The Third Face of Evil

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius manifests his mind blade in longsword form (move action), then charges it with psychic energy (move action) while looking down the southern passageway.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 3 Continues:

Worrel steps five feet to swing at the nearby goblin. As he does so, a crossbow bolt comes shooting out of the dark corridor to the south of him, narrowly missing. Ignoring the missile, Worrel swings at G3 and, as hoped, removes it from the fight [8 hp damage = dead goblin].

Cyrius manifests his mind blade in longsword form, then charges it with psychic energy while looking down the southern passageway.

Marcus stows his crossbow and readies his heavy mace, planning to directly engage the goblin.

Prost loads his sling staff and moves quietly down the hall.

Goblin 4 shoots his crossbow at Prost, missing.

From some distance away to the east, Tex hears a low whistle, some muttering in goblin, followed by a scurrying sound, as of clawed feet on the stones of the corridor. The scurrying draws closer to his position...
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Tex and Lola are up...

The goblins' readied actions have split up the initiative order, so I will need to do separate validations for Tex and Lola, then everyone else. I will try to post more frequently so that this doesn't bog down.

Shaded area marks the limits of shadowy illumination provided by the torches/sunrods you're using; crosshatched area shows the extent of Prost's and Tex's darkvision (the others can't see that far). The yellow blob is Worrel's dropped sunrod.

Round 4 Begins:
Texudus TreeBender: bow readied, 38 arrows left, 13 hp damage
Lola: unloaded crossbow readied, 5 channel energy left, wand of CLW 7 charges left (stowed), 23 bolts left, uninjured
Goblins 5, 6, and 7 (unseen)
--> Validation
Round 4 Continues:
Worrel: sword and shield readied, sunrod dropped at 1014, 42 arrows left, uninjured
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, uninjured
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, Mage Armor 239.8 min left, uninjured
Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 10 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.9 minutes, 7 hp damage
Remaining Goblins
--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.9 minutes
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will reload her crossbow. She will then stand at the ready to place her next shot.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius advances tom 0613 and looks to his right, ready to attack if G5 is there.

Contingency
Mind Blade Attack: 1d20+8
[dice]0[/dice]
Mind Blade Damage: 1d8+3+1d8
[dice]1[/dice]
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

[ooc]Sorry[/ooc]

Tex moves around teh corner, ready to fire if there is a goblin

atk, da, pbs

dmg
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost moves to the corner (1021) and fires a bullet at Goblins 4...
Sling Staff atk: [dice]0[/dice]
Sling Staff dmb: [dice]1[/dice]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 4 Begins:

Tex moves around the corner, ready to fire if there is a goblin. He finds, however, only an empty hallway... although he still hears the scurrying claws drawing closer.

Lola reloads her crossbow.

Goblin 6 shoots his crossbow at Cyrius and hits with a well placed shot [possible crit failed to confirm, but still 6 hp damage].

Another bolt comes out of the darkness to the south of Worrel, finding a gap in his armor [9 hp damage].
ACTIVE EFFECTS
I only need actions from Marcus and Worrel to complete the next half of the round...

The goblins' readied actions have split up the initiative order, so I will need to do separate validations for Tex and Lola, then everyone else. I will try to post more frequently so that this doesn't bog down.

Shaded area marks the limits of shadowy illumination provided by the torches/sunrods you're using; crosshatched area shows the extent of Prost's and Tex's darkvision (the others can't see that far). The yellow blob is Worrel's dropped sunrod.

Round 4 Continues:
Worrel: sword and shield readied, sunrod dropped at 1014, 42 arrows left, 9 hp damage
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 6 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, Mage Armor 239.8 min left, uninjured
Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 10 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.9 minutes, 7 hp damage
Remaining Goblins
--> Validation
Round 5 Begins:
Texudus TreeBender: bow readied, 38 arrows left, ready to fire if there is a goblin, 13 hp damage
Lola: loaded crossbow readied, 5 channel energy left, wand of CLW 7 charges left (stowed), 23 bolts left, uninjured
Goblin 6 and others unseen
--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.9 minutes
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Smarting from the crossbow bolt, Worrel is reluctant to plunge blindly into the darkness. [talk]Which way, Cyrius?[/talk]

Once he sees his companion's light move the south, Worrel plunges ahead through the dark area to what is now illuminated.

