Beneath Dourstone Mine

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: [Active Thread] Beneath Dourstone Mine

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on Lola and Prost[/ooc]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost hears all the clatter and is on guard as he rounds the corner to the other side of shed. Upon seeing what's in the pit he stops short of the pit at 1319. Prost sheaths his Rapier, and readies his Sling Staff with a Sling Bullet (Mwk).

[ooc]I'm not quite sure about the mechanics of this, but I think my turn is done. Loading a Halfling sling staff is a move action that requires two hands and provokes attacks of opportunity. But if not, below is my attack & damage rolls for the closest combatant that appears active to Prost.[/ooc]

Attack with Sling staff:
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]
Damage with Sling staff:
[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will have the summoned creature attack and then will swing her sword in the general direction of a bad guy.
[ooc]sorry don't have sheet right this second[/ooc]
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 4 Continues

Prost hears all the clatter and is on guard as he rounds the corner to the other side of shed. Upon seeing the pit he stops short, sheaths his rapier, and readies his sling staff.

Filge sees that the doors have opened, so he moves closer to the edge of the pit, trying to see past the edge of the Darkness and into the corridor. And, for that matter, what has fallen into the pit with such a loud clatter. He sees unmoving piles of armor and bones in the pit and then notices the armored figures in the corridor. So, he fires the crossbow bolt carrying the Light spell into the corridor. He narrowly misses an armored figure and bounces the bolt off the stone wall behind the creature. From its position on the floor, the bolt provides additional light in the corridor, but does nothing to dispel the magical darkness that partially blocks the entrance.

Tex steps back and tries his luck in shooting the tiefling again, with no success.

Having taken more damage than his body is accustomed to, Marcus withdraws along the wall to behind Cyrius. [Unfortunately, withdraw only prevents AoO's in the first square you leave, so...]The tiefling plunges her greataxe into Marcus as he tries to slip past Cyrius [8 hp damage]. Marcus remains conscious, but just barely [Marcus is now at 0 hp, making him disabled]

Lola's summoned creature, a celestial dog, appears and attacks the tiefling [The badger is no longer listed on the PF summon list, so I gave you the riding dog instead]. The dog attempts to bite the tiefling, with no success. Lola herself swings her short sword in the darkness, with even less success.

Cyrius takes a moment to charge his rapier-like mind blade with psychic energy and then thrusts towards where he believes the tiefling to be. His guess is correct and he stabs her very much to death. The magical darkness disappears and now the whole party can see the new threat in the corridor ahead. [Really, the darkness probably should stick around, but it's too much of a pain to manage, so...]

Round 5 Begins

The bony armored figures begin moving past the pit into the main chamber to assault the party. The first two (S3 and S4) move up to attack Lola and Cyrius, respectively. They swing with their heavy maces, but neither can hit.

The rest of the bony armored figures are blocked by the pit and their comrades. Thus, they stupidly loiter on the edge of the pit, waiting for an opening. They are lucky that none of them slide down the sloped sides to fall into the pit.

[ae]Bless (everyone, +1 attack and saves vs fear): 3 min left
Pit: 3 rnd left

Round 5 Continues
Evan Prost: antitoxin 59 min left, darkvision 179 left
Filge: false life (7 temp HP) 59 min left, mage armor 239 min left
Texudus TreeBender
Marcus Tilsworth: mage armor 239 min left, antitoxin 59 min left, 22 hp damage, disabled
Lola: shield of faith 3 min left
Summoned Celestial Riding Dog (S): 3 rnds left
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod ~5 hours left
Round 6 Begins
Bony armored figures (S3, S4, S5, S6, S7, S8): S1 and S2 fell in the pit and are no longer moving[/ae]
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex Targets S6...

Atk w/ PBS, DA and Bless
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]

Damage
[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

[talk]Crap man! I have nothing for healing and that bitch done me good![/talk] Marcus holds his position drawing his crossbow and loading it.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost moves to 1517 were he lets fly a Sling Bullet (Mwk) at one of the armored plated skeletons (S5 @ 1017)...[yell]There skeletons ...I think![/yell]Prost yells out.

