NEW Pathfinder 2nd Edition PBP: The Whitefang Wyrm bounty (ENDED!)

Use this section to:
-> Propose new Play by Post games!
-> Find replacement players for an existing PbP.
-> New missions for the Champions of Destiny
* All PbP requires an active subscription to TOS+
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

NEW Pathfinder 2nd Edition PBP: The Whitefang Wyrm bounty (ENDED!)

Post by admin »

Bounty #01 - The Whitefang Wyrm
OPEN PbP game?: No
Title: Bounty #01: The Whitefang Wyrm
Brief description: When a draconic predator threatens the food supply of a northern village, it is up to a group of heroes to track the creature back to its lair and end the threat it poses.
Rule System: Pathfinder 2nd edition
Validation Frequency: Target is: 2x week minimum
Min/Max Number of Players: 3/6
Start Date: Early June
Source Books Allowed: Only from TOS 2nd PRO edition v20, with restrictions on Race/Class (see below)
Classes and Races Allowed: Those available in the CORE RULEBOOK ONLY! (as this is my 1st DMing try, I'd like to keep it as simple as possible.
Starting Level of PCs: 1
Stats Generation: n/a
Starting Equipment/Wealth: You can use the Class Kits, and spend your remaining gold on equipment
Hit Points Generation: n/a
Special Rules: See below
Background Information: Not needed
How will Loot be divided: Not relevant
End Conditions: Once the Bounty is completed
About ME: Your friendly admin!
Notes: See below
Signature: admin

Folks,
As promised sometime ago (here), I would like to try my hand at DMing in the Pathfinder 2nd edition ruleset. So I am going to stat the ball rolling by DMing this Bounty!

Requirements:
To apply to this short Bounty (which is a single mission), you need to have an ACTIVE subscription to TOS 2nd PRO edition, and KEEP your subscription active for the duration of the adventure. I don't know exactly how long this adventure will last, as it depends on how often I can validate after everyone has posted their actions. Please don't apply if your Subscription time is less than 3 month from now. This can be verified in the "My Account" section on the Website. You can always add to your Subscription here.

If MORE then 6x players apply to this, I will determine inscription based on the Contribution of a Player (including Patreon contributions) - So basically those who have contributed/Patreoned the most, get first Dibs!

Simplification:
To simplify combat, I will use a SINGLE initiative for Monsters (even if more then 1 is present) - and players will play their turn either BEFORE or AFTER the monster (as per their initiative rolls. I will average out the bonus the Monsters get to roll their initiative. I reserve the right to add other simplification to make the game run smoother in this Play-by-Post format.

Class Selection:
You can select any CLASS/RACE from the CORERULEBOOK ONLY. Since I am a green DM in PF2e, I'd like to stay away from the complex Class/Races available in all the other books, while I get some mileage under my belt!

QUICK FAQ
Q: I already played this Bounty, but would like to play again. Can I do so?
A: Sure, but please indicate that information to me! This is useful to know, thus allowing me to make slight changes from the 'base' module. (I will most likely make changes anyways, but better to know!)

Q: This is a Society module: Will it count as such if I use an existing Society Character?
A: No, I don't care much about Society play. You can use any level 1 character you already made, but clean it up for the basic equipment that a NEW character would have (i.e. no equipment from a previous Society game(s))

Q: Will you be using a software for the Maps?
A: YES, I will be using Foundry VTT to produce the Maps we need :D

Q: How do we roll DICE
A: -To be determined-

Q: What happens if I will be on vacation during the game?
A: I will play your Character as best I can in your absence, with the help of the others... Please be sure to advise us of your vacation/unavailability's!

Q: DO I need to monitor the game?
A: YES, please check the forums each couple of days at the most! You *CAN* turn on Notifications to get notified of new messages, but remember that sometimes, these notifications don't make it to your Inbox...! So don't rely on those only...

Q: How do I tell you what I will be doing?
A: In the PbP, just say what you are doing while OUT of combat. Use the various button at the TOP of the edit window to Talk, Think. Whisper, yell etc... When we are in combat mode, please use the action symbols to tell me what your PC is doing in Combat. For instance, if you decide to move the attack, I would like to see the PATH you take to move (The Maps will have coordinates for such) AND which actions you are doing, INCLUDING their cost.

Example 1:
Wilbert uses :1action: to move B7, B8, C9, C10, then Strike :1action: with his Longsword, the Orc at C11. (share attack/damage results) - Then Wilbert will Strike :1action: again, with a -5 penalty (share 2nd attack/damage results, don't forget the 2nd strike penalty)
Example 2:
Valeria will use :2actions: to cast the Heal spell at 20' to heal Wilbert (make your healing roll) and then will move :1action: to R8, R9 and S10
PHASES
#1: Recruitment Phase (Don't submit PC ideas yet) - once enough interest is found, a Forum section will be opened for the Bounty. All communications will occur in that specific section (or via Direct Message on the forums for private messages)

#2: Race/Class setup: Players can start planning their Character and discussing (in the PbP section) what they want to play. You are not required to create a complex background. But you can do it anyways if you like and attach it to your Character thread (see next section).

#3: Validation Phase: Once a Player has completed his Character AND Posted it in the [TOS 2ⁿᵈ] Adventurers! section, it will be reviewed and validated by the DM. Please use version numbers in the .tos2 file! In your Character thread on the forums, you can add a Background if you wish. You also need to provide a GOOD image of your Character (it would be nice if all PCs would have good Icons on the Map!) - I will handle the creation of the TOKENS themselves so you need only provide the Character image. I will help you if needed to find good PC images.

#4: Setup Phase: The DM (moi!) will be setting up everything behind the scenes to run the small adventure, and share the starting date. Note that some Role Play might be done by that time, in the PbP Area for this Bounty.

#5: We start Phase! The fun begins!!

So, Who's Interested? Let me know below, and also include your Experience level (i.e. are you a PF2e Expert? or a Noob? or in-between?)

admin
Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Re: NEW Pathfinder 2nd Edition PBP: The Whitefang Wyrm bounty

Post by Jinxs-3d »

I would be interested in the PbP 2nd. My experience is minimal. I've read core books, and designed some characters but don't have a group. No actual play time so I'd love to use this opportunity to learn more as well.

Thank you.
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

I'd love to play! But since I play a lot of these here, I will step aside for others if there is a large response.
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by rednetra »

I want in please. I am very limited on PF3 rules I have a few books so it will be great to finally get to use them.

I want to play a spell thrower prefer Arcane but Druid would be cool as well.
Relkyn
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by Relkyn »

Admin, I would love to try pf2e and am available most days. I have the first few books. Of course, they are in a box that I will have to find. But I am ready. I would be learning with everyone else, but I do have a subscription to Tos-2nd.

Thanks,

Relkyn
Last edited by Relkyn on Sat May 27, 2023 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He who doesn't learn from History is doomed to repeat it.
Relkyn

Image Ixil: Gnome Bard
Silverstone
Divine Rank 22
Divine Rank 22

Post by Silverstone »

Admin, if slot avail would like to play. Experienced at pf1, noob at pf2 but did skim the book already.
Image Lola: Amazonian Cleric
Image Tover Lastblock, Gnome Fighter 1
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Thank you all for your interest!
You are all in the game!!

Let's get the ball rolling - Visit the Character Concept Discussion! thread and post what you are thinking of playing!

admin

Return to “The Dice Room [Play-by-Post announcements]”