[ooc]Hold action until after Cyrius has moved
Move - up to 20 ft to south (up to 0213)
Attack - longsword +9 (BAB +4, Str +4, MW +1), 1d8+4 (+4 str)
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice][/ooc]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 4 Continues:

Smarting from the crossbow bolt, Worrel is reluctant to plunge blindly into the darkness. Which way, Cyrius? he asks as he delays.

Cyrius advances and looks to his right, ready to attack if G5 is there. What he sees to his right is an open chamber. In the middle is a campsite: an extinguished fire surrounded by goblin-sized bedrolls. He doesn't see G5, but instead is surprised by a crossbow bolt that snaps into his side from his left [8 hp damage]. Turning in that direction, Cyrius sees G8 standing next to a gong. Behind the goblin is a peephole into the corridor where Marcus and Prost remain. [Cyrius has 10 feet of movement and a standard action left if he wants to take these.]

Once he sees Cyrius' light move the south, Worrel plunges ahead through the dark area to what is now illuminated. As he does, he sees G5 lurking to his left, so he moves over and executes his attack. His slash tears through the goblin's body, slicing messily through everything presented [6 hp damage, dead]

Sticking to his previous plan, Marcus advances on G4 and swipes at it with his mace. His swing ends with a resounding bang that the goblin will never hear [8 hp damage, dead].

Prost moves to the corner, intending to fire a bullet right in Goblin 4's face. By the time he gets there, Marcus has dispatched the goblin. Looking down the hall with his darkvision, he spots another goblin (G9) lurking around the corner, so he fires off a shot at it that bounces off the wall [missed due to cover].

Goblin 9 fires off a swift snapshot from his crossbow that darts past all Prost's defenses, leaving a bloody stain [3 hp damage]. He then retreats up the corridor into the darkness.

Tex is startled as the source of the scurrying claws appears from around the corner. It appears to be a very large weasel. Long and low-slung, its soft fur and intelligent expression contrast with its glistening fangs. [Even though he specified goblin, I'm going to say Tex's readied action goes off] The creature's sudden arrival demands a precision shot and Tex delivers one [8 hp damage]. It's not enough to kill the beast, though, and the weasel continues scurrying towards him. He easily avoids its bite.

At the other end of the map, Prost sees (and Marcus hears) another large weasel emerge from the opening vacated by G9. The creature rushes toward them.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm using a deck of combat description cards to spice up this post. There's no game effect, just flavor text. What do you think? Too confusing?

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Tex's readied action moves him back into the main group, so only Lola is up; Cyrius has leftover actions if he wants to use them now.

The goblins' readied actions have split up the initiative order, so I will need to do a separate validations for Lola, then everyone else. I will try to post more frequently so that this doesn't bog down.

Round 5 Begins:
Lola: loaded crossbow readied, 5 channel energy left, wand of CLW 7 charges left (stowed), 23 bolts left, uninjured
Goblins 6, 8 and others unseen
--> Validation
Round 5 Continues:
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 14 hp damage
Worrel: sword and shield readied, sunrod dropped at 1014, 42 arrows left, 9 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, Mage Armor 239.7 min left, uninjured
Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 9 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.8 minutes, 10 hp damage
Texudus TreeBender: bow readied, 37 arrows left, 13 hp damage
Remaining Goblins
Young Dire Weasels

--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.8 minutes
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

With an adversary at hand, Cyrius uses his last ten feet of movement to advance to 0813 and strikes at Goblin 8.

Mind Blade To Hit: 1d20+8
[dice]0[/dice]
Mind Blade Damage: 1d8+3+1d8
[dice]1[/dice]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will move up to take the spot where Cyruis was and fire towards G8 if it is still standing.

[dice]0[/dice] to hit (no penalties if needed due to melee)
[dice]1[/dice]if hits
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

kabkal wrote:Lola will move up to take the spot where Cyruis was and fire towards G8 if it is still standing.

[dice]95517:0[/dice] to hit (no penalties if needed due to melee)
[dice]95517:1[/dice]if hits
[dice]0[/dice] to confirm (again, no penalties if needed)
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus will cast light on his mace so he sees his targets.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Leftover Action from Round 4:

With an adversary at hand, Cyrius advances on and strikes at Goblin 8. He misses.

