TOS+

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
LinusMundane
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

TOS+

Post by LinusMundane »

I gotta say, this thing rocks.

A little about me... I haven't played DnD since there was a seperation of DnD and ADnD and this was the books you used for DnD...

So a lot of this sheet may be over my head for the time being. My first campaign in 3.5 is starting this Friday and this is going to be invaluable to me for that session. Thanks so much for all your hard work and I hope that I can contribute in some way to make it even better.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: TOS+

Post by admin »

Thanks!!

One way to help is to talk about the Sheet - perhaps your friends will join us by subscribing to TOS+ !!!

Richard
LinusMundane
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by LinusMundane »

I am sure they will after they see it in action on Friday. What I am going to do this one time, is rename the .xls several times so I can open more than one and I am going to load their data into each one and keep track of effects and the like that are on them so that they see how useful it is in action. Then I am going to email them each a link here, so you may have about 7 or 8 subs incoming next week.

We are only playing from the PHB and DMG, I'd like them to open up to PHB 2 and beyond and maybe they will when they see the ease of use this provides.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

LinusMundane wrote:I am sure they will after they see it in action on Friday. What I am going to do this one time, is rename the .xls several times so I can open more than one and I am going to load their data into each one and keep track of effects and the like that are on them so that they see how useful it is in action.
hmm I'm not sure that's a good idea (opening up many characters at once) - TOS+ has to do a ton and a half of computation to calculate the effects on a single character (and take into account the stacking rules!). This means that unless you are using a Cray Mainframe, your PC will be crawling along trying to compute all it has to (My slow PC usually takes 2-3 seconds to recompute when I add an effect, so if you have many .xls file loaded, you'll multiply this delay.

In anycase, be aware that when you change one value on one character, ALL the worksheets will be re-computed.... (unless you manually disable automatic computations and then manually force a re-compute!)

Ideally they'd all need their own sheet on their own laptops (if they want dynamic play!)... Also note that there is a DM tool around on the Forum - this might be helpful (I've not tried it as I'm not a DM...!)
LinusMundane wrote:Then I am going to email them each a link here, so you may have about 7 or 8 subs incoming next week.
That would be awesome!!
LinusMundane wrote:We are only playing from the PHB and DMG, I'd like them to open up to PHB 2 and beyond and maybe they will when they see the ease of use this provides.
My current character (the one I use with the laptop) is also limited to PHB... and I wouldn't try to hold a pen anymore!! (on the last game, my Bard and the Monk both suffered from a spell and we got 'exhausted'... I simply needed to type that on the laptop worksheet and voila!, my Bard was out of 6 points of STR and 6 points of Dex. The person playing the Monk had to scribble away on her character sheet, while I was grinning broadly awaiting on her.... HEHE)

R
LinusMundane
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by LinusMundane »

Well, ok, I won't load up 8 sheets then if you say it will blow chunks, I am more than sure though, that based on what I will be able to do tonight I will convince people to buy this product.

I also wanna say that I did a search for and downloaded a ton of other sheets for creation and none of them hold a candle to TOS+. I can't wait for the reactions tonight.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

LinusMundane wrote:Well, ok, I won't load up 8 sheets then if you say it will blow chunks, I am more than sure though, that based on what I will be able to do tonight I will convince people to buy this product.
It's not that it won't work - just that your PC will be slower and slower the more excel files you load up (of course, if you have a 43.2 Petaflops mainframe, it wouldn't be a problem... :)

LinusMundane wrote:I also wanna say that I did a search for and downloaded a ton of other sheets for creation and none of them hold a candle to TOS+. I can't wait for the reactions tonight.
Thank you!!
It took me 15 months to create TOS+, and that's with the help of many great people AND the experience of having created the initial Sheet (TOS)

I also think it is awesome, but then again I'm a bit biased... (I also did the search you did, and the low quality Sheets I found online was the reason why I started this project in the first place!!)

Richard
GodSponge
Squire
Squire

Post by GodSponge »

I tried to create a simple Excel character sheet once, but it didn't do so well, it only calculated things like ac from what was entered in the different boxes, everyone still had to do most things manually.

I'm so glad someone with more experience decided to come up with a really good one!

If I can ever help (unlikely), I will be happy to.

This really is an amazing sheet you've come up with!!

Right now I'm making some characters for a game we will be running soon, but nobody but me has a laptop. I'm gonna try making the characters in TOS+ and managing them with the DM sheet.

I have been telling everyone how great it is and I may have convinced some of them to get it too.

I am looking for a good tutorial for creating custom races/classes/gestalt classes/etc. so if you know of any good ones I'd appreciate any links you could give me. I hope to be an advanced user sometime soon.
LinusMundane
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by LinusMundane »

best bet imo would be to get a couple of custom races/classes and load em into the sheet and then look at what people did.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

LinusMundane wrote:best bet imo would be to get a couple of custom races/classes and load em into the sheet and then look at what people did.
You can also peek on how the current races/classes have been done...

R
LinusMundane
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by LinusMundane »

Should have a new member I brought in just today, possibly one more following later, twwtww is his name here I think.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

LinusMundane wrote:Should have a new member I brought in just today, possibly one more following later, twwtww is his name here I think.
Just saw him - and processed his subscription - thanks!!!
R

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”