World's Largest dungeon/city

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
LinusMundane
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

World's Largest dungeon/city

Post by LinusMundane »

My Friday night session has been going through the dungeon version for 3 weeks now, and I have to say imo it's a very well thought out campaign(so far) the concept of one book going from 1 to 20+ and including all monsters from the monster manual is a daunting task and I can't wait to finish this up 3 years from now lol.

Has anyone else gone through this and what were your thought? Has anyone done the city yet as well and is it worth doing?
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

I have actually looked at this, but haven't gone through the purchase of it. I downloaded a pdf of the map and from what I have seen it is huge. I have read mixed reviews as far as the game play goes, so I would be very interested on your take of it.
LinusMundane
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by LinusMundane »

Well in 3 sessions so far, we start at 9PM and end at 330 - 400 am, we have barely made a dent in the first dungeon, I assume. Some of that is due to the fact that we have 6 people in our group and 3 have never played before so we have a moderate amount of down time, but the dungeon plays very well compared to what I am used to.

We have a very good DM though(in my opinion) and he has made it very accomodating to the newbs we have with us. The encounters are on par with our level(though my 18 AC cleric did get to -3 HP's because we got attacked by a rat swarm and I had no spells left for the day, hehe)

I am trying my hardest not to go through the book(I have a tendency to ruin things for myself when possible) so without knowing whats up coming, my opinion so far is very positive and I ope it stays that way because as a group we made a decision not to switch games until the whole book is done. The only other time we have done that is with Earth Dawn, normally we switch between Mutants and Masterminds and deadlands every few months.
vyrzain
Templar
Templar

Post by vyrzain »

Will you post a link for this?
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx »

Here are links to Amazon.com pages for each:

Dungeon
City
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
LinusMundane
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by LinusMundane »

those reviews are priceless lol, people saying the whole thing is ruined because it wasn't proof-read properly, amazing. If everything I ever did was based on the grammar of the person talking to me, I'd be mad at the world all the time.
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

LinusMundane wrote:those reviews are priceless lol, people saying the whole thing is ruined because it wasn't proof-read properly, amazing. If everything I ever did was based on the grammar of the person talking to me, I'd be mad at the world all the time.
Grammar = Pet Peeve

Although I have to admit that I really enjoy reading poorly written things and criticizing them, so reading it would probably a great laugh.
LinusMundane
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by LinusMundane »

Oh i agree with you, but these people were saying it was terrible(some of them) based solely on that.
vyrzain
Templar
Templar

Post by vyrzain »

Flinx wrote:Here are links to Amazon.com pages for each:
Thanks much.
LinusMundane
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by LinusMundane »

Well, we are pretty far into it( I assume) and so far it has been good fun, we haven't run into anything we couldn't handle, but it hasn't all been a walk in the park either. So far, I still gotta say I am digging it.

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”