There skeletons ...I think![/Attack with Sling staff:
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]
Damage with Sling staff:
[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Attack roll should only be a +11......sorry....... :blush:

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Filge recognizes the undead and calls out this information to his companions. Then, stepping closer, Filge gestures with his free hand and calls out to the undead.

[yell]Feel my power! Yield to my will! I, Filge, command you![/yell]

[ooc][dice]0[/dice]

(DC = 10 + CR of monster)

- 5 ft step north to 1418
- Filge targets the undamaged undead first (S3, S4, S7, S8) then the damaged ones. Undead have Will DC 13 or be enslaved. Filge can command up to 4 HD of undead.

Command Undead feat[/ooc]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Assuming that undead skeletons will be unaffected by his psychic strike, Cyrius re-materializes his mind blade in its longsword form (a move action) and hacks at S4.

Cyrius strikes at one of the armored, bony figures:1d20+8+1 = 13 + 8 + 1 = 22, 1d8+3 = 5 + 3 = 8 damage.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on Lola[/ooc]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Hearing Marcus scream out Lola will step back 5' towards the voice and cast CMW (giving up 1 Bull Str). [dice]0[/dice].

The dog will attack again.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 5 Continues

Prost moves and lets fly a sling bullet at one of the armor-plated skeletons. [talk]They're skeletons ...I think![/talk] Prost yells out as his bullet bounces harmlessly off the skeleton's armor [a miss].

Filge recognizes the undead and calls out this information to his companions. Then, stepping closer, Filge gestures with his free hand and calls out to the skeletons, [talk]Feel my power! Yield to my will! I, Filge, command you![/talk] Four of the skeletons stop their attacks and turn toward their new master, awaiting his commands [S4, S5, S7, and S8 are the ones that failed their saves, they are now gold on the map].

Tex shoots an arrow through S6's head, causing the skeleton to collapse.

[talk]Crap man! I have nothing for healing and that bitch done me good![/talk] Marcus holds his position drawing his crossbow and loading it.

Hearing Marcus scream out, Lola steps back toward him and casts a healing spell [Marcus is healed 19 hp and no longer disabled].

Lola's summoned dog attempts to bite S3, to no avail.

Assuming that undead skeletons will be unaffected by his psychic strike, Cyrius re-materializes his mind blade in its longsword form and hacks at the remaining enemy skeleton. He connects, but the blade does somewhat less damage than he would have hoped [damage reduction applies].

Round 6 Begins

Filge's commanded skeletons proceed to gang up on their former ally. None of the three who can reach, though, have any success. At the end of its attack, S5 loses its balance and slips backwards into the pit, where it smashes to bits on the floor, leaving Filge with only three new pets.

The last remaining enemy skeleton seeks revenge on Cyrius, but cannot hit with either mace or claw.

[ae]Bless (everyone, +1 attack and saves vs fear): 2.9 min left
Pit: 2 rnd left

Round 6 Continues
Evan Prost: antitoxin 58.9 min left, darkvision 178.9 min left
Filge: false life (7 temp HP) 58.9 min left, mage armor 238.9 min left
Texudus TreeBender
Marcus Tilsworth: mage armor 238.9 min left, antitoxin 58.9 min left, 3 hp damage
Lola: shield of faith 2.9 min left
Summoned Celestial Riding Dog (S): 2 rnds left
Round 7 Begins
Filge's commanded skeletons (S4, S7, S8)
Bony armored figure (S4): 3 hp damage[/ae]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Acting on the principle that an hypothesis should be tested, Cyrius charges his mind blade with psychic energy and strikes at the remaining undead foe to see if it is affected... but probably doesn't learn the answer to that question this time around. :hmm:

