The Third Face of Evil

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by Duniagdra »

Once exploration begins again Marcus will resume his previous readied action beside Worrel. Elemental rays first. Crossbow loaded and ready after. He will cast out if opportunity is there and use alchemists fire on those in the pit each round until they die, no more left, or pit ends.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel thinks for a moment before suggesting a course of action. [talk]"I will lead, again. Perhaps the room to the north of where we are? Some goblins seemed to come from that direction.[/talk]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost will follow close behind Worrel to deal traps, locked doors and the like...
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

smeltdm wrote:Prost suggest to Cyrius, [whisper]We should rejoin the others[/whisper]
Cyrius agrees and accompanies the halfling as they make their way to the rest of the group, still keeping an eye on the north-south corridor.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola tosses the broken bolt the opposite direction of where we are going and gets in line.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

At Worrel's suggestion, the party falls into line and moves north. The chamber at the end of the passage has a strong, musky animal smell. The floor is covered in straw and scat. Anyone with a wisdom higher than 7 would suspect this room was the lair of the weasels that caused Prost so much trouble. There are additional corridors exiting the room to the south and west.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Let me know if you want me to change marching order.

Worrel: longsword and shield readied, 42 arrows left, light (from Marcus) on longsword 45.1 min left, 4 hp damage
Lola: loaded heavy crossbow readied, wand of CLW 5 charges left, 69 bolts left
Texudus TreeBender: longbow readied, 32 arrows left
Marcus Tilsworth: loaded crossbow readied, 84 bolts left
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, 12 bolts left, 2 hp damage
Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 4 regular bullets left, 40 crossbow bolts left, sunrod in boot
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

As Prost moves in line behind Marcus, he can't help but notice the "Goggles" he is wearing. Whispering to Marcus...[whisper]My uncle had a pair of those. Made him quite a good lock picker...[/whisper]

[ooc]Something a rogue would notice, plus I saw them on your sheet that Pat posted... :angel:[/ooc]

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on actions from anyone[/ooc]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

[whisper]Pssst! Worrel...is there a problem? Do you want me to take the lead?[/whisper] Prost moves forward to take lead if Worrel doesn't respond.

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

[whisper]"Nah, it's okay. I was just thinking about what to do,[/whisper] replies Worrel.

Worrel enters the room, moving to the point where he can see into both the southern and wester tunnels.

[ooc]Move to 2004[/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

After some whispering, Worrel enters the room, moving to the point where he can see into both the southern and western tunnels. The south tunnel seems to connect to corridors that Tex had previously explored. The western tunnel opens into another larger chamber.

Surprise Round

Then, without warning, a crossbow bolt comes flying from the darkness to the west. It makes an audible whack as it connects with Worrel, but does limited damage thanks to the thickness of his armor [1 hp damage].

Round 1 Begins

Tex reacts quickly to the sound and rushes into the room next to Worrel. There's a goblin straight ahead of you to the west, just outside the range of your light, he advises Worrel. The dark can't hide you from me! he yells, shaking his bow for emphasis.

In response, another bolt comes out of the darkness to strike Worrel. This hit finds a chink in Worrel's armor, but he still manages to twist at the last second to lessen the injury [2 hp damage].
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round 1 Continues
Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 4 regular bullets left, 40 crossbow bolts left, sunrod in boot
Lola: loaded heavy crossbow readied, wand of CLW 5 charges left, 69 bolts left
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, 12 bolts left, 2 hp damage
Worrel: longsword and shield readied, 42 arrows left, light (from Marcus) on longsword 45.1 min left, 7 hp damage
Round 2 Begins
Goblin(s?) hiding in the dark
---> Validation
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost make a double move to 1903...running straight north to 2203, then east to 1903, keeping lower than usual, to avoid being a target.

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola hearing the yelling casts light on the readied bolt, and has soon as she can will move into the room and ready to fire down the dark hallway.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius closes ranks with Lola and keeps a watch down the corridor.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel will advance down the corridor to the west, bringing light to the goblins. If he can, he will close with one of the crossbow wielding goblins.

