Monty's Arcana Evolved?

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
meridock
Soldier
Soldier

Monty's Arcana Evolved?

Post by meridock »

I am on the fence on purchasing this sheet. What would push me over is to know if the Sheet as support for or has had support developed in the forum for Monty Cook's Arcana Evolved (Races/Feats/Classes/ etc.) My gaming group had the timpani customized for the AU system, but AE extends this and our timpani author has left the group.

Really would be a no brainer to purchase if AE was supported either natively or as a user developed upgrade. I know it is a lot to ask but this would push the money out of the wallet.
meridock
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

I am not familiar with this setting, but the option for loading custom classes and races are there. As long as the setting is D20, I don't see why people from the forum wouldn't be able to whip up the custom classes and races (as long as the information is available).
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

To add to that, while no one has done any of the races and classes for that setting yet, doing races and classes in the sheet is relatively easy. You don't have to be a "programmer" per se, you just have to be able to find your way around an excel spreadsheet.

If the class or race is complex, it helps to have some knowledge of IF statements and named cells in excel, but people on the forum are good with helping with those things, if you try to do it yourself. More than likely, though, someone will volunteer to do it for you ... assuming they have the book.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
meridock
Soldier
Soldier

Post by meridock »

you guys are swaying me!

Version 8 I saw will actually allow the feats to "auto" adjust the stats versus manually... should I wait?

Basically there are like 8 races and ALL new (adjusted) feats and classes, I have the text for each so it would not be that hard to supply the forum with info to build some MCS stuff :) While I work in excel I don't program in VBA or use much of the power inside it. so at least for the first few I would need help!
meridock
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

At this point, I am assuming (correct me if I am wrong) that you have at least downloaded the Demo.

If it will help convince you, email me text for one of the classes that you would like to see.

I will work the custom class into the sheet and send you the mcs file to load into the sheet. That way you can get a good idea of how it works.

As far as waiting for Version 8, so far Richard does not plan on charging an upgrade fee for 8, so why wait. If you purchase the Sheet now, you can get adjusted to how the sheet works. I understand that the next version is a major overhaul to the current version, but getting familiar with how the sheet is set up and where things go as far as excel formulas will help you in the long run.
meridock
Soldier
Soldier

Post by meridock »

klakxor wrote:At this point, I am assuming (correct me if I am wrong) that you have at least downloaded the Demo.

If it will help convince you, email me text for one of the classes that you would like to see.

I will work the custom class into the sheet and send you the mcs file to load into the sheet. That way you can get a good idea of how it works.

As far as waiting for Version 8, so far Richard does not plan on charging an upgrade fee for 8, so why wait. If you purchase the Sheet now, you can get adjusted to how the sheet works. I understand that the next version is a major overhaul to the current version, but getting familiar with how the sheet is set up and where things go as far as excel formulas will help you in the long run.
It would be neat if you have the time (this is a dump of the text obviously this is LARGE...):

race:
Litorian Racial Traits
• Litorians are strong, fast, and tough, enjoying a +2 racial bonus to Dexterity but a –2 racial penalty to Wisdom.
• Litorian base speed is 30 feet.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, litorians have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Low-Light Vision: Litorians can see twice as far as humans in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They also retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Litorian.
• Bonus Languages: Any.
• Litorians gain a +2 racial bonus on Intimidate, Listen, Search, Spot, and Survival checks.
• Litorians always gain Knowledge (litorians) as a class skill.
• Racial Levels: Litorians can take a few levels in “litorian” as a class to develop their racial qualities more fully.

and/or
Unfettered (the progression) is full BAB and the reflex save like a rogue....
Class
Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Intelligence bonus) × 4. Skill Points at Higher Levels: 4 + Intelligence bonus. Class Skills: The unfettered’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (any) (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Innuendo (Wis),
Jump (Str), Knowledge (nobility and courtesy) (Int), Open Lock (Dex), Perform (Cha), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Sneak (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Rope (Dex).

Class Features
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The unfettered is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, agile exotic weapons, light armor, and shields.

Armor Class Bonus (Ex): When wearing light armor or no armor, the unfettered gains a special dodge bonus to Armor Class that increases every three levels. Unfettered are trained to move quickly and dodge blows with astounding speed.

Parry (Ex): An armed unfettered uses his skill and training to judge the timing of an opponent’s incoming strike and how to block it. The unfettered can choose to add his Intelligence modifier to his Armor Class against a single opponent in a given round, although this bonus can never exceed half the unfettered’s class level (minimum 1). The parry ability works only against melee attacks, and only against attacks the unfettered is aware of; he cannot parry an invisible opponent. Certain weapons, such as the main gauche, add to the unfettered’s ability to parry, granting an additional bonus to the Armor Class bonus gained.

Bonus Feats: At 2nd level, the unfettered gets a bonus feat.