Cyrius hacks at the last undead adversary: 1d20+8+1 = 3 + 8 + 1 = 12, damage is 1d8 + 3 (+1d8 if affected by psychic damage) = 8 + 3 (+ 1) = 11 or 12.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Filge commands the skeletons to continue attacking the undead that has escaped his control.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Seeing that Filge has control of the armored skeletons, Marcus takes aim and fires at the one skeleton threat.[dice=total]0[/dice][dice=total]1[/dice]Marcus' shot is way off and instead he hits the shed behind the skeleton.
[talk]My pit should be ending soon. If anything fell into it and survived, it will rise to the surface.[/talk]
[ooc]Modified post based on below post. I missed in the last validation that the darkness ended. :blush:
I'm also not sure where the extra damage die roll came from as I know for certain I only entered two rolls, attack and damage. Weird.[/ooc]
[dice]1[/dice]
Last edited by Duniagdra on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Duniagdra wrote:Marcus holds his action after coming to the conclusion that firing a ranged weapon in darkness may not be the best thing for his allies...
[ooc]Actually, I had the darkness disappear when the tiefling died. This is not standard rules, I think, but I wanted to give you guys (and me) a break from the darkness.[/ooc]
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex knocks an arrow, but holds his fire unless the last skeleton tries to attack someone (meaning if no one kills it).

Atk, Bless, PBS, DA
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]

damage
[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]

[ooc]I believe you can end you own spell as a free action, no?[/ooc]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

[ooc]Should an attack not be required by Prost, he would immediately start checking the area for any surprises left behind by the cultists for uninvited guests...Should S3 still be standing, below is my attack and damage rolls.[/ooc]

Prost loads another bullet in his sling and lets it fly at the skeleton 3 @ 0917.
Attack with Sling staff:
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]
Damage with Sling staff:
[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 6 Continues

Prost flings another sling bullet at the last skeleton, hitting it with a crunching blow. [Note: I added the -4 for shooting into melee. Doesn't matter, though, he still hit...]

Filge commands the skeletons to continue attacking the undead that has escaped his control.

Tex knocks an arrow, but holds his fire, waiting to see if the last skeleton survives.

Seeing that Filge has control of the armored skeletons, Marcus takes aim and fires at the one skeleton threat. Marcus' shot is way off and instead he hits the shed behind the skeleton. [talk]My pit should be ending soon. If anything fell into it and survived, it will rise to the surface,[/talk] he comments.

Lola does nothing, but her summoned dog bites the skeleton's femur off and it falls down, an inanimate pile of bones.

[ooc]Although there's nothing left to fight, we are remaining in round-by-round actions for the time being. You'll see why in a round or two.

So, Cyrius has actions left in Rounds 6 and 7; everyone else can take their Round 7 action now.[/ooc]

[ae]Bless (everyone, +1 attack and saves vs fear): 2.8 min left
Pit: 1 rnd left

Round 6 Continues
Round 7
Evan Prost: antitoxin 58.8 min left, darkvision 178.8 min left
Filge: false life (7 temp HP) 58.8 min left, mage armor 238.8 min left
Texudus TreeBender
Marcus Tilsworth: mage armor 238.8 min left, antitoxin 58.8 min left, 3 hp damage
Lola: shield of faith 2.8 min left
Summoned Celestial Riding Dog (S): 1 rnd left
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: another action[/ae]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Somewhat wary of his new allies, Cyrius sidles over to 1017 and looks into the pit.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Cyrius sees the unmoving remains of the hapless armored skeletons that slipped into the pit.

[ooc]That's a move action. If Cyrius remains at 1017 at the end of his turn, he'll need a reflex save to avoid falling in the pit himself...[/ooc]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus will go to the tiefling body and search it for anything useful. If he finds a healing potion, he'll look to see if anyone else needs it more than he does. If not, then he puts it away, not trying to hide his actions. If anyone does ask what he finds, then he divulges, otherwise, he views the findings as not too important, unless something really unusual is found.
Image Image
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost moves through 1518, 1519, 1520 to 1419. Searching as he moves for any new threat as he makes his way back to where the party entered. Prosts attention is mostly focused on the black pool to his left as he moves.

