4E ? Is there any plans for new sheet

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
LatemYvaeh
Peasant
Peasant

4E ? Is there any plans for new sheet

Post by LatemYvaeh »

Now that the new 4E rules are out is there any plans for create an new ver for them?
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: 4E ? Is there any plans for new sheet

Post by admin »

LatemYvaeh wrote:Now that the new 4E rules are out is there any plans for create an new ver for them?
Not at this time.

Richard
Sindarin8
Squire
Squire

Post by Sindarin8 »

GOOD! 4e is like playing MMORPG on paper. After they hook all of the online gamers, they'll come out with 5e that looks more like 3.5e. D&D is no longer "for gamers by gamers"; it's become a cash cow for corporate goons. D&D is about hanging out with friends, doing a bit of role-play, battle of wits, and just plain entertainment.

:)
Have fun, and safe hunting,
Brian
fluffyduck
Peasant
Peasant

Post by fluffyduck »

Speaking of CASH COW, I have recently had a chance to talk with one of the folks that has done work for DND in the past. Artist Jeff Easly has also gone away from Dungeons & Dragons due to WOtC changing the direction on his stuff.

I have personally purchased the 4E core set...I am disappointed with the results. I agree with the MMORPG on paper as it was called.

WOtC has done a great job of ruining what was once a great game.
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx »

I personally really enjoy 4th edition. Yes, the mechanics are a little different, but D&D was never about the mechanics, it was always about getting together with friends, and playing the part of your favorite hero. As for the MMORPG feel? Sure it exists a little, but remember, MMORPGs are just a computer attempt at playing D&D.

Plus, as a 1st level wizard, it is sure nice to be able to cast magic missile every single round of every combat, all day long! :D
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Omegaman
BARON
BARON

Post by Omegaman »

To answer your question a bit more expansively. Richard is not supporting 4.0 as many fundamentals of the game mechanics have changed such that it is a new system and not at all compatible with the old. Everyone who liked 3.5 is focusing on the Pathfinder from Paizo as the main DND game now. Or like me, Arcana Evolved with a mash of several Pathfinder rules mixed in.
It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest. Adam Smith

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”