Issues with the latest update of Excel

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Issues with the latest update of Excel

Post by admin »

redbox13 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:59 pm Hi,
I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, I'll explain what's happening.

I tried to open up a character in TOS+, and the sheet is not working. It's difficult to explain but it looks as if all the formulas are broken. I tried to load a different character from the control screen, and I get the following message.

"Cannot run the Macro "TOS+ v7.2.74.xlsb'!LoadAll'. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.

The last time I used excel was to use TOS+, and it worked fine. Mt settings haven't changed, I looked at my macro settings and they are still fine, editing is still enabled. I tried a previous version, same result. I decided to check for a new version, and downloaded the latest version, same result.

I am not certain how to proceed. Please advise.
redbox13 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:25 am So, what I did was to enable ALL macros, then I had to go into the properties and unblock it. Not sure if this is the best way to go about it, but it did work.
User Marc4DarkSkies on Discord (who created and maintains the Dice Roller Tool for TOS+ and TOS FIVE) mentioned on 2023/09/22 that Office 365 had received an automated update... This caused the Dice Roller Tool to have issues.

So that is most likely the "what changed" part. I suspect that these changes in Excel are further attempts from Microsoft to block content downloaded from the Net.

The solution to this (which is what I have been proposing on the Website as well) is to define a Trusted Locations folder on your local hard disk and move TOS+ there; This should solve any such issues.
{"File -> Options -> Trust Center -> Trust Center Settings -> "Trusted Locations" }

Does this helps?
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
redbox13
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4

Re: Issues with the latest update of Excel

Post by redbox13 »

That didn't work for me. The solution I found yesterday works, but it seems like it's not the best solution, should be fine though. Thanks for the help.

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”