Why is MCS the best?

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
greg_BSCIS
Horseman
Horseman

Why is MCS the best?

Post by greg_BSCIS »

MCS or Multiclass Character sheet is the best because:

1) The sheet is very accurate in its calculations or filling in the blank which probably takes the most time in creating and maintaining a character.

- And if you have a problem, you most likely can fix it yourself. Just make sure to advise Rich so he can include the fix in later releases.
- If the problem is in a password protected area, tell Rich and he will fix it quickly.

2) Like the title states, "The Only Sheet Worth Your (My) Time."

3) There has been many fill in sheets and open source tools; however they have never been as customizable as MCS. Since the MCS is highly customizable, MCS soars above the rest and sets the bar for future tools.

4) I know this sounds Psycho and this is only to show you how powerful this sheet is. The other day, I was bored and decided to make a Half-Amethyst Dragon\Stone Giant (ECL 21 by the way with 14d10 HPs), War Mage\Psion-Telepath. The sheet allowed me not only to create the race but allowed me to add warmage to character classes.

5) I have been playing DnD off and on since 1981 and this is the best character sheet ever, including hard copies!

Good Job Rich, Keep up the good work!
kettemann
Squire
Squire

Ease of use?

Post by kettemann »

Create for me, in less then the 3 hours it took me. a..

Vow Of Poverty at 1st level, Human

Rogue2, Paladin3, Soulknife6, Warmind3, Kensai6

Create it in a way you can make a character sheet from level 6 --> 20. ie. a sheet for level 6, one for level 7. etc.

Now try:

Human: Paladin3, Monk1, Sorceror6, Spellsword5, Eldritch Knight5.

Be able to apply and remove the Vow of Poverty feat.

Overall for a casual player, this sheet is great. If you only use the core books and no additions in your campaign. but for a tool to help Character Optimization and what-if questions, it is sorely lacking as a means to do it easier then just writing it out on paper.

Perhaps I am just using the sheet wrong. but I run out of customization slots for Classes and Feats in a heartbeat. In addition, "Combining" classes is rather difficult if they have different attack bonus or save progressions.
kettemann
Squire
Squire

The Only Sheet

Post by kettemann »

I must state, to ensure I don't give the wrong impression; There has never been a better response from a developer then with Richard. In terms of customer service, response time, and love of his product; RT is miles above the competition.

If you are a Core D&D player and are tired of figuring out all those 'little things' when it comes to creating and leveling up your character. The Only Sheet is the ONLY thing you need.
Karranther
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Ease of use?

Post by Karranther »

kettemann wrote:Create for me, in less then the 3 hours it took me. a..

Vow Of Poverty at 1st level, Human

Rogue2, Paladin3, Soulknife6, Warmind3, Kensai6

Create it in a way you can make a character sheet from level 6 --> 20. ie. a sheet for level 6, one for level 7. etc.

Now try:

Human: Paladin3, Monk1, Sorceror6, Spellsword5, Eldritch Knight5.

Be able to apply and remove the Vow of Poverty feat.

Overall for a casual player, this sheet is great. If you only use the core books and no additions in your campaign. but for a tool to help Character Optimization and what-if questions, it is sorely lacking as a means to do it easier then just writing it out on paper.

Perhaps I am just using the sheet wrong. but I run out of customization slots for Classes and Feats in a heartbeat. In addition, "Combining" classes is rather difficult if they have different attack bonus or save progressions.
Ok, will give it a try and see how long it takes. If you like PM me your stats...

You have the number of classes that is either less than or at the max for the current sheet and only two "custom" classes for your examples.

Though I don't know about your vow much off hand. I remember seeing it somewhere, but off hand can't say where.

Just like many products it has its strengths and limitations. The ability to aster a variable pool rather than pointing to cells might be changed with the new product he is working on at the moment.

I agree that Richard puts uncountable time into his baby (aka "The Sheet"). He is always willing to assist as well as the others from the community.

From my experience eTools...is a nasty word, PCGen is a migraine that doesn't even wait to happen...
I feel like I have parked diagonally in a Parallel universe.

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”