his bow.
Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

Ardrea will float back up and over her allies to get a view at the Fake allies. She will direct the whip to attack Fake Prost.
Teucer Argent - Zen Archer
Image Ardrea - Jinx Witch
Image Mazer: Goblin Champion
Image Arkyat, Orc Thaumaturge
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel steps to the west, where he can attack both Fake Ardea and Fake Prost. Once in position, he swings at both of them.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Free - 5 ft step
Full Attack, with Power Attack and Cleave

Getting that error message for all attempts to post rolls made within Rolz.

WIll try re-posting tomorrow night

Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Looks like Rolz is working right now. Posting Worrel's results for ease of reference

OUT OF CHARACTER
Remember that using cleave is a standard action; you can't use it with a full attack. So no second attack rolls.

Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius charges his mindblade with psychic energy, steps to 1013, and swings at Evil Ardrea.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm going to assume the critical is confirmed, so:

OUT OF CHARACTER
Rolz is being hinky again. The first roll was 29 (19 + 10), the critical confirmation was 27 (17 + 10), and the damage (2d8+4+1d8) is 15 (2+5+4+6)

Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

ROUND 6 CONTINUES

Lola moves to a position where she can see better. She moves the spiritual weapon to attack Fake Ardrea. Lola smiles when the doppelganger is caught off-guard by the short sword's aggressive assault [critical confirmed for 10 hp damage]

Tex takes a step into the room with the scaffolding, slings his axe and pulls out his bow.

Worrel steps to the west, where he can attack both Fake Ardea and Fake Prost. Once in position, he swings at both of them. Both attacks miss.

ROUND 7 BEGINS

Ardrea floats back up and over her allies to get a view at the Fake allies. She directs the whip to attack Fake Prost. A single downwards stroke knocks the doppelganger unconscious [6 hp nonlethal].

Cyrius charges his mindblade with psychic energy, steps forward, and swings at Evil Ardrea. A whorling chop whips across the doppelganger, leaving behind a bloody wound [critical confirmed for 15 hp damage]

Prost moves through the small holes in the wall and up. His voice is wispy, but easily heard, as he warns his allies about the two invisible creatures in the other room.

Fluffy continues to successfully guard Cyrius. With a masterfully precise lunge, the dog bites directly into Fake Ardrea's vitals, eliminating her from the fight [8 hp damage].

Sibilant voices call out from just behind Prost, speaking in a language that Ardrea recognizes as Tlalic (translation in the spoiler below).
For ArdreaShow
The first voice says, Allies, identify yourselves! The second says, Yes, we've been busy chasing this misty halfling and lost track of who is who...
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Bless (all PCs except Prost): 5.6 minutes remaining
Spiritual Weapon: +8 to hit, 1d8+2 damage, 2 rounds remaining
Feather Token Whip: +10 BAB, 1d6+1 nonlethal, free grapple attack (with a +15 bonus on its combat maneuver checks) if it hits; 59.6 minutes remaining

I've put question marks where you suspect the invisible attackers might be located. The solid red lines are solid walls in the "basement" room. The dashed red lines have holes easily big enough for a gaseous halfling to move through.

ROUND 7 CONTINUES

1. Real Lola - short sword readied, 35 bolts left, 1 channel energy left

2. Real Tex - bow readied, 104 arrows left, 67 hp damage

3. Real Worrel - sword and shield readied, 2 lay on hands left

ROUND 8 BEGINS

4. Real Ardrea - staff readied, fly 0.5 minutes remaining in this 1 minute increment

5. Real Cyrius - uncharged mind blade longsword readied, 7 hp damage

6. Real Prost - loaded slingstaff readied, 38 bullets left, gaseous form, 3 hp damage

7. Fluffy

8. Invisible Attackers (?) - near Prost

9. Fake Prost - 43 hp damage including 12 nonlethal, unconscious

Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

They are calling to their allies. Play along and be ready.

In Tlalic, Ardrea replies. We've downed most of the interlopers, but not easily. Come help.
Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Rolz is still not working for images. Also not having a clue what Ardrea is saying, Lola would press the attack if she can.. but does only Prost know the two '?' enemies locations? Not knowing what I do know - i broke it down to two sets of actions

OUT OF CHARACTER
IF Lola knows about the "?" enemies location

Lola uses a move action to reposition the spiritual weapon to attack 1008.
Then she shoots her crossbow (but its into melee, so -4)
OUT OF CHARACTER
IF Lola doesn't know about the "?" enemies location yet:

Lola tries to figure out where the enemies Prost mention are, she starts her focus near Prost's location.
if she succeeds to pinpoint location, she does the action mentioned above attacks
if she fails to pinpoint she converts summon monster 3 to cure spell on Tex.

