The Third Face of Evil

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by CGM3 »

[talk]Got somebody down this corridor,[/talk] Cyrius warns as he steps back to 1020 (assuming Lola and Marcus are in 1021 and 1121). [talk]Pitiful opening shot, but I'd like to get out of the way before he gets any better.[/talk]
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost reloads his sling staff and moves back to 1022...and quitly says...[whisper]Sorry...[/whisper]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel advances down to the corner, shining the light from his sword both to the east and north. If he spots a goblin within twenty feet, he will move to engage the enemy. Otherwise, he will hunker down behind his shield in an effort to avoid any more crossbow bolts.

[ooc]Move - 20 ft to 1721
Standard - Assume Total Defence (+4 dodge bonus to AC) (current AC 27, flat 22, touch 15)[/ooc]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 2 Continues

Got somebody down this corridor, Cyrius warns as he steps back to closer to Lola and Marcus. Pitiful opening shot, but I'd like to get out of the way before he gets any better. [After a 5 foot step, Cyrius has a full action remaining...]

Worrel advances down to the corner, shining the light from his sword both to the east and north. Just as he reaches the intersection, he hears a slight whoosh as a crossbow bolt comes sailing from the north to strike him dead center [4 hp damage including sneak attack; again lame]. He then spots the goblin (G6) lurking around a corner to the north (he was at 1815). The enemy is not within 20 feet, so Worrel hunkers down behind his shield in an effort to avoid any more crossbow bolts [total defense].

Lola moves up into the east passage and take aim down the corridor, but doesn't see anything.

Round 3 Begins

Again, Tex moves past Worrel and shoots at the goblin G6 who is peering around the corner. The goblin is too slow to duck back and the terminal shot sets its victim heaving in a series of violent death-throes [9 hp damage, G6 dead].

Marcus follows down the east passage with Worrel.

Prost reloads his sling staff and moves back into the main corridor... and quietly says to Cyrius... Sorry...

In the light provided by Prost's sunrod, Cyrius can now see his goblin attacker, so he takes immediate action to fire his crossbow. The missile's low drone ceases abruptly as it lodges itself in G1 (who was at 1011) [6 hp damage]. Cyrius then reloads. [Let me know if this isn't what Cyrius would have done with his remaining action for this round, but I figured I'd move things along.]

Goblin G1 retreats into the darkness at the north end of the corridor (1008), leaving no visible goblins.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Crosshatched areas are total darkness where only Tex's darkvision can see.

Round 3 Continues
Worrel: longsword and shield readied, 42 arrows left, light (from Marcus) on longsword 48.6 min left, 4 hp damage
Lola: loaded heavy crossbow readied, wand of CLW 5 charges left, 51 bolts left
Round 4 Begins
Texudus TreeBender: longbow readied, 34 arrows left
Marcus Tilsworth: loaded crossbow readied, 44 bolts left
Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 5 regular bullets left, sunrod in boot
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: loaded crossbow readied, 12 bolts left, 2 hp damage
Goblins
---->Validation
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will move down to 1521 and keep her crossbow at the ready, looking past the party to make sure no one sneaks up behind the group looking down the hallway.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius will move to 1121, slinging his (unloaded) crossbow on the way, and manifest his mind blade in its longsword configuration once he gets there, keeping an eye on the corridor he just left.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

[talk]"I am after that one,"[/talk] states Worrel. He moves to the north, still keeping his shield up to fend off any bolts.

[ooc]Move - 20 ft to 1717
Standard - Total Defence (+4 dodge bonus to AC, AC 27, flat 22, touch 15)[/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on Prost and Marcus[/ooc]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus sticks with Worrel for the remainder of encounter. He'll use up his rays first and switch to his crossbow when all seven rays spent. Default action target nearest for keeping distance for ranged attacks.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost holds action till Cyrius leaves he corridor, then moves to 1321.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 3 Continues

I am after that one, states Worrel. He moves to the north, still keeping his shield up to fend off any bolts [total defense]. He takes a look to the east as he passes the first intersection (1719), but sees no goblins that way.

