Beneath Dourstone Mine

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Re: [Active Thread] Beneath Dourstone Mine

Post by smeltdm »

Prost stops, retrieves a cure light potion, and drinks it. Sheathing his Rapier, he then loads his sling staff.
[ooc]Is that to many actions? :roll:[/ooc]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will step up to 1217 and try to hit the guy again.

[dice]0[/dice] to hit
[dice]1[/dice] if hit

[ooc]I am in the process of moving so I am not sure what internet I will have while on the road. I should have full internet again on either Sunday or Monday. I will try to be on before that though.[/ooc]
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 13

Prost sheathes his rapier and retrieves a potion [Yes, too many actions, and not in the right order, since Prost has only two hands].

Filge tries again to touch Theldrick, emboldened by the opponents inability to hit him. Unfortunately, Filge's confidence is misplaced.

Marcus attacks again with his heavy mace, to no avail.

Cyrius takes another stab at stabbing Garras, but again falls short of the mark. Can no one rid me of this troublesome curse? he appeals plaintively to hs companions.

Lola steps up and tries to hit the guy again. Again, she fails.

Tex shoulders his bow. Saving his remaining arrows for out of reach foes, he moves closer to the melee, drawing his flail on the move.

The half-orc (Garras) sneeringly retreats into the room, allowing Marcus, Cyrius, and Lola another shot at him as he goes. Predictably, all of them miss. Once out of reach, he casts a spell and grows to enormous size [Enlarge Person, his reach is shown by the dotted line on the map]. Now I will smash you, in spite of your cowardly weakening spells! he calls out. One of his minor protective spells, however, expires [if you were getting frustrated, he should actually be a bit easier to hit now, without Shield of Faith and with the size penalty].

Kendra steps over to the fallen Tiefling (T1) and uses her wand [heals 9 hp, which also removes 1 hp nonlethal]. Kendra's spiritual weapon misses Cyrius, then disappears.

T1, now conscious, picks up her dropped bow and stands up.

T2 fires another arrow at Marcus. With giant-size Garras blocking her aim, she misses.

The one-eyed man (Theldrick) glares at Filge and says, So, it's a spell battle you want, is it? He steps back [5-foot step] and casts a spell. A ghostly battleaxe appears next to Filge. It swings at him, but misses completely.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round 14
[list=1][*]Evan Prost: antitoxin 52.4 min left, darkvision 171.1 min left, blur 2.2 min left, 21 hp damage, holding a potion of cure light wounds and his sling staff
[*]Filge: false life (7 temp HP) 52.1 min left, mage armor 232.1 min left, 7 hp damage, holding the charge of ghoul touch
[*]Marcus Tilsworth: mage armor 232.2 min left, antitoxin 52.1 min left, shield 3.7 min left, 10 hp damage
[*]Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod (hidden in boot) ~5 hours left, Bane (-1 attack, -1 saves vs fear) 1.9 min left, shaken (-2 on most checks) 2.0 min left, 10 hp damage
[*]Lola
[*]Texudus TreeBender
[*]Garras (G): 13 STR damage, 10 hp damage
[*]Kendra (K): 9 hp damage
[*]Tiefling 1 (T1): 6 hp damage
[*]Tiefling 2 (T2): 7 hp damage
[*]Tiefling 3 (T3): 20 hp damage, unconscious but stable
[*]Tiefling 4 (T4): 17 hp damage, unconscious but stable
[*]Theldrick (Th): 16 hp damage (1 nonlethal)
[*]Theldrick's spiritual weapon (SW): 5 rounds left[/list]

Fog Cloud in the room behind you (20% miss chance within 5 feet, 50% farther away): 33.8 min left
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

[ooc]
patransom wrote: [if you were getting frustrated, he should actually be a bit easier to hit now, without Shield of Faith and with the size penalty]

DAMN IT!!!! I am just out of sync![/ooc]

[talk]Arrggh! Damn dirty Orc![/talk] Text Drops his Flail (free), Draws his Bow (Move) and fires a shot (Std) over the heads of his allies toward the large orc.

Atk (PBS, DA)
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]

Dam (DA)
[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius demonstrates the versatility of the mind blade over a material weapon by hurling it at Garras -- but misses unless the half-orc's AC has diminished drastically :? .

To Hit: 1d20+9-3, Weapon Damage: 1d6+3, Psychic Strike Damage: 1d8
[dice]0[/dice][dice=total]1[/dice][dice=total]2[/dice]
Last edited by CGM3 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus moves back behind Lola, drops his mace and draws his crossbow.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost drinks his cure light potion & loads his sling staff.

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Filge steps up and attempts to touch Theldrick with his Ghoul Touch spell. Perhaps, this time, he is able to hit the opposing priest. Either way, Filge will draw his dagger.

[ooc]Free - 5 ft step to
Standard - Touch Attack, hits Touch AC 12

[dice]0[/dice]

Duration
[dice]1[/dice]
Ghoul Touch - Fort DC 17 or paralyzed for 4 rounds[/ooc]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will risk the big guys AoO and try to get in close to him (to 1115 if possible) and try to hit him with her sword.

