Beginner Questions

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
Rupret
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Beginner Questions

Post by Rupret »

Interesting sheet, but somewhat frustrating.

As a first timer, I have a series of questions:

My character is a sorcerer with a Martial Weapons Feat relating to the Long Bow. I selected that feat, but no additional selection became available. How do I relate "Long Bow" to this feat? On the front of the page, "Long Bow" is in red I presume because the sheet assumes that my character is not proficient in it. How do I change that? How do I integrate the selected weapon relating to my feat into the sheet?

Next - How do I adjust weapon damages? I see under the "customize" tab that one can change the weapons damage, but only to a single different value. I would like to be able to express that a dagger does 1d3/1d4 (size modifiers) in damage and an arrow, 1d6/1d8. How do I do that?

Along the same lines, how do I add a magic weapon? Again, referring to the cusomize tab, I see that you can add different values to the attack adj. and damage adj., but that does not seem to translate to the front of the sheet where the weapon is actually listed. How do I fix that?

Again, in similar fashion, treasure added to the "treasure worksheet" does not end up on the back of the sheet in the "money" box. Why not?

I am sorry for all of the prosaic questions, but I can't seem to make this thing work.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: Beginner Questions

Post by patransom »

Rupret wrote:My character is a sorcerer with a Martial Weapons Feat relating to the Long Bow. I selected that feat, but no additional selection became available. How do I relate "Long Bow" to this feat? On the front of the page, "Long Bow" is in red I presume because the sheet assumes that my character is not proficient in it. How do I change that? How do I integrate the selected weapon relating to my feat into the sheet?
On the "Tables" sheet, cell C202, you can type in the specific weapon. Unfortunately, I think that's a change that doesn't save with your character file, so you will have to do it again whenever you download a new version of the sheet. :(

The attack boxes do not check for proficiency. "Long Bow" is probably in red because you haven't indicated the type of attack the sheet expects. Try changing the cell below "FULL ATTACK" to "Ranged" (dropdown list).
- How do I adjust weapon damages? I see under the "customize" tab that one can change the weapons damage, but only to a single different value. I would like to be able to express that a dagger does 1d3/1d4 (size modifiers) in damage and an arrow, 1d6/1d8. How do I do that?
Put in the damage for a medium character. The sheet will automatically adjust the damage if your character is small.
Along the same lines, how do I add a magic weapon? Again, referring to the cusomize tab, I see that you can add different values to the attack adj. and damage adj., but that does not seem to translate to the front of the sheet where the weapon is actually listed. How do I fix that?
Have you given your custom weapon a unique name, like "Longbow +1"? If you just say "Longbow" the sheet will assume you want a normal longbow, not your customized one (excel thing, there's no way around it).
Again, in similar fashion, treasure added to the "treasure worksheet" does not end up on the back of the sheet in the "money" box. Why not?
You have to indicate the amount that is carried on the character (row 6 on the treasure sheet). That's the value that shows up in the money box.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Rupret
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Beginner Questions

Post by Rupret »

Thank you very much for the help!

I still have one question though. I would like to express that my arrows do 1d6 damage agains S,M creatures and 1d8 to large. It seems one can only put one value - e.g. 1d6 or 1d8, but not both, in the "Total attack/Damage" box.

Can I somehow add both values?
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Don't know that you can differentiate that unless you create it as 2 custom weapons(1 for smal-med creatures, 1 for large). That is what I would do.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Beginner Questions

Post by admin »

Rupret wrote:Thank you very much for the help!

I still have one question though. I would like to express that my arrows do 1d6 damage agains S,M creatures and 1d8 to large. It seems one can only put one value - e.g. 1d6 or 1d8, but not both, in the "Total attack/Damage" box.
Can I somehow add both values?
That's a weird rule indeed!

One [easy] option is to simply 'note' in for the weapon (in the Notes section on the Front worksheet, weapon sections)

A second option would be to use the "special Damage" cell for a custom weapon (and place like (1d6 vs small) or something like that. (So create a bow, and indicate that special damage)

Richard

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”