[Active Thread] The Hall of Harsh Reflections

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Re: [Active Thread] The Hall of Harsh Reflections

Post by smeltdm »

Not caring for his current situation Prost moves to a mores defensive position at 1507 and fights defensively, attacking invisible creature. #1... Can't get to you guys, you got to come to me
OUT OF CHARACTER
Pat I'm not sure what is going on with Rolz, but I think that attack should of been a 27??? 19+8=27

Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

Prost, please withdraw and move back to us. Its more strategic for just you to try and move along the shaky walkway vs asking ALL of us to try that risky move, also single file walkway is problematic for both fighting and touch healing spells.
OUT OF CHARACTER
earlier post mentioned a balance check required - not ideal for many of us...

Lola loads her crossbow and trys to find something to shoot

If think she thinks she knows where something is, she lets the party know and shoots..
Sigh.
Image Lola: Amazonian Cleric
Image Tover Lastblock, Gnome Fighter 1
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Silverstone wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:17 pm Prost, please withdraw and move back to us. Its more strategic for just you to try and move along the shaky walkway vs asking ALL of us to try that risky move, also single file walkway is problematic for both fighting and touch healing spells.
OUT OF CHARACTER
earlier post mentioned a balance check required - not ideal for many of us...

Lola loads her crossbow and trys to find something to shoot

If think she thinks she knows where something is, she lets the party know and shoots..
Sigh.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Will have to figure out how to get back to you…With out dying or falling in myself…I think 🤔 I got a way…will see

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel moves to stand over the fallen opponent, keeping his bow up.

"One of your fellows still lives! Will you fight until no one is standing? Or, speak with us?

OUT OF CHARACTER
Move - 15 ft to 0812

DM's choice about skill ... Bluff +2, Diplomacy +12, Intimidate +2

Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

OUT OF CHARACTER
JPetherick wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:30 am Worrel moves to stand over the fallen opponent, keeping his bow up.

"One of your fellows still lives! Will you fight until no one is standing? Or, speak with us?

OUT OF CHARACTER
Move - 15 ft to 0812

DM's choice about skill ... Bluff +2, Diplomacy +12, Intimidate +2

Good move. I thought about that but Tex's CHR is an 8.

Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

Ardrea will command the whip to move near Prost at attack at 1106. Hopefully to keep a path open for Prost.
She will otherwise stay defensive.
Teucer Argent - Zen Archer
Image Ardrea - Jinx Witch
Image Mazer: Goblin Champion
Image Arkyat, Orc Thaumaturge
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

who's missing?

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius relinquishes the fallen foe to Worrell and turns his attention to the interior, looking for Prost and any visible foes.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

ROUND 13 CONTINUES

Lola calls out Prost, please withdraw and move back to us. Its more strategic for just you to try and move along the shaky walkway vs asking ALL of us to try that risky move, also single file walkway is problematic for both fighting and touch healing spells. She reloads her crossbow, then tries to find something to shoot. She sees nothing to indicate where the creature formerly entangled by the whip went.

Tex moves to the far end of the platform and tries to squeeze off a shot at the location from which Prost indicated he was last attacked. The arrow's cruel tip embeds itself harshly in something invisible there [4 hp damage]

Worrel moves to stand over the fallen opponent, keeping his bow up. He shouts One of your fellows still lives! Will you fight until no one is standing? Or, speak with us?

ROUND 14 BEGINS

Ardrea commands the whip to move near Prost and attack. The whip emits a loud crack as it connects with something at that location [3 hp nonlethal]. However, it fails to wrap around the target.

Cyrius relinquishes the fallen foe to Worrell and turns his attention to the interior, looking for Prost and any visible foes. Like Lola, he sees no sign of the invisible creatures.

Not caring for his current situation Prost moves to a more defensive position back on the far platform. A fierce blow smacks into him as he leaves [14 hp damage]. The beam he's on wobbles, but Prost easily keeps his balance [hint: the balance check is trivial for Prost, given his acrobatics skill]. From his new, more stable position, Prost fights defensively, shooting his slingstaff at where the attack originated. His bullet drops harmlessly in the water [a victim of the 50% miss chance]. He shouts Can't get to you guys, you got to come to me

Fluffy guards Cyrius.

Over near Prost, two voices exchange words in an unknown language. Then one calls out in response to Worrel, You leave, go back the way you came, and we'll not kill you. Or come back with the password. That is the contract.