To hit: [dice]0[/dice]
Damage if hit: [dice]1[/dice]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 14

Prost drinks his healing potion [healed 8 hp] and loads his sling staff.

Filge steps up and attempts to touch Theldrick with his Ghoul Touch spell. This time, he is able to hit the opposing priest, but the spell has no effect [he made his Fort save]. Filge will draws his dagger.

Marcus moves back behind Lola. This gives Garras an opening, but the attack of opportunity cannot penetrate Marcus' magical protections. Marcus drops his mace and draws his crossbow.

Cyrius demonstrates the versatility of the mind blade over a material weapon by hurling it at Garras -- but misses.

Lola discovers that Garras does not have combat reflexes as she moves in close to him and tries to hit him with her sword. She does not hit.

Arrggh! Damn dirty Orc! Text Drops his flail, draws his bow, and fires a shot over the heads of his allies toward the large orc. The shot also sails harmlessly over Garras' head.

The half-orc (Garras) snickers at the party's feeble attempts to hurt him and swats Lola with his enlarged battleaxe [11 hp damage].

Kendra moves south along the balcony and uses her wand on the next fallen Tiefling (T3) [heals 2 hp]. Kendra frowns when this is not enough to bring the Tielfing back to consciousness.

T1 and T2 each fire arrows at Cyrius. With a rather amazing shot, one of them hits [natural 20, but crit not confirmed; 7 hp damage].

The one-eyed man (Theldrick) commands his spiritual weapon forward to attack Filge. The ghostly axe deals a mighty blow [10 hp damage]. Theldrick himself follows up with an only slightly less impressive blow from his own battleaxe [6 hp damage]. Get down here! he calls out, We can trap their necromancer in this corridor!
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round 15
[list=1][*]Evan Prost: antitoxin 52.3 min left, darkvision 171.0 min left, blur 2.1 min left, 13 hp damage
[*]Filge: false life (7 temp HP) 52.0 min left, mage armor 232.0 min left, 23 hp damage
[*]Marcus Tilsworth: mace dropped at 1218, mage armor 232.1 min left, antitoxin 52.0 min left, shield 3.6 min left, 10 hp damage
[*]Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod (hidden in boot) ~5 hours left, Bane (-1 attack, -1 saves vs fear) 1.8 min left, shaken (-2 on most checks) 1.9 min left, 17 hp damage
[*]Lola: crossbow dropped at 1618, 11 hp damage
[*]Texudus TreeBender: flail dropped at 1118, 2 arrows left
[*]Tiefling 3 (T3): 18 hp damage, unconscious but stable
[*]Tiefling 4 (T4): 17 hp damage, unconscious but stable
[*]Theldrick's spiritual weapon (SW): 4 rounds left[/list]

Fog Cloud in the room behind you (20% miss chance within 5 feet, 50% farther away): 33.7 min left
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius braves the oversized battlaxe wielded by the gigantic half-orc by moving to 1212 (via 1216 -> 1215 -> 1314 -> 1313 -> 1212) while manifesting his mind blade, this time in its longsword mode, giving Lola a flanking bonus. (That's two move actions, so nothing else this turn.)

[ooc]I don't think T1 had line-of-sight to Cyrius; there seems to be a wall in the way.[/ooc]
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]T1's line of sight to Cyrius is shown by the blue line. He had cover, but not total cover.
cyrius.jpg
[/ooc]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

patransom wrote:[ooc]T1's line of sight to Cyrius is shown by the blue line. He had cover, but not total cover.[/ooc]
It's a fair cop.
:D
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost moves to 1918, not liking his chances of hitting Theldrick, he attacks the prone Tiefling 4. Prost drops his sling staff, quick draws his Rapier and attacks the helpless Tiefling.

Rapier Attack: [dice]0[/dice]
Rapier Damage: [dice]1d4+[/dice]

Sneak attack (+2d6) damage Plus Bleeding Attack (+2) damge: [dice]1[/dice]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

OUT OF CHARACTER
[dice]0[/dice]

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

[ooc]Need to verify if that was 11 additional HP of damage or 11 total damage before I make a choice of what I do[/ooc]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus will fire his crossbow at Garras.
Ranged Attack/DamageShow
Attack[dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice]
He reloads his crossbow.
Image Image
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Filge grumbles after being hit and thinks better of his newfound bravery. It has always been better to lead from the rear.

Not bothering to do anything else, the necromancer retreats back to just behind Prost. As he passes his companion, Filge whispers [whisper]Their cleric is right behind me! Probably coming with a desire to hit me again.[/whisper]

[ooc]Full - withdraw to 1418

[spoiler]Does Filge's movement break line of effect for the Spiritual Weapon spell?[/spoiler][/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

kabkal wrote:[ooc]Need to verify if that was 11 additional HP of damage or 11 total damage before I make a choice of what I do[/ooc]
[ooc]Lola has taken a total of 11 hp damage; she was uninjured before last round.[/ooc]
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex launches his 2nd to last arrow at the Large orc, determined to hit at least once before ducking out to find more arrows.

