The Third Face of Evil

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on Prost[/ooc]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost still trying to escape the Dire Weasels flips (drops) his short sword, to the north (noisy distraction) and trying to sneak away, (double move) he moves west to 0817, and then makes his way south and west to 0720...
Stealth checkShow
[dice]0[/dice]
[ooc]hoping they can't see in dark[/ooc]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 10 Continues:

Cyrius moves north up the corridor. We were fools to go running all over the place, he announces as he waits for Lola to catch up. Time to use the wits Athena gave us.

Worrel continues around the corner with his shield held up before him. Feeling his way along in the dark, he nearly falls when he stumbles over something soft at his feet. He's not quite sure what it is, but the obstruction is about shin height, possible the fallen form of a goblin... or a dwarf... It doesn't move, so it does not trigger a reflexive swing from Worrel's sword.

Prost, still trying to escape the Dire Weasels, flips his short sword to the north and tries to sneak away. He moves west, then makes his way south and west out the door.

Marcus remains unconscious.

Miraculously, Tex stops bleeding and stabilizes.

Still wondering what lies at his feet in the darkness, Worrel hears the whizz of a missile parting the air in front of him. The sound ends with a satisfying smack and is followed by sudden pain as whatever it was pierces Worrel's armor [8 hp damage].

Looking behind him, Prost sees that the weasels were not fooled by his distraction. Indeed, they seem to have heard his footsteps [moving at full speed in stealth will do that]. After stalking slowly through the darkness, the first weasel comes through the door, sniffs the air quickly, then launches right at the halfling. Prost is fortunate to duck its bite. The second weasel creeps up behind its partner.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Sorry, the Cathedral map is upside down with respect to the labyrinth map. I'm much to lazy to paste them together. 1323 on the cathedral map is 1022 on the labyrinth. Let me know if this is too confusing...

Lola is up now.

The goblins' readied actions have split up the initiative order, so I will need to do a separate validations for Lola, then everyone else. I will try to post more frequently so that this doesn't bog down.

Shaded area marks the limits of shadowy illumination provided by the torches/sunrods you're using; crosshatched area shows the extent of Prost's and Tex's darkvision (the others can't see that far). The yellow blob is Worrel's dropped sunrod.

Round 11 Begins:
Lola: unloaded crossbow readied, 5 channel energy left, wand of CLW 7 charges left (stowed), 21 bolts left, 27 hp damage
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation
Round 11 Continues:
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 28 hp damage
Worrel: sword and shield readied, sunrod dropped at 1014, 42 arrows left, 20 hp damage
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, masterwork short sword dropped at 1216 (cathedral map), 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.2 minutes, 22 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace dropped next to him, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.5 min left, Mage Armor 239.2 min left, 21 hp damage, 4 points CON damage, unconscious but stable
Texudus TreeBender: batteaxe dropped next to him, bow dropped at 1508, 36 arrows left, 48 hp damage, 7 points CON damage, unconscious but stable
Remaining Goblins
Young Dire Weasel 1: blood rage, 20 hp damage
Young Dire Weasel 2: blood rage, 18 hp damage

--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.2 minutes
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost continues to try and slip away...
Stealth checkShow
[dice]0[/dice]
5' step to 0621 and he move quietly to the west...to 0221

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

[ooc]Worrel has low-light vision. Can he tell anything about the shape at his feet?[/ooc]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

smeltdm wrote:5' step to 0621 and he move quietly to the west...to 0221
[ooc]You cannot 5' step and do an actual move in the same round (see here). You can, however, use the withdraw full-round action to do the same move without taking an AoO, so we can go with that, unless you want to change your mind.[/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

JPetherick wrote:Worrel has low-light vision. Can he tell anything about the shape at his feet?
[ooc]Nope. He's in total darkness because the nearest light source is around a corner.[/ooc]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

patransom wrote:
smeltdm wrote:5' step to 0621 and he move quietly to the west...to 0221
[ooc]You cannot 5' step and do an actual move in the same round (see here). You can, however, use the withdraw full-round action to do the same move without taking an AoO, so we can go with that, unless you want to change your mind.[/ooc]
Then, Prost will Withdraw max distance to West.

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

On the chance that this is his companion, Worrel reaches down to grab the object at his feet and begins dragging it backwards towards the corner and the light.

[ooc]Move - grab object
Move - 20 ft west to 1108[/ooc]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola not being able to see south, will turn and head north as far as she can to see if she can join someone on the team.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex silently, unconsciously, considers the life choices that have brought him face to face with a dire weasel.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 11 Begins:

Lola, not being able to see south, turns and heads north until she joins Cyrius.

Two crossbow bolts come out of the darkness at the southern end of the corridor, their high-pitched song singing an aria of death as both slam into Cyrius [6 hp damage total].
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Just need Cyrius for the next validation half.

The goblins' readied actions have split up the initiative order, so I will need to do a separate validations for Lola, then everyone else. I will try to post more frequently so that this doesn't bog down.

