Rise of the Runelords
Millennia ago, the powerful empire of Thassilon ruled the land, dominated by despotic Runelords who maintained their power through harnessing the power of rune magic. Thought gone forever, the workings of Thassilon are not so far beneath the surface and one of the Runelords plans a return to power. Only the brave adventurers stand in his way.
CURRENT Player Characters
- Carter Jenkins: Human, Bard
- Dregs: Dwarf, Cleric (Benji) [Deceased]
- Durmisht Rul: Human, Barbarian (marine7312000)
- Mak Kroket: Human, Monk (admin)
- Ryder: Human, Cavalier
- Violasha: Human, Sorcerer (patransom)
OLD Player Characters
These PCs are gone from this PbP:
- Chada Tikitock: Gnome, Bard (shai-hulud)
- Devion: Elf, Paladin (Black_Phoenix)
- Tuckerby Underwood: Halfling, Ranger (klakxor)
- Abstalar Zantus: Sandpoint’s mild-mannered local priest.
- Ameiko Kaijitsu: Ex-adventurer and proprietor of the Rusty Dragon inn, rebellious daughter to nobleman Lonjiku Kaijitsu.
- Belor Hemlock: The gruff but protective town sheriff.
- Bethana Corwin: aged halfling woman who works for Ameiko Kaijitsu
- Cyrdak Drokkus: Grandiloquent actor, gadabout, and proprietor of the Sandpoint Theater.
- Kendra Deverin, Mayor of Sandpoint
- Ethram Valdemar: Oldest of the town nobles.
- Jargie Quinn: One-legged owner of the Hagfish tavern.
- Lonjiku Kaijitsu: Stoic noble, owner of the town Glassworks - Killed by Goblins in the Glassworks
- Titus Scarnetti: Tradition-minded noble who controls Sandpoint’s bustling lumber trade.
- Ven Vinder: Owner of Sandpoint’s best-stocked general store.
- Vorvashali Voon: Owner of the Feathered Serpent.
- Erylium: Quasit encountered in the catacombs. A small impish type creature, with horns and bat-like wings. It can fly and speaks Thassaonian. It was a servant of Nualia's. Deceased.
- Goblin Warchief: Conversation when Charmed by Vi. Deceased.
- Lyrie-Akenja: Drow Wizard. One of the friends of Nualia (reference). Currently at large.
- Malfeshnekor: Monstrous goblin wolf. One of Lamashtu's chosen freed by Nualia. Currently at large.
- Nualia: Female Aasimar who has become a twisted servant of Lamashtu (Goddess of Monsters). First discussed in the conversation with the Goblin Warchief. Her complete story after being captured can be found here. Currently a prisoner in Sandpoint.
- Runelord Alaznist (Lady) (first discussed here)
- Runelord Karzoug (first discussed here)
- Tsuto Kaijitsu: Brother to Ameiko Kaijitsu. Infatuated with Nualia, he became part of her plot to destroy Sandpoint. He was captured in the Glassworks, but subsequently escaped from jail.
- Auroch: Powerfully built herd animals that range across the northern Storval Plateau and western hills, aurochs refuse to be mere prey animals. With thick, mottled gray hides and forward-curving horns (reaching 2-1/2 feet in length), adult aurochs often weigh well over a ton. Aurochs have the same statistics as an advanced 7 HD bison.
- Cindersnake: These giant red-patterned vipers hide amid the crags and fine silt of the Cinderlands, crippling prey with a painful, burning venom. Cindersnakes have the same statistics as Medium vipers.
- Donkey Rat: Snowy white rodents the size of small dogs (in some places known as capybaras or giant guinea pigs), the donkey rats native to Varisia’s coast are popular pets (and meals) throughout the southern lands. Donkey rats have the same statistics as dire rats (without the disease ability) and are CR 1/4.
- Fire Pelt: These black-and-red-furred mountain lions stalk much of northwestern Varisia. The color of their pelts changes from predominantly black to a range of autumnal colors with the seasons. Fire pelts have the same statistics as leopards.
- Giant Lizard: Geckos the size of ponies prowl the moist sea cliffs and forests of southern Varisia, feasting on rodents, giant insects, and even the occasional goblin (see Pathfinder #1). Upon the Storval Plateau, aggressive horned spirestalker lizards hide among rocky outcroppings and fearlessly attack anything that comes in sight.
- Sinspawn (described in details here)
- Storm Roc: Proud raptors with wings the color of thunderheads and crownlike crests of tousled feathers, storm rocs are said to live for hundreds of years and eventually grow to the size of the true rocs. Storm rocs have the same statistics as eagles.
- Runewells (first discussed here)
- Town of Sandpoint
- Feathered Serpent
- Rusty Dragon inn (owned by Ameiko Kaijitsu)
The MAPS for Rise of the Runelords are posted in THIS thread.
Editor's Notes: If you create a new Wiki page for this PbP, please use the RotRL tag as part of the name. For instance, if you need a page for an NPC called Bianca Black, create that page as RotRL Bianca Black.