$20 CDN too much ?

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

egyas wrote:I don;t think the price (roughly $17 USD) is too much. I was hesitant at first, until I played with the Demo. I am an Etools user, but Etools has a lot of flaws, and is now discontinued. The one big advantage it obviously had over TOS is that it had access to ALL the datasets. Since playing with TOS, I have also purchased TOS+. I love it!

I'm wondering if there would be a way to get access to the rest of the datasets. I know they said "NO!" to you when you asked, but I wonder if they would say "Yes!" to a licensing agreement. I'd bet that the users would donate to a fundraiser to raise the money to pay the licensing fee if Wizards would allow it.
WotC seems to be going in the other direction.... removing liscences, as is the case with etools I'm told...

One has to wonder if they will cancel the OGL!! (

R
egyas
Soldier
Soldier

Post by egyas »

As to eTools. they didn't have their license pulled. It expired, and Wizards chose not to allow Code Monkey Publishing (the maker of eTools) to renew it. At the same time, there was a survey that was randomly popping up on the Wizard's website about the "Dungeons and Dragons Insider", a possible digital version that would teased about several cool features, and several not so cool ones. Now, there is a project called the "Digital Gaming Initiative" at Wizards that is still in the formative stages. Looks like if they do decide to publish a digital gaming solution of some type for character generation, etc, it will be 1-2 years out at the earliest.

As to the OGL, I really hope they don't cancel it. I think in the long run it would backfire on them, and cost them a lot in bad press, sales, and animosity.

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”