Lola moves down the passage and keeps her crossbow at the ready, looking past the party to make sure no one sneaks up behind the group looking down the hallway [readied action].

Round 4 Begins

Tex moves up behind Worrel, longbow drawn should any goblins appear [readied action].

Marcus sticks with Worrel and Tex, also ready to electrocute any goblins [readied action].

Prost waits for Cyrius...

Cyrius moves into the east corridor, manifesting his mind blade in its longsword configuration on the way, and slinging his (unloaded) crossbow once he gets there, keeping an eye on the corridor he just left.

Prost moves into the east corridor as well, lighting the way.

No goblins make themselves known...
ACTIVE EFFECTS

Round 4 Continues
Worrel: longsword and shield readied, 42 arrows left, light (from Marcus) on longsword 48.5 min left, 4 hp damage
Lola: loaded heavy crossbow readied, wand of CLW 5 charges left, 51 bolts left
Round 5 Begins
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: mind blade longsword readied, 12 bolts left, 2 hp damage
Goblins
---->Validation
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will move to 1720 using the walls as cover, she will look south, keeping a look to the left and right in case anything is trying to come up behind the party.

[ooc]Don't have my sheet right now. Will check to see if Lola has a light spell and if does will cast it on bolt to light up the dark space. If not she will just keep watch. Will look up and update tonight when I get home from work. Have it, so turn updated.[/ooc]

Lola will cast light on her bolt and shoot it toward the darkened area to the east. Will aim to try to avoid getting it stuck in the wall. She will then reload her crossbow (realizing this might take more that 1 round).
Last edited by kabkal on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel continues north, cautiously looking to the east when he reaches the first tunnel. If his Light reveals a goblin, he will head east towards it. Otherwise, he continues moving until just before the intersection at the north.

[ooc]Move - either 15 ft to 1714 or 20 ft to 1915
Standard - Total Defence (+4 dodge bonus to AC, currently AC 27, touch 15, flat 22)[/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius will back up to 1721, keeping an eye to the west.
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost double moves to 2121...quick peek to north and ducks back[ooc]Is that too much... :hmm:[/ooc]

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 4 Continues

Worrel continues north, cautiously looking to the east when he reaches the first tunnel. His Light reveals no goblins that way, only a larger room, so he continues moving until just before the intersection at the north. Peering around the corner to the west, he sees a goblin (G7) standing in the shadows next to a gong. The goblin, seeing Worrel's head peek around the corner begins pounding furiously on the gong, making quite a racket.

Lola moves into the north corridor using the walls as cover. She casts light on her loaded crossbow bolt, preparing to shoot it to light up any dark space nearby.

Round 5 Begins

Tex moves up behind Worrel, longbow drawn should any goblins appear [readied action].

Marcus sticks with Worrel and Tex, also ready to electrocute any goblins [readied action].

Cyrius backs up down the east corridor, keeping an eye to the west.

Prost moves to the end of the east corridor and takes a quick peek to the north. Seeing nothing of interest, he ducks back.

G7 drops his mallet and shoots his crossbow at Worrel.It's a fairly good shot, but Worrel, partially hidden behind the corner, readily blocks it with his shield.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round 5 Continues
Worrel: longsword and shield readied, 42 arrows left, light (from Marcus) on longsword 48.4 min left, 4 hp damage
Lola: loaded heavy crossbow readied, light on loaded bolt 50 min left, wand of CLW 5 charges left, 51 bolts left
Round 6 Begins
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: mind blade longsword readied, 12 bolts left, 2 hp damage
Goblins
---->Validation
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola fires the bolt has per the previous post.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

[ooc]My laptop is kaput. No access to my sheet until computer is replaced. Any chance I can get a pdf printout of my status sheet so I don't have to keep asking you where Marcus is at on used spells and equipment?[/ooc]

Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Here you go. Marcus hasn't used any spells or rays yet today. The pdf should accurately reflect everything else.[/ooc]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel is reluctant to charge off and split up the party. Instead of turning the corner and charging after the goblin at the gong, he moves past Tex in order to enter the room that he passed. If he spots a goblin, he will move to attack (if possible) or simply engage.