[ooc]Move - 20 ft west to 1604

If there is a goblin revealed by the Light spell, Worrel will close with it.[/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 1 Continues

Prost moves into the weasel room, running first north then east, keeping lower than usual to avoid being a target.

Lola, hearing the yelling casts light, on her readied bolt, then moves into the weasel room, getting ready to fire down the dark hallway.

Cyrius closes ranks with Lola and keeps a watch down the corridor.

Worrel advances down the corridor to the west, bringing light to the goblins. Seeing two that he could close with, he enters the goblin room, which triggers readied actions from several goblins...

The goblin lieutenant (L, who was at 1106) casts grease, but Worrel manages to keep his feet, at least initially [made Reflex save].

The two goblins (G1 and G2) hiding in the corners of the room, who Worrel failed to spot at first, fire their crossbows, but both shots bounce off his armor.

Worrel tries to move out of the grease and close with the goblins, but slips and falls [failed Acrobatics check by more than 5].

Marcus moves into the weasel room and, seeing the opportunity, casts create pit (per previous instructions). The goblin boss (B) is caught in the area, but manages to leap to safety (from 1102 to 1103) [made Reflex save].

Round 2 Begins

Tex moves closer to get a clear shot, then fires at the spellcasting goblin (L, who was at 1106). With an unsettling serenity and composure, he zeroes in on his target, killing it with one shot [13 hp damage]. The goblin's body slides into the pit.

The goblin boss (B) plucks a small bead from his necklace and flings it over Worrel's and Tex's heads. It detonates in a fireball right next to Marcus [each party member is in the AOE and takes 18 hp damage or 9 hp if they make a DC14 Reflex save]. The goblin boss then steps away from the edge of the pit.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Everyone please make your DC14 Reflex save versus the fireball so I can update your hit points, then go ahead and post your actions.

Ongoing AoE spells:
[list][*]Grease (1404-1505): 2.9 min left, Acrobatics DC10 to move at half speed, Reflex DC13 or fall if you fail the Acrobatics check by 5 or more.
[*]Create Pit (1103-1206): 5 rounds left, if ending turn next to pit, Reflex DC16 at +2 to avoid falling in.[/list]

Round 2 Continues
Lola: loaded heavy crossbow readied, wand of CLW 5 charges left, light on readied crossbow bolt 49.9 min left, 69 bolts left
Worrel: longsword and shield readied, 42 arrows left, light (from Marcus) on longsword 45.0 min left, prone, 7 hp damage
Round 3 Begins
Goblin Boss (B)
Goblin Lieutenant (L): DEAD
Goblin 1 (G1)
Goblin 2 (G2)

---> Validation
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost reflex save: [dice]0[/dice]
If successful save no damage "Evasion (EX)
Prost holds action, till target presents its self or he can move to a position and fire (ie 1604) other wise hold action.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus will move in behind Tex.

Image Image
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

[dice]0[/dice] ref save for Lola
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

After dodging the fireball a bit, and seeing there is now light down the hallway Lola will move up to 1905 and hold ready to fire if she sees anything to shoot.
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

OUT OF CHARACTER
[dice]0[/dice]

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

After wallowing on the greasy floor and being severely burned, Worrel attempts to stand. Once he is up, he steps close to the goblin and attempts to dispatch it.
OUT OF CHARACTER
[dice]0[/dice]

OUT OF CHARACTER
Longsword (with Power Attack) +8 - BAB +5, Str +4, +1 MW, -2 PA
[dice]1[/dice]
Longsword damage - Str +4, PA +4
[dice]2[/dice]

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

JPetherick wrote:After wallowing on the greasy floor and being severely burned, Worrel attempts to stand. Once he is up, he steps close to the goblin and attempts to dispatch it.
[ooc]Worrel doesn't need a save to stand. He does need a DC10 Acrobatics check to move once he stands.

If he fails the Acrobatics check by 5 or more, THEN he would need a save to avoid falling back down. We'll save the roll above for that possibility.