[ooc]Not sure how many perception checks would be require, but rolling one for each five feet of movement[/ooc]

Perception Check1:
[dice]0[/dice]
Perception Check2:
[dice]1[/dice]
Perception Check3:
[dice]2[/dice]
Perception Check4:
[dice]3[/dice]

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

patransom wrote:Cyrius sees the unmoving remains of the hapless armored skeletons that slipped into the pit.

[ooc]That's a move action. If Cyrius remains at 1017 at the end of his turn, he'll need a reflex save to avoid falling in the pit himself...[/ooc]
After satisfying his curiosity, and mindful of the uncertain footing, Cyrius steps back to 0917 and stands ready.
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

[talk]Move over there, away from the pit[/talk] calls Filge to his new slaves. The necromancer points to the far side of the pit where the undead will not be at risk of falling.

[talk]Let my new slaves lead when we continue to explore.[/talk]

[ooc]Move skeletons to 0718, 0817, 0916[/ooc]
Last edited by JPetherick on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex checks the nearby trapdoor to see if its locked. if it is not, and there is a workable locking mechanism visible, he'll lock it.
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will check to see if anyone needs healing, if not she will look about and then ready herself to move on.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 6 Continues

Somewhat wary of his new allies, Cyrius sidles over and looks into the pit. There, he sees the unmoving remains of the hapless armored skeletons that slipped into the pit. After satisfying his curiosity, and mindful of the uncertain footing, he steps back and stands ready.

Round 7

Prost moves back toward the entrance a bit, searching as he moves for any new threat, with his attention mostly focused on the black pool to his left as he moves. No threat emerges from the pool at this time, nor does Prost find any other immediate dangers. He does notice that the walls and pillars are marked with many runes and carvings, although he doesn't have time to examine them closely or make sense of them.

[talk]Move over there, away from the pit[/talk] calls Filge to his new slaves. The necromancer points to the far side of the pit where the undead will not be at risk of falling. [talk]Let my new slaves lead when we continue to explore.[/talk] The skeletons do as commanded.

Tex checks the nearby trapdoor to see if its locked. To his relief, he finds that it is.

Marcus goes to the tiefling body and searches it for anything useful. He notes that her tabard is marked with a symbol of six axes arrayed in a star (see attachment). In addition to her armor and weapons (which include a greataxe of high quality), he finds three potions, although he's unsure what sort of potions they might be. He also finds a key. He puts the potions and the key away for later examination. The pit disappears.

Lola checks to see if anyone needs healing. Seeing that Marcus has only minor injuries left, she readies herself to move on. The summoned dog disappears.

Round 8 Begins

Suddenly, a group of men clad in studded leather armor, comes marching into view from the corridor to the north. They are armed with longspears [meaning they have reach; you risk an AoO if you move right up to them]. They look vaguely startled to see the dead tieflings and skeletons mingling peacefully with obvious intruders. [talk]Blast! I never trusted them things![/talk] cries one of the men in front, [talk]Quick. Call the priests to deal with their pets...[/talk]

[ae]Bless (everyone, +1 attack and saves vs fear): 2.7 min left

Round 8 Continues
Evan Prost: antitoxin 58.7 min left, darkvision 178.7 min left
Filge: false life (7 temp HP) 58.8 min left, mage armor 238.7 min left
Texudus TreeBender
Marcus Tilsworth: mage armor 238.7 min left, antitoxin 58.7 min left, 3 hp damage
Lola: shield of faith 2.7 min left
Round 9 Begins
Cultists (C1 through C8)[/ae]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

[yell]Attack[/yell], shouts Filge to his new slaves.

S4 moves around the corner, allowing one of the opponents to attack as it closes with opponent C2. S7 follows, rounding the corner and attacking opponent C1. S8 moves behind, ready to step into the line in case one of its fellows falls to the guardsmen.

The necromancer moves forward, somewhat, and readies his crossbow as he does.

[ooc]S4 moves to 1115, attacking C2 (no stats, so didn't roll)
S7 moves to 1015, attacking C1
S8 moves to 1116

Filge moves to 1218, drawing crossbow as he does[/ooc]

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”