[ooc]Move - 20 ft to 2015, or further to engage a goblin
Attack (if required, or for an AoO) - MW longsword +10 (+5 BAB +4 Str +1 MW) - [dice]0[/dice]
Damage (if required) - MW longsword 1d8+4 (+4 Str) - [dice]1[/dice][/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on Cyrius and Prost[/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

[talk]Athena's incontinent owl, Prost, get your undersized rear end back here,[/talk] Cyrius admonishes the halfling. [talk]Haven't we all learned by now that spreadin' out like this is just askin' to get ganged up on?[/talk]

When Prost moves into the north-south corridor, and Lola moves further north, he will step back into 1720 and act as rear guard.
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost ignores the noise >:) and quietly moves 2219. Should he happen to see something along the way, say @ 2220, he will stop there and fire.
Stealth CheckShow
[dice]0[/dice]
Firing @ target of opportunityShow
Sling Staff atk:[dice]1[/dice]
Sling Staff dmg:[dice]2[/dice]
[ooc]:wtf: well with those kind of rolls, I hope there is nothing there...[/ooc]

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 5 Continues

Worrel is reluctant to charge off and split up the party. Instead of turning the corner and charging after the goblin at the gong, he moves past Tex in order to enter the room that he passed. He finds no goblins, only an empty campsite.

Lola shoots her lighted bolt into the room to the east. It clatters to the ground at 2117, adding to the light provided by Worrel's shield. She then begins reloading her crossbow (will take 1 more move action next round).

Round 6 Begins

Seeing the Worrel has avoided engaging the goblin by the gong, Tex says, I"ll get that little bugger. He steps up to the corner and fires two quick arrows at the goblin [rapid shot, point blank shot]. His first shot sails wide, but his second missile plunges into the goblin's neck, leaving it to tremble helplessly as it seizes up and expires [10 hp damage, G7 dead].

Marcus continues to follow Worrel, still ready to electrocute any goblins [readied action].

Athena's incontinent owl, Prost, get your undersized rear end back here, Cyrius admonishes Prost. Haven't we all learned by now that spreadin' out like this is just askin' to get ganged up on? He waits for Prost and Lola to do what he hopes they will...

Prost ignores Cyrius' advice and quietly moves into the now lighted room, leaving Cyrius in the dark again. Like everyone else, he finds only an empty campsite.

In the darkened corridor, Cyrius hears the faint sound of footsteps from the west. There are no other signs of goblins...
ACTIVE EFFECTS

Round 6 Continues
Worrel: longsword and shield readied, 42 arrows left, light (from Marcus) on longsword 48.3 min left, 4 hp damage
Lola: unloaded heavy crossbow readied, light on bolt at 2117 49.9 min left, wand of CLW 5 charges left, 50 bolts left
Round 7 Begins
Texudus TreeBender: longbow readied, 32 arrows left
Goblins
---->Validation
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost moves back around the corner, south and west to 2021 ready to fire if he see a foe.

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel moves to explore the tunnel leaving the northeastern corner of the room. He heads east before turning north to the tunnel intersection. While he does this, he keeps his shield high in case more arrows or bolts are fired at him.

[ooc]Move - 20 ft to 2213
Standard - Fight Defensively (-4 to Attacks, +2 dodge bonus to AC) (AC 25, Touch 13, Flat 22)[/ooc]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Once Lola's crossbow is loaded she will catch up with the rest of the group.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

patransom wrote:[ooc]Here you go. Marcus hasn't used any spells or rays yet today. The pdf should accurately reflect everything else.[/ooc]
Thanks

Image Image
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus sticks with Worrel.

Image Image
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

patransom wrote:[ooc]Here you go. Marcus hasn't used any spells or rays yet today. The pdf should accurately reflect everything else.[/ooc]
I don't know what happened the PDF open once when I went back into it I got a message saying I was damaged and now I can't download it from the site

Image Image

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”