Class, Race and TOS+ Q's

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
Rupret
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Class, Race and TOS+ Q's

Post by Rupret »

Hello:

I have the most recent version of TOS. However, I would like to create a new character, an Urban Ranger/half-Drow. Neither that class nor race are options from the pull down menus. How do I go about creating that kind of character? Do I have to use the customize functions for both class and race?

Are these options contained in the TOS+? As a purchaser of TOS, can I download TOS+ or is there an additional charge?

Thanks in advance for the help.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Class, Race and TOS+ Q's

Post by admin »

Rupret wrote:Hello:
I have the most recent version of TOS. However, I would like to create a new character, an Urban Ranger/half-Drow. Neither that class nor race are options from the pull down menus. How do I go about creating that kind of character? Do I have to use the customize functions for both class and race?
The Urban Ranger has been created, but not the half-drow. So you could ask for it in the Request thread, or create that race yourself.
Rupret wrote:Are these options contained in the TOS+?
The Urban Ranger is included in TOS+ (as a variant class), but as TOS, the half-Drow is not (I have not seen a half-drow in the SRD... or did I miss it??)
Rupret wrote:As a purchaser of TOS, can I download TOS+ or is there an additional charge?
TOS+ is a new product, discussed here. Grandfathering was discussed at length here.

Richard
Last edited by admin on Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx »

Urban Ranger can be found here.
Half-Drow would indeed need to be made, but it is fairly easy to make, or there is a thread in the TOS Races & Monsters section specifically devoted to requests.

TOS+ does carry a subscription charge, and it adds many extra features listed here.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Rupret
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Rupret »

Thanks for the help!

One further question, I uploaded the Urban Ranger and customized a half-drow race. Now, the level line (reading 1) and the total level box at the top (reading 2) does not match up. The XP box also states there is a level vs. xp mismatch.

What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

Thank you.
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx »

It sounds like Half-Drow may have a level adjustment.

Remember, if you are playing a race with a +1 level adjustment, then in order to be 2nd level, you need enough experience for a regular character to be 3rd level.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”