Old TOS user Question about TOS+

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
Neo
Soldier
Soldier

Old TOS user Question about TOS+

Post by Neo »

I have been a great fan of TOS and have been using it for almost 2 years now. :thumb1:

I am in the process of upgrading my players to Pathfinder (all new characters will be generated using Pathfinder rules) and would like to continue using TOS based character sheets.

Question(s):
If I am able to download the TOS+ demo and successfully open it and click a few buttons, I can generally assume that I will not have any problems with the full version and the Excel macros/service pack issue's), correct? I would hate to pay for the full product and find that I need to upgrade my Excel (I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem, but last time I upgraded a software/service pack from MS it was a disaster for me, had to reverse the upgrade) :evil:

Is there any chance/hope of an Open Office version of TOS+ arriving sometime in the future?

Is there any chance/hope of a d20-Modern/Future specific version? My son wants me to start a Modern campaign.

Again, thanks for the great service you have provided with TOS & TOS+, and I look forward to using TOS+.
Neo
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: Old TOS user Question about TOS+

Post by patransom »

I can't answer the other questions, but regarding d20 Modern:

I'm running a modern play-by-post (PbP) game using TOS+ here on the forum. TOS+ has the modern skill list built in, but currently nothing else (classes, gear, feats, talents, etc.). However, in the course of playing our PbP game, we've created a bunch of custom resources for pasting into the sheet. CGM3 has created all the Modern classes as custom classes that can be loaded into TOS+. We have partially complete lists of gear for pasting into the custom gear sections. If you subscribe to TOS+, you'll be able to visit the forum section for our game and download what we've got.

So, although I'm not sure about plans to make the Modern rules fully built-in to TOS+, I can report that the sheet is usable for d20 Modern, with a little work, and that lots of the Modern resources are already available as custom content.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Neo
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Neo »

Wow!

Thanks! :D
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

TOS+ does not work in non-Excel applications (stuff like ActiveX is proprietary to Microsoft)

As for Excel itself, it needs to be the latest service pack - older versions are buggy and can't open TOS+ properly.

What version (in the help-about) of Excel you currently have? We can see if it is updated or not.. (Chances are that if it worked on the Demo, it should work on the full TOS+, although there is really just one way to know for certain.)

admin
Neo
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Neo »

admin wrote:TOS+ does not work in non-Excel applications (stuff like ActiveX is proprietary to Microsoft)
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I was asking because I run Linux on my laptop, and dragging the desktop down to the game room for each d&d session is great if you're 1/2-orc barbarian, but this aged human Expert gets fatigued quickly. :D
admin wrote: As for Excel itself, it needs to be the latest service pack - older versions are buggy and can't open TOS+ properly.

What version (in the help-about) of Excel you currently have? We can see if it is updated or not.. (Chances are that if it worked on the Demo, it should work on the full TOS+, although there is really just one way to know for certain.)

admin
Let's see...

MS Excel 2000 (9.03821 SR-1)

The TOS works great with my current version.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

patransom, you also run Excel 2000 right?
What version?
admin
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

I am running Excel 2000 (9.0.8961 SP-3). I recall having to update at one point because of TOS+. Probably you would have to get that SR-1 on yours up to SP-3 to ensure TOS+ would work.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Neo
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Neo »

patransom wrote:I am running Excel 2000 (9.0.8961 SP-3). I recall having to update at one point because of TOS+. Probably you would have to get that SR-1 on yours up to SP-3 to ensure TOS+ would work.
Ok, will do thanks.

8-)
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

I think this is the link to it... (full download)

R
Neo
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Neo »

admin wrote:I think this is the link to it... (full download)

R
Well you certainly make things easy for the lazy person. :wink:

So, I downloaded the SP3 update and successfully installed it (surprised to say the least, my faith in MS being what it is) :o

I've also complete my subscription payment through paypal :2c: and have recieved their payment notice for TOS+. :idea:

Now, how long do I need to wait until I am "authorized" 8-) to access the TOS+ download forum? :mrgreen:

I'm kind of ready to roll some :d6: :d6: :d6: :d6: 's and create my first TOS+P NPC :thumb1:

Again, thanks for all the work and making the process so easy, :!:
Neo
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

I sent you the Sheet (and your Personal Key) via email - and instructions on how to gain access to the Forum as well...!
thanks!!

admin
Neo
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Neo »

admin wrote:I sent you the Sheet (and your Personal Key) via email - and instructions on how to gain access to the Forum as well...!
thanks!!
:thumb1:

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”