Shaded area marks the limits of shadowy illumination provided by the torches/sunrods you're using; crosshatched area shows the extent of Prost's and Tex's darkvision (the others can't see that far). The yellow blob is Worrel's dropped sunrod.

The Cathedral map is upside down with respect to the labyrinth map. I'm much to lazy to paste them together. 1323 on the cathedral map is 1022 on the labyrinth. Let me know if this is too confusing...

Round 11 Continues:
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 34 hp damage
Worrel: sword and shield readied, sunrod dropped at 1014, 42 arrows left, 20 hp damage
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, masterwork short sword dropped at 1216 (cathedral map), 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.2 minutes, 22 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace dropped next to him, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.5 min left, Mage Armor 239.2 min left, 21 hp damage, 4 points CON damage, unconscious but stable
Texudus TreeBender: batteaxe dropped next to him, bow dropped at 1508, 36 arrows left, 48 hp damage, 7 points CON damage, unconscious but stable
Remaining Goblins

--> Validation
Round 12 Begins:
Lola: unloaded crossbow readied, 5 channel energy left, wand of CLW 7 charges left (stowed), 21 bolts left, 27 hp damage
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.2 minutes
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on Cyrius[/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

[ooc]Sorry about that, must have missed an email notification. Darn gremlins have crept over from the other campaign![/ooc]

Cyrius moves to 1009 and looks up and down the corridor. [talk]Pick up the sunrod and we'll look for the others,[/talk] he advises Lola.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 11 Continues:

Cyrius moves back into the main corridor and looks up and down it. Pick up the sunrod and we'll look for the others, he advises Lola.

On the chance that this is his companion, Worrel reaches down to grab the object at his feet and begins dragging it backwards towards the corner and the light. As he emerges from the darkness, he sees that his guess was correct. He's dragged the motionless form of Tex out into the light. The dwarf is still alive, but unconscious and covered in bloody bite marks. His backpack is also open, as though someone has been rummaging through his gear.

Moving slowly so as to be a silent as possible, Prost withdraws from the weasels.

Marcus and Tex remain unconscious.

A crossbow bolt comes out of the darkness that Worrel just vacated and bounces off his armor.

Weasel 1 seems confused by Prost's disappearance, so it stops to sniff the air, then turns and heads in his direction.

Weasel 2 is not fooled at all and follows the sound of the footsteps right along the halfling's path. When it reaches him, it snaps at Prost's legs, but he's too quick for the creature to get a hold.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Lola's turn.

The Cathedral map is upside down with respect to the labyrinth map. I'm much to lazy to paste them together. 1323 on the cathedral map is 1022 on the labyrinth. Let me know if this is too confusing...

Round 12 Begins:
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation
Round 12 Continues:
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 34 hp damage
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, masterwork short sword dropped at 1216 (cathedral map), 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.1 minutes, 22 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace dropped next to him, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.4 min left, Mage Armor 239.1 min left, 21 hp damage, 4 points CON damage, unconscious but stable
Remaining Goblins

--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.1 minutes
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will double move to get to the sunrod, if she gets there she will pick it up. She will then do a quick look about to see if she see anything threatening in the hallway. (just a quick glance, not a true perception check).
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 12 Begins:

Lola moves to the spot where Worrel dropped his sunrod [she doesn't have enough actions left to pick it up]. A quick look about shows her nothing threatening in the hallway, but she can clearly see Marcus' unconscious form lying in a heap to the south.

No one hears a peep from any of the goblins.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Everyone except Lola is up.

The Cathedral map is upside down with respect to the labyrinth map. I'm much too lazy to paste them together. 1323 on the cathedral map is 1022 on the labyrinth. Let me know if this is too confusing...

Round 12 Continues:
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, masterwork short sword dropped at 1216 (cathedral map), 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.1 minutes, 22 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace dropped next to him, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.4 min left, Mage Armor 239.1 min left, 21 hp damage, 4 points CON damage, unconscious but stable
Remaining Goblins

--> Validation
Round 13 Begins:
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.1 minutes
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel drags Tex around the corner and away from the line of fire. Once in a safe spot, he mutters a prayer to Mitra and then touches Tex, hoping to heal his companion.

[ooc]Move - 20 ft to 1011
Standard - Lay on Hands - 2d6
[dice]0[/dice][/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

With the return of Worrel and Texudus, Cyrius takes a five-foot step back (to 1010), charges his mind blade with psychic energy, and stands ready to strike at any foe who comes around the corner in pursuit.