All the various roll permutations (i think)
roll 2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

Without any enemies to see, Tex will keep an arrow notched and ready to fire if any enemies appear. (Ready an action?)
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Clarification regarding the invisible enemies (the ?'s): You think you know where they are based on where the voices came from. You could be wrong, but you can target those locations. If the enemies are where you think they are, there's still a 50% miss chance because they are invisible.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Additional clarification: I have removed 13 hp of damage from Prost. Gaseous form makes him immune to critical hits, so this attack would have bounced off his DR instead.

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel will advance, sword and shield held high.

"I will look for them with you, Prost," he states.

Once he gets behind Prost, Worrel listens in an effort to determine how close the doppelgangers are to himself and his companions.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Move - 20 ft to 1110
Move - List (Perception +11) ... result was a 26

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting on Prost and Cyrius

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius charges his mindblade with psychic energy and steps up (cautiously) to 1112, ready to strike at a foe.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost moves south 5’ up and south (diagonal) and south 5’. They are right behind me! Prost calls out
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

ROUND 7 CONTINUES

Lola repositions the spiritual weapon to attack the location where she thinks one of the invisible creatures is. It doesn't appear to hit anything. Then she shoots her crossbow, but the bolt sails wide.

Tex will keeps an arrow notched and ready to fire if any enemies appear...

Worrel advances to the edge of the crumbling platform, sword and shield held high. I will look for them with you, Prost, he states. Once he gets behind Prost, he listens in an effort to locate the enemies. [Worrel cannot move to 1110 without leaping down into the water, which appears to be filled with rusty weapons, so I moved him to 1111. He could advance past Prost by moving across the soggy planks at 1010 and 1009, but this will require a balance check]

ROUND 8 BEGINS

Ardrea whispers to her teammates in the Ghinoran language everyone understands, They are calling to their allies. Play along and be ready. In Tlalic, she replies to the invisible voices, We've downed most of the interlopers, but not easily. Come help.

Cyrius charges his mindblade with psychic energy and steps up cautiously, ready to strike at a foe.

Prost moves south up and south. “They are right behind me!” Prost calls out. He is now floating just above one of the slippery planks that provide a maze-like path across the collapsed floor.

Fluffy guards Cyrius.

Two invisible voices speak loudly in a language no one understands. From the location of the sounds, everyone believes the creatures are located a little farther back in the room than they were before. They must be flying or levitating just above the level of the planks. [ I made perception checks for everyone and you all think the creatures are hovering over the water at 0906 and 1006]

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Bless (all PCs except Prost): 5.5 minutes remaining
Spiritual Weapon: +8 to hit, 1d8+2 damage, 1 rounds remaining
Feather Token Whip: +10 BAB, 1d6+1 nonlethal, free grapple attack (with a +15 bonus on its combat maneuver checks) if it hits; 59.5 minutes remaining

I've put question marks where you suspect the invisible attackers might be located. The solid red lines are solid walls in the "basement" room. The dashed red lines have holes easily big enough for a gaseous halfling to move through.

ROUND 8 CONTINUES

1. Real Lola - unloaded crossbow readied, 34 bolts left, 1 channel energy left

2. Real Tex - bow readied, 104 arrows left, 67 hp damage

ROUND 9 BEGINS

4. Real Ardrea - staff readied, fly 0.4 minutes remaining in this 1 minute increment

6. Real Prost - loaded slingstaff readied, 38 bullets left, gaseous form, 3 hp damage

7. Fluffy

8. Invisible Attackers (?) - near Prost

9. Fake Prost - 43 hp damage including 12 nonlethal, unconscious at 0812
OUT OF CHARACTER
For reference, this is a description of the room you are all in: Much of the floor of this ruined chamber has given way, revealing a large stagnant pool of water below. Rusted spears and broken swords break the surface of this pool throughout the room. A framework of soggy timbers that might have once supported the floor still stands, stretching out across the void.

Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

Since we are not attacking the invisble things, Lola converts a summon mon 3 spell to cure tex, and does not have Artemis shortsword attack. She 5' steps to 1013.

Hrm, Rolz still not working, 20 hp healed.
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

Tex nods to Lola as he feels the healing flow through him.

His luck needs to change, so he lets fire 3 shots, the first firing 2 arrows, at 1006.

(rollz embedding not working either...)
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

OUT OF CHARACTER
I think there is a server delay at Rolz for the embedding...

The first roll below is my first shot from above about 15 mins ago. The second roll below is a test roll I just made and tried to embed the code. I'm going to wait 10 mins and try again.

The 3rd is Silverstones healing roll.

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

OUT OF CHARACTER
OK, here's the work around.

