Beneath Dourstone Mine

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Re: [Active Thread] Beneath Dourstone Mine

Post by tdsprouse »

[talk]Great![/talk] Tex exclaims, as he steps forward to 0918 and fires at C2

Atk, w/ Bless, PBS, DA
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]

[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will put her sword away and get her crossbow ready and loaded to fire next round.

[ooc]Stupid question, do I need to be outside to use a storm burst or can I do that indoors as well? If I can use it indoors can I use it prior to getting my weapons organized? The answers may change my action.[/ooc]
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost loads another standard bullet in his sling and lets it fly at the Cultist C1 @ 1014.
[talk]Well hello there. Look who's come to play[/talk] as Prost let a bullet fly.

Attack with Sling staff:
[dice]0[/dice]
Damage with Sling staff:
[dice]1[/dice]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus will step to 1016 and create another pit covering 1010 to 1111 in hopes of dropping those how might flee into it and preventing the rest from running.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]You can use Storm Burst indoors. It is a standard action, so if you use it, you will have a move action left. You can use that to put your sword away or ready your crossbow, not both.

Waiting on Cyrius' action and possible revision of action from Lola before next validation.[/ooc]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

[ooc]will keep with plan as stated so ready for next round[/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius will advance to 1017 and wait for an opening to hurl his mind blade at a cultist (in other words, a cultist who is not engaged with a zombie under Filge's control and does not have concealment from people being in the way.) If that opportunity presents itself...

Cyrius stands ready to fling his mind blade: 1d20+8+1 to hit -> 11 + 8 + 1 = 20, damage is 1d8+3+1d8 (still charged with psychic strike) = 7 + 3 + 2 = 12

[ooc]Okay, that's the trick about using the "local" dice rolling application; it doesn't show up in Preview, just after Submit. That's critical, need-to-know information![/ooc]

Ignore the remainder of this entry; experimental results.
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 8 Continues

Prost loads another standard bullet in his sling and lets it fly at C1, commenting [talk]Well hello there. Look who's come to play.[/talk] His bullet swats the cultist on the head, nearly, but not quite, dropping him.

[yell]Attack,[/yell] shouts Filge to his new slaves, as he moves forward, readying his crossbow. The skeletons respond as commanded. The first skeleton (S4) is subject to attacks from the men in the front row as it moves in, but neither of the men connects with his longspear. The skeleton responds by swatting C2 with its mace for some significant damage [6 hp]. Since its partner distracted the men, the second skeleton (S7) moves forward freely (no AoO's), but its blow glances off C1's leather armor. The third skeleton moves up behind, ready to step into the line in case one of its fellows falls to the guardsmen.

[talk]Great![/talk] Tex exclaims, as he steps forward and fires at C2. In spite of the skeletons being in his way, his arrow finds its mark, severing the man's neck artery and dropping him.

Marcus steps into position and creates another pit in hopes of dropping those who might flee into it and preventing the rest from running. Because the skeletons have distracted the front row of men, he is able to do this without interruption (no AoO's or concentration check needed). C7 and C8 fall into the pit to their deaths.

Lola puts her sword away and gets her crossbow ready and loaded to fire next round.

Cyrius advances and waits for an opening to hurl his mind blade at a cultist.

Round 9 Begins

C1 uses his last breath in an attempt to stab Marcus with his longspear. He misses and collapses, dying or dead.

C3 and C4 coordinate their attacks in an attempt to bring down one of the skeletons (i.e., one of them uses the aid another action). In spite of their tactics, they fail to make contact.

C5 skirts the pit and flees up a hallway to the north, stopping in front of a pair of double doors to the west.