Round 5 Begins:

Lola move ups to take the spot where Cyruis was and fires towards G8. Her bolt darts into the goblin with an eerie thunk, heralding its passage into the afterlife [crit not confirmed, but 8 hp is enough to kill it].

With expert precision, Goblin 6 sends a crossbow bolt plunging heinously into Lola [5 hp damage]. The goblin then ducks back into the darkness.

Goblin 7 fires a shot at Worrel that misses before likewise ducking into the shadows.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm using a deck of combat description cards to spice up this post. There's no game effect, just flavor text. What do you think? Too confusing?

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Tex's readied action moves him back into the main group, so only Lola is up; Cyrius has leftover actions if he wants to use them now.

The goblins' readied actions have split up the initiative order, so I will need to do a separate validations for Lola, then everyone else. I will try to post more frequently so that this doesn't bog down.

Round 5 Continues:
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 14 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, Mage Armor 239.7 min left, uninjured
Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 9 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.8 minutes, 10 hp damage
Texudus TreeBender: bow readied, 37 arrows left, 13 hp damage
Remaining Goblins
Young Dire Weasels

--> Validation
Round 6 Begins:
Lola: unloaded crossbow readied, 5 channel energy left, wand of CLW 7 charges left (stowed), 22 bolts left, 5 hp damage
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.8 minutes
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost loads his sling staff and fires (@W2)...
Sling staff atk: [dice]0[/dice]
Sling dmg: [dice]1[/dice]

tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex backs up five feet, and let another one go into the little weasel.

atk, pbs, da

dmg, pbs, da
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

[ooc]
patransom wrote:combat description cards
Perfect[/ooc]
Marcus still casts light on his mace.
Image Image
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius moves past Lola and down the passageway to 0516. If a goblin (or anything else that looks like a foe) is within reach, he will swing at it.

Mind Blade To Hit: 1d20+8
[dice]0[/dice]
Mind Blade Damage: 1d8+3
[dice]1[/dice]
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Once Cyrius lights the way, Worrel moves to pursue the fleeing goblins. If he has a chance, he will charge and try to slay one, too.

[ooc]Conditional actions here:

If Cyrius' light does not illuminate a goblin, Worrel will advance and prepare to defend himself
Move - SW,S,S,S to 0215
Standard - Total Defence (+4 dodge to AC, making it 27, Touch 15, Flat 22

If Worrel can see a goblin within 40 ft, Worrel will charge to attack
Move - charge to engage (up to 40 ft) (+2 to attack, -2 to AC (making AC 21, Touch 9, Flat 20)
Attack (with +2 bonus from Charge and -2 from Power Attack): - [dice]0[/dice]
Damage - with +4 from Power Attack - [dice]1[/dice][/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 5 Continues:

Cyrius moves past Lola and down the passageway, ready if a goblin (or anything else that looks like a foe) is within reach. Just around the corner, he can see G7 lurking out of reach.

Once Cyrius lights the way, Worrel charges to attack G7. He swings and misses.

Marcus casts light on his mace.

Prost loads his sling staff and fires at the approaching weasel. Traveling in a short arc, his shot lands in a crushing collision [4 hp damage].

Tex backs up five feet, and lets another one go at the man-sized weasel. This provokes an attack of opportunity [you remain within reach, but you do have cover], but the weasel's bite finds no purchase. With clever aim, Tex impales his shot into the creature [12 hp damage].

Goblin 1 reappears from around the corner to shoot at Tex. The weasel's presence interferes with his aim, so he misses.

Goblin 9 likewise reappears to shoot at Prost, with similar results.

Dripping blood, Weasel 1 becomes visibly enraged and springs forward to snap at Tex. Its teeth gouge a small chunk from Tex's underside [11 hp damage]. Worse yet, the creature latches on and will not let go [Tex is grappled].

Also enraged from its wounds, Weasel 2 charges down the corridor at Prost. The halfling manages to avoid being bitten.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Lola is up.