I corrected the spell summary above to clarify.[/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Duniagdra wrote:Marcus will move in behind Tex.

[ooc]From behind Tex, Marcus has line of sight to the goblin boss (although the boss has cover). Does he want to make a ranged attack of some kind?[/ooc]
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

OUT OF CHARACTER
[dice]0[/dice]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

patransom wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:Marcus will move in behind Tex.

[ooc]From behind Tex, Marcus has line of sight to the goblin boss (although the boss has cover). Does he want to make a ranged attack of some kind?[/ooc]
Although Marcus can see the boss he knows having a better line of sight will mean a better chance for his ray. Marcus will take a chance entering the room for better shots with his rays.

Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on Cyrius.

I'll be out of town until 7/11, so next validation probably won't be until then.[/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Reflex Save: 1d20+7
[dice]0[/dice]

Despite taking the full brunt of the fireball, Cyrius advances to 1804, charging his mind blade with psychic energy along the way.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 2 Continues

After evading the effects of the fireball, Prost holds action, waiting until a target presents itself or he can move to a position and fire...

After dodging the fireball a bit, and seeing there is now light down the hallway, Lola moves further into the room and holds ready to fire if she sees anything to shoot...

Despite taking the full brunt of the fireball, Cyrius advances into the connecting corridor, charging his mind blade with psychic energy along the way.

After wallowing on the greasy floor and being severely burned, Worrel stands up. He attempts to step close to the nearest goblin with the intent of dispatching it, but makes no progress on the greasy floor [failed acrobatics]. He does, however, manage to remain standing this time [failed acrobatics by 5 or more, but made reflex save].

After being badly burned by the fireball [failed reflex save], Marcus moves in behind Tex. Although he can now see the goblin boss, he knows having a better line of sight will mean a better chance for his ray, so he takes a chance and enters the room. His chance pays off, as he manages to remain standing in the grease [made acrobatics check].

Round 3 Begins

After avoiding some of the fireball damage [made reflex save],Tex fires two quick arrows at the goblin boss [rapid shot, point blank shot, deadly aim]. The enemy's crude attempt to dodge his first shot is in vain [12 hp damage], but the second arrow sails wide.

The goblin boss (B) aims his crossbow at the closest clear target, which happens to be Marcus. Marcus finds himself nailed by the perfectly timed bolt [3 hp damage].

The two other goblins continue to target Worrel. Rather unexpectedly, both goblins manage to pinpoint weak spots in Worrel's armor, and loose volleys with uncanny accuracy [3 hp damage total].
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Ongoing AoE spells:
[list][*]Grease (1404-1505): 2.8 min left, Acrobatics DC10 to move at half speed, Reflex DC13 or fall if you fail the Acrobatics check by 5 or more.
[*]Create Pit (1103-1206): 4 rounds left, if ending turn next to pit, Reflex DC16 at +2 to avoid falling in.[/list]

Round 3 Continues
Lola: loaded heavy crossbow readied, wand of CLW 5 charges left, light on readied crossbow bolt 49.8 min left, 69 bolts left, 9 hp damage
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, 12 bolts left, 20 hp damage
Worrel: longsword and shield readied, 42 arrows left, light (from Marcus) on longsword 44.9 min left, 29 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: loaded crossbow readied, 84 bolts left, 21 hp damage
Round 4 Begins
Texudus TreeBender: longbow readied, 30 arrows left, 9 hp damage
Goblin Boss (B): 12 hp damage
Goblin Lieutenant (L): DEAD
Goblin 1 (G1)
Goblin 2 (G2)

---> Validation
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel moves past the goblin, ignoring its feeble excuse for a crossbow, to close with the leader of these evil humanoids. Once closed with the boss, Worrel makes a mighty swing with hsi longsword.

[ooc]Move - 20 ft to 1202
Standard - Power Attack with longsword +8 (BAB +5, Str +4, +1 MW, -2 PA), 1d8+8 dmg (Str +4, PA +4)[/ooc]

Attack - [dice]0[/dice]
Damage - [dice]1[/dice]

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”