C6 flees to the east, where you hear him pound on a door, shouting [talk]Help us, my beautiful mistresses! We are under attack![/talk]

[ae]Bless (everyone, +1 attack and saves vs fear): 2.6 min left
Pit: 4 rounds left

Round 9 Continues
Evan Prost: antitoxin 58.7 min left, darkvision 178.6 min left
Filge: false life (7 temp HP) 58.7 min left, mage armor 238.6 min left
Filge's commanded skeletons (S4, S7, S8)
Texudus TreeBender
Marcus Tilsworth: mage armor 238.7 min left, antitoxin 58.6 min left, 3 hp damage
Lola: shield of faith 2.6 min left
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod ~5 hours left, readied action
Round 10 Begins
Cultists: C1, C2, C7, and C8 dead; C3 through C6 uninjured[/ae]
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex move to 1217 (and should have LOS on C5 i think), and lets an arrow fly at him.

Atk W/ Bless and DA (No PBS since hes outside 30')
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]

[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Seeing that two of the cultists have bypassed his pit to call for help, Marcus fires his crossbow at C4.
Image Image
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost stands fast at the ready guarding the rear, after reloading his sling staff.

Perception check:
[dice]0[/dice]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

smeltdm wrote:Prost stands fast at the ready guarding the rear, after reloading his sling staff.

Perception check:
[dice]0[/dice]
:wtf: Use the wrong dice, re-roll

[dice]1[/dice]

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will move to 1117 (or 1217 if 1117 is occupied by my turn) and if I have LOS on C5 I will crossbow him. If not then crossbow C3.

crossbow fire [dice]0[/dice] if damage [dice]1[/dice]
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Filge's new slaves continue to attack. S4 steps ahead to attack C4 and S7 does the same, attacking C3. S8 moves in behind, ready to replace one of his companions.

As for Filge, he cannot get a shot at the fleeing guardsman. Instead, he casts a spell ready to do battle with the mistresses.

[ooc]Filge casts Spectral Hand and takes 2 damage

[dice]0[/dice]

Hand has AC 26, 2 hps
Duration = 4 minutes[/ooc]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius moves to 1617. If this puts him within 30 ft of C6 (who's "off the board"), he'll hurl his mind blade at the wretch; otherwise, he'll stand ready to do so if a target comes within range.

[ooc]Attack roll is 1d20+8+1 (bless), damage is 1d8+3+1d8 (still charged w/ psychic strike)[/ooc]

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

CGM3 wrote:Cyrius moves to 1617. If this puts him within 30 ft of C6 (who's "off the board"), he'll hurl his mind blade at the wretch; otherwise, he'll stand ready to do so if a target comes within range.
[ooc]I'm not sure it was clear, so the arrow on the map below shows the direction C6 went off in... in the other room. And you heard him knocking on a door and yelling up there. So I'm not sure how Cyrius thinks moving due east in this room could put him in range of the man.[/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

[ooc]Ah, sorry, when you indicated East my brain jumped to "east of where the party is", not "(north)east from where the cultists originally were".[/ooc]

Considering the mob scene in front of him, Cyrius will stand ready in case a new threat presents itself (the two cultists remaining at the entrance to the adjoining chamber have a boatload of cover from Marcus and the "allied" skeletons.)
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 9 Continues

Prost stands fast at the ready guarding the rear, after reloading his sling staff. He doesn't notice any new threats.

As for Filge, he cannot get a shot at the fleeing guardsman. Instead, he casts a spell ready to do battle with the mistresses.

Filge's skeletons continue to attack. S7 misses completely. S4 bashes C4 to death.

Tex moves to get line of sight on the man who fled to the north. With a rather amazing shot, he fires over the heads of the skeletons and the remaining cultists and plugs the man in the back, finishing him off.

Seeing that two of the cultists have bypassed his pit to call for help, Marcus fires his crossbow at C3. He misses.

Lola moves into range and likewise fires her crossbow, with the same result: a miss.

Considering the mob scene in front of him, Cyrius stands ready in case a new threat presents itself.

Round 10 Begins

The remaining cultist in the front rank attempts to poke S8 with his longspear, to no avail.

