The Streets of Nauthun

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

The Streets of Nauthun

Post by patransom »

Tinker adds, as he ushers you out, "Alice's is just up the street, back towards the gates, if you're looking for a meal or a room for the night."

Outside on the street, after Tinker's door slides shut behind you, seemingly of it's own volition, you find that the sun has fully set. The dusty street and buildings, however, are well-lit by glowing orbs that have appeared at the corners or near the doors of most of the structures.

From the other side of the street and in the direction Tinker indicated, you can hear the sound of music, just loud enough to be heard over the faint hum that seems to permeate the town.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

"I suppose we should head down to Alice's now. You can get food and a room there. Thanis and I will lead the way."

"I suppose that we can head to Sanctuary in the morning. Perhaps if we are lucky, we can find more treasure along the way. Whad'ya think Thanis."
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

At the mention of food, Oldin's stomach growls fiercely. "Yes, I am a bit peckish. Perhaps a little food would do me good and calm my nerves."
OUT OF CHARACTER
I am gonna be gone for the next week, so when they arrive at Alice's, Oldin will attempt diplomacy to trade what gold he has for the area's currency, since Alice likes shinies. He will overplay the rarity of gold in an attempt to increase its shiny value :D. He will attempt to broker chef services, as well. If he can, he will look for someone to come along with them who will be his personal chef. If you arrive at the sanctuary, he will not bring up Seker, but will ask a good deal about their religion. He will gladly let them "talk his ear off" as Tinker put it. If he finds someone who might be open-minded, he will share the word of Seker with them. He will cure as many sick people as he can, and those he cures will hear the name of Seker as his holy fire purges their wounds and illnesses. I'll probably prepare Remove Blindness/Deafness once or twice, and Remove Curse possibly. Lesser Restoration will also be a good one to prepare. It depends on if more people are injured or sickly.

Talk to you all in a week.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Oh, and if any fighting breaks out, Oldin will be a crossbow-wielding back of the group guy/healer (since he is only preparing healing magics).

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[Since almost no one's posted, presumably because of the holidays, I'll skip this validation and delay until Friday. If there are still few posts then, or no objections to Shareev's suggestion, I'll just have you follow Shareev over to Alice's.]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Food? I guess we can go check and see." states Aeless.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias makes a face. "'Twill seem likely strange sleepin' wi' a fish in m' ear," he observes, "but a bed be always welcome, and a good meal be close behind. Guide us to your Alice's inn, goodman."
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

"Aye, let us go." Leenah agrees and moves to follow the others. She will keep her eyes open and look and listen alertly as they move to Alice's. Once there she will follow her standard practice of discretely looking for exits as well as looking over everyone there.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

"I agree - let's go." "Where are we going again?"
mechwarrior26
Horseman
Horseman

Post by mechwarrior26 »

Thins was still getting used to actually being able to understand the people around him. It was making things alot easier, thats for sure. Plus he could actually understand and hear the voices of the ladies in the group, which was good since now he could start gainin 'insight' into their actions and such.

He nodded to Shareev," Sounds like a plan to me. They can stay at the Inn, or I have a little bit of space in my little place if anyone wants to stay there." He smiled slightly looking to see if anyone wanted a free stay.

((Since Thanis is from the city, I figured he would have a small flat in the city. A nice little apartment or something like that to stay in while he is home. Probably afforded it when he sold his parents house when his mother died.))
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

"I plan on staying home, but there is no way they could deal with the mess."

Return to “Perearth: Archives”