Creating new classes

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
Repzak
Squire
Squire

Creating new classes

Post by Repzak »

So I found the sheet, downloaded the test version and I'm playing around with it. I really like it, although I figure it'll take me a long time to get to the finer details.

Most of it is pretty intuitive - and well explained in comments - however, I'm somewhat confused about creating a new class?

When I go to the class sheet I enter:

Base details
Base Attack and saves
etc.

all the way down to:

CLASS #1 - Options for Class Name

What the devil is that field used for? Description I guess might be a class description or something? But that doesn't seem right either. And what is "Player selection" on the right there for? And there is no explanatory remarks it seems.

Also if I then clik the link "Jump to option setup area" I get even more confused about "Option setup A" etc. What is this used for?

Finally I was wondering if there is any way to enter conditional skill bonuses for classes - like there is for races? I guess not since it's easy to find for races, but I can't see it for classes, but I think that'd be a great addition as e.g. many prestige classes have conditional bonuses. (Yes I currently play one that has which is why I really could use that option ;) )
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

The class options section is used when the class has some feature to choose from at certain levels (e.g., like the rogue can chose a special ability at level 10 or a wizard can choose a specialty school). If your class doesn't have a feature like that, you don't need to use that section.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Class options are where you as the class creator can set up options for a player to choose. For instance, you choose to create a martial artist class. The martial artist can choose a fighting style. You go to the Option A list and you enter in the names of the different styles:

Swooping Crane
Flying Toad
Wandering Foot
Speedy Swallow
Gandering Goose

Now, you go to the greyed out section of the class where it says class options and in the first option, you put "Choose Fighting Style". Now, the box to the right becomes yellow and selectable. It is a dropdown list with the fighting style choices you entered.

You can then use this in your class under the Class Details section:

=IF(tSel_Class_Opt1="Speedy Swallow","Gain +10 movement bonus when flying","")

or whatever else you can think of. Now, if you want one of your characters to play a "Martial Artist", you send them the class file and they choose their fighting style.

The current version of The Only Sheet does not support conditional bonuses entered through classes, but Richard is working on a new product that he is thinking of calling TOS+ (The Only Sheet Plus). That version would allow you to add conditional skill bonuses to anything, even weapons that you equip (dagger gives a +2 conditional bonus to Sleight of hand checks used to conceal the dagger).
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
Repzak
Squire
Squire

Post by Repzak »

Ah I see. Thanks.

(Edit: Damn some fast answers while I was typing this up :D Thanks a LOT for the anser on conditional bonuses)

Also an add-on question that I just considered:

Is there any marking of domain spells for clerics on the spell list? I saw that on another excel sheet (that was otherwise way inferior) and found that to be most useful for an easy overview. I'm not immediately noticing this with TOS though.

Best regards.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Unfortunately, no, there is no way to distinguish them, although in TOS+, Richard is considering doing just that.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

I have created some marked versions of spells for many domains that you can paste into the custom spells section of the sheet:

http://theonlysheet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1297
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Icthius
Templar
Templar

Post by Icthius »

Repzak wrote:Is there any marking of domain spells for clerics on the spell list? I saw that on another excel sheet (that was otherwise way inferior) and found that to be most useful for an easy overview. I'm not immediately noticing this with TOS though.

Best regards.
What I do is to separate the spells by level, as well as Spontaneous spells and Domain spells. I do this by Typing "Orison", "Level 1", "Level 2", etc. into the field where you usually select the spell name, then on the next few rows select whatever spells I want (I usually leave 4-5 spaces for when I get more spells), then I do the same for Domain spells and Spontaneous spells. That way, I can easily change the DCs and ranges, etc. when I cast it.

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”