From the east side of the room, you hear a female voice command, Go back and hold them off. We shall alert the high mistress. You hear some footsteps, but the cultist who went that way does not yet reappear in view.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Bless (everyone, +1 attack and saves vs fear): 2.5 min left
Pit: 3 rounds left

Round 10 Continues
Evan Prost: antitoxin 58.6 min left, darkvision 178.5 min left
Filge: false life (7 temp HP) 58.6 min left, mage armor 238.5 min left, spectral hand (2 hp) 4 min left
Filge's commanded skeletons (S4, S7, S8)
Texudus TreeBender
Marcus Tilsworth: mage armor 238.6 min left, antitoxin 58.5 min left, 3 hp damage
Lola: shield of faith 2.5 min left
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod ~5 hours left, readied action
Round 11 Begins
Cultists: C1, C2, C4, C5, C7, and C8 dead; C3 and C6 uninjured
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

[talk]So, do we wait for this high mistress and whatever reinforcements she brings along, or finish this guy off and make a hasty exit?[/talk] Cyrius inquires of his companions. [talk]Looks like we've got a couple of choices to move on if we elect the latter, otherwise we might want to get into this corridor and hold it ourselves, though if the newcomers have missile or reach weapons it could get hectic.[/talk]
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

[talk]I'd certainly not like to be clustered up in a hallway when a spellcaster gets here. Maybe we can bar these doors?[/talk] Tex offers as he looses yet another arrow.

Atk, w/ Bless, PBS, DA
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]
[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

OUT OF CHARACTER
The Quarterstaff Marcus has. Does it have to be used as a double weapon, or can he also use it two handed?

Image Image
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost offers up ... [talk]I think I could lock the door if it has a functioning lock on this side of the door. But, that won't keep anyone out if they have the key.'[/talk] Prost hustles over to 1216 and begins to examine the door.

[ooc]Not sure what check you would want...[/ooc]

Perception check: [dice]0[/dice]
Disable Device: [dice]1[/dice]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

[talk]We're here to accomplish a task and you're all considering running? Why the heck didn't we run when that creature attacked us in that ball room the kid's ghost was at? We all knew full and well that there comes a risk to this work, and we all chose to take it. I still have some of my own spells left, and I have my weapons once they've been spent, and I have these weapons to fall back on after that. That doorway will make for a good bottleneck by my view. I say we barricade any other way into here.[/talk]
Image Image
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Filge allows his slaves to finish off the last guardsman before calling them back into the room.

[talk]Yes, we should spike the trapdoor or simply put something on top of it. I can order the skeletons to do some of the work and then put them in front of those doors, ready to attack and slow down whoever is coming.[/talk]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
The Quarterstaff Marcus has. Does it have to be used as a double weapon, or can he also use it two handed?

[ooc]The quarterstaff can be used as a single two-handed weapon.[/ooc]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus will stow his crossbow and draw the quarterstaff. He tests it's feel in his hands.
Image Image
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola agrees we came to do a task and says [talk]"I can send a fog cloud down the hallway so they cannot see us and force them to come into this room and we can be waiting to ambush them. The problem is we would not be able to see them either until they came through. Just let me know if you would like me to do that.[/talk]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

kabkal wrote:Lola agrees we came to do a task and says [talk]"I can send a fog cloud down the hallway so they cannot see us and force them to come into this room and we can be waiting to ambush them. The problem is we would not be able to see them either until they came through. Just let me know if you would like me to do that.[/talk]
[talk]That may work actually. There's a chance the fog might cause some of them to fall into the pit. Personally, I'd rather keep the fight a ranged fight than up close and personal. I'm not very equipped for close combat.[/talk]
Image Image
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

[talk]If Lola can obscure this short passage to the next room with her spell, we could pick 'em off as they emerge and try to get their bearings,[/talk] Cyrius opines, turning his attention towards the east. [talk]At least until they think to wait for the mist to clear, or send men in by another route. I'd really rather not have to fight a battle on two fronts; some of the great defeats in history have resulted that way.[/talk]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

[talk]Proust, is that double door the only way in?[/talk]