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Bless (all PCs except Prost): 5.0 minutes remaining
Feather Token Whip: +10 BAB, 1d6+1 nonlethal, free grapple attack (with a +15 bonus on its combat maneuver checks) if it hits; 58.9 minutes remaining

I've put question marks where you suspect the invisible attackers might be located. The solid red lines are solid walls in the "basement" room. The dashed red lines have holes easily big enough for a gaseous halfling to move through.

ROUND 14 CONTINUES

1. Lola - loaded crossbow readied, 30 bolts left, 1 channel energy left

2. Tex - bow readied, 83 arrows left, 35 hp damage

3. Worrel - bow readied, 17 arrows left, 1 lay on hands left

ROUND 15 BEGINS

4. Ardrea - staff readied, fly 1 minute used

5. Cyrius - uncharged mind blade longsword readied, 7 hp damage

6. Prost - unloaded slingstaff readied, 37 bullets left, 18 bullets +1 left, 26 hp damage

7. Fluffy

8. Invisible Attacker 1? - 23 hp damage, including 3 nonlethal

9. Invisible Attacker 2? - 55 hp damage, including 6 nonlethal

10. Fake Prost - 43 hp damage including 12 nonlethal, unconscious at 0812
OUT OF CHARACTER
For reference, this is a description of the room you are all in: Much of the floor of this ruined chamber has given way, revealing a large stagnant pool of water below. Rusted spears and broken swords break the surface of this pool throughout the room. A framework of soggy timbers that might have once supported the floor still stands, stretching out across the void.

Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost retrieves a portion of gaseous form and drinks it...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Pat i have more than just one, that took two actions I believe and possibly an attack of opportunity (fighting defensively AC is 23)hoping I don't get hit :thumb1: . If i have an action left let me know

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

OUT OF CHARACTER
It's been a long time, in RL, since the encounter in the inn's bar room that led us here. Is there any chance for an roll, etc. for a character to recall something from that encounter?

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
JPetherick wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:03 pm It's been a long time, in RL, since the encounter in the inn's bar room that led us here. Is there any chance for an roll, etc. for a character to recall something from that encounter?
What are you trying to recall? In character, I think it's been only a day, so it shouldn't be hard...

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

patransom wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:33 am
OUT OF CHARACTER
JPetherick wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:03 pm It's been a long time, in RL, since the encounter in the inn's bar room that led us here. Is there any chance for an roll, etc. for a character to recall something from that encounter?
What are you trying to recall? In character, I think it's been only a day, so it shouldn't be hard...

OUT OF CHARACTER
DId we get any scraps of paper, etc. from the (presumed) doppelganger that we fought in the bar room?

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

Tex says quietly, Worrel, help me with this guy. Maybe we can get the password from him.

He calls out, OK, we'll be back with the password. No more fighting!

To the others he suggests, Lets head back a bit.

Tex slings his bow and grabs the unconscious fake Prosts' feet. Assuming Worrel grabs the shoulders, they bring him back into the Jails cells. Then close the doors behind them after everyone else enters. He then binds the fake Prosts feet and hands.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I forget if I dropped the axe or not. If so, will retrieve it before closing doors.
(I realize there are Lots of actions here.)

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

JPetherick wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:47 pmDId we get any scraps of paper, etc. from the (presumed) doppelganger that we fought in the bar room?
OUT OF CHARACTER
The only thing you got was the odd key that led you here in the first place (third bullet here; subsequent posts discuss it)

ElectroZman wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:17 am Tex says quietly, Worrel, help me with this guy. Maybe we can get the password from him.

He calls out, OK, we'll be back with the password. No more fighting!

To the others he suggests, Lets head back a bit.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Do you all agree with Tex's plan? If so, the invisible stalkers will let you go. We can end combat. Prost won't have to use his potion, because he can't fail the balance check to walk on the beams if he moves slowly and isn't being attacked.

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost agrees with the plan!!

Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

Lola agrees with the plan.
Lola whispers to our team How long will that whip last? maybe can we use that to also help secure the prisoner in addition to tieing them up?
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Yes, Worrel agrees to the truce.

Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

Ardrea agrees as well.
Teucer Argent - Zen Archer
Image Ardrea - Jinx Witch
Image Mazer: Goblin Champion
Image Arkyat, Orc Thaumaturge
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius agrees to the truce, but will stay alert for treachery.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

COMBAT ENDS (FOR NOW)

Tex says quietly, Worrel, help me with this guy. Maybe we can get the password from him. He calls out, OK, we'll be back with the password. No more fighting! To the others he suggests, Lets head back a bit.