Atk, PBS, DA
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]

Dam, DA
[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will once again try to hit this big thing.

[dice]0[/dice] to hit
[dice]1[/dice] if hit
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]See here regarding my absence from the game for the time being[/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 15

Prost moves up and, not liking his chances of hitting Theldrick, drops his sling staff, quick draws his rapier, and attacks the helpless Tiefling. He kills her dead.

Filge grumbles after being hit and thinks better of his newfound bravery. It has always been better to lead from the rear. Not bothering to do anything else, the necromancer retreats back to just behind Prost. As he passes his companion, Filge whispers Their cleric is right behind me! Probably coming with a desire to hit me again.

Marcus fires his crossbow at Garras, but misses due to the ongoing combat between Garras and Lola [-4 for firing into melee makes the shot a miss]. Marcus reloads.

Cyrius braves the oversized battlaxe wielded by the gigantic half-orc by circling around him while manifesting his mind blade, this time in its longsword mode, to flank with Lola. Garras' poorly timed attack glances harmlessly off of Cyrius' chain shirt.

The distraction created by Cyrius still is not enough for Lola to connect with Garras.

Tex launches his second to last arrow at the large orc, determined to hit at least once before ducking out to find more arrows. In spite of his determination, he fails to hit.

Ignoring Cyrius for the time being and in spite of the flank, Garras stands his ground and gives Lola another whack with his oversized axe [10 hp damage]

Ignoring Theldrick's call for assistance, Kendra uses her wand again to try to revive the fallen Tiefling (T3) [heals 5 hp]. The tiefling begins to stir.

T1 and T2 again fire arrows at Cyrius, with T2 moving south along the balcony first for a clearer shot. Even with Cyrius more out in the open now, neither of them come close to hitting.

T3 stands up groggily and wobbles on her feet, not even able to pick up her dropped bow just yet.

The one-eyed man (Theldrick) screams Coward! and Murderer! at Filge and Prost, respectively. He redirects his spiritual weapon at Prost, but the ghostly axe misses. Theldrick then moves up to threaten Prost himself.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round 16
[list=1][*]Evan Prost: sling staff dropped at 1918, antitoxin 52.2 min left, darkvision 170.9 min left, blur 2.0 min left, 13 hp damage
[*]Filge: false life (7 temp HP) 51.9 min left, mage armor 231.9 min left, 23 hp damage
[*]Marcus Tilsworth: mace dropped at 1218, mage armor 232.0 min left, antitoxin 51.9 min left, shield 3.5 min left, 10 hp damage
[*]Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod (hidden in boot) ~5 hours left, Bane (-1 attack, -1 saves vs fear) 1.7 min left, shaken (-2 on most checks) 1.8 min left, 17 hp damage
[*]Lola: crossbow dropped at 1618, 21 hp damage
[*]Texudus TreeBender: flail dropped at 1118, 1 arrow left
[*]Tiefling 3 (T3): 13 hp damage, conscious but disabled
[*]Tiefling 4 (T4): DEAD
[*]Theldrick's spiritual weapon (SW): 3 rounds left[/list]

Fog Cloud in the room behind you (20% miss chance within 5 feet, 50% farther away): 33.6 min left
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

[talk]Murder am I. Perhaps I should send you to were your friend is now.[/talk] Prost attacks Theldrick

Rapier attack: [dice]0[/dice]
Rapier damage: [dice]1[/dice]

tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex rolls his eyes, draws his last arrow and gives it a kiss as he pulls the bow back... Letting it go toward the large orc he says a little prayer...

Atk, PBS, DA
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]

Dam, DA
[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Filge moves back behind Prost and then casts a spell, hoping to damage Theldrick. His ray hits the enemy cleric squarely and does as much damage as possible.

[ooc]Move - to 1818
Standard - cast Ray of Frost at Theldrick

Ray of Frost Attack
[dice]0[/dice]

Ray of Frost Damage
[dice]1[/dice][/ooc]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

With Prost and Filge blocking Marcus from doing anything useful there, Marcus takes another shot at the half orc.
Attack[dice=total]0[/dice]Damage[dice=total]1[/dice]
Image Image
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

After his shot, Tex heads off in search of arrows. If he finds some of his misses here, great, otherwise, he heads back the way they came looking for misses, or any he might find on dead devilspawn.

[ooc]Sorry, i meant to put this in the above at the time, but forgot.[/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

With a silent prayer to Athena, Cyrius charges his mind blade with psychic energy (a move action) and takes another swing at Garras.

To Hit: 1d20 + 8 - 3 + 2 (the flank); Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1d8
[dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola swings her sword hoping to connect as she knows it may be her last strike attempt in this life.

[dice]0[/dice] to hit (with flank)
[dice]1[/dice]if hits

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”