TOS+ question

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
oyster
Horseman
Horseman

TOS+ question

Post by oyster »

Since I'm not a registered member of the TOS+ I can't ask it there, so I'm asking here...

You can define 19 effects within the laptop sheet - great!
But those are from specific lists - Is there a custom list where you can define your own?
UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are. ;-)
It has been my profound lack of pleasure not to be able to avoid meeting you.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: TOS+ question

Post by admin »

This is not exactly right:
The LapTop worksheet allows you to activate up to 19 Spells, Powers, Class Abilities, Racial abilities, Feats, Weapons etc etc. This is not the "number" of effect, but rather the number of items you can activate - Items that are NOT permanent in nature.

For Items that have permanent effects (like a ring of protection +1), just selecting them in the Back worksheet (Magical Items Worn section) will give their effects to the Character. You would NOT select this item on the LapTop worksheet, as the effect is already applied.

So all 'permanent' effects are activated the moment the item is selected: If you have a magical sword, the bonus from it will be applied directly to the attack/damage sections when it is selected.

You can define effect at the end of almost all the tables: For example, if you visit the GEAR worksheet and press the ARMOR link, you will jump to the Armor table (all the armors currently in TOS+) - If you goto the bottom of the armor table, you'll see a section where you can define your own armor - AND up to 6 effects per Armor!! The Advanced User Guide on the Wiki has a section that explains what effects are.

So basically, each Item (Spell, weapon, potions, etc...) can have up to 6 Effects. If an item requires MORE than 6 effects for it, you can always 'split' the effects between 2 or more of the Item. For example, if you want to create a Hat that has 10 effects, you could create a Hat (1 of 2) and a Hat (2 of 2) and select both in the sheet - thus getting ALL the effects from that Hat...

Finally, you can also apply permanent effects directly on the Character using the AbiltyData worksheet: At the bottom of the table, an area is available to input permanent effects to your character!

You can see an example of the LapTop worksheet in this video and how it is used to activate for non-permanent items/features.

Hope this answers your query!

Richard
oyster
Horseman
Horseman

Post by oyster »

Richard,

Not surprisingly, you did a great job once again.
The flexibility is amazing.

I was talking about adding new Spells/Powers, but there is room to add those too so no worries :)

Thanks
UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are. ;-)
It has been my profound lack of pleasure not to be able to avoid meeting you.

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”