The unfettered gains an additional bonus feat at 6th level, plus 10th, 14th, 18th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd, and 25th level. This is in addition to the feats characters normally get every third level. Draw these bonus feats from the following list: Bloody Strike, Combat Reflexes, Defensive Move (Mobility), Defensive Stance, Defensive Unarmed Strike, Expertise (Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Whirlwind Attack), Improved Critical*, Improved Initiative, Low Blow, Modify Combat Style, Paralyzing Blow, Point Blank Shot (Far Shot, Precise Shot, Shot on the Run), Quick Draw, Rapid Strike, Stunning Blow, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus*.

Some of these feats are ceremonial feats. The character need not go through the ceremony (or pay for it) to get a bonus ceremonial feat; even an Unbound character can acquire ceremonial bonus feats in this way. An unfettered cannot acquire some of these bonus feats until he has gained one or more prerequisite feats; these feats appear parenthetically after the prerequisite feat. The unfettered can select feats marked with an asterisk (*) more than once, but it must be for a different weapon each time. The character still must meet all prerequisites for a feat, including ability score and base attack bonus minimums (but not truenames).

Sneak Attack (Ex): Starting at 4th level, any time the unfettered’s target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the unfettered flanks the target, the unfettered’s attack deals extra damage. The extra damage is +1d6 at 4th level and an additional 1d6 every four levels thereafter. Should the character score a critical hit with a sneak attack, do not multiply this extra damage. The unfettered can make sneak attacks with ranged weapons, but only up to a range of 30 feet.

Parry Ranged Attacks (Ex): A 7th-level or higher unfettered can choose to add his Intelligence modifier to his Armor Class against a single foe who is using ranged attacks against him in a given round. Parry ranged attacks works only against ranged attacks and cannot be used in the same round as a normal parry. It works only against attacks the unfettered is aware of—he can’t parry an invisible opponent—and only against physical attacks (not spells or spell-like abilities) that the DM deems the unfettered could knock away with his weapon. For example, a human unfettered could not parry a boulder rolling down a hill or fired from a catapult.

Evasion (Ex): At 9th level the unfettered gains evasion. If exposed to any effect that normally allows a character to attempt a Reflex saving throw for half damage, the unfettered takes no damage following a successful saving throw. The character can use evasion only if he is wearing light armor or no armor.

Parry Magic (Ex): At 13th level, the unfettered gains the ability to avoid spells in a manner similar to, but not as well as, a mage blade. He must have a magic weapon in hand to parry a spell. Only spells targeting the unfettered alone can be parried — not area spells or spells targeted elsewhere. Spells that do not allow a saving throw cannot be parried. The unfettered makes an attack roll opposed by the caster’s caster power check. If the unfettered’s roll is higher, he gains a +4 competence bonus on the saving throw against the spell. The unfettered can parry only spells he is aware of; spells from invisible casters or mental-action only spells cannot be parried. He cannot parry a spell in the same round that he uses either parry ranged attacks or a standard parry, and he cannot parry more than one spell in a round. Weapons that add an additional parry bonus do not affect the unfettered’s ability to parry magic.

Enhanced Parry Weapon (Ex): In the hands of an unfettered of 17th level or higher, a weapon with a parry modifier offers a bonus 1 point higher than its normal modifier. Thus, a 17th-level unfettered character using a main gauche while fighting defensively gains an additional +3 Armor Class bonus, rather than +2.

Improved Evasion (Ex): At 19th level, the unfettered’s evasion ability improves. He still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw, but henceforth he takes only half damage on a failed Reflex saving throw. A helpless unfettered does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Parry All (Ex): At 21st level, the unfettered can add his Intelligence modifier to Armor Class (as well as any weapon parry bonus) against all incoming attacks that he is aware of, as described under the parry and parry ranged attacks abilities. He still cannot use the parry magic ability in the same round that he parries conventional attacks.

True Parry (Ex): At 25th level, the unfettered can not only use his parry all ability in the same round that he attempts to use parry magic, but he can attempt to parry any number of incoming spells as well.
meridock
meridock
Soldier
Soldier

Post by meridock »

I am playing with the spreadsheet.
meridock
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Okay, I completed the mcs files and I am going to PM them to you. This will give you an idea of how the custom race and classes work.

Some descrepencies to be aware of though:

Litorian Race has Knowledge (Litorian) as a skill, but it would need to be entered as a custom skill

There really wasn't much information on progressing them through Litorian class levels, so it was not included in the custom race

Unfettered Class has Innuendo and Sneak as class skills. These would also need to be added to custom skills.

With the Demo version of the sheet, you can only progress the character to a certain level, but the unfettered class has been set up for the whole progression provided.
meridock
Soldier
Soldier

Post by meridock »

klakxor wrote:Okay, I completed the mcs files and I am going to PM them to you. This will give you an idea of how the custom race and classes work.

You rock .

there are indeed differences in "skills" (Sneak = Hide and Move Silent) and one can take class levels in "litorian" in addition to the racial abilities. So you could be a 3rd level litorian and 3rd level unfettered (ie 6 character levels)

Looks like I will be pulling out the paypal.
meridock

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”