Round 6 Begins:
Lola: unloaded crossbow readied, 5 channel energy left, wand of CLW 7 charges left (stowed), 22 bolts left, 5 hp damage
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation
Round 6 Continues:
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, ready if a goblin (or anything else that looks like a foe) comes within reach, 14 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 40 min left, Mage Armor 239.6 min left, uninjured
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.7 minutes, 10 hp damage
Texudus TreeBender: bow readied, 36 arrows left, 24 hp damage, grappled
Remaining Goblins
Young Dire Weasel 1: blood rage, 20 hp damage
Young Dire Weasel 2: blood rage, charged, 4 hp damage

--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.7 minutes
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius will move to 0316 to provide light for Worrel. If he hears Texudus giving voice to his predicament, he will call for Lola to go help the dwarf.
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex tries to shake off the critter, while moving away to 1208?

cmb?
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel tries to dispatch the goblin in front of him, slashing with his sword. If he does, Worrel will move south to the extent of the light.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Standard - attack - longsword +7 (BAB +4, Str +4, +1 MW, -2 Power Attack) - [dice]0[/dice]
Damage - 1d8+8 (+4 Str, +4 Power Attack) - [dice]1[/dice]

Move - S to0217 or 0218

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on Lola[/ooc]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will reload her crossbow and then move to 616 trying to catch up with the others in her group.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 6 Begins:

Lola reloads her heavy crossbow (a full-round action).

A crossbow bolt comes out of the darkness to Worrel's south and bounces off his armor.

Goblin 7 steps into the darkness. Almost immediately, another bolt comes out of the darkness, but misses Worrel completely.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Need actions from Prost and Marcus.

Round 6 Continues:
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, ready if a goblin (or anything else that looks like a foe) comes within reach, 14 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 40 min left, Mage Armor 239.6 min left, uninjured
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.7 minutes, 10 hp damage
Texudus TreeBender: bow readied, 36 arrows left, 24 hp damage, grappled
Remaining Goblins
Young Dire Weasel 2: blood rage, charged, 4 hp damage

--> Validation
Round 7 Begins:
Lola: loaded crossbow readied, 5 channel energy left, wand of CLW 7 charges left (stowed), 22 bolts left, 5 hp damage
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.7 minutes
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost holds his sling staff in his off hand, & quick draws his MW short sword. He pokes at Weasel 2 and steps back to 1022 (five foot step).
MW Short Sword atk: [dice]0[/dice]
MW Short Sword dmg:[dice]1[/dice]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus will take a 5' step to 1021 and attack with mace.[ooc]I don't have access to sheet. Please make rolls for me. I don't recall my mace's attack...[/ooc]
Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 6 Continues:

Cyrius moves west to provide light for Worrel, leaving Lola alone in the dark.

Worrel steps forward and tries to dispatch the goblin in front of him, slashing with his sword. He misses.

Marcus waits for Prost...

Prost holds his sling staff in his off hand and quick draws his masterwork short sword. He pokes at Weasel 2, a snapping jab that slips neatly in and out of the creature [2 hp damage]. Prost himself then slips away, taking a step back to the south.

Marcus steps into the spot vacated by Prost and attacks with his mace. A quick snap of his weapon results in an audible pop as it connects with the animal [8 hp damage].

Tex tries to shake off the critter, but cannot and finds himself unable to move away [CMB check failed to beat the weasel's CMD].

Goblin 1 shoots his crossbow at Tex, but is unable to hit, what with there being a thrashing weasel attached to the dwarf and all.

Goblin 9 shoots down the hall at Prost, also with no success.

Weasel 1 continues to sink its fangs into Tex's underside [11 hp damage]. In the process, Tex feels the awful creature sucking away at his blood [3 points of CON drain].

With a confident forward lunge, Weasel 2 thrusts its teeth deep into Marcus and latches on [12 hp damage and Marcus is grappled].
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Lola's turn.

Round 7 Begins:
Lola: loaded crossbow readied, 5 channel energy left, wand of CLW 7 charges left (stowed), 22 bolts left, 5 hp damage
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation
Round 7 Continues:
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.6 minutes, 10 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.9 min left, Mage Armor 239.5 min left, 12 hp damage, grappled
Texudus TreeBender: bow readied, 36 arrows left, 35 hp damage, 3 points CON drain, grappled
Remaining Goblins
Young Dire Weasel 2: blood rage, 14 hp damage

--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.6 minutes
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel slashes again at the goblin in front of him. If he dispatches it, he will advance around the corner until he either meets another goblin or reaches an intersection.

[ooc]Standard - Attack - longsword +7 (BAB +4, Str +4, MW +1, Power Attack -2) - [dice]0[/dice]
Longsword damage (+4 Str, +4 Power Attack) - [dice]1[/dice]

Move - 20 ft[/ooc]

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”