The rest of the party agrees. Tex and Worrel grab the unconscious Fake Prost and move off the platform back into the room with the cells. The rest of the group follows. Prost has no trouble balancing on the awkward beams, so decides not to drink his potion.

As the party retreats, Lola whispers How long will that whip last? maybe can we use that to also help secure the prisoner in addition to tying them up? When everyone has left the watery room, Prost closes the doors behind them.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Who will do the tying up? It's a check using your combat maneuver bonus

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Bless (all PCs except Prost): 4.4 minutes remaining
Feather Token Whip: +10 BAB, 1d6+1 nonlethal, free grapple attack (with a +15 bonus on its combat maneuver checks) if it hits; 58.3 minutes remaining

The solid red lines are solid walls in the "basement" room. The dashed red lines have holes easily big enough for a gaseous halfling to move through.

2. Tex - carrying fake Prost, 83 arrows left, 35 hp damage

3. Worrel - carrying fake Prost, 17 arrows left, 1 lay on hands left

6. Prost - unloaded slingstaff readied, 37 bullets left, 18 bullets +1 left, 26 hp damage

7. Fluffy

10. Fake Prost - 43 hp damage including 12 nonlethal, unconscious at 0812
OUT OF CHARACTER
For reference, this is a description of the room with the invisible creatures: Much of the floor of this ruined chamber has given way, revealing a large stagnant pool of water below. Rusted spears and broken swords break the surface of this pool throughout the room. A framework of soggy timbers that might have once supported the floor still stands, stretching out across the void.

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Tex is a +8 CMB. Seems the whip is better than he is.

Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Lola CMB is only 5

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
The whip can only grapple, not tie up. Rules for tying up are below. I misspoke when I said it's a "check." It's actually a fixed DC 20+your CMB, which will probably be more difficult to escape than the whip's grapple for many of you...

PFSRD wrote:If you have your target pinned, otherwise restrained, or unconscious, you can use rope to tie him up. This works like a pin effect, but the DC to escape the bonds is equal to 20 + your Combat Maneuver Bonus (instead of your CMD). The ropes do not need to make a check every round to maintain the pin. If you are grappling the target, you can attempt to tie him up in ropes, but doing so requires a combat maneuver check at a –10 penalty. If the DC to escape from these bindings is higher than 20 + the target’s CMB, the target cannot escape from the bonds, even with a natural 20 on the check.
Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

OUT OF CHARACTER
ok, so propose someone with high cmb ties it up AND we additionaly have whip grapple the bound figure, net I think then two rolls to be free

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius' CMB is also +8
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Worrel's CMB is +10

Worrel fetches some rope from his pack while keeping his eyes forward. Once his hand feels the rope, he pulls it forward and approaches the fallen opponent.

THINKING: Like tying up a calf, thinks Worrel as he wraps the rope around the opponent's ankles and wrists.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Worrel ties up the doppelganger and the whip also coils around for some extra security. The creature remains unconscious...

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Bless (all PCs except Prost): 4.3 minutes remaining
Feather Token Whip: +10 BAB, 1d6+1 nonlethal, free grapple attack (with a +15 bonus on its combat maneuver checks) if it hits; 58.2 minutes remaining

The solid red lines are solid walls in the "basement" room. The dashed red lines have holes easily big enough for a gaseous halfling to move through.

2. Tex - carrying fake Prost, 83 arrows left, 35 hp damage

3. Worrel - carrying fake Prost, 17 arrows left, 1 lay on hands left

7. Fluffy

10. Fake Prost - 43 hp damage including 12 nonlethal, unconscious and tied up
OUT OF CHARACTER
For reference, this is a description of the room with the invisible creatures: Much of the floor of this ruined chamber has given way, revealing a large stagnant pool of water below. Rusted spears and broken swords break the surface of this pool throughout the room. A framework of soggy timbers that might have once supported the floor still stands, stretching out across the void.

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost uses the goggles of minute seeing examine the key that took from the. Doppelgänger at the bar for any writing or password.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Pat if you want to roll that, and is there advantage because of the burger braces I’m wearing? Sorry Pat, I don’t have my sheet in front of me. I’m doing this from my iPad.

Prost suggest maybe he shouldn’t be around when fake Prost wakes up… I could go around the corner and check out the chest at the stairs for clues, for a password or anything. What do you think?

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

Tex nods to Prost's suggestion. He's not really one for conversation, so he'll let others do the 'interrogation'.

He does search the other bodies in case there is something more on them that might help.

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”