Mind Blade Attack Roll: 1d20+8
[dice]0[/dice]
Mind Blade Damage Roll: 1d8+3+1d8
[dice]1[/dice]
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost hoping the Dire Weasels can not see him move in the darkness, attempts to stealthy move away to the west (10')...
Stealth CheckShow
[dice]0[/dice]
[ooc]if they can't see me, hear me...will they get attack of opportunity?[/ooc]

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

smeltdm wrote:if they can't see me, hear me...will they get attack of opportunity?
[ooc]If they cannot see, hear, or otherwise detect you, they don't get an attack of opportunity. However, one of them just nearly bit you, so you might suspect they can see, hear, or otherwise detect you, right? Of course, you could avoid the attack of opportunity using the withdraw action like you did last time...[/ooc]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

patransom wrote:
smeltdm wrote:if they can't see me, hear me...will they get attack of opportunity?
[ooc]If they cannot see, hear, or otherwise detect you, they don't get an attack of opportunity. However, one of them just nearly bit you, so you might suspect they can see, hear, or otherwise detect you, right? Of course, you could avoid the attack of opportunity using the withdraw action like you did last time...[/ooc]
[ooc]Good point...Prost will withdraw max distance to West...do I need to roll again?[/ooc]

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 12 Continues:

Cyrius takes a step back, charges his mind blade with psychic energy, and stands ready to strike at any foe who comes around the corner in pursuit...

Worrel drags Tex around the corner and away from the line of fire. Once in a safe spot, he mutters a prayer to Mitra and then touches Tex, hoping to heal his companion. Tex stirs, but does not wake up [healed 6 hp, still at -2 due to CON damage].

Prost stealthily withdraws to the east.

No goblins are seen or heard.

Weasel 2 seems confused by Prost's retreat, but Weasel 1 hears his footsteps and pursues. It closes and nips at his heels, but without success. Weasel 2, sniffing the air, follows more slowly.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Lola is up.

I have finally combined the two maps for ease of reference!

Round 13 Begins:
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation
Round 13 Continues:
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 34 hp damage, READIED ACTION
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, masterwork short sword dropped at 1129, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.0 minutes, 22 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace dropped next to him, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.3 min left, Mage Armor 239.0 min left, 21 hp damage, 4 points CON damage, unconscious but stable
Texudus TreeBender: batteaxe dropped next to him, bow dropped at 1508, 36 arrows left, 42 hp damage, 7 points CON damage, unconscious but stable
Remaining Goblins

--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.0 minutes
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will drop crossbow, pull out CLW wand and move towards Marcus. If able will zap him this round, if not able next round.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 13 Begins:

Lola drops her crossbow, pulls out the CLW wand, and moves towards Marcus.

Still no sign of any goblins.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Everyone but Lola is up.

Round 13 Continues:
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 34 hp damage, READIED ACTION
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, masterwork short sword dropped at 1129, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.0 minutes, 22 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace dropped next to him, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.3 min left, Mage Armor 239.0 min left, 21 hp damage, 4 points CON damage, unconscious but stable
Texudus TreeBender: batteaxe dropped next to him, bow dropped at 1508, 36 arrows left, 42 hp damage, 7 points CON damage, unconscious but stable
Remaining Goblins

--> Validation
Round 14 Begins:
Lola: wand of CLW readied w/ 7 charges left, unloaded crossbow dropped at 1014, 5 channel energy left, 21 bolts left, 27 hp damage
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.0 minutes
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost continues to withdraw max distance away from the Dire Weasels...
Stealth CheckShow
[dice]0[/dice]

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel calls upon the healing provided by Mitra once more, hoping to heal his companion sufficiently to get him on his feet. After that, he moves south to where the sunrod is laying on the floor.

[ooc]Standard - Lay on Hands - for Tex
[dice]0[/dice]

Move - 15 ft south to 1014[/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on Cyrius[/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius will remain where he is until/unless Marcus gets to his feet and (presumably) follows Worrel.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 13 Continues:

Cyrius remains where he is, maintaining a readied action.

Worrel calls upon the healing provided by Mitra once more, hoping to heal his companion sufficiently to get him on his feet [6 hp healed]. When he sees Tex begin to rise, he moves south to where the sunrod is laying on the floor.

Prost continues to withdraw stealthily away from the Dire Weasels.

Tex stands up and looks around in confusion. Ugh, he says I could use a lot more healing. And where are my weapons?

A crossbow bolt comes out of the shadows at the northern corner of the corridor (1108). It misses the startled Cyrius, who glimpses Goblin 1 briefly before the creature ducks back into the darkness around the corner.

Weasel 1 is briefly confused by Prost's disappearance into the shadows. It sniffs the air, catches wind of him, then pursues.

Weasel 2 is not fooled and growls angrily as it crowds in behind its kin, unable to get at Prost.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Lola is up.

Round 14 Begins:
Lola: wand of CLW readied w/ 7 charges left, unloaded crossbow dropped at 1014, 5 channel energy left, 21 bolts left, 27 hp damage
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation
Round 14 Continues:
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, masterwork short sword dropped at 1129, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 176.9 minutes, 22 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace dropped next to him, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.2 min left, Mage Armor 238.9 min left, 21 hp damage, 4 points CON damage, unconscious but stable
Texudus TreeBender: batteaxe and bow dropped at 1508, 36 arrows left, 36 hp damage, 7 points CON damage
Remaining Goblins

--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 72.9 minutes

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”