Make all your rolls. Then LEAVE the Rolz dice room. Go back to main Rolz page, close browser, whatever. Come back in and the embed codes are working.
Don't know why, I guess we could ping him in Reddit.

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Not trusting himself on the narrow beams, Worrel will try to discern where the invisible opponents are located.

He cannot detect anything, so will gingerly make his way towards where Tex has fired arrows. He thinks better of it, though, so does not move.
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost moves forward to just above the beam, and his best ghostly voice, says give it up you can’t win. Your only out is to die or surrender...did your employer tell you win, he lied to you
Last edited by smeltdm on Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius will carefully make his way to 0913 in order to get a better view and stand ready to respond to any attack.
Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

Ardrea will command the feather token whip to move next to Prost and attack the space ahead.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

ROUND 8 CONTINUES

Lola converts a summon spell to heal Tex [20 hp healed]

Tex nods to Lola as he feels the healing flow through him. His luck needs to change, so he lets fire 3 shots, the first firing 2 arrows, at the suspected location of one of the invisible things. His first, double arrow shot and his third clearly hit something, causing brief spurts of odd colored blood [19 hp damage total]

Not trusting himself on the narrow beams, Worrel tries to discern where the invisible opponents are located. He suspects they are near where Tex just shot, so he thinks about making his way across the beams. When he finds his first step very wobbly, he changes his mind and doesn't move.

ROUND 9 BEGINS

Ardrea commands the feather token whip to dance next to Prost, instead of her...

Cyrius carefully makes his way back toward the wall in order to get a better view and stand ready to respond to any attack.

Prost floats forward to just above the beam, and his best ghostly voice, says Give it up you can’t win. Your only out is to die or surrender...did your employer tell you win, he lied to you. The feather whip lashes out at this point and actually strikes something, wrapping around the invisible attacker [6 hp nonlethal and 2? is grappled]

Fluffy guards Cyrius.

Ardrea feels a sudden pain as something hard and solid strikes her [10 hp damage]. The attack came from the same level she is on and just to her left. She suspects one of the invisible attackers must have flown up next to her!

The whip remains wrapped around the other invisible attacker. You can see it wiggle about as whatever it has grabbed struggles unsuccessfully to get free [CMB check to escape grapple failed]

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Bless (all PCs except Prost): 5.4 minutes remaining
Feather Token Whip: +10 BAB, 1d6+1 nonlethal, free grapple attack (with a +15 bonus on its combat maneuver checks) if it hits; 59.4 minutes remaining

ROUND 9 CONTINUES

1. Real Lola - unloaded crossbow readied, 34 bolts left, 1 channel energy left

2. Real Tex - bow readied, 100 arrows left, 47 hp damage

ROUND 10 BEGINS

4. Real Ardrea - staff readied, fly 0.3 minutes remaining in this 1 minute increment

7. Fluffy

8. Invisible Attacker 1? - near Ardrea

9. Invisible Attacker 2? - 25 hp damage, including 6 nonlethal, grappled by the feather whip

10. Fake Prost - 43 hp damage including 12 nonlethal, unconscious at 0812
OUT OF CHARACTER
For reference, this is a description of the room you are all in: Much of the floor of this ruined chamber has given way, revealing a large stagnant pool of water below. Rusted spears and broken swords break the surface of this pool throughout the room. A framework of soggy timbers that might have once supported the floor still stands, stretching out across the void.

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel steps back away from the edge to beside Tex. He then sheathes his sword while beginning a prayer. He then reaches out to heal Tex.

"Please accept Mitra's healing."

Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

Lola loads and shoots #2 since grappled, knows which space its in, but misses.

Lola says Prost, please move away from it so we can hit it easier!
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

OUT OF CHARACTER
since Prost is in misty form not sure the -4 firing into melee applies..no cover for enemy

Prost moves to east 10’. (1207) Prost drop leaving the misty form and lets loose a magic bullet at the grappled misty form.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Not sure I can do all that this turn. Waiting for ruling from DM before making my atk/dmg roll…getting message rollz.org not available

Last edited by smeltdm on Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

Tex fires again at the now grappled target, #2.

Then murmurs, thanks to Worrel.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

smeltdm wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:08 am since Prost is in misty form not sure the -4 firing into melee applies..no cover for enemy
OUT OF CHARACTER
Correct, Prost doesn't provide cover in gaseous form

smeltdm wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:08 am Prost moves to east 10’. (1207) Prost drop leaving the misty form and lets loose a magic bullet at the grappled misty form.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Not sure I can do all that this turn. Waiting for ruling from DM before making my atk/dmg roll…getting message rollz.org not available

OUT OF CHARACTER
Dismissing gaseous form is a standard action, so Prost can move and become solid again, but not attack this round

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”